Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

And neither does he and I don't wanna tell him if he's scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Btw thank you for not invoking any JoBro Swear poo poo Inf, you know that is against the spirit of Mafia

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

It is nice to see you back acting more chilled out these days

I think Pod is right that you might be overdoing it a tad rn but you're new to this IK thing so it doesn't seem like a big drama to me

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

That's right fuckers it's AUSPOL TIME enjoy waking up to like 50 posts that are just me drunkposting at Inf cause he's the only one up rn

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

It is nice to see you back acting more chilled out these days

I think Pod is right that you might be overdoing it a tad rn but you're new to this IK thing so it doesn't seem like a big drama to me

It's less rules stuff and more telling people to just be aware of other peoples mental states atm, cause it is a very stressful time for everybody atm and mafia games are usually very heated.

I am trying to be much more chill since taking on the role.
Like I'm still gonna be an arsehat, but like.. not at anyones expense :v:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

That's right fuckers it's AUSPOL TIME enjoy waking up to like 50 posts that are just me drunkposting at Inf cause he's the only one up rn

But yes I've been playing games recently and it gets very dull at night because I don't have anyone to talk to as like The Singluar Aussie in games.

More Aussie representation in games would be great.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Infinitum posted:

But yes I've been playing games recently and it gets very dull at night because I don't have anyone to talk to as like The Singluar Aussie in games.

More Aussie representation in games would be great.

Seriously

Or more EU/UK cause they're waking up just when it's our evening and it sorta overlaps

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

You don't know about the quirk though!!!

Also on topic, is this a good or a bad quirk?

Cause I was hit by it yesterday. Should I be concerned?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Infinitum posted:

Also on topic, is this a good or a bad quirk?

Cause I was hit by it yesterday. Should I be concerned?

If Amni is town it is a good quirk

If he is scum it is a bad quirk

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ruh-roh raggy.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I sorta know what it does, and it doesn't appear to have done anything bad.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Now what we have everyone's claims for night actions, I think ETR's is the most inherently suspicious since it's a continuation of what he was doing on D1 really. It's effectively not contributing much of anything one way or the other. Claiming to have copped flerp is something that can seem fine on its own, but it's an easy thing to lie about when they've already claimed to have no day or night actions...

flerp posted:

i also had no day action so maybe thats why im confused i just want cool stuff

forever vanilla :(

And then when prompted for literally anything about the results, we got this lovely vague response:

Eat The Rich posted:

Unless I need to say more. His own guess isn't far off.

Which tells us pretty much nothing of substance and is easy to just say. After all, Dancer's flip was almost entirely a passive role that wouldn't exactly be much different from a vanilla role at first. Especially when on N1, Dancer would get presumably no results at all. Gonna ##vote ETR.

Sandwolf doesn't strike me as a bad second, since his over-the-top confusion over how to submit actions feels super forced. That he also missed that Dancer's flip explained his own claimed result strikes me as somewhat unlikely. Like, that's just a common sense thing; we're not getting straight results from our actions but the flips explain the codes, so surely you'd read them for that at least?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Bifauxnen posted:

Seriously

Or more EU/UK cause they're waking up just when it's our evening and it sorta overlaps

UK here, but I'm usually at work so I don't keep up with the thread much except when I'm bored.

Right now I'm just on hold on a call, so I've got maybe a minute or two to poke my head in.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sup Dragon!! I'm just glad someone else is up so I'm not only drunkposting at Infi lol

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I would be happy with Sandwolf for the potential double action slip.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Watchya drinkin Bif?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Infinitum posted:

Watchya drinkin Bif?

I finally signed up for that Naked Wines poo poo after getting those vouchers all the time

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Infinitum posted:

I would be happy with Sandwolf for the potential double action slip.

I don't think he actually slipped about that though

It's just the playing super dumb poo poo

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Bifauxnen posted:

Sup Dragon!! I'm just glad someone else is up so I'm not only drunkposting at Infi lol

Well, probably gonna end up getting a late lunch at this point. Not much of a surprise, really. Such is the joy of tech support I guess.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

I finally signed up for that Naked Wines poo poo after getting those vouchers all the time

##vote Bif

Sorry you've obviously been recruited into a cult.

Dragonatrix posted:

Well, probably gonna end up getting a late lunch at this point. Not much of a surprise, really. Such is the joy of tech support I guess.

