Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
Goddamn it.

##unvote
##vote mazzi chart czar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

##vote mazzi

If that's the only option.

super mario batali
Aug 1, 2013

Dice-a the Mushroom
Grimey Drawer
##vote mazzi

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

mazzi Chart Czar (5): Akarshi, super mario batali, super mario batali, Eat The Rich, Captain Splendid, Aggro, SirSamVimes
Akarshi (1): Captain Splendid, super mario batali, mazzi Chart Czar, super mario batali, mazzi Chart Czar, mazzi Chart Czar, Captain Splendid
SirSamVimes (0): mazzi Chart Czar, mazzi Chart Czar
Captain Splendid (0): SirSamVimes, Aggro, mazzi Chart Czar, Aggro, mazzi Chart Czar, Aggro, Aggro, SirSamVimes
Eat The Rich (0): mazzi Chart Czar, mazzi Chart Czar

Not Voting (1): super mario batali

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 07th, 2020 at 10 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

mazzi Chart Czar, Social Distancer (Vanilla Town), was executed Day 2.

It is now Night 2. Please submit your night actions (if you have them) to your discord channels.

All players met the 10 post threshold and no lurker kill will be available for day 3.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Another night passes and when you awake you find the now familiar sight of yellow police tape around super mario batali's house.

super mario batali, Gregarious Texter (Town Friendly Neighbor), was killed Night 2.

It is now Day 3.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (5): Aggro, Akarshi, Captain Splendid, Eat The Rich, SirSamVimes

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 10th, 2020 at 10 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 2 days, 8 hours.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
No real surpises for who got whacked.

I'm disappointed that mazzi turned out to be a civvy (sorry) and that we're now in the worst possible situation but I feel that yesterday the next most likely candidate to have been lynched would have been me, and you'd have been in precisely the same situation, except with even more suspicion on mazzi and a sure loss for the citizens.

I full expect to get given more heat today but I feel fairly confident now that either Aggro or Vimes are mafia. They were both very consistent in sticking with me all through yesterday (which makes them look good to a civilian) and only both jumped on mazzi at the last minute, pushing the lynch vote through with an extra vote. Given that, and also their experience, I would be amazed if they were both civilians.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
That basically means I have suspicions on all of you. It's really a coin toss on who I'd vote for, but I'm going to wait to hear from you all because if I start with the voting and get the wrong guy then the two mafia can jump in on it and it's game over.

super mario batali
Aug 1, 2013

Dice-a the Mushroom
Grimey Drawer
*spooky ghost voice* I will haunt youuuuu

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Re-evaluating my reads after Mazzi's flip....

By the end of the day, every vote was on Mazzi except for Mazzi's, which was on me. Looking at every vote after mine:

Super mario batali: Confirmed town. Unvoted and voted at the end of day.

Eat The Rich: After Batali's unvote, he's the second vote. He was lurky all day, but he and I were the only ones on the vote train who explicitly said in their vote that they thought Mazzi was scum (https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3918744&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=9#post503935940 ). Earlier in the day he produced a reads list, with Splendid, Mazzi, and Vimes as suspicions. He didn't push for either Splendid or Vimes later though. Possible distancing?

I have similar suspicions about the next three that I'll go into after I summarize their day 2 actions:

Captain Splendid: His vote for Mazzi was prompted after Batali's gentle push. (https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3918744&pagenumber=9#post503942039) It felt flippant for a pivotal third vote, especially considering that he did not have strong suspicions for Mazzi before. Earlier in the day he put out a reads list where I was his top scum suspect, without leans one way or another on anyone else. When the train started on him, he put his vote on me, but didn't push for me much later.

Aggro: Voted to avoid no lynch. Earlier in the day he was suspicious of Mazzi, but ultimately decided he was town and focused on Captain Splendid for the rest of the day.

SirSamVimes: Voted to avoid no lynch. Gave a read list early in the day with Splendid as top scum suspect and Mazzi as second scummiest, and voted for Splendid. He didn't focus as much on Splendid as Aggro did, revising his scum list with Mazzi being townier and Eat the Rich being scummier.

