Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

rotor posted:

in the house??? don't be crazy

don't you want to unlock the attribute bonus from wearing 3 pieces of the combination set?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
loving protestants

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/DavidPepper/status/1246403231246401536

Neslepaks
Sep 3, 2003

my newest annoyance: the house gets filthy much much faster now that we're in it all the time. like every other day im supposed to vacuum? wth??

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
same except recycling bin

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Turns out someone in my building actually tested positive for corona. Apparently even our lower level management didn't know either until quite recently. Good thing i'm wfh. :thumbsup:

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

whole bunch of cops and a medical examiner truck out in the parking lot. thats probably not good.

welp back to forgitting to commit my sql transactions and locking the system

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

i was really incredulous of this because that seems like it must be some kind of artifact but then i saw this map and now i feel like it is probably accurate

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

welp back to forgitting to commit my sql transactions and locking the system

assuming this is postgres, because lol why would you use any other database, you can set idle_in_transaction_session_timeout (doesn't have to be global)

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

DELETE CASCADE posted:

assuming this is postgres, because lol why would you use any other database, you can set idle_in_transaction_session_timeout (doesn't have to be global)

shagger sql

we kill open and not processing transactions after 10 minutes now, only 20% due to my own imcompotence

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Achmed Jones posted:

hi im achmed jones and i work from home

i got two pairs of sweatpants for $7 from amazon and they're pretty great. i haven't owned sweatpants in a very, very long time, so this is uncharted territory

curious because we don’t have amazon here but is it like sweatshops how it’s like everyone knows the workers are as close to slave labour as you can get legally but it’s cheap so everyone also just looks the other way and buys in deep regardless

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

echinopsis posted:

curious because we don’t have amazon here but is it like sweatshops how it’s like everyone knows the workers are as close to slave labour as you can get legally but it’s cheap so everyone also just looks the other way and buys in deep regardless

yes, that's exactly it

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

amazon is pretty bad as far as how hard they work, and how they treat their warehouse employees; the rate they have to keep up to meet quota leads to ~10% injury rate each year for employees. that's more than double the industry average. they also have to wait off the clock to get patted down to make sure they didn't steal anything after their shift is over

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

in other news, i saw someone at the supermarket today in a full respirator suit. they finally had yeast too and i got basically everything on my shopping list, which was nice

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TerminalRaptor posted:

I really don't understand the shower in the morning thing even though most people do it. I like to feel clean when I crawl into bed at night.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
just got a speeding ticket

it was funny coz i knew the cop and we had a ten min catch up

also funny coz i don’t speed down that road
when he said 82 i was like you’re joking mate 2 ks over and u pull me over

today i learned the limit is 70 not 80 so actually have been speeding for the last couple years lmao

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Neslepaks posted:

my newest annoyance: the house gets filthy much much faster now that we're in it all the time. like every other day im supposed to vacuum? wth??

yeah I know it's ridiculous!

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

echinopsis posted:

just got a speeding ticket

it was funny coz i knew the cop and we had a ten min catch up

also funny coz i don’t speed down that road
when he said 82 i was like you’re joking mate 2 ks over and u pull me over

today i learned the limit is 70 not 80 so actually have been speeding for the last couple years lmao

lmao

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

dries out your skin

(i'm night shower for life)

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

dries out your skin

(i'm night shower for life)

i was nights only through college but i can't get my hair to lay down if i don't soak my head in the morning so i do a quick rinse before i head to work.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Midjack posted:

i was nights only through college but i can't get my hair to lay down if i don't soak my head in the morning so i do a quick rinse before i head to work.

