Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
Hey I did a remote game.

Takeaways from the remote game. JLU Amazo is annoying as gently caress. JLU Darkseid even moreso.

Hellfire club are super fun as long as you can actually hit. If you can’t they fold faster then Superman on laundry day. Donald Pierce isn’t afraid of no Darkseid regardless of rolls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "
Hey, I did a remote game.

Takeaways from said game: Common JLU Amazo is a ton of fun, particularly if most of your opponent's team has the same power traited.

JLU Darkseid's Omega Beams seem neat, until Sebastian Shaw just goes and sits on top of the marker. I don't want to punch you, Sebastian Shaw. Go away.

Hellfire Club are really tricky to play against; particularly the combination of Emma Frost requiring you to be within 6 squares to attack them, and Harry Leland screwing you over if you're within 4. The key seems to be to just always have your defense value be 1 higher than what they can roll to hit. That works like a charm!

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

We ended up doing 2 games as game 1 was ridiculous in that I made maybe 1 successful attack roll. Game 2 was much better, as I hit rolls and ended up winning a tough contest as Jean hit her stop click, burned everyone left at that point and then pulsed Darkseid for a KO.

Game 2 is where Shaw sat on the omega beam and dared Darkseid to punch him. Darkseid declined sadly.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

If anyone else wants to do a remote game let me know. I have every piece from Dark Phoenix back, no cap or JLU yet though, but I can always proxy if need be.

The remote game also taught me I was rusty as hell so it’ll be fun to keep playing here and there.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
So the Black Widow GF set is at Target, but even I’m not dumb enough to go looking for it in this hellworld.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Red posted:

So the Black Widow GF set is at Target, but even I’m not dumb enough to go looking for it in this hellworld.

The Facebook communities have convinced me that a few people I though were idiots absolutely are. Let’s rush out during a goddamn pandemic for toys you can’t even loving use right now because that’s what’s important

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

I mean, if you're there getting supplies anyway, you may as well. It's not like I shop for food at Target unless I'm already there and I'm in a hurry, but there's no reason not to multi-purpose something you're already doing. If not, though, yeah, those people are idiots.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Like I need some groceries this week and may swing by Target for them instead of Safeway for them (also my Safeway still doesn’t have self-checkout so that’s a mark in Target’s favor), but if they don’t have any I’m not checking another Target or coming back anytime soon. But honestly, I still have Dark Phoenix and Cap figures I’ve yet to use, having a display of Widow figures sitting largely unused for the entire summer doesn’t sound like a smart money play.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Sanschel posted:

Like I need some groceries this week and may swing by Target for them instead of Safeway for them (also my Safeway still doesn’t have self-checkout so that’s a mark in Target’s favor), but if they don’t have any I’m not checking another Target or coming back anytime soon. But honestly, I still have Dark Phoenix and Cap figures I’ve yet to use, having a display of Widow figures sitting largely unused for the entire summer doesn’t sound like a smart money play.

Do a virtual game with me! Play some poo poo stress free! I have so many dark Phoenix pieces I wanna play

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Morand posted:

Do a virtual game with me! Play some poo poo stress free! I have so many dark Phoenix pieces I wanna play

Quoting this again. Anyone want to do a skype or whatever game with me? Let's keep entertained!

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Andy decided to take me up on my offer for a virtual game.

It was 600 points of

Andy’s Monsters

Onslaught at lowest Value
Wendigo at 200
Archangel from regenesis
Immortal Hulk
Captain Venom at full

Vs

X-Men
Legion, Fractured Savant
Cable and 2 holograms
Beast with plus 2 perplex
Cyclops with JEAN trait
Jean with SCOTT trait
FF Jubilee
WKO Quicksilver
WKO Pixie
WKO Scarlet Witch
Colossal Iceman at 15

Played in the WWE performance center cause that’s the one easy to find map we both had.

Super fun game that went back and forth. Legion was the absolute MVP, his not in control power being very useful as long as you give choices that do the same thing. Like I want legion to hit your wendigo for 4 damage so you get to choose between psyblast and outwit. Got to pull off his ultimate too, but was a bit of a wet fart due to poor rolls. He was clutch in the last 2 KO's of immortal Hulk. Used his -1 to get RCE and Prob to hit Hulk to a his last click where Hulk could be KO'd by pixie. Hulk who by then had like 12 vengeance tokens as the X-men hit his friends alot charged and crit missed my last click legion to knock himself off his stop click. Legion asked Andy to choose between pulse wave or exploit. Andy chose pulse. Upped damage to 3 with his own perplex and attack up 2 via beast and that was it for Hulk

Amazing fun, great way to pass the time during the pandemic.

