Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

SolusLunes posted:

I guess if you're asking what I was doing this weekend the answer was "drinking, and trying to deal with one, possibly more disk failures on my home server"

spoiler alert: there were no disk failures, but one of my desktop drives is failing and I'm trying to clone it today so we'll see how that goes

poo poo I can't even screenshot it, sharex is installed onto that drive and it's unmounted for a disk check

To be fair I realized this sounded like "how dare you NOT PLAY MAFIA" and like I was interrogating you for your personal life decisions, which I didn't mean to.

I was just kind of asking if it was the category of "got busy" vs "forgot deadline/forgot was in game" vs "other game was busy" vs "didn't feel like it."

Why you weren't on specifically isn't my business, so I'm sorry if it sounded like I was pressing on that.

Also, computer issues suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

flerp posted:

hmmm yes well i guess my confusion is less what g means and more what no night action means, like am i tracker and gamer did nothing last night?

No night action presumably means you only have a day action.

Did you get a result from your day action yesterday? You used it on me.

If someone rolecopped you, we can translate what it means.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

spacing in vienna posted:

:eng99:

Read toal's role: Toal's day action was jailer.

Read my list from yesterday: Toal used their day action on YPM.

Therefore, YPM should have been jailed.

You're saying you submitted a day action, in thread, and a night action, and got back no response to one and a single letter to the other?

Okay that’s my fault for not tracing Toal’s role back to his day action. My bad.

But yes, I submitted my day action (acted on myself) and got nothing from Yami. I submitted a night action then, thinking I pretty much have to keep trying until I can figure this out and I got a result of a single letter. So.

Yeah.

Did some of you really get straightforward responses on your night action?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

:eng99:

Read toal's role: Toal's day action was jailer.

Read my list from yesterday: Toal used their day action on YPM.

Therefore, YPM should have been jailed.

You're saying you submitted a day action, in thread, and a night action, and got back no response to one and a single letter to the other?

He also rolecopped

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i also had no day action so maybe thats why im confused i just want cool stuff

forever vanilla :(

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I actioned flerp last night

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

flerp posted:

i also had no day action so maybe thats why im confused i just want cool stuff

forever vanilla :(

You got the same response for day?

If you're actually vanilla that's ... Really lovely for you and also hilarious (sorry)

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Also, Inf, without going into it, do you know anything about Amni’s role?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

You got the same response for day?

If you're actually vanilla that's ... Really lovely for you and also hilarious (sorry)

well i got red d1 (which from toal means no day action) and g n1 (which means no action) but maybe bee movie role blocked me

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

flerp posted:

well i got red d1 (which from toal means no day action) and g n1 (which means no action) but maybe bee movie role blocked me

You'd think an RB would have gotten you failure instead of no action.

Maybe you're a backup? Some people seem to have two parts to their roles, like once you're aware of it something changes. Maybe once you learn your role, you get one?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
who the hell knows (yami ig), i will just live my best life as vanilla and stare longingly as everyone uses their cool and fun abilities

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I received a “404” message. I’m guessing I was role blocked

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

flerp posted:

g = no action?? Where did you get that info?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
just let it go and we'll have someone rolecop flerp tomorrow

nothing can be gleamed from meta guessing imo

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
unless you think they're lying or something but we can figure that out with a rolecop

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Augh my brain is already melting and starting to forget all my actual cases, to make me just wanna vote for whoever is doing the least reading of important poo poo

Like binus, but I got a whole history of wanting to vote him whenever he gets something wrong, and him turning out to be town all along

Next up is Sandwolf, and then I remembered he spent a lot of yesterday going on about how super townie I look so ok maybe he's just sucking up and playing dumb now

##vote Sandwolf

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Sandwolf posted:

g = no action?? Where did you get that info?

dancer flip

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Bifauxnen posted:

Augh my brain is already melting and starting to forget all my actual cases, to make me just wanna vote for whoever is doing the least reading of important poo poo

Like binus, but I got a whole history of wanting to vote him whenever he gets something wrong, and him turning out to be town all along

Next up is Sandwolf, and then I remembered he spent a lot of yesterday going on about how super townie I look so ok maybe he's just sucking up and playing dumb now

##vote Sandwolf

ill pretend like i forgot instead of just not reading, but

what is the wolf case? i forget

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

flerp posted:

Well played flerp

Well played

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
thanks?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

No, you 66d steak. Everything is codified and weird. :arghfist: yami

it may not have been hum. idk what it means but heres what i know: i tried to rolecop sandwolf and recieved a result of "its a yami game" which probably means the action failed

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

flerp posted:

I don’t know if me and Bif are on the same page, but I want to murder Sand because I think he committed the nk. He claimed he rolecopped and took an action (which is impossible under our rules) and acted like he couldn’t because I was jailed, even though I took an action. Basically, he’s scum who screwed up his night action claim and is trying to act like he doesn’t know what’s going on.

