Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Methanar posted:

Revolution is probably like, a 72 hour internet outage away.

im not sure people below the age of 30 know how to organize without the internet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

PCjr sidecar posted:

thinking about flyovers as immutable solid red is some peak dlc third way brain

the right, when confronted with demographic changes that would put them out of power, lies, cheats, and disenfranchises and then uses that to entrench power

seeing this, the center-left shrugs and fantasize about isolating to ‘blue’ states which had partially or fully red governments as recently as the now-immutably red states were blue

i dont think bernie is trying to isolate to blue states?

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
My laptop isn't letting me log in this morning. Wondering if it's all over

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

PCjr sidecar posted:

the right, when confronted with demographic changes that would put them out of power, lies, cheats, and disenfranchises and then uses that to entrench power

seeing this, the center-left shrugs and fantasize about isolating to ‘blue’ states which had partially or fully red governments as recently as the now-immutably red states were blue

they're not immutable red but their relative power to number of votes they need ratio is extremely favorable so all the dirty tricks like voter suppression, gerrymandering, ratfucking, etc. are more effective and affordable. the whole thing of politics right now is that there aren't even that many actual hardcore conservatives, they just have better resources and organization. the tea party thing worked so well because these pacs could threaten to spend a couple hundred grand in a house primary so if moderates didn't sign grover norquist's tax suicide pact and lick some pro life leader's balls they'd risk losing to some 35 yo liberty university alum

texas will flip blue before too long because there's too many people for this poo poo to work [I'm not getting into what the democrats will look like by the time that happens]

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Methanar posted:

My laptop isn't letting me log in this morning. Wondering if it's all over

you can access the forums. that's all taht matters

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Turns out jamf or whatever syncs your laptop to AD is just garbage and didn't propagate my new password (??)

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

hi im achmed jones and i work from home

i got two pairs of sweatpants for $7 from amazon and they're pretty great. i haven't owned sweatpants in a very, very long time, so this is uncharted territory

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

Achmed Jones posted:

i got two pairs of sweatpants for $7 from amazon and they're pretty great. i haven't owned sweatpants in a very, very long time, so this is uncharted territory

At my last job, a coworker said he would work for half as much money if he could wear sweatpants to work. He's living his best life now

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Achmed Jones posted:

I'm still trying to figure out my loungewear solution, I'm thinking of going full tracksuit

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

We are having a virtual all hands meeting today.

:suicide:

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Echi can you get your hands on these and distribute them to yospos?

https://www.raybiotech.com/covid-19-igm-igg-rapid-test-kit/

You could add some rodtronics branding to the packaging and charge 25 bucks a pop.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

PCjr sidecar posted:

the south has been under single party rule for 200 years

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

AnimeIsTrash posted:

those are great because you can just wander off and make more coffee whenever you want

or watch the recorded version later and skip the 80% cheerleading for the 20% meaningful info

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Achmed Jones posted:

Asleep Style posted:

At my last job, a coworker said he would work for half as much money if he could wear sweatpants to work. He's living his best life now

i have to get fully dressed, albeit not in my usual work clothes. jeans, t-shirt, flannel, shoes--everything--when working from home or i don't feel right. having a brokebrain is cool actually

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
I get dressed (jeans t shirt) else I'd feel like poo poo after a day or two, and I need everything I can get to keep focused.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

last one we had it was announced 10% of the company wasn't with us anymore

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

power botton posted:

last one we had it was announced 10% of the company wasn't with us anymore

last one we had mentioned that they laid off the entire photography services department (not sure what percentage that was) and everyone left is getting haircuts that start at 5%

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

President Beep posted:

i have to get fully dressed, albeit not in my usual work clothes. jeans, t-shirt, flannel, shoes--everything--when working from home or i don't feel right. having a brokebrain is cool actually

Yeah, I'm showered and fully dressed by 6 am. If I don't my whole day is messed up and I feel like garbage.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I make sure to shower and put on not-pajamas. Usually that's normal work clothes, but sometimes it ends up gym shorts (or sweatpants)

i haven't put product in my hair in so long, though

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I keep my usual schedule for the most part I'm just slacker dressing, which is only slightly below my regular work dress

I have kind of devolved into my gene seed for being a grad student though; getting into some groove and then just working at all hours and being a mess

its kind of refreshing

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
I really don't understand the shower in the morning thing even though most people do it. I like to feel clean when I crawl into bed at night.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I run in the morning so its pretty necessary for multiple reasons

I would do it twice a day (and have sometimes) but that feels a little decadent

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

rotor posted:

I watched this and thought it was v good, OP

https://www.netflix.com/title/80109551

I have watched this and it was both interesting and a little scary.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

qirex posted:

I'm still trying to figure out my loungewear solution, I'm thinking of going full tracksuit

I've been wearing some long johns and a long sleeve tshirt. Throw on a robe on top of it if I get too chilly.

I now understand why women are wearing leggings all the time.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
id wear leggings all the time if it weren't for the whole David Bowie dilz aspect

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

lancemantis posted:

id wear leggings all the time if it weren't for the whole David Bowie dilz aspect

I fail to see the problem

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
don't want to make other guys jealous, you know :cool:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
not sure why but i've taken to tucking my sweat pants into my socks, it feels cozier

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

lancemantis posted:

i'm sorry i called you a dick that one time

not sorry

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

ambient oatmeal posted:

I fail to see the problem

don't wanna cook those nads, brother

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

rotor posted:

not sure why but i've taken to tucking my sweat pants into my socks, it feels cozier

rotor

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

don't wanna cook those nads, brother

Wear better leggings

Or chop them off entirely that's my plan

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

what i do in the privacy of my own home with my own socks is my business, I'll thank you to keep your comments to yourself.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

rotor coronavirus isn't literally a "bug" that you can keep out of your pants like that

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

President Beep posted:

rotor coronavirus isn't literally a "bug" that you can keep out of your pants like that

what if you also use sandals

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

rotor posted:

strong Czech tourist vibes

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
they made the weed stores in santa clara county medical-only, which is really stupid because everyone who had a rec let it expire because you don't need it anymore. (you used to have to pay a doctor $50 every year to renew.) so basically those dispensaries are just shut down, because santa clara county officials are anti-weed idiots. delivery services still going strong here in san mateo county, but i picked up an ounce just in case they decide to gently caress with that too

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Penisface posted:

what if you also use sandals

in the house??? don't be crazy

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
the anti-weed balkanization of California is fun times and Im sure will be repeated elsewhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Coronavirus: Pastor who decried 'hysteria' dies after attending Mardi Gras

wow turns out its still the liberal media’s fault in part :thunk: