Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
FYI I have a DnD game during the deadline tomorrow, so my attention will be divided.

ALSO the deadline is tomorrow. So let's give more opinions before that~

Ernie, who is scum?

CPig, who is scum now that you're unsure on Amni?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Votecount for Day 2

Mikujin (2): xopods, Mr. Steak
Leith Maclaine (1): Token Female
Token Female (1): Leith Maclaine
Dick Bastardly (1): yuming
Amnistar (0): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
CapitalistPig (0): Amnistar, Amnistar
xopods (0): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak

Not Voting (6): Amnistar, CapitalistPig, Dick Bastardly, Ernie., Hal Incandenza, Mikujin

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 07th, 2020 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

yuming posted:

Why? You started the day voting xopods.
Since it doesn't seem like steak is around and I'm gonna go to sleep soon I will say I find this reversal suspicious.

I've had a town read on steak this game and this is the first thing to give me pause.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.

yuming posted:

Dearest town friends, what do you think of DB? :sparkles:

Pretty neutral read. He implied he knew information that would work with Cumin but hasn't given any details. He also said there is a grave robber out there so that is some intel.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Leith Maclaine posted:

Pretty neutral read. He implied he knew information that would work with Cumin but hasn't given any details. He also said there is a grave robber out there so that is some intel.

Getting kinda slammed at work, debating replacing out.

Cumin's power (spice cop as claimed) would work really well with grave robber imo

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I feel better about Hal still, their posting since my case has improved.

Don't know what to make of Cpig vs. Amni

I need to read everything all over again

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

yuming posted:

Since it doesn't seem like steak is around and I'm gonna go to sleep soon I will say I find this reversal suspicious.

I've had a town read on steak this game and this is the first thing to give me pause.

Steak needs to answer for himself but xooods certainly had some meaty posts in between so I don't know why it's that strange that someone would change their opinion

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

yuming posted:

FYI I have a DnD game during the deadline tomorrow, so my attention will be divided.

ALSO the deadline is tomorrow. So let's give more opinions before that~

Ernie, who is scum?

CPig, who is scum now that you're unsure on Amni?

I'm not sure.

I guess let me go back and read for a bit and see what I think.

I have time now, give me a little bit.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Okay I re read the day so far and skimmed day 1 a bit.

The only things really standing out to me are that Miku's play seems weird and low effort. (Which is kind of funny from me since I'm the low effort king)

Steak is also pinging me but I'm not sure why exactly since it's mostly just normal steakposting, gut I guess.

Db and Hal just seem like their normal selves and I always have a hard time reading them.

There's still something weird about the way amni is posting but again, I'm having a hard time seeing scum motivation for it. This may just be due to how hard he was tunneling me for something so minor.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Mr. Steak posted:

xopods, i completely trust you are town now.

yuming posted:

Why? You started the day voting xopods.

Yes, can you explain what that was about?

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

Steak needs to answer for himself but xooods certainly had some meaty posts in between so I don't know why it's that strange that someone would change their opinion

For me it's more the vote itself than the backing down from it, since he wasn't one of the people calling for my lunch at the end of D1. So it was out of the blue and then forgotten about just as quickly.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

xopods posted:

Yes, can you explain what that was about?

oh yeah. i changed my mind

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

xopods posted:

For me it's more the vote itself than the backing down from it, since he wasn't one of the people calling for my lunch at the end of D1. So it was out of the blue and then forgotten about just as quickly.

the vote was for focusing on sal, and also making some weird shade at me for seemingly no purpose

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Mr. Steak posted:

the vote was for focusing on sal, and also making some weird shade at me for seemingly no purpose

But now my throwing shade at you while voting Mikujin is more purposeful?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

xopods posted:

But now my throwing shade at you while voting Mikujin is more purposeful?

no, but i think you're town

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
Sorry team, I am being a bad player in this game. I overextended and this is the game suffering the most.

Gonna see if I can get some rereading done and come up with some scum ideas.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Leith Maclaine posted:

Interesting decision to build a case against a person who has provided the rest of town 2 spices with what they do from someone who has yet to name the spice that they say would give a town a vote.

This seems like a weird lash out. I'm depriving the town the name of a spice that would give town another vote. How dare I not tell the town, yet Leith alos posted this about the double vote?

Leith Maclaine posted:

It actually is a lot more powerful in the hands of scum. Also with grave robber, they could NK you and get it quickly. Probably a case it is better to stay a secret, although I would yell out if someone buys it.

Also

Leith Maclaine posted:

I can make the exact same arguments against Token Female that she has made against me.

I see one decent post building a case against CPIG and then joining the vote against Sal because no one else was close.

I at least explained why I was voting for Sal and asked him to give me a reason not to vote for him.

Leith, you are miss characterizing my point. My point is that you did not even comment on almost anything on day 1.

Let me post ANY passing reference your post history on Amni vs CPig:
Does not exist.

Let me post ANY passing reference your post history on Xopods vs ernie:
Does not exist.

The only reference to Xopods is this:

Leith Maclaine posted:

Moving to Sal to prevent no lunch with 20 minutes left. I am still on and also like the merk vote. If xopods gets in lunching range, I will consider him.
The comment itself is fine, but this is the only thing here.

