Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yes, she threatened to unbirth him

She was also enhydra lutris

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Avshalom is the site's best content producer, but periodically she produces naughty, wicked content to get herself banned again. we are friends.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Yeah but shitposting in the mental health thread is kinda hosed

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Spanish Manlove posted:

Yeah but shitposting in the mental health thread is kinda hosed

i never care when my friends do bad things, ever

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I just hope the quails are okay, tbh

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Nothing can destroy a quail. They're birds that have hats built right into them.

weed cat
Dec 23, 2010

weed cat is back, and he loves to suck dick

:sueme:

Charles posted:

In QCS she promised to behave.

QCS has its fingers in all kinds of forum drama

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
To her credit she *did* behave for a surprisingly long time, I just feel like it finally went to her head. "They won't perma me for this :smug: wait poo poo"

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I think my favorite Avshalom moment was still the point where a creepy guy posted about how he'd trace over EVE Online CG models to make things like Sexy Elsa:

Anagram of GINGER posted:

I love drawing. I'm just not the person who likes doodling on something for hours and hours when all I have to show for it is one drawing.

I want to improve very much, I didn't say otherwise. Improvement is very much a goal.

I started drawing when I was 8. I'm 32 now. I only recently (two years ago) decided to take art seriously. I've never been happier.

Here's an example of the efficiency I'm referring to. I spent easily 12 hours turning this image

into this image

I have other similar drawings. I could repeat that process and slave away on each and every frame, and it would look fantastic. But the duplication of effort bothered me. I would be drawing a character over and over, so instead of that, I decided to build the model myself, and texture it... so that producing an image with that character in the future was a matter of placing the scene and grabbing a render, then working over it in Corel Painter.

And after a couple of pages of people wtfing, Avshalom does her best to bring the discussion back on the rails:

Avshalom posted:

:rolleyes: Okay, let's get this thread back on-topic. Now we're talking about likeable vs. interesting characters, I just thought I'd run a few character designs for my comic relaunch past the thread. My designs in the past have been pretty flat and sameish, they didn't express the characters' background, culture or personality very well. I've been dabbling in a style that mixes photomanipulation with digital painting, so it's got that nice foundation of realism but with a veneer of artistry over the top. It's good because I've always had a tendency to get caught up in re-drawing and worrying about little details. This way I can get a comic out as soon as I've collected the photos. Anyway, here are the characters (all the photos are my own):

Lumina Brennan: The "leader" of the group. Headstrong, a little bossy, secretly insecure and worried about her appearance, but she hides that under a veneer of self-confidence as you can see from her straightforward no-nonsense flaunting of her body. Each of the characters has an elemental power and Lumina's is Light, so I tried to incorporate a rainbow element into her design to evoke the light spectrum without relying on cliches like blonde hair or literal glowing.

Plum Blossom Yang: The genius of the group. Her elemental power is Brain. She is a ninja who is very shy and submissive, but uses her meek appearance to get close enough to her victims to strike them with her neuro-hacking, with which she can take control of their bodies. However, she prefers to control her own body - she's an athlete as well as an intellectual and considers her perfect figure to be a symbol of her power and ability, so she displays it proudly whenever possible.

Mengelina Finn: The sassy girl. Her elemental power is Water. I made her a redhead as a bit of irony. She actually gets really upset when people point out how funny it is that a redhead is in control of water! Although Lumina tends to take control, Mengelina is the true leader who influences the others through snark and sarcastic remarks. Sometimes she can go a bit too far and cause offence, but she has a good heart and tends to be right about most things. She grew up on a secluded island living a subsistence hunter-gatherer lifestyle, so she never learnt to be ashamed of her body and she usually goes naked because it helps her swim faster.

Choo Choo: The alien. Choo Choo's elemental power is Fire. She's actually originally a tool of the invading aliens (the villains of the comic) and is a modified deathbot who was hacked by Plum Blossom and developed sentience and a personality. She's quiet but extremely powerful. She doesn't really understand humans yet, but the other girls are trying to teach her to fit in with human society and constantly reassure her that she's beautiful and desirable to boost her self-confidence, which leads to her slowly becoming more empowered and willing to display her body over the course of the comic.

