Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
Hey, Where's Ernie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Ernie. posted:

i've been waiting for someone to make this post

i think this is the scum gambit in this game

i asked grandicap if i can anonymously donate points and he said yes, i'm guessing that scum can do that, too, to one another

total number of points for scum might be higher than their in-thread participation might show

and an easy play to make in this game is to stack points on scum, pin a missing night action on a town player who has the 'right' number of points

it's late and I'm not thinking straight. this isn't to say Hal is scum. I've just been waiting for this exact post. had a town read on hal so far for his care-free interactions with xopods/carefree and unprompted reads, but that's now neutral

will come back to it with a fresh brain tomorrow

Ernie seems to have disappeared after saying he would come back to this tomorrow (which was 2 RL days ago)

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

##unvote

My reads right now

Amni - Seems to be trying, interesting case against Cpig, probably a thunderdome with CPIG
CPig - counter to Amni, also trying to make a case, probably a thunderdome with amni
DB - Not much of anything, posted a I'm busy message, lurking
Ernie, nothing D2, lurking
Steak is being Steak, no clue as to town or scum
TF - Never played with them before so I should give them the benefit of the doubt. She did make as good as any case right now against me that I did overreact to because of RL stuff, probably town
Xopods - Working really hard to figure out the Amni/Cpig discussion, thinking town
Yuming - She is making cases and participating, thinking town
Hal - Not sure, Hal is good enough to completly confuse me. No read
Mikujin - actively making cases, thinking town
Leith - Town, of course

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I think it's funny how Leith gets a little pressure and is like "Hey everyone, look at Ernie!".

##vote leith

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I have a D&D game tonight, it will probably wrap by deadline, but if not deadline is rolling until I get back

And by back, I mean reading the thread again, I'll be at my computer because the game is remote, but I won't be watching the thread, I'll be throwing fireballs or somesuch

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Now it's merk's recipe for dinner! I made it into a salad because I could only find pita chips.

Last night I did the marinade.

I don't have a sous vide, so I tried to do something like this with the parchment paper and then pan cooked the chicken the rest of the way.

Tonight I chopped all the veggies.

Tada! Now I am very full of veggies.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
DB is a better pick than Leith because--

Dick Bastardly posted:

I feel better about Hal still, their posting since my case has improved.

Don't know what to make of Cpig vs. Amni

I need to read everything all over again

Dick Bastardly posted:

More excuses, I know :negative:
when asked back to the thread DB promises to come back (twice now) and hasn't posted anything.

Leith has put down some opinions. I also stand by my town-tone read on Leith.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I think TF could be scum for the following:

Token Female posted:

i.e. it reads like a townie/townie slap fight.

this reads like scum inside knowledge of who is town (to perhaps "score points" with town when these players flip inevitably)

Token Female posted:

Xopods, what do you think about my case on CPig?

paging scumbro perhaps?

Token Female posted:

I don't really think that Xopods is scum

oh...... ok..... (scumbrobs?)

Token Female posted:

I'd vote for Sal, or Merk to avoid no one getting enough votes. I don't have a strong feeling either way. I'd be more happy with CPig.

:thunk: two of these players flipped town, the other (cpig) doesn't strike me as particularly scummy imo

Token Female posted:

It doesn't look like there is the interest or the attendance for Xopods. Who else would you consider?

working to take pressure off of possible scumbro here

Token Female posted:

I don't think anything else is possible so...

##vote Sal

"oh dear me, there is nothing left to do but lunch this poor town who i know is town so nothing left oh well darn i guess"

that was the hammer post :rolleyes:

##vote Token Female

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Oh hi DB :sparkles:

I am gonna workout. I will be around but also playing DnD tonight.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

yuming posted:

Oh hi DB :sparkles:

I am gonna workout. I will be around but also playing DnD tonight.

Have your character do the same workout you do today irl and gain a temp ability score bonus!

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

I, too, have a D&D game tonight. Including one player who is a stranger I met on the internet. And now I'm wondering if that person happens to go by the name of Grandicap on SomethingAwful or if it's just coincidence that his game runs at the exact same time as mine.

