Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

The balls are normally attached to the underside of the IC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

for your sunday night viewing pleasure, i give you:

the wikipedia bad image list :nws: and also :nms:

this is so loving funny lmao

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

that is a powerful page

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

From there:

Also that page has a link to... this, whatever this is. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:List_of_cabals

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Carbon dioxide posted:

From there:

Also that page has a link to... this, whatever this is. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:List_of_cabals

That page is significantly less anti-semitic than its name implies

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Description English: Ball skewer
Date 28 July 2015, 01:07:13
Source Own work

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
In the 21st century, propeller beanies are rarely seen on the street

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
what's the street value of a propeller beanie these days

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sham bam bamina! posted:

what's the street value of a propeller beanie these days

your self-respect

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Soricidus posted:

In the 21st century, propeller beanies are rarely seen on the street

nooooo

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

the filenames are :stare: enough, without even clicking thru to the pix

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Lutha Mahtin posted:

4825Maduya,_Carmona,_Cavite_Landmarks_02.jpg

:confused:

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

guess it was used to vandalize wiki pages vOv

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

It was a painful journey to find this image

Ornamental Dingbat fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Apr 7, 2020

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Surf and turf or surf 'n' turf

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Lutha Mahtin posted:

you'll never guess what's in "A 64 year old 3.JPG", "A 64 year old 4.JPG", and "A 64 year old 7.JPG" !
(no word on the whereabouts of 5 and 6)

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

It was a painful journey to find this image

i think all the pooping and peeing animal pics get added to the bad list. not gonna verify that statement myself tho

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Yeah iirc the bad image list is images that need admin permission to be added to a page, so it includes both the gross sexual ones that perverts like to repost, and the vaguely objectionable ones like animals peeing that are apparently used somewhere on Wikipedia but which they want to restrict to that page alone

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
post the least worthless thing you can find on wikipedia

Predators [edit]

Despite being one of the most venomous snakes in Central and South America, the snake is sometimes preyed on by Goliath birdeater spiders.[19]

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

As a natural food substance, manna would produce waste products; but in classical rabbinical literature, as a supernatural substance, it was held that manna produced no waste, resulting in no defecation among the Israelites until several decades later, when the manna had ceased to fall.[34] Modern medical science suggests the lack of defecation over such a long period of time would cause severe bowel problems, especially when other food later began to be consumed again. Classical rabbinical writers say that the Israelites complained about the lack of defecation, and were concerned about potential bowel problems.[34]

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

a massive badly-disguised advertisement page about a collection of villages in nigeria

quote:

The people of Anam are known for their hospitality, honesty, resilience, and hard work.[citation needed] |6°10'49.6"|N|6°46'38.1" |E| 6°25'18.7"N 6°47'34.1"E

quote:

Agricultural prowess
Anam is well known for farming and fishing. Anam Land is fertile, its waters and rivers are replete with a teeming number of a great variety of fishes. The people are predominantly arable farmers who farm round the season producing up to 70% of the whole food stuff in Anambra State. Major crops produced in Anam in large quantities include yam, cassava, rice, corn, groundnut and potatoes. Anam Rice is well sought after as it contains little or no gravel. The cornucopia of yearly farm harvest of the Anam people is directly linked to the abundance mentality of the people that no matter what, food will always be available. This may also explain their being generous to a fault when showing hospitality to neighbours and strangers.

quote:

[quote]
Delicacies
During festivals Anam people take their time to prepare special soup, especially "ove isala" (ove nsala), a soup prepared with fresh catfish (ikele/aala) and gulped down with fresh pounded yam. Friends of Anam people never want to miss this delicious meal, particularly when they are invited to Otite Anam (Anam New Yam Festival), Nzurani and other festivities.

Tourism potential
Anam has many historic scenery. Anam now serves as the potential shortest link between Anambra and Kogi States through the Anambra Bridge. Developing this route will make the journey to and from Abuja the Federal Capital Territory a short smooth trip. A speedboat expedition along the Anambra River is a worthwhile venture for those who love the calming waves of the sea breeze.

A visit to Anam will surely afford one an opportunity to meet this unique people whose name has been indelibly imprinted on the sands of history on account of their peculiar geography and culture, and their contribution to a State they cherish proudly as their own, Anambra State.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Apr 8, 2020

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
how do you indelibly imprint something on sand

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Sham bam bamina! posted:

how do you indelibly imprint something on sand

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chlorine_trifluoride

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The lyrics are a mild satire on the style and antics of the players involved: "old Willie Thorne; his hair's all gawn" for example. The verse on Steve Davis also makes light of the 1985 World Snooker Championship final and his missed black in the final frame, and notes that his manager is not concerned who should win the upcoming 1986 Championship "because he's got the rest of us signed up!". Ironically, while all the top players of the day were featured on the recording, the 1986 Championship was eventually won by rank outsider Joe Johnson who was neither involved nor mentioned in the lyrics.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Parahexavoctal posted:

As a natural food substance, manna would produce waste products; but in classical rabbinical literature, as a supernatural substance, it was held that manna produced no waste, resulting in no defecation among the Israelites until several decades later, when the manna had ceased to fall.[34]

i bet poopsockers are so mad they can't get their hands on a big pile of manna

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
*puts down controller*

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

but seriously imagine being one of the israelite babies that was born in the desert and never pooped until you're like 35 years old and finally leave and start eating normal food and then it happens. you'd be traumatized

e: does breast milk make babies poop if the mother only ate manna? surely some rabbi has figured this out

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i read a whole thing somewhere about medieval scholars & theologists discussing the implications of cannibalism re rising from the flesh. like, a person will become whole when they are reborn, so what was eaten from them will come back to them

but what if two cannibals had a baby that was then wholly made from the materia of other persons, and they were reborn, does the baby cease to exist?

pretty wild stuff

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Krankenstyle posted:

i read a whole thing somewhere about medieval scholars & theologists discussing the implications of cannibalism re rising from the flesh. like, a person will become whole when they are reborn, so what was eaten from them will come back to them

but what if two cannibals had a baby that was then wholly made from the materia of other persons, and they were reborn, does the baby cease to exist?

pretty wild stuff

please don't post your ff7 fanfic in the wikipedia thread

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

idgi

ps ive never played a ff game because nobody had nintendos when i grew up, we all had the superior commodores 64

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Sagebrush posted:

but seriously imagine being one of the israelite babies that was born in the desert and never pooped until you're like 35 years old and finally leave and start eating normal food and then it happens. you'd be traumatized

imagine the same, but you were really into butt stuff

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Krankenstyle posted:

pretty wild stuff

https://twitter.com/erik_kaars/status/1139106297339686912?s=20

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

yeah that was it!

tweetstorms suck rear end but i learned something this once

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

imagine the same, but you were really into butt stuff

"aaa what the hell! god!!! the butt is for putting into, not coming out from!!!"

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Krankenstyle posted:

pretty wild stuff

the idea of calories and even understanding of digestion is actually a fairly recent scientific discovery, i wanna say <200 years according to mary roach's book Guts

apparently for a long time people thought that you took in sustenance from the vital life force of the foods you ate somehow

so manna probably worked by giving you a smidge of god-energy

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

yea the idea of measurable energy as something you consume is new

but theres still a truth in the idea of your poop and your child being the product of the person that you killed and ate

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
oh whoops i meant to quote sagebrush re: breastfeeding while on a 100% manna diet

got that divine tittymilk

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

lego milk tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Cold on a Cob posted:

please don't post your ff7 fanfic in the wikipedia thread

goons have never encountered actual theology, example 3948472819