So it looks like we ended up in a situation where three out of the six votes on Mazzi were not convinced that Mazzi is scum, but none of them made a real full-throated effort to champion another suspect. Splendid had one primary post on me but didn't continue pushing. Aggro and Vimes only put their votes on to avoid no-lynch, but they didn't rally town to vote their main suspect, Splendid.

Scum would have known that Mazzi would flip town. I feel like they would want at least one member to put some effort into pushing another townie to appear good the next day, while secretly being fine with whichever townie gets voted.

At the moment, it looks like there has to be at least one scum in the Splendid, Aggro, and Vimes group, with my top suspicion being Splendid. Compared to Aggro and Vimes, Splendid seemed more ambivalent about who gets lynched, but given previous SA Mafia experience of Aggro and Vimes' part I can't discount their reluctance to switch their vote being a play. My top scumteam suspicion right now is Eat the Rich and Splendid, with day 2 strategy being, Eat the Rich stays under the radar yet provides momentum to the Mazzi vote, while Splendid takes credit for not really wanting to vote Mazzi.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

At this point, I am trying to look at everyone and trying to put everything into the context of being a scumpair.

My leading vote is Captain Splendid and Eat the Rich. Captain for all the reasons that I've posted before, and Eat the Rich because he has consistently posted with minimal effort and slipping under the radar.

Eat the Rich's only reasoning for voting mazzi yesterday:

Eat The Rich posted:

Although what you pointed out was something I was pretty suspicious of and would be willing to vote Mazzi today. I'm gonna wait til we get closer to the deadline tho.

Eat The Rich posted:

##vote Mazzi

I'm not convinced they're town.

Eat The Rich posted:

its nothing new really. their most recent posts are throwing suspicion at others while voting for someone different.

And that was it. Those were the only posts of substance in the entire day; the rest were just filler to avoid being lurker lynched. On day 1, he had a brief vote on mazzi before switch to astro hell, but nothing much else outside of the joke phase.

I don't think Akarshi is scum in spite of his aggressive push for mazzi. He has been very consistent in his arguments and has voted accordingly. I clearly had similar reasons for suspecting mazzi earlier in the day before changing my mind.

The wildcard for me is SirSamVines -- we've been thinking along the same lines fairly often, but there's not much to take away from yesterday's posts.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Assuming Vimes keeps on his usual tack, then at least one out of the three people who have me as their main suspicion (Vimes, Aggro, and Akarshi) is mafia, in descending order. If you're a civilian in that group and you think both others are safe, you're heading for a loss.

If I'm also Eat the Rich's main suspicion then both civilians should know they've hosed up.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Captain Splendid posted:

Assuming Vimes keeps on his usual tack, then at least one out of the three people who have me as their main suspicion (Vimes, Aggro, and Akarshi) is mafia, in descending order. If you're a civilian in that group and you think both others are safe, you're heading for a loss.

If I'm also Eat the Rich's main suspicion then both civilians should know they've hosed up.

Unless the three of us are town, and Eat the Rich buses you to try for the win on day 4?

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Aggro posted:

Unless the three of us are town, and Eat the Rich buses you to try for the win on day 4?

If I was unaware of my own role, that would be a vaild possibility but alas.

I can't really see either of you or Vimes changing tack at this point so you might as well vote now and get it over with.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Captain Splendid posted:

See, posts like this are why I'm sure you're scum. It looks helpful until you think about it, then you realise it's white noise.

If you were town, then mathematically if you list three other players there has to be at least one scum player among them because there's two only three townies left total.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

And rereading the big ol' effort post there, I see Akarshi did the same thing.

After Mazzi's flip, I may need to switch akarshi and eat the rich's positions on my scumlist but Captain Splendid is still my top pick.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

SirSamVimes posted:

See, posts like this are why I'm sure you're scum. It looks helpful until you think about it, then you realise it's white noise.

If you were town, then mathematically if you list three other players there has to be at least one scum player among them because there's two only three townies left total.

Precisely. From some quick mathematics there's a 1-in-3 chance that between you Aggro there's precisely one mafia and a 1-in-6 chance that you're both mafia. Therefore, there's a 50% chance that at least one of the two of you is mafia.

