Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Wrestlemania have been postponed?
This poll is closed.
Yes. 44 28.76%
Yes. 109 71.24%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Wendell posted:

There was a Benoit spot? What happened??

they hung a popular canadian wrestler from a bowflex to own the libs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Wendell posted:

There was a Benoit spot? What happened??

attempted to do a homicide with gym equipment

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Edge: Man we shot alot of stuff, I wonder what it'll look like after the editing down

"Editing?"

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Blaise330 posted:

Edge: Man we shot alot of stuff, I wonder what it'll look like after the editing down

"Editing?"

Hahaha

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Did they really not use the opportunity to have John Cena do the “You can’t see me” and disappear?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

John Cena plays a real good Shinji Ikari

*John Cena gives Rey an Attitude Adjustment, screaming*

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

Open Marriage Night posted:

Did they really not use the opportunity to have John Cena do the “You can’t see me” and disappear?

I think that would give him some semblance of power in Bray's weird dimension which was the opposite (imo) of what they were going for.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Honestly I bet Orton thought the hanging was just a creative way to get his chinlock in.

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

Chris James 2 posted:

Dave said on Observer Radio nobody would admit who produced that match, so I'm assuming it's HHH because "Slow-paced blood feud match that goes on forever" is 100% his style

You might be on to something lol

That's not even including entrances and the post match stuff it was a solid hour of self-indulgent wankery.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

You might be on to something lol

That's not even including entrances and the post match stuff it was a solid hour of self-indulgent wankery.

Aside from his 32 match with Roman, HHH has had the longest match in every wrestlemania he's been in for the last decade. Oh man, Edge vs Orton is longer than Shane vs Undertaker.....

27 - Undertaker vs HHH
28 - Undertaker vs HHH
29 - Brock Lesnar vs HHH
XXX - Daniel Bryan vs HHH
31 - Sting vs HHH
32 - Undertaker vs Shane McMahon
33 - Seth Rollins vs HHH
34 - Angle & Rousey vs HHH & Stephanie McMahon

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Blaise330 posted:

Aside from his 32 match with Roman, HHH has had the longest match in every wrestlemania he's been in for the last decade. Oh man, Edge vs Orton is longer than Shane vs Undertaker.....

27 - Undertaker vs HHH
28 - Undertaker vs HHH
29 - Brock Lesnar vs HHH
XXX - Daniel Bryan vs HHH
31 - Sting vs HHH
32 - Undertaker vs Shane McMahon
33 - Seth Rollins vs HHH
34 - Angle & Rousey vs HHH & Stephanie McMahon

methodical

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Since the match had a few obvious hard cuts, I wonder if it'd mess up the flow of the match to the point where it's noticable if you completely took a segment out. Like what if the first time they had to switch camera men it just jumped to the last segment

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Blaise330 posted:

Since the match had a few obvious hard cuts, I wonder if it'd mess up the flow of the match to the point where it's noticable if you completely took a segment out. Like what if the first time they had to switch camera men it just jumped to the last segment

we definitely could have walked straight from the gym to the garage

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Based on what you guys said here, I actually watched the Firefly Funhouse match, and loved it. As someone who's hated Cena forever and always thought Bray deserved better, it was so vindicating for the story to actually be "yes, John Cena loving sucks as a person, and he loses". Really built on a ton of history. I have to wonder who wrote it, maybe Bray? I can't imagine Cena having much of a hand in it, but kudos for going along with it.

Also it's infuriating that yes, WWE can do good stuff when their back is literally against the wall, but given the chance you're never gonna see the "GOOD poo poo". This match would never have happened on a regular WM, and if it did I guarantee they would have reversed the outcome for the audience. That said, Bray owns, surely will go down as one of the best promos in the business.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Alan_Shore posted:

I have to wonder who wrote it, maybe Bray? I can't imagine Cena having much of a hand in it, but kudos for going along with it.

Dave on Observer Radio said Bray and Prichard produced, Cena made key changes that apparently made it better than the original plan

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, it seemed very in line with Cena's sense of humor.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Chris James 2 posted:

Dave said on Observer Radio nobody would admit who produced that match, so I'm assuming it's HHH because "Slow-paced blood feud match that goes on forever" is 100% his style
I'm going to go with HBK

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah, it seemed very in line with Cena's sense of humor.

I hope Cena insisted on the nWo part

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
My guess would be the zoom in on Cena as the Cena voice over talked about most overrated overhyped wrestler of all time was Cena's contribution.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Intruder posted:

I hope Cena insisted on the nWo part

"I never got to air guitar that drat Big Gold Belt when I had it..."

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
NWO bought hogan an extra decade on top, what would a heel turn have done for cena....

I have a feeling Roman's firefly match won't be as interesting. Cena is such a character to deconstruct, Roman is just some big nice guy.

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Apr 6, 2020

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Just imagine Cena with the jet black beard, and bleach blond mustache, brother

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy
Cena, to his credit, realized some time ago that you can't really hurt him in terms of his character at this point, and has enough self-awareness that he's willing to really lean into stuff like this.

You can debate how he/his character got to that point, but it seems like it's been a while since he's been unwilling to show his rear end.

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

Blaise330 posted:

NWO bought hogan an extra decade on top, what would a heel turn have done for cena....

I have a feeling Roman's firefly match won't be as interesting. Cena is such a character to deconstruct, Roman is just some big nice guy.

What WILL a heel turn do for Cena...

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
My dream heel stable is cena, roman, and scott steiner

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Dave on Observer Radio said Bray and Prichard produced, Cena made key changes that apparently made it better than the original plan

I've got some piping hot scoops: John Cena is good

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Aardvark Barber posted:

I told everyone. A jet black stubble beard and a bleach blond mustache

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Zack Ryder: Is The Fiend gonna show the bad stuff John did to me or..... alrighty then, cm punk clips, cool

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I told everyone. A jet black stubble beard and a bleach blond mustache

No more bright colors.

Tasteful bland suits and ties.

Plain black tights in the ring. Wrist tape.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
honestly i'm having a hard time thinking about anyone else they could put in the funhouse.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

reignofevil posted:

My guess would be the zoom in on Cena as the Cena voice over talked about most overrated overhyped wrestler of all time was Cena's contribution.

I could see that, in part because I can't imagine Bray trying to pitch that to him

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

uncurable mlady posted:

honestly i'm having a hard time thinking about anyone else they could put in the funhouse.

If Big Show ever gets challenged to one he better loving RUN

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
imagining a rock funhouse match

or triple h

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
It would just stroke HHH's ego if he was in one. "hah look guys, im making fun of myself, im one of you. Didja hear the line about me marrying Steph and getting pushed? Didja see me with the shovel? Man this poo poo got real"

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Also HHH would go over after asking "Am I loving going over?"

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
If the fiend had to kill HHH for each nickname we'd be here a while. At least he'd only have to kill like 3 undertakers or 4 kanes.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Did they really have the puppet say that's good poo poo

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Aardvark Barber posted:

More like what DID a heel turn do

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008