Shave ur head

Become the hairless futurebeing you always wanted to be

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ambient oatmeal posted:

Shave ur head

Become the hairless futurebeing you always wanted to be

there are enough cheese dicks at work that do that already, i don’t need to join them.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Get really buff and do it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
sorry for the reddit post but i’m on my phone so can’t strip out the reddit poo poo but holy gently caress look at this

cans someone plz just post the gif or whatever

https://www.reddit.com/r/Wellthatsucks/comments/fvyi5h/us_weekly_initial_jobless_claims/

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

echinopsis posted:

sorry for the reddit post but i’m on my phone so can’t strip out the reddit poo poo but holy gently caress look at this

cans someone plz just post the gif or whatever

https://www.reddit.com/r/Wellthatsucks/comments/fvyi5h/us_weekly_initial_jobless_claims/

https://twitter.com/DorsaAmir/status/1246077693889851392

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I feel tired and like I don't even have the energy to lift my arms. I've actually been laying in bed for like an hour. I think I was able to nap for like 15 minutes but it doesn't seem to have helped.

I dont really want to do this anymore

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
an interesting insight to note when you’re tired is to think about what would happen if you took some methamphetamine. you’ll think to yourself, well I could get up and get anything I want done.

and the weird insight there is to note that all the energy you need to do whatever you want does exist in your body. it’s your brain that’s “holding you back”.

and then realise that it’s not holding you back as much as that it’s just that the brain doesn’t work quite like that, the energy to do this or that comes from support and love and motivation and purpose and also exercise and nutrition and sleep.

which is why one of the symptoms of depression is low energy. as a diabetic I used
to blame that on my metabolism but no it’s just my stupid fuckin brain

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
that is some serious woo. rethink this

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

echinopsis posted:

which is why one of the symptoms of depression is low energy. as a diabetic I used
to blame that on my metabolism but no it’s just my stupid fuckin brain

depression and diabetes (all 3 kinds!) actually all cause low energy, op. the cure is adequate sleep, exercise, and diet. take care of yourself, no one else will

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
that said, amphetamines rule

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I still have to drive to an empty rear end building because I’m one of the 2% of people here who can’t WFH. the stupid execs post WFH blog posts on the company site with pic of people wearing superhero costumes in webex meetings. it’s sucks, where’s my hazard pay dickheads.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

FCKGW posted:

I still have to drive to an empty rear end building because I’m one of the 2% of people here who can’t WFH. the stupid execs post WFH blog posts on the company site with pic of people wearing superhero costumes in webex meetings. it’s sucks, where’s my hazard pay dickheads.

i am 300% over the wacky greenscreen background thing at this point

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
i drove to my office on sunday to get my good keyboard and nobody was in there and the building isn't running the boiler so it was 58 degrees inside.

it was nice that the entire city was basically empty.

didn't even bother waiting at every red light.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
in corona going-crazy news

https://twitter.com/jonny290/status/1247409660904091649

pretty excited. they report that theyre still shipping within 2-3 days so it won't be that long.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

nobody needs more than 4 strings

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I’m paying $12.50 to have an $8 hammer delivered. loving lockdown.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

fart simpson posted:

nobody needs more than 4 strings

a lot of my stuff involves sampling it for drum and bass type poo poo and i need that low C

I had a 6 string with two active pickups and it was a complete loving nerd bass that i'd never be caught out in public with, but it was super good for studio poo poo. gave it away when we moved to CO and now i'm fiending for it

anyways if i like this company's 5 string i'm going to buy a 3/4 scale 4 string and put piccolo strings on it stanley clarke style. like a dumb rear end 4 string finger picked long scale guitar.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

apparently I have to go into the office to pick up a new Z book so some other pleb can use my 3 year old elite book. it’s like a 45 minute drive away and since it’s the lockdown and there’s no one driving on the roads at the moment expect methed out truckers I don’t have to deal with the usual regional New Zealand traffic, so it will only take me 40 minutes to get to the office :smugmrgw:

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

oh poo poo you guys are talking about musical....yawning...instruments and stuff yawning...I’ll leave you guys to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

oh poo poo you guys are talking about musical....yawning...instruments and stuff yawning...I’ll leave you guys to it

im just puking out posts dont run off. its about time to do the final evan williams shot of the evening and pass out to ds9 anyways.