Let me know what you think! I'm hoping to get the first few comics out as soon as I'm totally happy with the art style.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Nuns with Guns posted:

I think my favorite Avshalom moment was still the point where a creepy guy posted about how he'd trace over EVE Online CG models to make things like Sexy Elsa:

And after a couple of pages of people wtfing, Avshalom does her best to bring the discussion back on the rails:

:holymoley:

loving lmao

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Avashalom is a forums treasure.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Nuns with Guns posted:

lol. I forgot about that

Anyone who has ever banned Avs from this website takes the website too seriously, and by now that's probably the entire SA-staff. To be fair, it is hard to blame the SA-staff for taking SA too seriously, when the Secret Service takes SA too seriously, too.

pentyne posted:

Why are people even defending avshalom? I don't really know enough about her to judge.

She posts neat threads about animals sometimes, and does lighthearted silly stuff. Like, I can understand that people want stricter moderation in a mental health care thread, but is anyone really reelig at the horror of some fart jokes? Making her out to be some ghastly monster who messes with people struggling with mentall illness because she posts some fart jokes is stupid imo, and so is givng her a punishment that people get for dox poo poo, being actual irl rapists and pedophiles.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Antivehicular posted:

I just hope the quails are okay, tbh

Every time Avs gets banned I mourn for our quail updates :(

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

They shouldn't have released that pedophile cardinal and this never would have happened :argh:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Remember the front page stories about Dorroile, the Worst Guy, who spends his days clowning on the self-serious and stuffy populace, and no-one can figure out how to stop him?

Avs is like that.

(I don't know who Swimp, the bunny-soft cookiebear who lives in the moon would be in this scenario)

(Maybe it's you, gentle poster!)

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I nearly choked at the name Mengelina

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Grandmother of Five posted:

She posts neat threads about animals sometimes, and does lighthearted silly stuff. Like, I can understand that people want stricter moderation in a mental health care thread, but is anyone really reelig at the horror of some fart jokes? Making her out to be some ghastly monster who messes with people struggling with mentall illness because she posts some fart jokes is stupid imo, and so is givng her a punishment that people get for dox poo poo, being actual irl rapists and pedophiles.
That's not what she got perma'd for, and again you're conveniently leaving out the underage aspect of the fart fancition she would not stop posting.

Also we're not 'making her out to be' a drat thing, she *literally did* post in a stickied mental health thread, and it was apparently so egregious that a mod had to edit her post.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

That's not what she got perma'd for, and again you're conveniently leaving out the underage aspect of the fart fancition she would not stop posting.

Also we're not 'making her out to be' a drat thing, she *literally did* post in a stickied mental health thread, and it was apparently so egregious that a mod had to edit her post.

I didn't see it and I'm inclined to think that people are exaggerating, because Goons do that a lot.

If kids were sexualized, then sure, that's a zero tolerance perma, if it was fart jokes, then who gives a poo poo. Based on the bans of her that I've seen previously, I'm going with this one being dumb, too, because the handful of previous bans @ her that I've seen all have been idiotic.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Uh, yeah. It's weird we're retreading the whole "some people frequent threads/topics that have legitimate value to them, so don't poo poo them up" thing like Dec/Jan didn't happen.

Avs is certainly creative. I really miss Otterposts. But that wallop of probes+permas is a nice reminder that ability to be funny doesn't always supercede the forum rules.

If kids were sexualized, then sure, that's a zero tolerance perma, if it was fart jokes, then who gives a poo poo.
Ooh, here's a fun exercise: take your "yeah she posted in a mental health thread, whatever" post and change out the underlined part to different terms (like, say, PoC, Queer, etc), and see how long it takes to find a combination that's gross!

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Apr 8, 2020

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
This one isn't dumb. It involved fetish material involving underage children, you loving loon.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
If you're not willing to eat a perma or three for your posting art, are you really a poster or an artist

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Strange thing is her alt got permad but the account she used to post said underage fart fetish merely got banned.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
This isn't really the thread to litigate

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Poor avs, flew too close to the sun again. The chicken thread will miss her quail updates :(

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

I didn't see it and I'm inclined to think that people are exaggerating, because Goons do that a lot.

If kids were sexualized, then sure, that's a zero tolerance perma, if it was fart jokes, then who gives a poo poo. Based on the bans of her that I've seen previously, I'm going with this one being dumb, too, because the handful of previous bans @ her that I've seen all have been idiotic.

It was fairly loving heinous lol

Chelsea started laughing and which woke up Aunt Sarah and Chelsea joked,"you ripped a big one".She also went laughing.

