Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

https://twitter.com/a_place_n_time/status/1247632893855367176?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Henchman of Santa posted:

There are no remaining Garys under 35.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Skwirl posted:

I mean, it's a global pandemic and assuming that Gary isn't a teenager his dad is probably in the risk group where he shouldn't be going out at all. They should have let him use his dad's membership.

I don't know, he had this sense of entitlement and was talking down to the cashiers and yelling as if everyone isn't going through a rough time right now. He could have calmly explained the situation, but he decided to be an rear end in a top hat, which is why he's a Gary.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

That's an optical illusion, he's really 36.

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug

Like, at least he understands that free market capitalism is social darwinism, and darwinian principles necessarily mean people die, it's just the fact that its survival of the good enough not the fittest, that it applies to species not individuals, and that species who work together with themselves and others do the best in as much as any one of them is good enough to exist and has the right to do so that eludes him. Lame, dude

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

"Pedophile" has Greek roots, but -vore is a Latin root, so with the corresponding Latin root for ped- a pedovore should be a foot eater.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

lol out here in the rural parts there are kids and young men named Garrison; rarely Gareth though

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Knormal posted:

"Pedophile" has Greek roots, but -vore is a Latin root, so with the corresponding Latin root for ped- a pedovore should be a foot eater.

metal gear solid 3: foot eater

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

It's not "trendy" to hate Ayn Rand. Hating Ayn Rand has always been in style. It's the little black dress of takes, if you will.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

I need to do something about this man nicknamed "Kraken"

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

gary oak is 33 https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Gary_Oak

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

"Gary" is his slave name. His real name is Blue.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Madkal posted:

I need to do something about this man nicknamed "Kraken"

You can't say that, it's misogynistic.

Edit: never mind, misread

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/AlexanderDowner/status/1247498933842018305

The ratio

Like, when people were posting this poo poo weeks ago they were getting dragged, what makes you think it was going to be different for you, former foreign minister of Australia and all round Tory oval office?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/brghid/status/1247627779471884288

Dumbass trying to get Twitter popular accidentally gets caught tweeting to herself to create a fake conversation.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ouch. The sad thing is she’s a comedy writer and could’ve framed it as a bit rather than pretending it was a real thing.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/PSlock/status/1247723313700487169

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

*Clears ignorant male white throat*

I thought breeder is what straight people are called.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018

Memento posted:

https://twitter.com/AlexanderDowner/status/1247498933842018305

The ratio

Like, when people were posting this poo poo weeks ago they were getting dragged, what makes you think it was going to be different for you, former foreign minister of Australia and all round Tory oval office?

This is only a dilemma if you think society has positive value.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Mamkute posted:

And remember what Thatcher, who is their god-made-flesh, had to say about society.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

Mamkute posted:

don't be a gross we are the virus person

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

d3lness posted:

*Clears ignorant male white throat*

I thought breeder is what straight people are called.

Kind of. My understanding is that the term comes from angry queer people to refer derisively to the Reproductive Citizens Atomic Family model that they were so often told was the only right way to be. Then it got leaked Like the term "incel" to angry reddit types, who call themselves childfree. Whole thing revolves around yelling about crotch spawn ruining their adult my little pony movie viewings. Nowadays I'd assume the latter to be more likely use.

They also tend to get along well with the ecologically fascist sorts, who also get steaming mad about people having kids.

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

T-man posted:

Kind of. My understanding is that the term comes from angry queer people to refer derisively to the Reproductive Citizens Atomic Family model that they were so often told was the only right way to be. Then it got leaked Like the term "incel" to angry reddit types, who call themselves childfree. Whole thing revolves around yelling about crotch spawn ruining their adult my little pony movie viewings. Nowadays I'd assume the latter to be more likely use.

They also tend to get along well with the ecologically fascist sorts, who also get steaming mad about people having kids.

they predate reddit because i remember being 13 on livejournal and watching the trainwreck of the child free community there.

i think it was on there that i watched a fully grown woman have a meltdown that she didn’t win the costume contest at a harry potter launch party and a kid was picked over her, who “””deserved””” it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Splash Attack posted:

they predate reddit because i remember being 13 on livejournal and watching the trainwreck of the child free community there.

i think it was on there that i watched a fully grown woman have a meltdown that she didn’t win the costume contest at a harry potter launch party and a kid was picked over her, who “””deserved””” it.

Was it this?
https://www.reddit.com/r/copypasta/comments/3xqplh/childfree_harry_potter_rant/

quote:

RANT TIME

Harry Potter book release: don't worry, no spoilers.

Showed up at seven, in full costume for a nine am release. Devoted no? I was one of the few to dress up, and I was the best-dressed. I'm not being vain, I honestly had the most detailed and accurate costume there.

We were told in line, that the best-dressed person in line gets to open the box and have the first Half-Blood Prince book. So, I'm a shoo-in, aren't I?

WRONG.

loving moo brings her bratty sprog in at 8:59am dressed in a generic Kmart cape with stars and glitter and loving gaudy BLAH. Twig for a wand.

OMG WITTLE PWESHUS SO CUTE OMG YOU CAN OPEN THE BOX AND HAVE THIS BOOK YOU CAN'T READ AND fawning fawning, blatant breederism etc

THE loving KID WON'T EVEN REMEMBER THIS. THE BOX OPENING WAS MINE. MIIIIINE.