Morand fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Apr 27, 2020

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Glad you are getting some play time.

I got to play with my old LA judge for the first time in six years via Roll20. The maps were bare bones but workable.

I took the opportunity to play figures I don't own and ran a Lethal Legion team of

Ultron 150
Absorbing Man 100
Melter 50

First match against Superman Prime, Kyle Rayner and Huntress came down to two things - Ultron whiffing twice despite his 14 attack and my mistake of not MoE pushing when I had the chance to flurry on Prime. And bad positioning to allow him to kill Melter on his first turn. So three things.

Second match against an XRegenesis team of Wolverine, Beast, Rachel and Iceman came down to Ultron landing an opening EE shot to nerf Rachel and Bobby, then Encephalo MCing Iceman to walk right up to Creel so he could destroy him and Hank. Yay win!

Third match was against an Elders team of Astronomer, Runner, Champion, and Gardener with their gems. On the trains map. Melter finally got to attack someone and contribute some good Enhancement, allowing Ultron to nerf Astronomer and destroy Champion early, although not before he nearly killed Creel. He managed to finish the job on Creel then retreat back to elevated, and if I had 10 more seconds to actually finish the attack I had just declared, I would have KOd Astronomer and won the game, but apparently when the Zoom breakout room timer expires, that is a hard out on the game. Them's the breaks in PandemiClix!

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "
Seems like people are starting to get into the swing of playing 'Clix online.

I spent much of last week getting a Roll20 site set up for my local players. Uploaded images for about a dozen maps, as well as sculpts from JLU, Black Widow, and the Fantastic Four starter. Dials are still best-handled on Realms, but it's a great site for handling the tabletop stuff... maps, figures, action tokens, click numbers, and whatnot. In one or two ways, it's actually better than tabletop, since it's really easy to just do something like add a visible text note to Amazo listing which powers he has copied. I've done several test games with one other person, and they've gone rather well, once we got used to the system. I'm hoping to get a multi-player game or a small tournament going this week, in place of our usual in-person event.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Torrent posted:

Seems like people are starting to get into the swing of playing 'Clix online.

I spent much of last week getting a Roll20 site set up for my local players. Uploaded images for about a dozen maps, as well as sculpts from JLU, Black Widow, and the Fantastic Four starter. Dials are still best-handled on Realms, but it's a great site for handling the tabletop stuff... maps, figures, action tokens, click numbers, and whatnot. In one or two ways, it's actually better than tabletop, since it's really easy to just do something like add a visible text note to Amazo listing which powers he has copied. I've done several test games with one other person, and they've gone rather well, once we got used to the system. I'm hoping to get a multi-player game or a small tournament going this week, in place of our usual in-person event.

That is genuinely neat.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

How did you get the map images in? In my game, we just had white maps with colored squares indicating terrain locations from the real maps.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

CapnAndy posted:

That is genuinely neat.

Aw, thanks for saying so! All the uploads were time-consuming, but I think the end result is worth it.

Steve Vader posted:

How did you get the map images in? In my game, we just had white maps with colored squares indicating terrain locations from the real maps.

WizKids has some printable maps up, and the site to buy the neoprene RoC maps has high-enough quality images to work, too.
https://wizkids.com/heroclix/printable-maps/
https://gamermats.com/heroclix

Grab your images, and be sure to crop out any borders that they might have, otherwise the characters won't sit right in the squares. I uploaded them to Roll20 as characters (since I don't know how to upload as a map). Open them up, and drag the picture onto the grid, then stretch it out to be 16x24 (I drew a border on the map layer of the grid so that I don't have to count each time). Then right-click it and send it to the map layer.
Keep in mind that you need GM access to both stretch it out and set it as a map.

If anyone wants access to the table, to either play games or just fiddle around and see how things work, let me know and I'll PM you an invite.

Torrent fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Apr 28, 2020

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Uploading as a map is simple. You make sure you are on the map layer, and drag an image onto it

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I guess I just need a stockpile of map images then. Thank you!

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
I used to do a lot of roll 20 stuff, just not for hero clix, so if you have any issues just ask. Also once you upload an image into a campaign, it is saved to your library so you can just use the image browser on the side to pull it out without navigating to your PC stockpile. But I imagine you would just need one "campaign" for Hero Clix, just put maps on different pages and re use to your heart's content.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
So I don't play Heroclix but I did use to play MechWarrior and Horrorclix, 2 of Wizkids' other old games. I do really like the look of a lot of Heroclix figures, there's just a ton of neat sculpts. Does the Heroclix community have a website dedicated to just cataloguing all the figures with real nice pictures of them? HCrealms is more about the stats, and most stores only have small pictures. I just like looking at neat figures.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

So I don't play Heroclix but I did use to play MechWarrior and Horrorclix, 2 of Wizkids' other old games. I do really like the look of a lot of Heroclix figures, there's just a ton of neat sculpts. Does the Heroclix community have a website dedicated to just cataloguing all the figures with real nice pictures of them? HCrealms is more about the stats, and most stores only have small pictures. I just like looking at neat figures.

