Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/nibellion/status/1247625216345493505?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Uh yeah I'm officially mega-hyped.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Didnt Relyonhorror post that fake Silent Hills news?

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

SettingSun posted:

I guess the following is a hot take but I just don't see it. This game is incredibly polished and beams with love for the original. It's brisk but even on repeat plays I never felt rushed. It's the perfect length (the same as the original roughly). I strongly think that the game presented to us is awesome. A lot of people were just expecting more I guess?

I agree but I think an option minus the multiplayer should have been offered maybe a bit cheaper.

That being said I enjoyed both the original and this one. I just really hope they do merc dlc :jihad:

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

I can’t believe I’ve only just noticed that the current RE logo is the original (and all sequel PAL region covers) logo from the first game recoloured and squished slightly.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Man. Three Resident Evils in three years is a little much for me.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

If that's real I'd assume they are teasing that Chris either dies or is the antagonist.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

WaltherFeng posted:

Didnt Relyonhorror post that fake Silent Hills news?

That wasnt fake lol. The kojima one might have fell through but the japan studio reboot one looks like its going ahead.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Does anyone have a screencap of the relyon horror one? Website is dead for me? Need to check if its the same thing a reddit user posted that might be fake with real leaks mixed in.

Edit: got in, its not the reddit fake. This one looks legit.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Apr 7, 2020

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

punk rebel ecks posted:

Man. Three Resident Evils in three years is a little much for me.

We've had consistent resident evil releases since 1996, friend. Its actually rare we go more than a year or two without one.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Capcom bring back the Hook Man

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Mulva posted:

If that's real I'd assume they are teasing that Chris either dies or is the antagonist.

The alternative is that the Weskers used new Umbrella as a means to get Chris DNA, and this is the Alien Resurrection of the Resident Evil series. It'll appear as if it's hallucinations, but then nope, clones by Wesker. The game ends with Ethan punching a boulder to cause an avalanche, after which he falls unconscious until the snow melts. That's when Ethan looks into the puddle to reveal that he's in fact RE5 roided out Chris, but with Wesker's face and hair. Then he picks up the sunglasses. Roll credits.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Finished my first Nightmare run with an A rank (apparently the requirements for S get more stringent the further up you go in difficulty). Really difficult but I had fun. Some of the changes were hilarious - the gamma that jumps out at you after you climb down the ladder in the fuse maze just about ruined my attempt.

Good soup! posted:

Capcom bring back the Hook Man

He can stalk Ethan in Transylvania or wherever RE8 takes place

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Carlos with Brad's hair

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Man, the infinite assault rifle with two attack coins just melts everything, ever. Its so much fun! Just did an Assisted run in, like, 1 hour 10. Don't need to pick anything up that isn't key!

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

How hard or annoying is REmake on Steam? I know that Jill is the better character, you get 30 saves total on Normal, zombies revive if not burned, and some fucker shows up in New Game + wearing a suicide-vest.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Inspector Gesicht posted:

How hard or annoying is REmake on Steam? I know that Jill is the better character, you get 30 saves total on Normal, zombies revive if not burned, and some fucker shows up in New Game + wearing a suicide-vest.

Not at all?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
So game arrived today and is great about 90 minutes in. Gonna be bummed when the exploration element goes away like everyone is saying but it's nice to have the exploding barrels and effective head shots back. Keep forgetting I can dodge so working on that. I think I'm gonna dig it.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

REmake is not that hard if you know where to go, a lot of the crimson heads are in places you never have to go back again. its really more a game about routing than anything else

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

Inspector Gesicht posted:

If it's like the PS4 version, the first time you play you have 3 vague choices that determine game difficulty. It goes Very Easy, Easy and Normal.
Don't be me and pick the middle thinking it's normal, its not.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

RE7 spoilers incoming

So uh I beat the game and the Bakers don't make a ton of sense. Why exactly are they doing what they're doing? We were led to believe that the Bakers were creating monsters, but we find out they're just shroom people made by Eveline.

I know she's controlling them and they're her "family", but the actions of the Bakers don't make sense to me now. Is she making them eat entrails? what's with the "Testing Chamber" and "Dissection Room"?

Maybe I'm overthinking it. I haven't played the DLC yet. I really enjoyed RE7 but the last third? Half? is kinda lame compared to the first part.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The DLC makes the game make even less sense.