You're probably my highest suspicion after the last-minute events yesterday and I feel like you might have been laying in wait so that you could ensure yesterday's outcome without having to be a pivotal part getting to that point and exposing yourself. You have enough games under your belt to know how this works.

If you're a civilian, though, and you're certain of your suspicions, go ahead and place your vote.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Voting early is bad when there's only one more town than scum, because it allows for a scumrush to end the game.

Unless of course, you are scum because you're not going to get scumrushed.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Citizens are going to have to do extremely well until the end of the game to not eat poo poo, especially given how I'm the most likely voting option for 3 people so far.

The best I can hope for at this point is to get vindicated in death and watch my teammates realise how well they were played :v:

If you want to tell me about your rationale for deciding to the the fifth vote yesterday I'm willing to listen.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

That was me having a post open and not refreshing and seeing that hammer had already occurred.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Also, I'd love to hear from Eat the Rich seeing as they're the only one who hasn't checked in today.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

SirSamVimes posted:

Also, I'd love to hear from Eat the Rich seeing as they're the only one who hasn't checked in today.

It's been a day. I need to read this whole thing again because I have been so drat wrong about everything

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

So this game is basically dead. Almost 24 hours since the last post. I’ve read the thread a half dozen times, and my view summation hasn’t changed much but my conviction wavers the more I read.

If I had to rank scumpairs:

1. Captain and Eat the Rich
2. Captain and SirSam
3. SirSam and Eat the Rich
4. Captain and Akarshi
5. SirSam and Akarshi
6. Eat the Rich and Akarshi

In short, if Akarshi is scum, I have been thoroughly outplayed and deserve to lose.

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

I really wanted to wait for Eat the Rich to give his input since my scumteam framework at the moment hinges around him, but we now only have 24 hours left.

My leading scumteam framework features Eat the Rich in the role of under-the-radar scum, who on D2 provided the crucial momentum to Mazzi's vote. The other scum takes a more active position in town where they push another villager during the day D2 so that they'd look good on D3 after Mazzi's flip.

For me, my scumteams are ranked like so:

1. Splendid and Eat the Rich - On the whole, Splendid seems scummier than either Vimes or Aggro. What pings me especially was his flippant (and pivotal) third vote on Mazzi on Batali's request, given that he did not have strong suspicions on Mazzi before.
2. Vimes and Eat the Rich - Vimes has been consistently on Splendid starting D2, but is more taciturn and less aggressive than Aggro.
3. Aggro and Eat the Rich - On the whole Aggro seems to be more active than Vimes in asking questions and placing suspicions.
4. Vimes and Splendid - I don't think it's likely for scum to throw suspicion on their partner right out the gate D2, especially after a Tracker night kill and the remaining power role outed.
5. Aggro and Splendid - I think it's even less likely for scum to throw strong suspicion on their partner D1. Light suspicion perhaps, but Aggro had a large case.
6. Aggro and Vimes - I don't think scum would put their eggs in one basket by going after the same player for most of the game. I also feel like Aggro and Vimes 'appear similar' to each other, which seems an unlikely scum play. I don't doubt they're capable of it, but such a play doesn't seem right for a newbie game.

Aggro posted:

So this game is basically dead. Almost 24 hours since the last post. I’ve read the thread a half dozen times, and my view summation hasn’t changed much but my conviction wavers the more I read.

If I had to rank scumpairs:

1. Captain and Eat the Rich
2. Captain and SirSam
3. SirSam and Eat the Rich
4. Captain and Akarshi
5. SirSam and Akarshi
6. Eat the Rich and Akarshi

In short, if Akarshi is scum, I have been thoroughly outplayed and deserve to lose.

Curious - why do you think Captain and Vimes are more likely than Eat the Rich and Vimes? While I think the likeliest scumteam is Eat the Rich and Splendid due to Splendid's overall more suspicious actions, Eat the Rich and (Aggro, Vimes) would be my next picks because I think they make the most sense as a 'scumteam dynamic'.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The two scumpairs that I can really see are Captain Splendid and Eat the Rich or Captain Splendid and Akarshi.

