Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Looking like Tokyo and Osaka are going into lockdown soon. Lots of places are shuttering. I came into work today and my boss was like "You aren't scheduled to be here until the 14th." So that's neat. Now I have time to take care of tax stuff and clean my apartment. Also cook. I'm thinking I should order a case of craft beer from a local store tonight.

You should. There's comfort in stockpiled cold ones

:kav:

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

I went out and stocked up. I am ready.

biosterous

canadians: appliacations are open for the CERB if you've missed at least 14 days of work since march 15th and aren't already on EI: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/benefits/apply-for-cerb-with-cra.html

i applied and will be getting government bux soon :woop:

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

xcheopis

Aaaand, my bosses mom tested positive for covid and pneumonia. Her mom lives with her, so the household is in quarantine. :c

alnilam

Stay safe everyone including xcheopis and xcheopis' boss and xcheopis' boss's mom

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

alnilam posted:

Stay safe everyone including xcheopis and xcheopis' boss and xcheopis' boss's mom

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Mummy Napkin

alnilam posted:

Goons Are Gifts

alnilam posted:

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

i hope all of your moms are staying safe from the virus

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
my mom asked me yesterday if i thought she should spray teflon on her mask (NO!)

so glad she asked me first! it was funny and sad. she is being real careful tho

alnilam

Teflon is very useful but is also some real nasty poo poo please do not spray an aerosolized teflon on your breathing apparatus hugh malone's mom!!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Slush Garbo posted:

my mom asked me yesterday if i thought she should spray teflon on her mask (NO!)

so glad she asked me first! it was funny and sad. she is being real careful tho

what advantage did she imagine it might confer? The virusballs wouldnt stick?

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

The actual best prophylactic against covid-19 is coating all your mucous membranes with teflon so the virus cant stick :smug:

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

xcheopis

Actually stress eating, which I don't generally do. Vanilla ice cream with blackberry preserves spooned over is still awesome.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

xcheopis posted:

Actually stress eating, which I don't generally do. Vanilla ice cream with blackberry preserves spooned over is still awesome.

:peanut: oh my :peanut:

Keep on keeping on!

weed cat

weed cat is back, and he loves to suck dick

:sueme:

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

The actual best prophylactic against covid-19 is coating all your mucous membranes with teflon so the virus cant stick :smug:

years ago a doctor recommended putting vaseline in my nose when air traveling due to all the airborne stuff that gets recycled in planes. put some on a q tip and coat the inside of my nose with it. not sure if that's been proven one way or another.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

weed cat posted:

years ago a doctor recommended putting vaseline in my nose when air traveling due to all the airborne stuff that gets recycled in planes. put some on a q tip and coat the inside of my nose with it. not sure if that's been proven one way or another.

you should meet my doctor

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Finger Prince

weed cat posted:

That's probably a matter of keeping your mucous membranes moist, because the air on airplanes is generally extremely dry. It's easier to catch colds and stuff if your mucous membranes dry out (which is why cold and flu season is usually in the winter when the air is very dry - either from the cold or the use of heating), because the pathogens don't get trapped in your snot and mucous and get a direct line to your more vulnerable bits. That's my layman's understanding of it anyway. (I don't know if Vaseline actually would help with that).

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

what advantage did she imagine it might confer? The virusballs wouldnt stick?

I don't know, she's old and scared. I shouldn't have brought it up in here.

In other news: I did my taxes, unemployment application, and my census too because gently caress it my orbs, when you start to party you may as well party hard!

(Stayed up late so the tx unemployment site would hopefully work. I only had to reload and re-enter whole pages of info like 5 times!)

Escape From Noise

Nah. I get it. I think we all do dumb things or consider doing them. Then in retrospect think "What the hell?"

biosterous

going grocery shopping today makes me want to yell PISSSSSSSSS really loud

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

biosterous posted:

going grocery shopping today makes me want to yell PISSSSSSSSS really loud

I'm at work and just solidarity hollered piss for you buddy

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Finger Prince posted:

That's probably a matter of keeping your mucous membranes moist, because the air on airplanes is generally extremely dry. It's easier to catch colds and stuff if your mucous membranes dry out (which is why cold and flu season is usually in the winter when the air is very dry - either from the cold or the use of heating), because the pathogens don't get trapped in your snot and mucous and get a direct line to your more vulnerable bits. That's my layman's understanding of it anyway. (I don't know if Vaseline actually would help with that).

Careful with stuff up your nose, if it's advice from the doctor great. People put drugs up their nose for a reason. Stuff gets into the body FAST up there.

So just be careful with other options, I know Vicks up the nose can be deadly (you are supposed to put it on your chest or neck and inhale the fumes)

Escape From Noise

The grocery stores here aren't completely picked over. Still plenty of veg, not much in the way of meat though. Which is funny because it's something I usually don't really buy but now being home have a few things I was thinking of. Ah well. No masks available but that's alright. Just hangin' tight.Kind of bored.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

xcheopis

The grocery stores here aren't completely picked over. Still plenty of veg, not much in the way of meat though. Which is funny because it's something I usually don't really buy but now being home have a few things I was thinking of. Ah well. No masks available but that's alright. Just hangin' tight.Kind of bored.

The store where I normally shop is now stocking shelf-stable cartons of tofu. They still have the fresh/refrigerated stuff, too, so it's not a complete changeover.

No black beans, though. :mad:

Escape From Noise

xcheopis posted:

The store where I normally shop is now stocking shelf-stable cartons of tofu. They still have the fresh/refrigerated stuff, too, so it's not a complete changeover.

No black beans, though. :mad:

I got black beans yesterday at the import store. I'd been looking around before but hard to find for different reasons. There's plenty of tofu here. I bought a mapo dofu kit thingy and I kind of need mince for that.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

google THIS

Stores near me are now implementing hard capacity limits, which I'm hearing is resulting in big lines outside so I don't know if it's really helping.

Also, a cardiologist who recently (like a month or so ago) treated my sister-in-law is now in the ICU and needed a plasma donor. Kind of a sobering reminder that the people on the front lines of this are only marginally, if at all, better protected than the rest of us.

xcheopis

I got black beans yesterday at the import store. I'd been looking around before but hard to find for different reasons. There's plenty of tofu here. I bought a mapo dofu kit thingy and I kind of need mince for that.
Yes, they've been a bit scarce over the past year. Ugh, now I have to see if there's a reason for that. At least there were still plenty of lentils and chickpeas about.

Things are getting bad when AskAManager uses "hellscape" in response to a question.

edit: Ah. https://www.producer.com/2019/12/mexican-bean-shortage-difficult-to-fill/

xcheopis fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Apr 7, 2020

With a gun for a lover and a shot for the pain inside

Manifisto

yesterday in NYC was not only a lovely day to be outside (even with mask/gloves), I actually managed to find some toilet paper and even a tiny bottle of hand sanitizer, hallelujah! it felt vaguely like winning some kind of lottery.

amazingly, shelves of stores I've been to are pretty well stocked except for a few discrete items (like the aforementioned tp and hand sanitizer). long waits in line to enter the stores, but once you're in it's remarkably relaxed because they limit the number of people inside at one time.

ty nesamdoom!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Manifisto posted:

yesterday in NYC was not only a lovely day to be outside (even with mask/gloves), I actually managed to find some toilet paper and even a tiny bottle of hand sanitizer, hallelujah! it felt vaguely like winning some kind of lottery.

amazingly, shelves of stores I've been to are pretty well stocked except for a few discrete items (like the aforementioned tp and hand sanitizer). long waits in line to enter the stores, but once you're in it's remarkably relaxed because they limit the number of people inside at one time.

I grew up in Yonkers, then moved to Dobbs Ferry, NY until I graduated HS in '83, then I became an Air Force refugee and bounced around a bit until I settled down here in Delaware

xcheopis

Stupid disaster service workers law!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

google THIS

FINALLY

https://www.wdtn.com/news/ohio-restaurants-can-now-sell-deliver-2-alcoholic-drinks-per-takeout-meal/

pixaal

sig by owlhawk911

pixaal

do you happen to know what normally goes in there?

sig by owlhawk911

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Yes hello I'd like to order one biscuit and two 40 oz. cups of whiskey thanks

Manifisto

pixaal posted:

jodie foster and her diabetic daughter?

ty nesamdoom!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

pixaal posted:

Nuh-uh. Sumpin' valuable, so maybe his favorite character's set of D&D dice?

pixaal

Slush Garbo posted:

Everybody! There's a pink moon tonight, brightest supermoon of 2020. I hope you can get outside to see it and don't have too much cloud cover!

Cross posting here because I wanted to mention the skies are very very clear due to lack of people doing things from the virus so this is probably a really great time to stargaze as you probably wont have a view this good again in your life unless you go someplace specifically to stargaze that is intentionally kept low on pollution for stargazing.

sig by owlhawk911

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Now if everyone would just shut off their lights...