Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

kittenmittons posted:

People have(had) positive opinions of michael rapaport?

He shits on Trump and his cronies a lot. Also backed players kneeling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1247146393451577344

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
*curb your enthusiasm theme plays*

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Nooo wtf you idiot

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

GET THE gently caress OUT OF MY HOUSE LARRY YOU PIECE OF poo poo!

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I mean dude's still onside with Seinfeld right? And a big Biden supporter. Not surprising.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

A Sometimes Food posted:

I mean dude's still onside with Seinfeld right? And a big Biden supporter. Not surprising.

He was all in for Pete before Biden.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Pirate Jet posted:

He was all in for Pete before Biden.

Well that's much better.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Holy poo poo Alyssa Milano is a huge piece of poo poo

https://twitter.com/Alyssa_Milano/status/1247242038682079232?s=19

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

She had a meltdown the other day posting over a dozen anti-Sanders articles and several of them were from right-wing rags.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Krankenstyle posted:

Nooo wtf you idiot

He did star in movie directed by Allen, so he was already okay with Woody.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Neoliberal celebrities are "progressive" right up until the point where somebody threatens to make them slightly less rich.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
If you’ve spent the last decade in front of a camera there is a nearly 100% chance your brain is tapioca and your politics are dogshit.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Every day I find some fresh horror that shows how out in the open some of this really is.

2reachmu posted:

Normally these types of videos are ironically hilarious
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqPiSin-3rg
But, if you think more critically, who is this video really made for?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

If you’ve spent the last decade in front of a camera there is a nearly 100% chance your brain is tapioca and your politics are dogshit.

Just remember, many of these people went straight from high school to celebrity stars. Johnny Depp is good at being a certain way on screen but from the in depth interview of him recently he is dumb as gently caress and seems barely literate.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

pentyne posted:

Just remember, many of these people went straight from high school to celebrity stars. Johnny Depp is good at being a certain way on screen but from the in depth interview of him recently he is dumb as gently caress and seems barely literate.

He drinks a case of wine a week.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

He drinks a case of wine a week.

There's a ton of smart drunks though. It's not like anyone would call Bukowski barely literate.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

It's extremely ugly to see how little Milano's principles are worth when it comes to propping up the corpse of Joe Biden.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

That was pretty well known, she's actively deterred any sort of MeToo mobilization targeting CAA clients, the firm where her husband works.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
#MeToo was always about being in control of the narrative, and it was always about making sure that the people who don’t continue to play ball are punished. If you are ever scratching your head going “ok it’s post #MeToo but that scumbag is still out there, like Woody Allen or like Jeff Goldblum, wtf?” it is because this is a mechanism of control that Hollywood elites can now use as kill switch on anyone’s career they choose. People like Kevin Spacey can literally be outed as pedofiles and lose their entire careers seemingly overnight and yet... face basically no consequences legally and just continue to farm residuals until the sun explodes, because he is continuing to play the game. Weinstein wanted to be king, he wanted to be in control, and the people who are really in charge served him up to die of Corona in prison (thank god)

These are the same people who who fully funded the expose on Catholic child molestation but then stonewalled the same filmmaker’s efforts to create a film about Hollywood peds. I’m fully aware how much tinfoil it sounds like I’m wearing on my head but can you honestly tell me it sounds crazier than anything else going on in Hollywood, like, for example, the church of Scientology?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Biden supporter, right?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I would say I'm disappointed, but I never really looked to Alyssa Milano, a slightly more successful version of Pamela Anderson, for moral guidance.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I don’t even remember what Alyssa Milano was famous for before “rapist superfan.”

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pirate Jet posted:

I don’t even remember what Alyssa Milano was famous for before “rapist superfan.”

Who's The Boss.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Rhyno posted:

Who's The Boss.

And then a second huge career boost with Charmed.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

thrawn527 posted:

And then a second huge career boost with Charmed.

And also cinematic blockbuster Poison Ivy 2.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Rhyno posted:

And also cinematic blockbuster Poison Ivy 2.

Well, sure, in the 90's she made a few poo poo softcore movies like that and Shadow of the Vampire. But she would have stayed an obscure child star if not for Charmed bringing her back into the limelight.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

thrawn527 posted:

Well, sure, in the 90's she made a few poo poo softcore movies like that and Shadow of the Vampire. But she would have stayed an obscure child star if not for Charmed bringing her back into the limelight.

Her stint on Melrose Place likely did that.

