Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

b-minus1 posted:

This happened to me as well. Also, I did not receive dragonatrix’s pm even though I copped them yesterday. I am very confused

What, the loving up to not rolecop by accident happened to you too :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

uggggggggh this is why D1 is the best, before everyone gets sidetracked by night action analysis which is probably pointless cause there's so much people don't know or take for granted, or in this case don't read in the OP

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Bifauxnen posted:

Oh wow that was lucky

Since Toal's flip revealed that YPM would be jailed and couldn't possibly use his night rolecop,I decided to rolecop Amnistar instead of Dancer. Since YPM couldn't fill that part of the chain, and Dancer who was next in line after me would likely just get free-lunched today anyway.

Also cause I wasn't expecting to actually live through tonight and so if someone else had three same idea it prolly wouldn't matter if we doubled up.

Amni, you might have some idea about your role by now, though? There is an interesting extra quirk to it though, once you "become aware" of it. Much like Toal's role also mentioned a change once you became aware. I could possibly tell you more later.

##action Bif

No need to share anything right now.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Also, I did my rolecop, got results back if AA wants to know what the results are, I can post em.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Quoting Spacing's D1 list, primarily cause I'm a lazy sack of poo poo that doesn't want to reread D1 and wants to see results :v:

Poster --> Used Action On, in chronological thread order:
Bifauxnen -> Solus
Amnistar -> Merk
Sandwolf -> Sandwolf
Dragonatrix -> b-minus1
Spacing in Vienna -> flerp
Your Personal Muse -> Sandwolf
b-minus1 -> Dragonatrix
Eat the Rich -> Mr. Steak
Anomalous Amalgam -> Bifauxnen
Toalpaz -> Your Personal Muse
Mr. Humalong -> Bifauxnen
Dancer -> b-minus1
Flerp -> spacing in Vienna
Mr. Steak -> Solus
Gamerofthegame -> toalpaz

That's fifteen of seventeen. People who haven't used theirs yet, in alphabetical order:
merk
SolusLunes

--------------------------------------

D2 action order
Aministar -> Bifauxnen

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Advocating that we make use of the freebie lurker kill on Solus and get it out of the way.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Also advocating that I go get some sleep.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

okay I did a rolecop on bif

anyway day one was a weekend, blah blah I lurked and that's really all there is to that

however!

having read day 1 I've found a posting pattern that I think is scummy:

Gamerofthegame posted:

Back filling it, there is something just off with amni and ypm back and forth, although unfortunately I can't really put my finger on it. It feels a little like just scum making noise in a slow thread to get by, given they're... making nonsense empty arguments. On the flip they could be active town who's only assmo is nonsense empty nomenclature arguments, though.

it's not a big read

"could be scum or could be town"

Gamerofthegame posted:

drop the "bunch" bit it's dumb as hell gang

everyone who's anyone knows that scum aren't going to divine out bad takes and pushes out of the aether day one, that backfires too much. all these bad cases are town

the real scum is etr

"this scummy thing is too dumb to be scum"

Gamerofthegame posted:

let's be real there probably isn't enough people active to get to fancy with voting

solus is a nothing vote and I don't think scum would do something so brazenly dumb as that, so maybe steak and etr are ok

unsure.

hum or AA gang

"this scummy vote on solus is too dumb to be scum"

Gamerofthegame posted:

wait hold up

stop a sec, genuinely help me out here gang

we're piling on lurker dragon because they made went what amounts to "idk that feels town to me" with some back and forth after bif needled them on it?

i dunno about this one chief. once again I don't think scumchat would go "let's all start a d1 train on this lurker who said something just weird enough!!" because that seems stupid/suicidal af but still

why? this seems particularly weird from bif who's engaging with people in the thread in general and she comes back to this? have I missed key details of this case

"this scummy vote on dragon is too dumb to be scum"

Gamerofthegame posted:

i don't think would-be scum would bat for toal

sure is a lot of knowing what's dumb for scum

##vote gotg

also right since we didn't have a dayvig yesterday, I'm going to ##action Infinitum and I hope you reciprocate, infi

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

SolusLunes posted:

also right since we didn't have a dayvig yesterday, I'm going to ##action Infinitum and I hope you reciprocate, infi

...I'm gonna go right ahead and say that immediately actioning the guy who has a high possibility of having a dayvig, and has said they would withhold from using it until the end of day to give town an opportunity to double dunk, to be scummy as gently caress behaviour.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Gotg does strike me as scummy. Someone got 66d last night whatever that means lol

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Infinitum posted:

...I'm gonna go right ahead and say that immediately actioning the guy who has a high possibility of having a dayvig, and has said they would withhold from using it until the end of day to give town an opportunity to double dunk, to be scummy as gently caress behaviour.