##vote sand

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
@bif and ypm

why are you not saying what amni's day action is gonna do to bif?

he obviously has one, or he wouldnt be impotently trying to use it again

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
@siv

you arent considering the most obvious possibility about yom not being jailed. toalpaz died.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yeah whoever did the NK would have to be someone who "hosed up" with night actions. Unless a scumbro covered for them and handled their rolecop target and reported the results for them, but that'd just leave the other scum in the lurch instead.

Not having a rolecop to report isn't damning evidence on its own, cause town fucks up all the time. And most of the scum probably were rolecopping the first night to get their bearings. But one person still acted to kill last night, so one of the people who can't prove they were rolecopping instead is bound to be a scum.

Sandwolf is only sticking out to me cause not only is he playing real dumb about how anything works, he also did a lot of sucking up to me yesterday,which always makes me suspicious.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Steak posted:

@bif and ypm

why are you not saying what amni's day action is gonna do to bif?

he obviously has one, or he wouldnt be impotently trying to use it again

Cause we know what it is and we are not concerned.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Bifauxnen posted:

Cause we know what it is and we are not concerned.

I am so glad I got this role, btw. I *hope* yami gave it to me on purpose.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
@hum

whats your impression of my role? something that i'd probably realize what it does immediately if i use it, or something that'd probably just confuse me?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah whoever did the NK would have to be someone who "hosed up" with night actions. Unless a scumbro covered for them and handled their rolecop target and reported the results for them, but that'd just leave the other scum in the lurch instead.

Not having a rolecop to report isn't damning evidence on its own, cause town fucks up all the time. And most of the scum probably were rolecopping the first night to get their bearings. But one person still acted to kill last night, so one of the people who can't prove they were rolecopping instead is bound to be a scum.

Sandwolf is only sticking out to me cause not only is he playing real dumb about how anything works, he also did a lot of sucking up to me yesterday,which always makes me suspicious.

He also, and I stress this, claimed he took two actions last night which makes me think it was a botched fakeclaim

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Amnistar posted:

I am so glad I got this role, btw. I *hope* yami gave it to me on purpose.

Wait how do you know what it does?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Steak posted:

@hum

whats your impression of my role? something that i'd probably realize what it does immediately if i use it, or something that'd probably just confuse me?

Another thing that would be good for people to report, if they don't want to out the role but do trust the person they rolecopped... is to advise if your target should be using their action on towny people or scummy people.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Steak posted:

@hum

I’m starting to wonder if I got bus driven or something, now

Either way you wouldn’t realize what it does immediately

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Humalong posted:

Sssssh it's ok

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

Another thing that would be good for people to report, if they don't want to out the role but do trust the person they rolecopped... is to advise if your target should be using their action on towny people or scummy people.

IF I actually rolecopped Steak he should without a doubt be using his night action on towny people

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Mr. Humalong posted:

What I know of it is super alignment neutral, minimal impact on the game, and a ton of fun for me.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Your Personal Muse posted:

I don’t know if me and Bif are on the same page, but I want to murder Sand because I think he committed the nk. He claimed he rolecopped and took an action (which is impossible under our rules) and acted like he couldn’t because I was jailed, even though I took an action. Basically, he’s scum who screwed up his night action claim and is trying to act like he doesn’t know what’s going on.

##vote sand

this seems pretty clear-cut, BUT he could have always been roleblocked himself. cuz all he'd know is his action failed, and i can understand assuming it's cuz you were jailed.

idk about his weird claims of what he attempted, but since he ended up failing, it could be as simple as he misread the OP and thought he could do both at once, and since he was blocked, yami didnt bother to correct him.

also, im repeating that i targetted sandwolf with a rolecop and it failed, so there's a possibility he was legit jailed

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

Sssssh it's ok

:tinsley:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I thought Sandwolf was claiming to use a day action and then a night rolecop which all the smart people did

Is he claiming something different?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Sandwolf posted:

I rolecopped you and got nothing, someone pointed out you were jailed by Toalpaz, but I must have missed that?

I actioned someone but I literally didn’t even receive a “success/fail” so maybe I have a day action?

Bolded section suggests he took a night action and assumed it didn’t work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
y'know what would be funny, is if ypm and bif are scum together, and one of them did the nightkill while using their shared rolecop claims to mask it