Kinda wishing I was in the tech game atm so I could work remotely.

Kinda wishing I get stood down at work so I can retrain myself for 6 months as well.
'Essential' is a whole bunch of bullshit.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Aw.dont be like that c'mon if you're town just give us a good lumpenlist hey

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Infinitum posted:

##vote Bif

Sorry you've obviously been recruited into a cult.

Lol I sore off peragames though?!?!?!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mafia edit: swore off*

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Aw yeah who's top poster now Humalong QUALITY OVER QUANTITY

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Lol I sore off peragames though?!?!?!

Less that and more that you need to make sure you don't get recharged constantly for your membership, cause that stuff sounds like a scam.

Bifauxnen posted:

Aw.dont be like that c'mon if you're town just give us a good lumpenlist hey

I will probably do this later, but I don't have enough of a read on people atm other than like a handful of players and I want to keep that close to my chest for the moment until I have a better feel for the game.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Infinitum posted:

Less that and more that you need to make sure you don't get recharged constantly for your membership, cause that stuff sounds like a scam.

Yeah I know I saw that, honestly it sounds more like food connect in that they wanna lock you into a certain commitment per.month is all, except this wine poo poo is inherently more.bougie

quote:

I will probably do this later, but I don't have enough of a read on people atm other than like a handful of players and I want to keep that close to my chest for the moment until I have a better feel for the game.

I means Dragon not you but more lumpenlists can't hurt

Unless, y'know, they're totally forced and badgering people into reads they dont really believe but whatever as an opt-in it's fine

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I like to lumpenlist as a natural exention of presenting a large case against someone, so players know where I stand with the rest of that games players.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

spacing in vienna posted:

Also, ETR, I think you have a day roleblock.

Your day action on Steak succeeded, and his night action failed.

Eat The Rich posted:

Jst gonna #action amni

ETR, who do you think is scum, and why is it me?

##vote ETR]

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

flerp posted:

so you think because of this role confusion stuff that wolf cant be scum?

Yeah I can see it. It’s not that he can’t be scum but I would think that if he was scum his scum buddies would have helped him figure out how to correctly submit night actions.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Bifauxnen posted:

Gamer - I was feeling suss on Gamer D1 already but don't make me try and explain it it was really vague... Ok I'll prolly try and work on this once I'm done with the Lumpenlist tho. But today it seems like Gamer's so happy to have mechanics stuff to latch onto instead cause they're still not playing Mafia and I still think Gamer is scummy dammit

I keep saying to drop the mechanic stuff!!!

Infinitum posted:

Catching up.

Yes. It's non-harmful.

Sweet

##action Solus

F U coming into the game and actioning me :flame:

I did.

I actioned GotG and got a 'soon' result.

it's a night action chief

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Gamerofthegame posted:

it's a night action chief

:thejoke:

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
last time etr posted about being drunk, he was scum.

youre too predictable ##vote etr

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
(psa directed mainly at bif)

STOP INCLUDING YOURSELF ON LUMPENLISTS

thank you

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
note: i'm also side-eyeing bif right now because i **hate** when people go out of their way to remind everyone that they're town. hate, as in, it personally annoys me but it's also a manipulative scum tactic. whether theyre doing it consciously or not, its taking advantage of subconscious psychological poo poo that gives more credence to statements that you see repeated multiple times.

and bif has unnecessarily reminded us that she's scum like 5 times in the last page

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol typo.

reminded us that she's *town*

is what i meant

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Steak posted:

(psa directed mainly at bif)

STOP INCLUDING YOURSELF ON LUMPENLISTS

thank you

That is tradition!!!
(A good tradition I agree with, unlike the alliterative headers haha)

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

LumpenLists are awful.

ETR is probably scum for using his roleblock on the person with a tentatively good action.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

Aw yeah who's top poster now Humalong QUALITY OVER QUANTITY

I’m off work all day today, just give me some time to work my magic

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

##vote ETR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Steak posted:

note: i'm also side-eyeing bif right now because i **hate** when people go out of their way to remind everyone that they're town. hate, as in, it personally annoys me but it's also a manipulative scum tactic. whether theyre doing it consciously or not, its taking advantage of subconscious psychological poo poo that gives more credence to statements that you see repeated multiple times.

and bif has unnecessarily reminded us that she's scum like 5 times in the last page

A Freudian slip imo