Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Is there any way to have the nav bar match colors at the bottom?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

LastInLine posted:

Well if it works for me and not for you, then you need to troubleshoot. Are you using an inbuilt theme and did you check to make sure the setting is on in the control panel of the forums and that the appropriate toggles are on in Settings > Posts?

I'm not using a theme and I did troubleshoot.

Bugs can happen to some people and not others.

Edit: the op highlights are working now but nothing for replies/quotes etc.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

So are you using the Default theme? Also do you have links to a page where it's happening? op and reply highlighting are done through CSS, quotes and name highlighting happen through javascript, so if you're getting op highlighting you should definitely be getting replies too. How long's it been happening?

I just noticed your custom title is uh very interesting :ohdear:

Ardlen posted:

you don't have that option but maybe later! It would have gone into beta but there were fixes that had to go out

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I uninstalled and reinstalled and that fixed the highlighting issue.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

As always I enjoy the update readme

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
Can we please have a setting to replace timg in quotes with img? Timg functionality is substantially deprecated, and I usually want to quote things at full size. Thanks!

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Vim Fuego posted:

Timg functionality is substantially deprecated

The gently caress?

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

Ardlen posted:

Immersive mode will at least hide the bar until you want to leave the app.

There's at least one Force Immersive Mode app out there to do the same for other apps without a built-in toggle

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

I've been using the app for years and it's been great, thanks for your hard work!

Recently, everytime I open the app it's been asking me to log in. Am I missing a setting or loving up in some way?

Edit: read the last page, I see what I need to do! Thanks again!

Olewithmilk fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Apr 5, 2020

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I installed the update and it is still logging out

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Is this a bug or do the colors on those threads mean something?

E: the colors go away if I restart the app by swiping it away in the task drawer thingy so I guess it is a bug. And I can reproduce on demand now.

Steps:
1. Go to CCCC
2. Go to SH/SC

Android 10, pixel 3 XL, April 5 security patch & February 1 Google play patch

Yaoi Gagarin fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Apr 7, 2020

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

There's some kind of known issue when you visit a subforum that the app uses a custom stylesheet for, BYOB seems particularly susceptible in my experience.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.
It's not happening here.

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Roger Baolong Thunder Dragon has been fascinated by this sophisticated and scientifically beautiful industry since childhood, and has shown his talent in the design and manufacture of watches.
Got the April Android update for my Pixel 4 XL, and the weird freeze issue went away :dance:

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

HappyCapybaraFamily posted:

Got the April Android update for my Pixel 4 XL, and the weird freeze issue went away :dance:

Can confirm.

Son of Sam-I-Am posted:

There's some kind of known issue when you visit a subforum that the app uses a custom stylesheet for, BYOB seems particularly susceptible in my experience.

Can also confirm, though it's YOSPOS that does it for me.

I gotta say I'm glad those drat freezes are gone.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
It seems to be fixed for me too (on a Pixel 3A). I can switch back and forth between Awful and other apps like a crazy person and it always reacts right away.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
April update fixed it for my 3A too, just as I was getting used to it

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

If it was the android update i wonder if something was fucky with Chrome-based interactions. Or maybe Google figured out RAM management (lol jk)

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Pixel 3 here, downloaded the apk update linked on the last page, and now it only has the few second freeze 2 out of 3 times when app switching, and the freeze is shorter.

Maybe I installed it wrong, if other pixel owners are saying it fixed it.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

The freeze had nothing to do with that and I got it via the store already so there is probably no reason manually install it anymore.

You should how ever check for a system update

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Sweet that worked! I am now reading posts at light speed.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Got logged out on my kindle just I'm time to notice the update propagated to Amazon's dumb old app store, so yay! Our cyberpunk future looks :krad:

e: will leave that typo in as a testament to the kindle 's phenomenally garbage swipe keyboard

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Hold up the Awful Android app works on Kindle??

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Depends on the Kindle. Not the e-ink variety afaik.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

smoobles posted:

Hold up the Awful Android app works on Kindle??

Oh yeah it's great. The only real jankiness is on Amazon's end with their weird slightly bastardized version of the OS.

E: yeah it works on Fires, I've ignored the other kind so long I usually forget they exist

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

-posted from my Fifty Shades of Grey fan fiction .epub storage device

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

vyst posted:

-posted from my Fifty Shades of Grey fan fiction .epub storage device

But enough about your laptop

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

I now keep getting logged out when I close the ap, is this some setting I missed somewhere?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

TheDon01 posted:

I now keep getting logged out when I close the ap, is this some setting I missed somewhere?

Update the app or grab the APK from just upthread

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

The app owns, and I wish I could use it more. Unfortunately, my connection can be very bad! So sometimes it is a matter of waiting for the bars/lte icon to appear, then refreshing the individual page I'd like to see.

Would it be possible to have a feature to pre-fetch or cache forward several pages?

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
Are something awful links not opening in app for anyone else?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

That would be a problem with your phone's settings, not the app.

fluppet
Feb 10, 2009
Is there a way to adjust timezone or are post times jsut stuck on utc?

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Roger Baolong Thunder Dragon has been fascinated by this sophisticated and scientifically beautiful industry since childhood, and has shown his talent in the design and manufacture of watches.

fluppet posted:

Is there a way to adjust timezone or are post times jsut stuck on utc?

I'm guessing you'll have to set that preference in your user control panel through a Web browser. My Awful app has been displaying post times in US Central since the beginning of time.

eta: Yup, user CP > Edit Options > Time offset (under Date & Time Options). I changed it to GMT, and the change reflected in my app after refreshing the page

HappyCapybaraFamily fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Apr 13, 2020

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.
Yeah the app is just scraping the same pages you would see on the site.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

After a colon the awful app should default to lowercase so that i can quote someone with a smilie faster.

Right now i hit quote, type ":", and the iphone makes the next character capitalized.

So i get :negative: and have to fix it :negative:

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Insert emotes with the emote inserter.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

I think you have the wrong thread.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Real hurthling! posted:

After a colon the awful app should default to lowercase so that i can quote someone with a smilie faster.

Right now i hit quote, type ":", and the iphone makes the next character capitalized.

So i get :negative: and have to fix it :negative:

Same. Every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

That would be an awesome change if doable but I always figured it was on your native keyboard at that level.