Let me post ANY passing reference your post history on Yuming:

Leith Maclaine posted:

Yuming,

Who would you vote for? I've only played with you once but you had the scum nailed early on if i remember right. I know you had me nailed.
Seems like a buddy up. Yuming, you're so good. What do you think. But no comment on the case against her at any point.

Now to be fair, here is the Sal content you pride yourself for explaining

Leith Maclaine posted:

Sal,

Why are you so frustrated being at -3 at t-4? While I agree it sucks being the D1 lunch, this level of frustration seems like giving up when there is a lot of day left. Why not try and make a case against someone else? Give a defense against the case against against you. Give me a reason to not vote for you to prevent the no lunch.

Leith Maclaine posted:

For me,

Merk - Case stated
Sal - Frustrated and not answering
Amni - Slip case but Sal should be first

My issue is who does Leith think is scummy? Until I posted a case against Leith, my guess is no one? Maybe amni. The best case made prior to voting for me was exclusively ecco gambits without commenting on the majority of anything that happened. Leith is more active in terms of the number of posts compared with Merk and Mikujin but at the time the content was the same. White noise posting to look like an active participant, targeting people with similar content for their similar content. The case against me really seems like a "no u" case.

Also who does Leith find to be townie? I have no idea again. The best I've recently seen to indicate one way or another is a null-read on DB.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

yuming posted:

I'd lean scummy. I don't like his unvote of Hal. Specifically the first line of that post:

Dick Bastardly posted:

Ernie you would vote me even after my Hal case?

Hal has since scored some town points imo so ##unvote
I dislike the asking ernie why ernie would vote them after they made a case. Like that's a free pass.

DB's recent post with mostly null tells isn't great either. I would probably vote for DB

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Okay, awful app kicked me out so I lost my post.

Short recapped, steak pings me with their dayv1 activity.

I also like the leith case that was just posted.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Hal Incandenza posted:

The way he did it so flippantly is giving me a weird vibe.

The first game I played with steak he was scum and something about his tone today is reminding me more of that than his town game.

Off to another loving video meeting I am so over these. <:mad:>

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ok, sorry for being sort of checked out this game-day. so im not really making my own cases. but im reading thread, and very much agree with token female's leith case ##vote leith

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
You are making a mistake but RL has cropped up on me.

I have provided my fellow town players as much information as I have. I will be back about 6:00 eastern.

Leith

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Token Female posted:

I'd lean scummy. I don't like his unvote of Hal. Specifically the first line of that post:

I dislike the asking ernie why ernie would vote them after they made a case. Like that's a free pass.

DB's recent post with mostly null tells isn't great either. I would probably vote for DB

Yeah, I don't why he has twice stated that I am seeming pretty town, because frankly I don't think I have been especially useful this game.

I do like your Leith case, he's been pretty passive all game for sure

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Leith Maclaine posted:

You are making a mistake but RL has cropped up on me.

I have provided my fellow town players as much information as I have. I will be back about 6:00 eastern.

Leith

Props for signing a post though, that is always solid play

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Okay yeah, would rather steak now for sure.

##vote steak

I am not used to follower steak. I am reading this as scum steak.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I like steak for scum over Leith.

TF makes good points against him, but Leith's tone this game is reading more genuinely curious compare to last game which is why I've had a town read.

My preference is DB >> xopods >> steak

Why is DB scum? Because he isn't trying to find scum. He spent D1 on the sidelines and hasn't participated D2 except to say he needs to reread.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Mikujin posted:

Some of the interactions between cpig and steak feel kind of performative, too. I need to go back and re-read their D1 to see if it's consistent throughout, or if I'm conflating their early posting today.
Just following up on this: going back over D1 nothing pinged me on this like some earlier this day. I don't think there's as much to this as I might have thought when I wrote this.

Catching up.

Not a big fan of Leith's overreaction to an admittedly light casing from TF. I think the veracity in the response is disproportionate the to the points made, and this kind of "I'm town, shut it down" defense doesn't feel genuine. Perhaps even moreso that some of the counter-argument is "I've done more than you, see?"

[urlhttps://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3918471&perpage=40&pagenumber=14#post503912017]xopods' critique[/url] of a few players - myself included - are pretty reasonable. I'll concede that the criticism of me is fair: I could've done more to push merk given my insistence that he was scum, and yet I didn't. Hal drops in shortly thereafter to confirm that xopods' assessment that he's doing nothing but giving other players' posts the ol' :hmmyes: is just great to read in sequence: Hal embracing the suck.

I'm interested to see why steak does a complete 180 on xopods. He comes out swinging at the start of day 1 against xopods with a vote, but with little reason for it. In fact, looking back over his posting from D1, steak has had mostly cordial interactions with xopods - and there's been no follow-up on where any supposed suspicions come from. Doubling-back to take a look over xopods, there's a similar trend: a few brush-ins with steak that ultimately lead to nothing interesting said, but leaving us with the "Well there's something off about this guy but who knows maybe it's just how he rolls" sort of flavor. Bad mouth feel. So I double back. Turns out it's not the first time xopods has hedged on steak and opted to vote for someone else. Worth noting.

yuming posted:

I think DB is too quiet. Most of his posting is white noise, so we're not looking at him closely. It's a great way to fly under-the-radar. The real question is why don't you tell us what you think of DB before broadly inviting us to? This sort of post is a primer that lets you be flexible with your stance, and it gives me bad vibes. Which is regrettable, since I'd previously thought better of you.