Yeah the realms is really the only place. The units section will often have an image of a sculpt if it doesn't then I don't know where to look.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

Morand posted:

Yeah the realms is really the only place. The units section will often have an image of a sculpt if it doesn't then I don't know where to look.

That's kinda crazy. MechWarrior has had Warrenborn for the last 12 years, and Horrorclix even still has a wiki. How does a game as big as Heroclix not have anything comparable? Maybe that's a fan project to work on.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

Pretty much all of the sculpts from the past few years are on the official site. Just go to the page for a set on the 'Products' drop-down, and scroll down a bit.

They're the renders for the digital sculpts, so they tend to look a little better than the real thing.

https://wizkids.com/heroclix/

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Who wants to take bets on my next virtual game?

It will be my Actolytes of

75 point Magneto from XDPS
Fabian Cortez
Colossus
Frenzy
Exodus at 75
Amelia Voight

VS

CAAV Spymaster
CAAV Roz Solomon
CAAV Blade at 50
CAAV Shield Agent
CAAV FF Winter Soldier
Widow Movie Widow on Bike
Widow movie 002 Yelena

I don't like my chances but hey place your non binding non legal bets

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Morand posted:

Who wants to take bets on my next virtual game?

It will be my Actolytes of

75 point Magneto from XDPS
Fabian Cortez
Colossus
Frenzy
Exodus at 75
Amelia Voight

VS

CAAV Spymaster
CAAV Roz Solomon
CAAV Blade at 50
CAAV Shield Agent
CAAV FF Winter Soldier
Widow Movie Widow on Bike
Widow movie 002 Yelena

I don't like my chances but hey place your non binding non legal bets

Ended up playing this game last night on Roll20. Due to utterly ridiculous obscene rolling and the Motorcycle widow running face first into a genoshan force field the actolytes were able to squeak a victory

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
roll20 is far superior to playing over video chat and calling all your moves like deranged chess, and that is all I have to say about that game.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "
I was chatting with CapnAndy the other day about potential solutions for getting dials onto Roll20, and he suggested using the 'custom card deck' option. I followed up on that today, and the results look promising!

You can set the cards for your force as your 'hand'...

...and then clicking on any of them brings up a full-sized version.

So no more having to click back and forth between multiple tabs to check Realms!

Plus, the potential to use the 'random deal' option for pseudo-sealed games is exciting, but that would require uploading cards for a whole set. Still, it opens up even more options.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Torrent posted:

I was chatting with CapnAndy the other day about potential solutions for getting dials onto Roll20, and he suggested using the 'custom card deck' option. I followed up on that today, and the results look promising!

You can set the cards for your force as your 'hand'...

...and then clicking on any of them brings up a full-sized version.

So no more having to click back and forth between multiple tabs to check Realms!

Plus, the potential to use the 'random deal' option for pseudo-sealed games is exciting, but that would require uploading cards for a whole set. Still, it opens up even more options.
That's not bad at all. What I did for my game with Morand was to add all the cards as Handouts, which roll20 expects to be tactile 'feelies' a GM gives to their players, like an in-character note or map or something. It worked very well; everyone could see all of them, which is a big help considering there's no good solution for displaying a figure's current dial at the moment, and clicking on them pops them out in their own window like clicking on cards does.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

You guys are going to end up making a HeroClix video game and sell it to Wizkids for a million bucks.

Please buy me a new avatar when you do.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Did another Roll20 game of Masters of Evil versus the JLU.

My MOE/tbolts all from the latest cap set
Ultron
Absorbing Man
Fixer
Baron Zemo at lower line
Moonstone
Melter
Songbird
Atlas
Trickshot

Versus JLU (all except Zatanna from JLU set)

Superman common
Batman Common
Wonder Woman common
Flash rare?
Stripe at lower line
Question
Supergirl
Atom
Zatanna
A bunch of team up cards

We played on a garden looking map with a bridge in the middle of it whose name I forget.