No, I think it's stupid. Why on earth would it be scummy to push someone that we don't know the day action of to target yourself?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I'm ping ponging back and forth on Hum based on their behavior at the end of the day yesterday.

Either I actually got under Hum's skin, and pissed them off, in which case I apologize for it, and the reactions were genuine

or

Hum didn't care who got lunched and just moved their vote and then did perforative outrage when they got called out on it.

I'm leaning towards genuine reaction, thoughts of other people?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Infinitum posted:

for the record, I copped you and you do not have a dayvig

I shouldn't tell you what you have either, tho.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

spacing in vienna posted:

Gamer, why hum then toal?

because I think hum is scum, as outlined before!!

speaking of

##vote hum

SolusLunes posted:

yea because why would any scum team make a random push altogether on someone effectively out of nowhere at that point

that just marks you as a group. that's dumb. qed, I don't think they all can be scum together pushing that because while I haven't hit up mafia in a while I entertain the idea that our players here aren't going to be that unsubtle.

also also

Gamerofthegame posted:

why

they're both lurkers who made a weird post!!

help the dragon/etr/toal pushes feel like the weirdest thing

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Steak did anything happen to you last night?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Gamerofthegame posted:

Good or bad if I action you today?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Gamerofthegame posted:

Whoah congrats Solus, if you don't have a dayvig no one does

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Bifauxnen posted:

Whoah congrats Solus, if you don't have a dayvig no one does

In fairness I think it's significantly more likely to be "no one does"

if I'm wrong I dayvigged inf, and dayvigs are cool

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Steak did anything happen to you last night?

I rolecopped him

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Humalong posted:

I rolecopped him

Fair enough mr. 66

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Amni as for your question about Hum, I don't know what to make of that lateday angry posting you were asking about. I'm just still leaning towards preferring Dragonatrix as a lunch choice before Hum, since even though Hum's reactions to me were scummy, they seem more likely to have an alternative townie explanation, imo.

I'm starting to feel a bit suspicious of SIV though, for messing up using the rolecop last night even after she took the time yesterday to say she liked the chain-rolecop plan. Also this:

loving hell I can't get votefinder to update, it's not right in the op and not right in the website either, can someone post?!

I hate the ETR switch, people piled on like crazy, there would be more traction if he was scum.

"People piled on like crazy" is a bad reason to cast doubt on a vote shift when it's super close to deadline and there's no way but fast that the votes can pile on. And when people are explicitly looking for the possibility of a last-minute alternative vote.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Fair enough mr. 66

I’m going to guess 66 is the nightkill

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Also how the gently caress do you mess up using your rolecop?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Humalong posted:

I’m going to guess 66 is the nightkill

No, you 66d steak. Everything is codified and weird. :arghfist: yami

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

Bifauxnen posted:

uggggggggh this is why D1 is the best, before everyone gets sidetracked by night action analysis which is probably pointless cause there's so much people don't know or take for granted, or in this case don't read in the OP

Right I wasn't going to say this because bif just accused me and that means this will be dismissed as omgus but bif, you are giving me all the bad vibes today. You rushed into the thread to explain that you didn't follow the plan but that's ok because you got useful info by luckily guessing and then also, everyone, please remember that night actions are horrible and "pointless."

Also why is nobody responding to the actually interesting thing about my posts, the fact that we apparently have a redirector/busdriver in play SMH.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Amnistar posted:

Also, I did my rolecop, got results back if AA wants to know what the results are, I can post em.