@yuming - what do you think of DB?

While I can't fault xopods for being interested in steak's change of heart, it does feel like a bit of social distancing. The subsequent back and forth between them plays out with more friction than previous encounters, which supports this as well.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

I should've hit preview:

Mikujin posted:

@yuming - what do you think of DB?

yuming posted:

Why is DB scum? Because he isn't trying to find scum. He spent D1 on the sidelines and hasn't participated D2 except to say he needs to reread.
This is a reasonable stance on DB, I feel.

Oh, also,
##vote Steak

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Also noticed I botched a URL tag.

Mafia edit:

Mikujin posted:

xopods' critique of a few players - myself included - are pretty reasonable. I'll concede that the criticism of me is fair: I could've done more to push merk given my insistence that he was scum, and yet I didn't. Hal drops in shortly thereafter to confirm that xopods' assessment that he's doing nothing but giving other players' posts the ol' :hmmyes: is just great to read in sequence: Hal embracing the suck.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I already cased and I'm voting for DB!

I don't like that Mikujin made that whole big post but didn't notice.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I made the Nasi Lemak! I didn't know this was a Malaysian dish until I did some googling.

Yesterday, I made the pickles.

Unfortunately, there were tiny dead bugs all over my cauliflower that didn't wash off. So I tossed it.

At least all the vigorous washing inspired Korben and Ketchup to each take a bath!

Pickles, check!

Last night I made a coconut curry based off a recipe from one of my cookbooks.

And coconut rice using Alton Brown's oven method.

Adding the coconut milk really increased the cook time (almost double.) Probably because I didn't heat it first.

I just watched the side of the baking dish until the rice had absorbed all the water.

Finally, today I put it all together.

I was sad my grocery store didn't have tempeh. Which I usually buy at Target. I like tempeh 100x better than tofu.

Delicious! Quite a few steps. This is a dish I think I'd prefer to get at a restaurant! It was fun to make. Thanks, Bif.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

yuming posted:

I already cased and I'm voting for DB!

I don't like that Mikujin made that whole big post but didn't notice.

For what it's worth, this was your whole case on DB from earlier, and I was just hoping you had something more to say. DB has since made two short posts [to excuse himself further] so I felt your follow-up statement was reasonable.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Like everything else Mikujin said is reasonable and I really agree with the xopods/steak combination.

So eh, ultimately I am not suspicious of Miku it was just an odd thing to stick on.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Amnistar posted:

Okay yeah, would rather steak now for sure.

##vote steak

I am not used to follower steak. I am reading this as scum steak.
"follower steak" is a great way to put it.

For me, steak's town play is characterized with off-the-cuff theories and relatively strong convictions.

Now is a crucial point in D2 and he's very meh whatever after coming in after xopods D2 start.

It's the same tone read that I don't like about his ~xopods is def town~ post too.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yuming is hoarding those spice points!

However since she seems to be town hopefully that's a good thing

I'd probably be ok voting steak, it's hard to parse when he's playing different bit he does seem much more conservative compared to how he generally is in games

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I'm not as active as I should be, I concede. Hopefully I'll have the time here in a few hours to follow through on my reread and participate as best as I can.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
More excuses, I know :negative:

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Those posts could have easily been replaced with literally any opinion on anyone saying anything at any time

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i was getting ready to defend myself, but then checked the votes and there's only 2 on me? why do i feel like more people voted? lol

anyway, i should still defend myself. though i've been trying to shy away from talking about my personal meta, people are expressing suspicion of me based on how they remember me behaving, so i have to address it. so here's my response: differences in my playstyle generally stem from my real life mood and availability MUCH more than what my alignment is.

see:

-mythfia where i was scum and dominated discussions for the entire first two days with horrible really bad ideas that i was pushing with 100% conviction.

-dark hospital 3 where i was town and dominated discussions for two days vehemently getting 2 townies mislunched.

-campfire mafia 2 where i was town, survived until lylo, and pretty much had the same level of engagement as this game. ie: mostly drive-by posts with a smattering of longer opinionated posts and some vague reads. no real casing.

-everyone is cops, where i was scum and varied wildly between hardcore lurking and then suddenly coming in with effortposts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Mikujin posted:

Turns out it's not the first time xopods has hedged on steak and opted to vote for someone else. Worth noting.

What you see as "hedging" about Steak is genuine uncertainty. He seems scummy to me but part of my brain is telling me that this is just because of his flippant attitude. The only concretely scummy thing he's done is the out-of-nowhere vote on me to start D2.

There's also what Amni said early on nagging at me, that he's an "easy lunch." That kinda corroborates my own sense that maybe what's rubbing me wrong about him has more to do with his style than his motivations.