Ultron opened the game with an EE crit which just devestated a lot of the JLU. He ray’d Superman while everyone else held back. JLU was forced to move up, got hit with another non crit EE which hurt or KO’d most of his pieces without a reducer. The rest of the masters closed in and were knocking out leaguers left and right. When supergirl was the only heavy hitter left we called it.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

One more Roll20 game

Andy’s Stark Industries (all from CAAV)

Arno Stark
Shifting Iron Man
War Machine
Pepper Potts
Happy Hogan
Ironheart

Versus my Shield. All from cap except the doctor

Punisher War Machine
Sharon Carter
Steve Rodgers
Dr. Beverly Crusher
Nick Fury
Quake
Fixer

We played on the ancient hold.

First blood went to me as Punisher War Machine was able to hit the shifting Iron Man and the using Sharon’s extra perplex boost outwit and then KO IronHeart with his ability to attack for free. Nick jumped in front of him to outwit regen. Andy made the one mistake he’d make all game forgetting to make Arno Immobile and instead shifting Iron man to hit nick and war machine game up again to hit me to his stop click, Arno not being immobile meant he couldn’t outwit and shoot PWM. PWM got a token leadered off him with my Steve and Sharon super leadership team and he was able to outwit and Shoot war machine twice to Ko him. Beverly came down to try to hit nick. Quake started ranged quaking to take out iron man. Arno went immobile and hit PWM for big damage. He sidestepped next to Beverly, got healed to full and with boosts was able to RS and kill pepper, then outwit Arno’s defense and shoot him for a OHKO.

We did this just so I could see why the trading communities were going to utterly insane for PWM. He was very fun and very effective but I built a team to maximize his strengths and give him a sorely needed outwit. In regular 300 I think he’ll be the same, fun and very aggressive but too easy to KO.

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
My infinity challenge and hypertime clix seem laughably underpowered compared to the new stuff, back when the experienced batman with the bat-family team power was king.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Dpulex posted:

My infinity challenge and hypertime clix seem laughably underpowered compared to the new stuff, back when the experienced batman with the bat-family team power was king.
Yeah, that's because they are laughably underpowered compared to the new stuff. Power creep is a thing and also it took them a long time to really figure out how to make good dials.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Dpulex posted:

And then there was Deadshot... the poor man's Batman.

Of course both paled to the true OG - rookie Black Panther, top dial outwit at a bargain price of 27 points.

~MEMORIES~

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "
Oldschool Thanos from IG can still kick some rear end, particularly with something to grant him extra powers, like Exospex, and either the Gauntlet relic or resource. His raw numbers can still make for a harrowing battle. Granted, he's the exception rather than the rule, but he does serve to illustrate that the one advantage that ancient figures have over modern ones are starting attack values. Their stats will tank FAST, but clicks one and two can still put in work, and many of them have enough range to do so in relative safety.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Torrent posted:

Oldschool Thanos from IG can still kick some rear end, particularly with something to grant him extra powers, like Exospex, and either the Gauntlet relic or resource. His raw numbers can still make for a harrowing battle. Granted, he's the exception rather than the rule, but he does serve to illustrate that the one advantage that ancient figures have over modern ones are starting attack values. Their stats will tank FAST, but clicks one and two can still put in work, and many of them have enough range to do so in relative safety.

I play less official events and more gaming at friends' places, usually with the same group. One guy in the group still loves playing a lot of older stuff, and he still does just fine with some of them. Even though their stats are worse, they tend to have longer dials, and function well enough as tie-up pieces. Plus, if their defense depends on dice rolls (Imperv/SS/SC), and he's rolling well, they stick around for quite a while.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Torrent posted:

Some of them can also do some cheap damage, like V Shi from Indy. 47 points for Stealth and BCF is nothing to sneeze at, plus the Crusade TA is kind of neat too. I'm surprised they never reused it for anything else. All the Johnny Alphas are good TK units with solid tertiary attacking ability. The LE Superman (from when they started New Guy Night) from Collateral Damage with the Batman Ally TA can be a monster, especially with the Utility Belt with the Batman Cowl on it.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

I remember I used to have something like 15 Superman Robots. I loved playing them with the NGN Superman who started with Defend and the old rip it up feat card for all the objects to slam them in the face with.

~Memories~

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Morand posted:

I remember I used to have something like 15 Superman Robots. I loved playing them with the NGN Superman who started with Defend and the old rip it up feat card for all the objects to slam them in the face with.

~Memories~
oh god the flashbacks, why are you eternally like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I once illustrated the power of swarms to my friend by doing a 2000 point game with his big Avengers beatsticks vs every Hydra/AIM goon I had. My force was six rows deep. With the old Count Nefaria and his 10 range with Trick Shot in the back row. I think I turned him off the game entirely instead. I certainly felt gross about using Trick Shot ever again.

Also, FF set has arrived at my LGS. Tomorrow, I will finally have a new Ever Lovin Blue Eyed Thing at long last!