I wouldn't have minded if someone had said "Oh look Sass, you are best-dressed

but would you mind if this land-mine amputee opened the box instead?" I would

have said "Absolutely no problem. Go for it." But no. loving CROTCHDROPPING

GETS THE HONOUR. I'm furious. On principle of course, not out of any sense of entitlement. Well yes, entitlement also. But I WORKED FOR IT, I DESERVED IT.

I made an effort. I spent money making an effort. I showed up early. I will remember and treasure this event for ever and eternity. And I'm passed over for an ugly little brat with a sparkly tie. Woo loving woo.

I didn't stab her in the eye with my wand. I WANTED to. I talked about doing so

VERY loving LOUDLY. I was going to eviscerate her mother with the cover of my

brand-new copy.

I loving hate breeders and child-lovers. loving GO TO HELL.

I'm so pissed about this, sorry. It's just that in ten years time, this kid won't remember what she was doing on July 16th 2005. In ten years time, I will be remembering how I was deprived of this nerdly honor by an opportunistic twat breeder and her shitling. I'm hurt. All my life, nothing has gotten to me more than being deliberately ignored, or passed over. Honestly; that's the sort of thing that can make me cry in public. Or key your car. Or viciously murder you and your family in the heat of frustration and never-ending denial

Congratulations breeders, you win.

Edited to add: To all of you who are calling me immature etc, I'd like to add that you make a very good point, but have you considered GO gently caress YOURSELF? If you're so anal-retentive, go back to the other community and go on with your breeder-humping. Also, to the person who submitted this to fandom_wank, I seriously (no sarcasm) thank you. I've always wanted to be there!

I believe you about it being on livejournal first, this source is obviously a repost.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Splash Attack posted:

Seconding this because I remember the same. It was a big thing on some of the little queer forums from that time, and probably jumped over into the bigger sites like livejournal through fandom and the like. I wonder if there was a specific vector into modern social media sites. Was childfree crap ever a thing here?

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

I am friends with a number of people who are adjacent to or have been in childfree online groups, and they are predominantly women from immigrant or hyper-religious families who do not want to have kids, but have been told since they were young if they don't get married and--more importantly--have a (male) child they are worthless to their family, so they used them as a way to shitpost and de-stress.

Most of them have mellowed out a lot about it as they've become spinsters at 32 or whatever old age their parents have decided to give up hope they'll ever reproduce.

Ailumao has a new favorite as of 11:35 on Apr 8, 2020

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

T-man posted:

Kind of. My understanding is that the term comes from angry queer people to refer derisively to the Reproductive Citizens Atomic Family model that they were so often told was the only right way to be.

Breeder came long before queer people, it's how angry middle class white people referred to what they consider lower class trashy people who couldn't behave in public. People were slinging this term all over SA long before queers could openly post here. Don't blame this one on queer people

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

At the same time though, I think it's kinda a bad look for PopeHat to use twitter as a place to vent about his kids. Complaining about your kids/pets/things whose behavior is your responsibility seems like a bit of a self-own.

OhAreThey
Oct 12, 2012

I like your nurse's uniform, guy.

Data Graham posted:

At the same time though, I think it's kinda a bad look for PopeHat to use twitter as a place to vent about his kids. Complaining about your kids/pets/things whose behavior is your responsibility seems like a bit of a self-own.

Counterpoint: complaining about daily annoyances during a pandemic is a harmless way to vent and might make other parents who are frustrated with their kids (and feel guilty about that) feel less alone.

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Guilty posted:

Breeder came long before queer people, it's how angry middle class white people referred to what they consider lower class trashy people who couldn't behave in public. People were slinging this term all over SA long before queers could openly post here. Don't blame this one on queer people

I vote the LBGT community officially take the term. Right to bear arms and whatnot.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Data Graham posted:

complaining about your own children is one of the most cherished privileges of a parent

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Parents have and always will bitch non- stop about their kids and how hard being a parent is, but they Will also tell you it’s the best part of their lives. That’s just what parents do.

Basically, never trust a parent.

But yeah, in this online age I actually do feel parents need to think before posting things that are basically ‘my kids suck’. You shouldn’t say it straight to a kid’s face without maybe causing some issues down the line, so having them maybe read it without your context/tone probably isn’t the best thing.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

d3lness posted:

I vote the LBGT community officially take the term. Right to bear arms and whatnot.

Nah, me, and like 99% of the queer people I work with in the UK and Germany don't give a gently caress about straight people or care what they're doing with their lives. We have more important things to worry about in our lives.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Guilty posted:

"long before queer people"

what year were we invented?

Guilty
May 3, 2003

InediblePenguin posted:

long before queer people started using it, I thought that was clear from the context, but I guess you really had to stretch for that one didn't you?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

InediblePenguin posted:

When you think about it, evolutionary speaking, sexual reproduction could be considered the original queer if you go back far enough.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Guilty posted:

long before queer people started using it, I thought that was clear from the context, but I guess you really had to stretch for that one didn't you?

it wasn't clear to me from the context, but i'm admittedly stupid! still don't think whether we were allowed to be open about our queerness on SA or not has any relevance whatsoever to whether the term was used in queer culture before it made it to childfree forums (it was, it was used among queers at least as early as the 1970s, although it was surely also used among straights before that as well) but again, i'm admittedly stupid!

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

My kneejerk was to assume "breeder" was some derogatory term incels had cooked up appropriated from Nazis for women.

I hadn't really thought of the no-children crowd. Though that livejournal was some good poo poo. Only way it could be better was if it was MLP and not Harry Potter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Everyone knows that queerness was invented in 1748 by Kitten the Baronex von Pinkhair in zir castle laboratory back in the old country of Homoslavia.