Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Night10194 posted:

That said I am extremely down for a hammy, crazy viral superbeing who thinks they are using powerful magic because their brain is hopped up on virus.
Well, we've had a prettyboy who grew electric virus boobs and flesh-high heels, so as far as I'm concerned that works fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

His goal was to steal billions to found a private kingdom in africa where beauty would be the law. Morpheus was the most hilarious part of Dead Aim.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Gnoman posted:

The total lack of direct association between Chris and Claire has always baffled me. The only game they're both in is CV, and they have something like two or three minutes of shared screentime. Even a full RE2 or RE3 style "intersecting protagonists" approach would probably have been pretty solid.
Yeah, CV leaves something to be desired on that front. Like, I was gonna say that Rev2 is the game with the strongest overlap between the RE1 and RE2 cast, because you play as both Claire and Barry, and hell, there's even a Wesker! And then I realized CV actually has the actual Wesker and an actual RE1 playable character. Except in CV it's more like two RE1 characters crash a game to trash talk each other, instead of Chris and Claire having any meaningful interaction.

Night10194 posted:

Still really want a game about the not-spanish knights 'sealing' Las Plagas away in the first place some day. I'd love to see people from ages past trying to deal with this bullshit and a totally melee focused game with crazy castles and exploding heads would rule.
I mean, those knights could be using "hi-tech" weaponry too. Like, if you set the game in the early renaissance you could have gun maces and different types of hand grenades, and I suppose more standard weaponry like crossbows, on top of whatever melee weapons you thought appropriate.

Night10194 posted:

His goal was to steal billions to found a private kingdom in africa where beauty would be the law. Morpheus was the most hilarious part of Dead Aim.
Outer Heaven, but it's a nation of models.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I think Jill and Leon are the only two main characters who have never interacted in any way. Which is weird considering thier share love of sick stunts.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Vikar Jerome posted:

lol if you think witches and werewolves and hallucinations are not gonna get explained away by some new virus or mold.

village is the working title btw, might not be called that when it drops. or might it be something like the village, or VILLAGE:resident evil.

cant wait for Resident Evil CrucifIXion.

8residentevil like how we got 4residentevil

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Night10194 posted:

I like the dumbass biohorror a lot and I will only accept witches if they throw fire because of delicious, magical viruses and parasites. :colbert:

Still really want a game about the not-spanish knights 'sealing' Las Plagas away in the first place some day. I'd love to see people from ages past trying to deal with this bullshit and a totally melee focused game with crazy castles and exploding heads would rule.

I was thinking about that and it would be totally awesome. Especially as like, without super high tech science lab stuff for assholes to investigate and further use them, would the plagas/etc. stuff even get THAT out of control?

Also hell yeah I want to see Capcom's take on the arsenal for such a game starting with a regular crossbow and then finding mods for it to turn it into like the Code Veronica bowgun or something.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Apr 7, 2020

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I just want a game with a good excuse for sick halberd moves against crazy-rear end monsters.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
If they did do a plagas origin story it'd still feature Chris who is now so buff he punched a hole through time.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

For the people who've done speedruns of RE3Make, do you have any rough timing windows to aim for? Say, an hour to Carlos done at the RPD or such?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Neo Rasa posted:

I was thinking about that and it would be totally awesome. Especially as like, without super high tech science lab stuff for assholes to investigate and further use them, would the plagas/etc. stuff even get THAT out of control?
It's probably self-containing. You know how Toxoplasma makes people like cats more? Unmodified Plagas make people really, really like castles and death traps.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Neo Rasa posted:

Also hell yeah I want to see Capcom's take on the arsenal for such a game starting with a regular crossbow and then finding mods for it to turn it into like the Code Veronica bowgun or something.

Weird old alchemy labs where it turns out Plaga actually go loving buck wild for renaissance occultist practices seems about as solid as anything Luis could poo poo out over however long Los illuminados was operational.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
medieval or renaissance spain would own. i feel like if they keep that "weird dev" who finished up end of zoe and 8 fully funded, then we'll get there at some point, maybe spinoff? in 8 there's meant to be zombies in medieval armour with swords/halbreds and poo poo

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Apr 7, 2020

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

This is sounding more and more like an attempt to remake RE4 without actually remaking RE4 which is both good and maybe bad??

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

worst case scenario chris is an ethan who has a reason to be there, and has plenty of room for characterization and tie ins to other interesting stuff. i think he's fine.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Kibayasu posted:

This is sounding more and more like an attempt to remake RE4 without actually remaking RE4 which is both good and maybe bad??

well re7 kinda but not really remaking re1 worked out fine

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i only care about chris when he's beefy enough to punch out an el gigante.

That's Leon, Chris always needed like heavy machine guns and a ton of people to help when he fought El Gigantes. Leon did it with a knife and a dog. Chris only has show muscles, not gently caress muscles. If you want to move a boulder Chris is your guy. If you want someone to mount a 20 foot tall behemoth and slam it into goo, you call Leon.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Vikar Jerome posted:

medieval or renaissance spain would own. i feel like if they keep that "weird dev" who finished up end of zoe and 8 fully funded, then we'll get there at some point, maybe spinoff? in 8 there's meant to be zombies in medieval armour with swords/halbreds and poo poo

Kibayasu posted:

Some parts of RE4 had huge Tombs of the Blind Dead energy, if they do that and the RE Engine delivers on stuff like those dark shots of skeleton zombie templar knights riding on horseback? :hellyeah:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Mulva posted:

If you want someone to mount a 20 foot tall behemoth and slam it into goo, you call Leon.

:pervert:

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

but wait, Jake is the one that suplexes Ustanak

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Ustanak is a tiny baby monster for tiny babies. Leon is where it's at.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Just finished the game up:

"Average length" RE my rear end; this was short as gently caress. Also, where the hell is the Gatling Gun or the Lever Action Rifle from the original? Those weapons were awesome and you can't even unlock them?

This remake is raw buttcheeks, should have kept this in the oven for another year to flesh it out.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Aces High posted:

but wait, Jake is the one that suplexes Ustanak

And he can take that power twink energy to the clubs and really clean up. Leon was having bare shirt duels with a Tyrant when he was a decade younger than Jake is, and canonically Claire was going after loving Birkin when younger than that. Jake is a small baby that must be protected from future game appearances.

e: I mean I guess he can show up in a Rev 3 with Sheva or something. He wasn't bad, he was just in a bad game.

Mulva fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Apr 7, 2020

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Crowetron posted:

I think Jill and Leon are the only two main characters who have never interacted in any way. Which is weird considering thier share love of sick stunts.
I was gonna say that you couldn't have the two in the same region without every vehicle crashing, but I think maybe the troubles Jill have in RE3 are caused by the approaching Leon, since she has much more luck after he has left town - even a nuclear explosion isn't enough to crash that helicopter! A game where Jill and Leon are practically competing to do the most unreasonably death defying stunts could be interesting. As long as Jill rolls her eyes at Leon's one liners.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Those two must never meet. The continent they're on might not survive it.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Jake was awful. Give me Josh over him any day. Josh and Sheva, I liked them.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Josh THE LEGEND Stone will rise again. I know this in my heart to be the truth.

Kenzo
Jun 29, 2004

Tekseta!

NonzeroCircle posted:

If they did do a plagas origin story it'd still feature Chris who is now so buff he punched a hole through time.

I think you just figured out how to make a Dino Crisis tie in.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Re3 was definitely about 30% shorter than I would have liked and was overall not as good as RE2 but I still thought it was excellent for the most part.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Rikimaru posted:

I think you just figured out how to make a Dino Crisis tie in.

Gun Survivor 3 was already a Dino Crisis game so this wouldn't even be the first time.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

sigher posted:

Just finished the game up:

"Average length" RE my rear end; this was short as gently caress. Also, where the hell is the Gatling Gun or the Lever Action Rifle from the original? Those weapons were awesome and you can't even unlock them?

