Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

MREBoy posted:

Blame me then, I had it in my head it was 2 weeks ban and they cut people loose a week early to save face or appeasement or something.

it's a one week ban, 2 weeks rollback

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I don’t know if it’s me having a bad day, but the enemies seem twitchier today. Did they modify enemy behavior in the patch today ?

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !

nerdz posted:

it's a one week ban, 2 weeks rollback

ok I knew there was a 2 in there somewhere :krakentoot:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Jose Oquendo posted:

I don’t know if it’s me having a bad day, but the enemies seem twitchier today. Did they modify enemy behavior in the patch today ?

I might be having a bad month: every time I try to hop back into it, the murderizing takes too long and I feel too fragile, and this is with all the loadouts I have. They're not super optimal, but they've never felt this lame :(

Olds
Oct 17, 2005

Jose Oquendo posted:

I think the hit reg issues got worse; this morning, I remember clicking on a completely immobile enemy's head 5 times in a row and registering no damage. Pure speculation but I believe the hit registration issues is correlated with server load and a bunch of people came back from their suspensions, overwhelming their server capacity.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I finally tried a rifle DPS build and I think I'll be running this for a while. If enemy sponginess is getting on your nerves try one, it's refreshing.

I used the SolidFPS rifle DPS build as a guide, with Coyote's Mask and Chatterbox as a secondary.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Roman posted:

I finally tried a rifle DPS build and I think I'll be running this for a while. If enemy sponginess is getting on your nerves try one, it's refreshing.

I used the SolidFPS rifle DPS build as a guide, with Coyote's Mask and Chatterbox as a secondary.

Is the Chatterbox a world drop or does it still need to be crafted first?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Inspector Hound posted:

No, I even tested it

I can play the game now

GhostDog is correct about Lucky Shot, it only returns misses. If you hit, you don't get the round back in your mag. Is that the talent or are you talking about another one?

mind you it's still extraordinary on the M1A classic and snipers because less time reloading is more time clicking

Jose Oquendo posted:

It's you, I think. I played a lot this entire week (apparel caches, my weakness) and there's been no difference for me or for anyone I've played with today vs previously. Small sample sizes, admittedly, but I'm not seeing anything different in AI. warhounds still hell, hyenas still extremely dunkable, the usual. Give it a week and see how you feel?

Psion fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Apr 8, 2020

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Wamdoodle posted:

It's absolutely available as a world drop if you're doing an SMG targeted activity ( I've got two! ).

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Wamdoodle posted:

It can drop randomly, but you're more likely to have better luck by crafting. You just need to open Hyena lockboxes in Downtown East, Federal Triangle, and Judiciary Square to get the parts and if you had the blueprint from level 30 then you won't need to run the Bank mission again to get into the lockbox in the vault. I crafted one and it was a god roll (all three stats were maxed) so I'd say prioritize crafting over farming.

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004
So i threw together a quick striker build yesterday. Still seems kinda bugged. Got a feeling i did decent damage, as enemies died fast-ish, but halfway through jefferson the icon for strikers disappeard from my bar. Ended up doing a measly 240 mil dmg on challenging, far from what the m1a build can do.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

So I'm thinking of trying this again. Two questions.

Have shotguns been buffed at all? They were poo poo when I was playing about 3 months after launch.

How is the loot grind now?

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

TescoBag posted:

So I'm thinking of trying this again. Two questions.

Have shotguns been buffed at all? They were poo poo when I was playing about 3 months after launch.

How is the loot grind now?

Good news and bad news. Shotguns still suck rear end with the exception of The Send Off, a named shotgun with a good skill build talent, and the Sweet Dreams exotic shotgun, which was buffed to kill non elite enemies with a single melee hit. Neither is actually good when you're using it to shoot people. I think the acs12 auto shotgun still has a small niche in pvp though.