RE7 is just a badly written game even by Resident Evil standards.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

TheHoosier posted:

RE7 spoilers incoming

So uh I beat the game and the Bakers don't make a ton of sense. Why exactly are they doing what they're doing? We were led to believe that the Bakers were creating monsters, but we find out they're just shroom people made by Eveline.

I know she's controlling them and they're her "family", but the actions of the Bakers don't make sense to me now. Is she making them eat entrails? what's with the "Testing Chamber" and "Dissection Room"?

Maybe I'm overthinking it. I haven't played the DLC yet. I really enjoyed RE7 but the last third? Half? is kinda lame compared to the first part.

It's pretty baroque and the DLC makes it make less sense, but it's something like Mia and her partner are transporting Eveline under the radar by boat. Eveline breaks containment, infects Mia, kills her partner, and escapes into the bayou, where Jack Baker finds them.

Eveline was bred to be a bioweapon and has a fixation on creating a family for herself, so she infects the Bakers and uses them as ersatz "parents." Zoe never comes fully under her control, however, and Lucas--the "bad seed"--is approached by Eveline's handlers to quietly keep tabs on her. Meanwhile, Eveline is using Jack to abduct people from throughout the area to try to add to the "family," but most of them just end up as Molded.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

The slightly odd thing about re: resistance is that it's actually not that hard to get your crates.

The real grind is leveling up your individual favorite survivor/mastermind which is where the rp boosters come in play. Usually it's harder to get crates and get the equipment you want, but you'll be swimming in credits and basically unlock all equipment chests.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

pleased to report that I got gud

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Does anyone else have issues with certain textures (the floor, door and chairs in the Hospital) flickering like crazy?

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Ms Adequate posted:

pleased to report that I got gud

I can't beat the final boss :smith: I hammer the DODGE! button but nope, stun locked and dead. Gave up on the Inferno run for now and start a no item box run.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MH Knights posted:

I can't beat the final boss :smith: I hammer the DODGE! button but nope, stun locked and dead. Gave up on the Inferno run for now and start a no item box run.

You don't want to hammer it. The boss has intentional bits where it delays just long enough to wreck your day if you're mashing.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Basticle posted:

Carlos with Brad's hair

I look forward to the Hulkbuster DLC.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

ImpAtom posted:

You don't want to hammer it. The boss has intentional bits where it delays just long enough to wreck your day if you're mashing.

Yeah, this is why my Nightmare run ended in such misery, it took me a LONG time to learn his patterns and rude little delays.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

itry posted:

I tried to remove Resistance from my Steam account, but it wants to remove RE3 with it. So I just hid it. :(

Some time ago steam did some poo poo and now I got a million dumb things in my library, I gave up on trying to make that poo poo look nice a long time ago.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

This last boss is loving trash. Its the worse boss fight in the whole series. These remake boss fights just get worse and worse im almost ready to delete this poo poo.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Vikar Jerome posted:

This last boss is loving trash. Its the worse boss fight in the whole series. These remake boss fights just get worse and worse im almost ready to delete this poo poo.

But Phase 3 boss fight in REmake2.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I enjoyed all the boss battles in REmake2

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Its worse. His stupid design post clock tower is the single shittist thing theyve ever made in this entire series and yes ive played every single one. This game is made by misanthropes.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Just finished this on a 100% collectible, no item box, no healing run. Pretty fun, but I was disappointed at how little you interact with Nemesis other than the boss fights. I feel like Mr. X chased you way more.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

Good soup! posted:

I enjoyed all the boss battles in REmake2

They all just feel like ammo sinks, but I like the spectacle of them. When I started doing timed hardcore runs Phase 3 started loving me up routinely so now I kind of hate that one.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I enjoyed the last boss because it genuinely felt like the only boss really designed around the dodge mechanic which made you feel like a complete badass if you mastered it.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I liked all the boss fights! I can see them getting more annoying on harder difficulties, but they pretty much felt right on Hardcore. I was a little annoyed by the third fight, but a lot of that was due to me not realizing I had to shoot the lights on the canister Nemesis is on to stun him. The zombies coming in were also annoying, but they had basically no health so they weren't THAT bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Best method to gain points for the shop?