This remake is raw buttcheeks, should have kept this in the oven for another year to flesh it out.

i'm on hardcore and like, i'm about 41 mins off your clear time and i havent even got to the clock tower yet, so :shrug: (with less saves lol but probably more deaths because substation and rolling ball.)

everyone plays different i guess.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Vikar Jerome posted:

i'm on hardcore and like, i'm about to hit your clear time and i havent even got to the clock tower yet, so :shrug:

im sure that will comfort him and extend his play time

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

rabidsquid posted:

im sure that will comfort him and extend his play time

i agree, check your game, b route is now unlocked.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

His playthrough was shorter than average, but the median is still 5h and 40m.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Took me over 6 hours with a total play time of a little over 9. I feel like you really have to be rushing to finish it in 3.5 hours on your first playthrough.

danbo
Dec 29, 2010

Caidin posted:

Ugh, Chris. Give me literally any other member of the reoccurring cast.

People only want to play Resident Evil games that have Leon or Jill in them (and they are correct to do so).

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

itry posted:

His playthrough was shorter than average, but the median is still 5h and 40m.

nah, they changed it up for this game, clear times are different than actual play times and barely anyone has figured that out yet, hence all the confusion. clear times dont take reloads/cutscenes/deaths/menus/maps into account, its purely there for speedrunners hence the weirdly low times. theres a reason you get two different play counters on your screen but people still think its total due to re tradition i guess. so it took sigher almost 5 hours, which is still on the shorter/rushy side.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

danbo posted:

People only want to play Resident Evil games that have Leon or Jill in them (and they are correct to do so).

I am perfectly happy to play Claire or Barry.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

veni veni veni posted:

Took me over 6 hours with a total play time of a little over 9. I feel like you really have to be rushing to finish it in 3.5 hours on your first playthrough.

I mean, there's really nothing else to do, the game is super linear, there's almost no backtracking a total of 3 puzzles or something; it's just corridor after corridor. I also didn't play the demo so I didn't breeze through that part of the game with prior knowledge. I made sure to try and pick up every item so all maps were completely blue (some things I left behind though since I didn't have space and it was something useless like Gunpowder) though I don't believe I opened every safe or locker. I combed over the game pretty well to make sure I "experienced" it all but there's not much there to really experience. I feel like this game will be better for the speed running aspect, with the dodge, higher number of zombies and harder difficulty to deal with trying to go fast.

Do new items get added to the shop, and how does the game dole out points? It said something about "completing challenges" but I'm not sure what challenges it's talking about. Right now I only have 7400~ points or so and I'm not sure what to get that would be most beneficial for the next run (which I guess will be for Achievement Hunting) but I want to be able to farm up points and poo poo to unlock everything. I feel like getting the Lockpick and Bolt Cutter would speed things up, but getting more storage right off the cuff would also be good.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Vikar Jerome posted:

nah, they changed it up for this game, clear times are different than actual play times and barely anyone has figured that out yet, hence all the confusion. clear times dont take reloads/cutscenes/deaths/menus/maps into account, its purely there for speedrunners hence the weirdly low times. theres a reason you get two different play counters on your screen but people still think its total due to re tradition i guess. so it took sigher almost 5 hours, which is still on the shorter/rushy side.
That actually would explain a lot. I've seen a number of full first playthroughs around the place, Twitch and Youtube and such, and the actual video length tends to vary around six to eight hours-ish very consistently. The more people die in-game, the lower the clear time tends to be, which really makes sense if what happens is that they rarely save, die after searching around an area, and then do it much faster than normal the second time through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Cardiovorax posted:

Those two must never meet. The continent they're on might not survive it.
The game features several car crashes, but instead of Leon just being unlucky it's Jill doing it deliberately.

Cardiovorax posted:

That actually would explain a lot. I've seen a number of full first playthroughs around the place, Twitch and Youtube and such, and the actual video length tends to vary around six to eight hours-ish very consistently. The more people die in-game, the lower the clear time tends to be, which really makes sense if what happens is that they rarely save, die after searching around an area, and then do it much faster than normal the second time through.
At that point your first playthrough basically becomes a speedrun, even if not a highly refined one.