The good news is that the loot grind has been massively improved. With the new gear system, gear stat rolls are simplified and transparent, making farming builds a spreadsheet free and relatively intuitive experience, and with the previous introduction of targeted loot, grinding specific pieces is a lot easier, and with the daily change of which areas and missions target which kind of loot, there's quite a bit of variety to farming as well. The dark zone has also been massively buffed in terms of loot quality and is absolutely amazing for farming high quality gear if you like a more pvp oriented experience, though every loot drop is contaminated now with the changes. Loot quality also scales with difficulty which makes running heroics feel quite rewarding. The season 1 battlepass (which is free to upgrade to the premium one) is also incredibly generous offering numerous caches with pretty good gear, a ton of very useful named items with the perfect versions of talents, and a very strong exotic mask that's pretty ubiquitous on dps builds right now.

You also might not be familiar with how named items changed, they now have either perfect versions of talents (just improved versions of the talents) if they are weapons or chests/backpacks, or unique stat rolls if they are gloves/masks/kneepads/holsters which no longer have talents. One example is the contractors gloves which are unique petrov gloves that offer the unique damage to armor stat that no other gear piece can roll. These are generally pretty hard to farm and offer less flexibility due to them not necessarily being an ideal brand in exchange for the improved talent or unique stat roll, so they add an interesting layer to building and some rare top of the line drops.

There's also a ton of fun exotics to farm, and not a lot of bad ones. Look them up on youtube for where to farm them, they have specific requirements.

Build variety is also quite good right now between tanky support builds, skill builds of many varieties, and your standard dps builds so there's plenty to choose from. Most of the gearsets also range from decent to great with only one real exception (strikers, which sadly sucks right now) so if you like gimmicks there's plenty of them.

tweet my meat fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Apr 8, 2020

Picardy Beet
Feb 7, 2006

Singing in the summer.

tweet my meat posted:

Loot quality also scales with difficulty which makes running heroics feel quite rewarding.
RNG is still not Diablo III Loot2.0, but really nicer than before. Even playing legendary is rewarding. Yesterday, I looted Acosta GoBag, Coyote's mask and correctly Rolled BTSU gloves (I know, still useless ) + a couple of named

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Yeah, legendary is almost always a huge windfall if you have the proper team comp and skill to take it on, but god drat is it punishing if you don't.

Olds
Oct 17, 2005
I know Lucky Shot and Tardigrade gets lots of love, but I much prefer Boomerang and Pointman. Boomerang rewards you for actually hitting by giving you ammo and extra damage which is extra helpful against enemies you actually need to shoot multiple times (tanks, warhounds). Pointman (or any appropriate vanguard chest) will give a huge overheal every 25 seconds, which as a Glass Cannon/Vigilance user I much prefer.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Striker report: It is pretty good......if you can get the stack.

The hit registration bug is still definitely a thing. Sometimes I'd dump two full mags into a heavy and the bar would only be at 60% or so, other times it would get close to 100% and as long as I was still working on adds like normal, it would stay full. When it does that, it's great.

I really wish they'd fix this poo poo.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Hitreg bugs seem to have gotten a bit worse. They fixed the game too much and broke it.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Hitreg bugs seem to have gotten a bit worse. They fixed the game too much and broke it.

I suspect the hitreg has something to do with the netcode or something. I've noticed that when I'm playing at super low traffic times it's not as much of a problem, while getting on at like 6pm on a work day it's worse.

It could be as simple as the servers having a lot more load with everyone sitting at home waiting out covid.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
gently caress that boss in white oak that spams fire seekers, one whiff of flame and you're dead

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Jusupov posted:

gently caress that boss in white oak that spams fire seekers, one whiff of flame and you're dead

Id like to extend this to the Cleaner Tanks. Their flame reach is ridiculous and it's messed up they got smart and wrapped a bulletproof vest around one of their fuel canisters. Freaking face extrajudicial justice cowards :argh:

In all seriousness it's good they are an actual if annoying threat now compared to Div 1

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Wamdoodle posted:

Id like to extend this to the Cleaner Tanks. Their flame reach is ridiculous and it's messed up they got smart and wrapped a bulletproof vest around one of their fuel canisters. Freaking face extrajudicial justice cowards :argh:

In all seriousness it's good they are an actual if annoying threat now compared to Div 1

As they walk toward you there is a tank on their back you can just barely see the top of sticking out on their left/your right side. If you shoot this they will pause and remove their head armor. This gets trickier as they get closer or you get more fire-er but if you get it with some distance then they go down as quickly as a red enemy once the helmet is gone.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-ca/game/the-division/the-division-2/news-updates/5hUJOJzFRr8rEV0Zsn3iLu/this-week-in-the-division-2-april-8