Anyway, I'll be back in two hours to do my civic duty and make sure we kill someone. I still feel like Miku's the best of my reads but I'm willing to vote any of the people who were on my Scum list.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Dick Bastardly posted:

Have your character do the same workout you do today irl and gain a temp ability score bonus!
I did an arm work out. I hate arm workouts :sparkles:

DB's case doesn't really change my opinion. It reads to me like he picked someone to case and that is what he came up with.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Votecount for Day 2

Leith Maclaine (3): Token Female, Mr. Steak, CapitalistPig
Mr. Steak (2): Amnistar, Mikujin
Token Female (1): Leith Maclaine, Leith Maclaine, Dick Bastardly
Mikujin (1): xopods, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
Dick Bastardly (1): yuming
Amnistar (0): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
CapitalistPig (0): Amnistar, Amnistar
xopods (0): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak

Not Voting (3): Ernie., Hal Incandenza, Leith Maclaine

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 07th, 2020 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 55 minutes.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I think out of the current crop I like ##vote Mr Steak

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Yea if anyone was gonna vote DB by now they would have.

##vote steak

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Yeah okay. I guess I'm okay with steak.

##vote steak

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Dick Bastardly posted:

##vote Token Female

I don't know what to tell you other than I feel like Xopods and ernie are townie. Also yeah, there was like 10 minutes left. Sal was at -1 everyone else was at least five votes away. So, yeah. I hammered. What of it.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
Well this got steak to -1 quick.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Leith Maclaine posted:

Hey, Where's Ernie?

Grandi posted about a replacement in the main mafia thread. I'm guessing these are related.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Leith Maclaine posted:

##unvote

My reads right now

Amni - Seems to be trying, interesting case against Cpig, probably a thunderdome with CPIG
CPig - counter to Amni, also trying to make a case, probably a thunderdome with amni
DB - Not much of anything, posted a I'm busy message, lurking
Ernie, nothing D2, lurking
Steak is being Steak, no clue as to town or scum
TF - Never played with them before so I should give them the benefit of the doubt. She did make as good as any case right now against me that I did overreact to because of RL stuff, probably town
Xopods - Working really hard to figure out the Amni/Cpig discussion, thinking town
Yuming - She is making cases and participating, thinking town
Hal - Not sure, Hal is good enough to completly confuse me. No read
Mikujin - actively making cases, thinking town
Leith - Town, of course

I appreciate you giving your thoughts. It does seem like there is a lack of people that you find suspicious. Who do you think is scum?

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Wow, that was a quick shift. Reminds me of the bandwagon in cartoon mafia. Getting kids so answering tokens question in about 30.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

TF where is the town read on Ernie coming from

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Hal Incandenza posted:

TF where is the town read on Ernie coming from

I felt that his back and forth with Xopods seemed like two town arguing about semantics to each other. It's a weaker read than how I feel about Xopods though.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
Also if you are going to abbreviate my name please go with "Tokes" over TF.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
well, thats an apathy vote if ive ever seen one.

ive been lowkey suspicious of hal for a while but now he's the scummiest vote on me for sure

##vote hal

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
anyone care to articulate the case on me that isn't addressed in this post of mine?

Mr. Steak posted:

i was getting ready to defend myself, but then checked the votes and there's only 2 on me? why do i feel like more people voted? lol

anyway, i should still defend myself. though i've been trying to shy away from talking about my personal meta, people are expressing suspicion of me based on how they remember me behaving, so i have to address it. so here's my response: differences in my playstyle generally stem from my real life mood and availability MUCH more than what my alignment is.

see:

-mythfia where i was scum and dominated discussions for the entire first two days with horrible really bad ideas that i was pushing with 100% conviction.

-dark hospital 3 where i was town and dominated discussions for two days vehemently getting 2 townies mislunched.

-campfire mafia 2 where i was town, survived until lylo, and pretty much had the same level of engagement as this game. ie: mostly drive-by posts with a smattering of longer opinionated posts and some vague reads. no real casing.

-everyone is cops, where i was scum and varied wildly between hardcore lurking and then suddenly coming in with effortposts.

"he's weird just like always" is really drat lazy for a vote reason

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
@amni why specifically are you voting for me?

@yuming why specifically are you voting for me?

@hal why specifically are you voting for me?

@cpig why specifically are you voting for me?