Why do I know so much about her career?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Charmed started in 1998 so it's not like she was on Melrose place for very long when it began. She'd kinda dropped off the map doing those lovely movies in the mid-90s and then the comeback came all at once in 1997/1998.

You can probably argue Charmed was a bigger deal for Shannen Doherty. No telling where she'd be without that show, she was really not doing well with her career at that point. 90210 ended for her in 1994, she did a few movies(Mallrats and....that's about it really) but for the most part 1994-1998 were pretty dire.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Basebf555 posted:

Charmed started in 1998 so it's not like she was on Melrose place for very long when it began. She'd kinda dropped off the map doing those lovely movies in the mid-90s and then the comeback came all at once in 1997/1998.

You can probably argue Charmed was a bigger deal for Shannen Doherty. No telling where she'd be without that show, she was really not doing well with her career at that point. 90210 ended for her in 1994, she did a few movies(Mallrats and....that's about it really) but for the most part 1994-1998 were pretty dire.

It's not like Doherty has done much since Charmed ended, though, either.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Bust Rodd posted:

#MeToo was always about being in control of the narrative, and it was always about making sure that the people who don’t continue to play ball are punished. If you are ever scratching your head going “ok it’s post #MeToo but that scumbag is still out there, like Woody Allen or like Jeff Goldblum, wtf?” it is because this is a mechanism of control that Hollywood elites can now use as kill switch on anyone’s career they choose. People like Kevin Spacey can literally be outed as pedofiles and lose their entire careers seemingly overnight and yet... face basically no consequences legally and just continue to farm residuals until the sun explodes, because he is continuing to play the game. Weinstein wanted to be king, he wanted to be in control, and the people who are really in charge served him up to die of Corona in prison (thank god)

These are the same people who who fully funded the expose on Catholic child molestation but then stonewalled the same filmmaker’s efforts to create a film about Hollywood peds. I’m fully aware how much tinfoil it sounds like I’m wearing on my head but can you honestly tell me it sounds crazier than anything else going on in Hollywood, like, for example, the church of Scientology?

I had similar feelings on this too where I personally feel like #metoo has warped into a weapon and lost a little of it's original meaning. To me this really isn't justice but an unspoken selection of offerings to replace people in certain positions.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

thrawn527 posted:

Yea but without that she might be in bad shape financially. With that sweet sweet Charmed money she can coast for the rest of her life.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Basebf555 posted:

Yea but without that she might be in bad shape financially. With that sweet sweet Charmed money she can coast for the rest of her life.

I mean, given how Hollywood works for men vs. women, cool, more power to her.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Doherty always had that 'hard to work with' label stuck to her. I wonder if any of that was true, or if it was just code for 'wouldn't blow the producer.'

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

She was always there to be a gatekeeper to keep #metoo within acceptable bounds. Protecting rapists like Biden is her job. At least seeing her called out on it is very cathartic.

PoontifexMacksimus fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Apr 7, 2020

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

thrawn527 posted:

I don't know how it works now with so many streaming services, but up until like 5 or 6 years ago, if you had one popular show that lasted for at least 100 episodes you could basically live off the syndication residuals.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

davidspackage posted:

Doherty always had that 'hard to work with' label stuck to her. I wonder if any of that was true, or if it was just code for 'wouldn't blow the producer.'

There's so many great actresses who just disappeared in their twenties where I used to think it was because they got 2 wrinkles so normal Hollywood sexism was gonna keep them out of work until they could play the mother of some hot young thing.

Now I realize it's because they wouldn't gently caress Harvey Weinstein.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Skwirl posted:

I don't know how it works now with so many streaming services, but up until like 5 or 6 years ago, if you had one popular show that lasted for at least 100 episodes you could basically live off the syndication residuals.

The general idea is/was that at the 100 episode mark it could be syndicated. Before the syndication point (selling re-run rights to TV stations), TV shows aren't profitable, but a single syndicated show pays dividends for itself and the budgets for all the things getting canceled every year.

The economics of Netflix are currently more mysterious.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Her role in Commando was outstanding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

She left after two seasons though.

Skwirl posted:

There's so many great actresses who just disappeared in their twenties where I used to think it was because they got 2 wrinkles so normal Hollywood sexism was gonna keep them out of work until they could play the mother of some hot young thing.

Now I realize it's because they wouldn't gently caress Harvey Weinstein.

Man, that really makes you think about how many actresses got the "hard to work with label."