Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
BC was playing patient dotes considering it was SA grand finals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zurreco posted:

BC was playing patient dotes considering it was SA grand finals.

Really the way to beat beast coast is just never let k1 farm but the problem is that his team is so drat good at making space by just attacking the rest of the map. Chris Luck especially is ridiculous. That Mirana out of nowhere today and then capping it off with his Slark was wonderful.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

Really the way to beat beast coast is just never let k1 farm but the problem is that his team is so drat good at making space by just attacking the rest of the map. Chris Luck especially is ridiculous. That Mirana out of nowhere today and then capping it off with his Slark was wonderful.

idk kinda feels like you beat beastcoast by winning lanes with a lineup that can actually push. bc loses lanes all the dang time but they get back into the game because the enemy team just isnt able to push objectives. theres a reason why beastcoast gets stomped every time they play against ta. stopping the carry from farming is a bit of an obvious thing that you have to do against any other dota team, its not really taking advantage of any specific weakness.

bc (and especially chris luck) is just a slightly worse version of og and their weaknesses are similar. chris luck specifically is like topson but with much weaker laning, even if he has all the post laning skill that topson has shown.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sampatrick posted:

idk kinda feels like you beat beastcoast by winning lanes with a lineup that can actually push. bc loses lanes all the dang time but they get back into the game because the enemy team just isnt able to push objectives. theres a reason why beastcoast gets stomped every time they play against ta. stopping the carry from farming is a bit of an obvious thing that you have to do against any other dota team, its not really taking advantage of any specific weakness.

bc (and especially chris luck) is just a slightly worse version of og and their weaknesses are similar. chris luck specifically is like topson but with much weaker laning, even if he has all the post laning skill that topson has shown.

I was actually considering drawing the OG comparison but didn't want to get way ahead of myself, lol

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

I was actually considering drawing the OG comparison but didn't want to get way ahead of myself, lol

its really funny to me that they so clearly are so heavily inspired by og and its not pointed out more often tbh

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Dota2 ESL OG vs Nigma.

Game one, first ban by OG meepo

lol

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

OG's players might change but their playstyle sure doesn't

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Dota2 ESL OG vs Nigma.

Game two, first ban by OG meepo

lol

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
33 owning as core Chen is amazing

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

poo poo I thought this series was later, did they reschedule or did I just badly miscalculate when it was supposed to be?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

poo poo I thought this series was later, did they reschedule or did I just badly miscalculate when it was supposed to be?

The previous series ended early

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

These have been some very OG OG games

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Andrast posted:

The previous series ended early

:argh:

well at least what I saw was hilarious and owned

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Andrast posted:

These have been some very OG OG games

Who'd a thunk a Lycan/Brewmaster meta would feature a run at you team.

Ceb and those splits. :chefkiss:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Oh this was with Sumail playing from the US too

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
I thought Ramses was standing in for NIP?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Zurreco posted:

I thought Ramses was standing in for NIP?

It probably took like one scrim with PPD for ramzes to go NOPE

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Core Dazzle time :getin:

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

lmao Nigma getting dismantled

edit; lmao the miracle dive onto lich

Looke fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Apr 6, 2020

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

this game owns

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lmao a level 25 SF with the Leveler is dirty

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
There's been some really good series in this ESL tournament. Aside from all the stomps, I mean.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
OG v B8 (dendi stack) next.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lmao this OG draft

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
Even OG stomps are fun because they pick off-meta or play heroes in off-meta lanes. It's great.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

Core Dazzle time :getin:

which game was this I'd like to see it

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Taffer posted:

which game was this I'd like to see it

Nigma/CL game 3

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
Now OG playing carry Wind Runner and support Ember Spirit with off-lane Tusk.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lol Dendi got over 1k from killing sumail

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
it feels like og doesnt give a gently caress, and sometimes that works out for them and sometimes it doesnt

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

OG are so fun to watch

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RAPIRA

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Honestly, NoTail and Ceb have already won Dota2 twice, so anything they do from this point is basically just for fun. It really shows in how they play, they have nothing prove and can just enjoy the game. This season/series is basically a NoTail victory lap.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Honestly, NoTail and Ceb have already won Dota2 twice, so anything they do from this point is basically just for fun. It really shows in how they play, they have nothing prove and can just enjoy the game. This season/series is basically a NoTail victory lap.

the crazy thing is that theyre still so insanely good. they so clearly dont give a gently caress but also so clearly are one of the best teams around. i wish they were playing with their actual roster.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
7.25c is out

Biggest notes are that Meepo and WK got nerfed hard

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

jesus that's a big hit to meepo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

did Cap lose a bet?