"The next update in the pipeline is Title Update 9, tentatively scheduled for late April. TU9 will continue the ongoing work towards improved game health and balancing changes based on community feedback. As we get closer to its release, we will be sharing all the details on what to expect, but as a small tease, we can confirm that it will introduce the ability to upgrade exotics to Level 40. "

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Well I'm glad I didnt break down my exotics yet I guess

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I've re-farmed almost all the exotics at 40 already :shepface:

but, still, nice that I can take the lazy route and just upgrade my eagle bearer.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Kibayasu posted:

As they walk toward you there is a tank on their back you can just barely see the top of sticking out on their left/your right side. If you shoot this they will pause and remove their head armor. This gets trickier as they get closer or you get more fire-er but if you get it with some distance then they go down as quickly as a red enemy once the helmet is gone.

Ah yeah I discovered that just yesterday. Nice detail how they start hacking and coughing when you blow it up and they angrily throw it away.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Hit reg problem is weird after patch. I’m clicking my M1A once every 0.5 s or so, but sometimes it won’t fire. I suspect they touched something client-side too. Also testing with Chameleon against shield at about 5-10m had a baffling result of only about 25 stacks of Striker (I didn’t use chest). At least stack loss doesn’t feel as insane as before.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Well I'm glad I didnt break down my exotics yet I guess

lol I did

RIP

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Oh yeah, all the people with lvl 30 EB will be in tears of joy. Then maybe rage when they find out their upgraded EB has bad rolls? :iiam:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

A monkey's paw curls inside Thylander's office as the exotic upgrade only changes the item level 40, but still completely randomizes the rolls.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

doesn't the 500->515 upgrade do that already?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

No, it actually upgrades all the attributes to max. I took advantage of that before starting New York.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure the reroll thing will be the case. So you'll have a use for the exotic components again. Would be cool if each reroll had to be better than the last but that's unlikely

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I still think the better way to randomize exotics would be to make the minor attributes always roll differently, but the rolls themselves be really good quality.

So you can have different flavours of say the Eagle Bearer, but with Out of Cover Damage, Crit Chance, etc instead of always rolling a Headshot Damage minor. Or you could get Acosta's Go Bag with a Status Effect roll so it becomes a double Status Effect piece.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

UnknownMercenary posted:

I still think the better way to randomize exotics would be to make the minor attributes always roll differently, but the rolls themselves be really good quality.

So you can have different flavours of say the Eagle Bearer, but with Out of Cover Damage, Crit Chance, etc instead of always rolling a Headshot Damage minor. Or you could get Acosta's Go Bag with a Status Effect roll so it becomes a double Status Effect piece.

God no. You'd end up with exotics with utterly worthless secondary rolls, making grinding for exotics even more exhausting. Imagine your Acosta's Go Bag example but instead of getting a status effect roll you get an armor bonus. Congrats, your skill bag is now effectively garbage.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I assume the argument is 'just reroll it again' because at a certain point you've got 40 spare exotics in your stash and maxed components, so this would be a sink for them.

not saying I agree or disagree, just trying to clarify

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Cyrano4747 posted:

God no. You'd end up with exotics with utterly worthless secondary rolls, making grinding for exotics even more exhausting. Imagine your Acosta's Go Bag example but instead of getting a status effect roll you get an armor bonus. Congrats, your skill bag is now effectively garbage.

They already force certain rolls as it is, it's not exactly a stretch to be like "okay Acosta's is a skill piece it always rolls yellow rolls but the ones it can get are random".

Olds
Oct 17, 2005
This is all pointless because they made Dodge City holster bad no matter what stats it has. Getting guaranteed weapon handling is just the poo poo icing on the poo poo cake. Give back the 200% optimal range for pistols you cowards!

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Speaking of exotics, the exotic caches for the leagues and poo poo can be shared as long as you redeem the reward while in a group. We figured this out earlier today, and for the best results you can form a raid party so 8 people can all share their possible dupe exotics with each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

put your money in a log cabin

Buglord
Oh, I was just about to ask about exotic upgrades. I miss my Chameleon :(