@mikujin why specifically are you voting for me?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also "you did this weird thing" is *not* sufficient for an answer.

you need to explain why that weird thing is scummy behavior

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Mr. Steak posted:

also "you did this weird thing" is *not* sufficient for an answer.

you need to explain why that weird thing is scummy behavior

you did this weird thing

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if you're not just voting me because you think i'm an easy person to get lunched, you should unvote and vote for someone who you think is scum.

and townies, please, even if im hammered, make the voters explain themselves tomorrow!! there won't be a lot for them to grab onto to scramble together retroactive reasoning

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Mr. Steak posted:

anyone care to articulate the case on me that isn't addressed in this post of mine?

"he's weird just like always" is really drat lazy for a vote reason

I can tell you that it's difficult for me to read a mafia game that I'm not in or a part of in someway. I am very unlikely to read these threads closely to understand the context fully.

Personally, I can tell you that I didn't like your voting with Xopods with the reason that, "I find Xopods to be town, so I'm going to trust his reads and not think about it any further than that." Like it's okay to agree with people, but that's just a rubber stamp.

These three votes in ~10 minutes though. Seems quick.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
Votecount for Day 2

Mr. Steak (5): Amnistar, Mikujin, Hal Incandenza, yuming, CapitalistPig
Hal Incandenza (1): Mr. Steak
Leith Maclaine (1): Token Female, Mr. Steak, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, Mr. Steak
Token Female (1): Leith Maclaine, Leith Maclaine, Dick Bastardly
Mikujin (1): xopods, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
Amnistar (0): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
CapitalistPig (0): Amnistar, Amnistar
xopods (0): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
Dick Bastardly (0): yuming, yuming

Not Voting (2): Ernie., Leith Maclaine

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 07th, 2020 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 5 minutes.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Mr. Steak posted:

@amni why specifically are you voting for me?

@yuming why specifically are you voting for me?

@hal why specifically are you voting for me?

@cpig why specifically are you voting for me?

@mikujin why specifically are you voting for me?

You are following other people a lot which is not what I expect from you.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Actually given that reaction and the way some of those votes went down.

##unvote

something stinks.

And I think it's hal and yuming.

Hal , aside from thirdvote, has had some bad takes this game.

yuming just backing off of a case she's been pushing almost 2 hours before deadline to just jump on this vote seems , really bad tbh.

@everyone what do you think about these two votes specifically?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

Actually given that reaction and the way some of those votes went down.

##unvote

something stinks.

And I think it's hal and yuming.

Hal , aside from thirdvote, has had some bad takes this game.

yuming just backing off of a case she's been pushing almost 2 hours before deadline to just jump on this vote seems , really bad tbh.

@everyone what do you think about these two votes specifically?

if steak is town, yuming looks bad.

if steak is scum, hal looks bad.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Amnistar posted:

You are following other people a lot which is not what I expect from you.

ok.

what do you expect from me: town or scum?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Mr. Steak posted:

ok.

what do you expect from me: town or scum?

I expect scum. I feel like you are usually super active and driving the town. This lack of drive is a deviation from the play I expect, which makes me think you are scum.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sum total of cpig's suspicion of me:

CapitalistPig posted:

Steak is also pinging me but I'm not sure why exactly since it's mostly just normal steakposting, gut I guess.

CapitalistPig posted:

Yeah okay. I guess I'm okay with steak.

##vote steak

sum total of hal's suspicion of me:

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'd probably be ok voting steak, it's hard to parse when he's playing different bit he does seem much more conservative compared to how he generally is in games

Hal Incandenza posted:

I think out of the current crop I like ##vote Mr Steak

sum total of mikujin's suspicion of me (that he didnt later backpedal or subtly couch within shading xopods)

Mikujin posted:

Oh, also,
##vote Steak

yuming and amni have actually written decent posts about me, but whats with these 3 bandwagoners?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Amnistar posted:

I expect scum. I feel like you are usually super active and driving the town. This lack of drive is a deviation from the play I expect, which makes me think you are scum.

um?

no i meant was what is the expectation that i am currently betraying. do you normally see me as town.....?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I have been suspicious of steak since he switched on xopods.

DB doesn't seem viable, obviously I prefer to kill DB here.