When the day began I was leaning more towards Splendid/Akarshi because of how hard Akarshi was pushing the Mazzi (which seems like it would be a scumplay for the easy target with how erratically Mazzi was playing) but with Eat the Rich basically in hiding and still yet to give any opinions on Town's last chance to get a scum hanged I'm shifting back to a Splendid/Eat the Rich probable team.

If Aggro is scum, then that also falls into the "drat I've been outplayed and deserve to lose" category.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

We've got 24 hours left, and a no lynch is an automatic loss just like taking out the wrong person would be.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Well, we all have Captain as our first choice. Either we’re right and we get a chance to figure out day 4, or we’ve deservedly lost.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'm ready to take responsibility for my decision and see if I've been barking up the wrong tree all game.

##vote Captain Splendid

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Well, seeing as we haven't seen a scumrush to land the hammer, I can say with 100% certainty that Splendid is scum.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

sorry ive been doing a lot of drinking and sleeping.

After rereading a few more times, I don't have a better idea of who's suspicious or not. You're all suspicious as far as I'm concerned. Scum has played a good game here.

I support a Captain Splendid lunch and I agree with the notion that since there's been no scumrush, Splendid is likely scum.

##vote Captain Splendid

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Ughh, looking back again, I'm even more suspicious of Splendid.

Captain Splendid posted:

You're going to have to come up with a very good plan to not eat poo poo on day 3

This post is right after my big post about Mazzi being scum. It reeks of confidence that Mazzi is not scum and that I will definitely be 'eating poo poo' on Day 3.

As though realizing his slip, Splendid followed up with:

Captain Splendid posted:

With the very high probability that I go out, if batali sticks with his vote and I pick up a fourth either from Eat the Rich or a switch from Akarshi, it'll be impossible for at least one Mafia not to have voted for me.

I'm going to be exonerated on death so it's all good. Those who voted for me are going to be under increased scrutiny tomorrow so it might help to get your suspicions on paper now.

My instinct tells me that Akarshi is throwing mazzi under the bus in order to appear more trustworthy for day 3. I can't see mazzi surviving day 3 without being launched, especially if one of their votes sees me dead. If I were Mafia on the same team as mazzi I might be doing the same thing

For this, and other suspicions mentioned earlier

##vote Akarshi

I'm not expecting it to get them killed but we'll see if I'm right at the end.

I did consider voting for mazzi and may yet, especially considering batali's voting for him, but I'd rather hear some more discussion before changing and casting a potentially deciding vote

Suddenly, I am supposedly scumteam with Mazzi and bussing him. If that's the case, why would I be eating poo poo on Day 3? After all, Mazzi would have flipped scum! The first quote would only make sense if he knew that Mazzi is town. I also don't like how Splendid gives up agency in the last sentence to Batali.

We don't have much time left, so I'm going to go with my gut.

##vote Captain Splendid

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Splendid also talks a lot about how he is surely town

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Captain Splendid (3): SirSamVimes, Eat The Rich, Akarshi

Not Voting (2): Aggro, Captain Splendid

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 10th, 2020 at 10 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 22 hours, 26 minutes.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Captain Splendid, Social Distancer (Vanilla Town), was executed Day 3.

Aggro, Social Distancer (Vanilla Town), was killed Night 3.

Eat The Rich, Social Distancer (Vanilla Town), was endgamed Day 4.

The game has ended in a perfect scum victory!

Akarshi, Unrepentant Disease Vector (Mafia Rolecop), and SirSamVimes, PLAGUE BEARER (Mafia Goon) survived.

Thank you for playing!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Good game!

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Omg! Good game!

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
This was one of the more entertaining games I've had the pleasure of reading for a while

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Thoughts:

Scum played very well. Sam had prior experience which helped, but so did a few of the town members so I don't feel it was too unfair.

The coaches had varying degrees of success but overall I like the idea.

I think if I run another GBS game I would probably do a larger game (13-17 players) and have a few more power roles so conversation doesn't die out so quickly.

Thank you all again for playing, and if you'd like to continue playing don't be afraid to check out The Game Room. There are new mafia games posted every week or so. If anyone is interested I could be convinced to run another GBS game, although I probably wouldn't start signups until Sunday evening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Good game all!! Had a lot of fun and there were some parts that got my heart pumping lol