Does it give you an indication on alignment? I'm trying to remember if last hidden role mafia, the scum had clearly scum roles. I was town doctor.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

SolusLunes posted:

okay I did a rolecop on bif

anyway day one was a weekend, blah blah I lurked and that's really all there is to that

however!

having read day 1 I've found a posting pattern that I think is scummy:

"could be scum or could be town"

"this scummy thing is too dumb to be scum"

"this scummy vote on solus is too dumb to be scum"

"this scummy vote on dragon is too dumb to be scum"

##vote gotg

Why did you rolecop bif, when the plan was for everyone to rolecop the next name down?

Why were you a complete nonentity on d1? You didn't even vote anyone iirc.

Why use your action now, and why target infi?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Does it give you an indication on alignment? I'm trying to remember if last hidden role mafia, the scum had clearly scum roles. I was town doctor.

Nope, nothing revealing.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Gamerofthegame posted:

because I think hum is scum, as outlined before!!

speaking of

##vote hum

Dude not what I was asking. We were consolidating the lunch, it was like 5 or 10 till, we were deciding between etr, toal, and someone else. You stopped and abruptly voted hum, and then in your very next post, two minutes later, voted toal. What was the point of that?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Right I wasn't going to say this because bif just accused me and that means this will be dismissed as omgus

Uh huuuuuh go on hehe

quote:

but bif, you are giving me all the bad vibes today. You rushed into the thread to explain that you didn't follow the plan but that's ok because you got useful info by luckily guessing and then also, everyone, please remember that night actions are horrible and "pointless."

Night actions aren't pointless, it's just annoying how much people rely so heavily on them and don't want to play Mafia until they get some, when they can't even understand how basic ones work sometimes

But sure sure, I couldn't just be letting off steam about people messing up their night actions already, I must be literally trying to actually convince everyone in thread to disregard night actions ok

Anyway I didn't get useful info by luck, I would have got the same info on Amni whether or not Dancer died. The lucky part was that my choice to ignore Dancer ended up having no cost to it whatsoever.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Humalong posted:

Also how the gently caress do you mess up using your rolecop?

Easy. You look up the list, figure out who you are supposed to target, see that it's YPM, look up your list of actions, see that toal targeted and therefore jailed YPM, and then try to decide if you should stick to the plan or find a new target. You end up deciding that sticking to the plan is what everyone is supposed to do, and besides, you'll see what your night action failure message is, which is useful.

So with all that decided, you type "target ypm with my night action please and thanks" and go back to sleep.

Later you reread and realize that your night action is not the same as your rolecop and you were so busy focusing on the target that you didn't specify what you meant and you are loving dumb.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Bifauxnen posted:

"People piled on like crazy" is a bad reason to cast doubt on a vote shift when it's super close to deadline and there's no way but fast that the votes can pile on. And when people are explicitly looking for the possibility of a last-minute alternative vote.

K you're missing my point, I think. You're right that it was a last minute push, and so things piled up fast, and that's the only way they could have.

I'm saying: everyone in thread shrugged and kind of went with it. Sure, ETR, why not.

Last minute pushes that don't hit any resistance like that almost never hit scum. The fact that no one really cared if it was ETR one way or the other pretty much meant ETR wasn't scum. If he were, there would have been more of a pushback, even a token one.

That's why I didn't want to switch.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The ETR vote didn't end up happening though, did it?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

No, you 66d steak. Everything is codified and weird. :arghfist: yami

So is this a passive part of your role or did you also not follow the “everyone rolecop the person below you” plan?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Humalong posted:

So is this a passive part of your role or did you also not follow the “everyone rolecop the person below you” plan?

*swallows hard*

There was a night action plan?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Bifauxnen posted:

The ETR vote didn't end up happening though, did it?

No. It fizzled. But etr was the vote leader when I said that, and up to that point, no one had pushed back or seemed to care much one way or the other.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

*swallows hard*

There was a night action plan?

:goofy:

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Good or bad if I action you today?

Doesn't matter.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Dude not what I was asking. We were consolidating the lunch, it was like 5 or 10 till, we were deciding between etr, toal, and someone else. You stopped and abruptly voted hum, and then in your very next post, two minutes later, voted toal. What was the point of that?

protest mostly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Gamerofthegame posted:

protest mostly

At five to ten till? Crappy time to protest.