Next morning..

Jack saw that today Aunt Chelsea had not awake. He went to the kitchen to drink some water. After sometime his Aunt came to kitchen releasing Sbds.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Dell_Zincht posted:

Strange thing is her alt got permad but the account she used to post said underage fart fetish merely got banned.

Its because of all the other things added on after the perma ban, since those overwrote the previous punishment. So when NYC banned the account it overwrote the permaban because the forums code is literally 2000 tech and dumb as gently caress.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
This isn't even avshalom's first ban for going on a fart fetish fiction posting spree. Hell, I guess last time was underage too now that I think about it. Is it still all from the same deviantart account of that one poor kid with the bio that says he's like 14 and likely has some mental health issues? I hope that kid turns out okay.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

ToxicFrog posted:

It's time for Corvidae, my favourite bird family!

Of the corvids, crows are probably my favourite. They're smart, they're everywhere, there's a family of them who like to hang out in the tree outside my house and scream at passing raptors. But crows also get all the press (along with ravens, aka "it's like a crow but 30% bigger and gloomier"), so instead I'm going to talk about one of the prettiest corvids: the blue jay! They're ubiquitous where I live and I usually see a few in my backyard every day.

In the summer they're pretty sleek

In the winter they get reaaaaaaal poofy, unless they migrate south -- fun fact, some blue jays migrate south and some don't! It doesn't seem to be regional, though, in any given area some will migrate and some will just stay there year-round.

They're omnivores, but they especially love peanuts. If you set up a peanut feeder and keep refilling it they will figure out not just where you live, but where in the building you tend to be at any given time of day, and, when it runs out, fly to that window to scream at you.

They also do whatever this is. Probably an argument over a peanut, or possibly an air traffic control failure.

My girlfriend got us Wingspan for christmas and we've been playing it a bunch, and my best game was the one where I got like three corvids and just went all-in on the corvid strategy. Hoarding corvids is a brutally effective strategy.

A lot of things about that game impress me, but probably the thing that impresses me the most is how good a job they've done making the mechanics of the various birds thematically related to their real-world behaviours.

I raised a blue jay from a baby once.
They are smart as gently caress. His cage was in my room and he would wake up before me, somehow open up his cage and then grab an empty food packet. He would then fly over to my bed and peck my toes with is beak and when i would stir he would shake the food packet at me and squawk to let me know it was food time.
I let him have free reign of my room, and he would sit on my wrist as I typed and would peck keys too.
He was climatized to the wild and released according to wildlife management.

Once I rehabbed a raven with a broken wing. I was in the fith grade and had just started reading Poe, So of course its name was Lenore. It was released back into the wild when the wing was healed.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Are any of the Goon Love Is The Best Love matchups still together? Or at least in contact

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Applesnots posted:

I raised a blue jay from a baby once.
They are smart as gently caress. His cage was in my room and he would wake up before me, somehow open up his cage and then grab an empty food packet. He would then fly over to my bed and peck my toes with is beak and when i would stir he would shake the food packet at me and squawk to let me know it was food time.
I let him have free reign of my room, and he would sit on my wrist as I typed and would peck keys too.
He was climatized to the wild and released according to wildlife management.

Once I rehabbed a raven with a broken wing. I was in the fith grade and had just started reading Poe, So of course its name was Lenore. It was released back into the wild when the wing was healed.

:unsmith:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

Are any of the Goon Love Is The Best Love matchups still together? Or at least in contact

Through their attorneys, sure.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Good lord, I had no idea so many posters had toxxed for Bernie.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Pastry of the Year posted:

:stare:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Pastry of the Year posted:

*long whistle*

*explosion sound*

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
And it's still going. They haven't gotten to me yet.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Lowtax is going to have a random windfall and have no idea why

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

It's been an honor

Also this is how I'm even finding out, I just woke up

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Maybe he won't even need to ask this time :unsmith:

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

So they're at about 3 and 3/4 full pages in the leper's colony, obviously some of us haven't been hit yet. I really hope mine goes through before I go into work. I've never been banned before, so want to be able to have access to my computer to re-up from.

Also reading some of the posts in the toxx thread, we are in an extremely different situation than when most people toxxed. I'm wondering how many people can afford to drop the :10bux: to come back right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
C-SPAM is going to be pretty quiet for a while.