Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

snaeksikn posted:

Can someone tell Kane Cornes that

Quantum Shart posted:

He is dumb as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

gay picnic defence posted:

Yeah, the same people were overlaying maps of the bushfires with the 5G rollout and the high speed rail path too.

The Guardian has reported in the past that a lot of this poo poo originates from Russian troll factories

I made the mistake of quoting that guardian article when people at work were talking about 5G loonies once, and then they thought I was a loony, too. Most people aren’t online enough to believe in troll farms I guess

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
At least footy isn't completely dead. Noted massive nerd Mitch Robinson avenged the Lions round 1 loss to Hawthorn in AFL Evolution 2 then got man of the match Cam Rayner on facetime to discuss his performance in the game

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Kicked a goal too

https://twitter.com/RudiEdsall/status/1247115088927977472

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
its better news than michael hibberd's brother likely being killed in a boating accident

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

snaeksikn posted:

its better news than michael hibberd's brother likely being killed in a boating accident

He's dead. It's a tricky bit of water for a small boat around there on a good day let alone in some of the worst weather we've had all year.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
I like this idea

https://twitter.com/Br_Tr/status/1247369218762272768?s=19

Call it VFL Park. For no particular reason.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Looks like foxfooty and a whole bunch of other foxtel sport staff are getting the arse.
https://tvblackbox.com.au/page/2020/4/8/foxtel-sheds-staff-due-to-coronavirus

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Looks like the Giants let a nuffie run the media account after laying all their staff off

https://twitter.com/GWSGIANTS/status/1247778200370819072

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
On top of everything else, I’m really missing football.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

realbez posted:

On top of everything else, I’m really missing football.

I would be the same except whenever I start to miss footy I remember that the Saints lost to North after being 29 points up at half time when North had 1 player on the bench.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Periphery posted:

I would be the same except whenever I start to miss footy I remember that the Saints lost to North after being 29 points up at half time when North had 1 player on the bench.

The elusive reverse Norfing

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Here's hoping that AFL Evo 2 will be available in the US. Missing footy.

edit: according to the folks who run the AFL Evo page on FB, it should release here. I'll have to check after midnight.

SirFozzie fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Apr 9, 2020

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Is it any good? The AFL games have always had terrible reviews IIRC

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
It is up on the xbox store.

From what I've watched the game is fun and pretty deep with career options and various leagues, but it looks like a ps2 game. You can tell it is a small Australian dev.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

drunkill posted:

It is up on the xbox store.

From what I've watched the game is fun and pretty deep with career options and various leagues, but it looks like a ps2 game. You can tell it is a small Australian dev.

From what I've seen, the faces are derpy as hell and the crowd looks like NPCs from Tony Hawk's Underground.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
WAPol are investigating Nat Fyfe for alleged surfing

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Cow ‘abunga’ Dude

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Still not available on NA PS store. Guess I'll have to check again on Tuesday. :(

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

thepokey posted:

Cow ‘abunga’ Dude

Co(w)bra Dude

https://twitter.com/footyjumpers/status/1248112725881794560

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I appreciate that the AFL has decided to go back to tradition by not having footy on Good Friday.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

Gonna assume the confederate style one is a reference to Western Australia's secessionist past.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
I was itching some footy last night and found the Freo vs Geel round 3 2010 game on my NAS, cracking game, 117 vs 124, Pav and GAJ in amazing form.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Caught the 2008 Freo vs Melbourne game during the week, 50 points down at half time and won by a goal :toot:

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Solemn Sloth posted:

Caught the 2008 Freo vs Melbourne game during the week, 50 points down at half time and won by a goal :toot:

God I remember that game, and just having that sinking feeling during the second half.

Wonaeamirri had a day out if I remember rightly

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Sam Newman absolutely melting down on Twitter over not being able to play golf. Anyone who tries to reason it with him is met with some variation of "Get hosed you dumb loser!"

Corona, do your thing

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Looks like the AFL Evolution 2 game will release here in the US on thursday.. the date change never got communicated to Sony of NA :)

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

thepokey posted:

Sam Newman absolutely melting down on Twitter over not being able to play golf. Anyone who tries to reason it with him is met with some variation of "Get hosed you dumb loser!"

Corona, do your thing

Who is he blaming for the great injustice that he cannot enjoy a leisure pursuit favoured by the filthy idle rich? Blacks? Women? Gay folk? I can't imagine who elses fault it could be.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Honestly Evolution 2 is a fine enough game. You're obviously not going to get anything of EA or 2K quality but it's honestly a pretty playable, competent game. It's lightyears better than Evo 1 and I've enjoyed what I'm playing of it.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Well at least it has improved, unlike EA/2K sports games.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
I know Eddie Maguire is generally a dickhead but it is good him calling out Pell on his bullshit "woe is me" garbage Bolt has come up with.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Nutsngum posted:

I know Eddie Maguire is generally a dickhead but it is good him calling out Pell on his bullshit "woe is me" garbage Bolt has come up with.

I can’t see what you are talking about can you link it?

Eddie is a funny one in that he’s been a racist and an idiot and out of touch, but he’s also a kid who grew up in broady and maybe 50% of the time he remembers that. There’s a reason that maybe 10-15 years back when there was rumours he’d get into politics he was rumoured to come in with labor not liberals.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

BrigadierSensible posted:

Who is he blaming for the great injustice that he cannot enjoy a leisure pursuit favoured by the filthy idle rich? Blacks? Women? Gay folk? I can't imagine who elses fault it could be.

I mean, I have no idea because I'm not going to listen to a word he says, but 99% chance he's blaming the state labor government.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I think he's just whining into the void

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Chairchucker posted:

I think he's just whining into the void

Nah, they took The Footy Show off air.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
I'll have to wait for the PC release for Evo 2.

Meantime, with no live footy, it's given me time to concentrate on putting the history stuff for GRAFT up. Most of it's geared around the ratings because why bother duplicating AFL Tables (since that's where I pulled my data from anyway) but there's still a lot of things on the list to add.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I really think fox should have leaned hard into the throwback fixture stuff. Run a ladder based off the replays theyre running. Do a comedy focused weekly wrapup of the round on a sunday. What else are they going to be doing for the next six months?

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

cmndstab posted:

I mean, I have no idea because I'm not going to listen to a word he says, but 99% chance he's blaming the state labor government.

He uploaded a bunch of videos on twitter today as well blaming Andrews. What an idiot. Australia if this continues will be one of the few countries that gets out of this thing without huge loss of life compared to others and he’s crying because he can’t play golf.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
he was protesting outside parliament. heh.

If they opened golf courses, they would be absolutely packed to the rafters with boomers trying to play every day while off work.

Actually, not a bad idea...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

teacup posted:

He uploaded a bunch of videos on twitter today as well blaming Andrews. What an idiot. Australia if this continues will be one of the few countries that gets out of this thing without huge loss of life compared to others and he’s crying because he can’t play golf.

Rich people and celebrities coming across real bad in this whole pandemic.