Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

My guess is Rob insisted on writing it and they balked

the way it's advertised, it's an anthology book with one of the stories written and drawn by Rob. i'm pissed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Alaois posted:

the way it's advertised, it's an anthology book with one of the stories written and drawn by Rob. i'm pissed

That would have been killer

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
usually i hate the og spider-woman costume but it kinda actually works without the mask?

https://twitter.com/OttoSchmidt72/status/1247673524489158658

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

site posted:

usually i hate the og spider-woman costume but it kinda actually works without the mask?

The short hair also helps I think. Maybe for the same reason that imo Silk's relatively short hair added a lot of drama to her silhouette in action scenes and stuff.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
see, i had a similar thought about the hair, but i just interpreted it as horny

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

"Once you eliminate the horny, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

site posted:

How Wonderful! posted:

"Once you eliminate the horny, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

Yeah, I think the main issue is how horny the artist is when drawing it.

Also whose Rachel? Surrounded by other Marvel characters my mind immediately goes to Rachel Grey, but that's definitely not her.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Sean Young's character from Blade Runner

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Alaois posted:

Sean Young's character from Blade Runner

Ahh, now I see it. I was confused because it was all Marvel characters except that one and he has another post that's mostly DC characters.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I don't really know anything about the challenge. But apparently you yell six names at the artist and they draw it. Maybe "Rachel" was just a bit to nonspecific and they meant Rachel [Summers/ Grey /Whatever her last name is now, the mutant one].

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

Ahh, now I see it. I was confused because it was all Marvel characters except that one and he has another post that's mostly DC characters.

I had to think for a minute on that one too, only realized it because I had just watched Blade Runner the other week.

Also nthing short hair Jessica

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Marvel did the Blade Runner comic adaption back in '82, so still counts as a Marvel character.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, I think the main issue is how horny the artist is when drawing it.

The angle is different to the usual cheesecake shot and the lower yellow section is a bit different in shape to normal too, with the combined effect being it doesn't look like there's a giant yellow dick pointed at her crotch.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I think there may have been some confusion due to poor wording, I meant that it made me horny

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
marvel charging people for product they arent getting

https://twitter.com/LoriHyrup/status/1250493824943570945

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
post quarantine xmen gonna be nsfw

https://twitter.com/JHickman/status/1251582012047134722

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

First I'm learning of this character. Factor-X, AKA Sherly.

"A robot designed by Robert Rider to resemble Sherlock Holmes to deduce the identity of Nova. Was enhanced with artificial intelligence by Dr. Sun."

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Lobok posted:

First I'm learning of this character. Factor-X, AKA Sherly.

"A robot designed by Robert Rider to resemble Sherlock Holmes to deduce the identity of Nova. Was enhanced with artificial intelligence by Dr. Sun."

Nova's original series was wild. Yeah, his little brother built robots and everyone just sort of acted like this was a thing people did.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
https://www.newsarama.com/50048-marvel-to-resume-new-comics-releases-may-27-announce-schedule-through-july-8.html

Limited release schedule starting at the end of the month

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Awesome that every other week doesn't contain a single thing that hasn't been published before.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
So I know people haven't talked about it much, probably because it's still an ongoing concern in the real world and so it's awkward to talk about... but I'm gonna: How does everyone think Marvel's gonna handle COVID? They always like to mirror our world, and especially because 90% of Marvel heroes live and operate in NYC where the virus has hit the hardest, it's gonna be downright impossible to ignore. I know in 20 years or so they can sliding timeline it to where no one could be doing much of anything to help because a lot of origin stories wouldn't have happened, but right now it'll be real awkward to have Reed Richards and every other super-scientist in the world loving stymied about this virus. Will we get another classic "Mutants can't get AIDS"-style reveal on Krakoa? Will they just outright ignore it in the ol' 616?

Also much more importantly than any of that, will Doom cry?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

TwoPair posted:

So I know people haven't talked about it much, probably because it's still an ongoing concern in the real world and so it's awkward to talk about... but I'm gonna: How does everyone think Marvel's gonna handle COVID? They always like to mirror our world, and especially because 90% of Marvel heroes live and operate in NYC where the virus has hit the hardest, it's gonna be downright impossible to ignore. I know in 20 years or so they can sliding timeline it to where no one could be doing much of anything to help because a lot of origin stories wouldn't have happened, but right now it'll be real awkward to have Reed Richards and every other super-scientist in the world loving stymied about this virus. Will we get another classic "Mutants can't get AIDS"-style reveal on Krakoa? Will they just outright ignore it in the ol' 616?

Also much more importantly than any of that, will Doom cry?
I think the most sensible thing to do will be to ignore it completely for right now and have a fictional equivalent/parallel get retconned in in the background, because it seems to be exactly contrary to most of the things you can do with superheroes. I have liked some of the fan comics I have seen of Spidey doing poo poo during social distancing and I could definitely see some one-off gags with people like Machine Man etc. who would not be capable of carrying it around.

It could also mean the end of monthly print comix as we know them potentially, which would throw a big ol wrench into the works of everything.

e: Yes, Doom will shed a single tear

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Aunt May gets it and Peter makes another deal with Mephisto

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Marvel's been making such bonkers moves recently that I wouldn't be surprised if they made Coronavirus a bioweapon created by the Mandarin.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Aunt May gets it and Peter makes another deal with Mephisto

Better idea: Peter hits the wrong number on speed dial and makes a deal with Magneto.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I feel like they'll just ignore it/retcon it into having happened in some comics two years from now. I just don't see a way to reference this while it's happening without a reader asking why teh gently caress doesn't any of the dozen super geniuses make a vaccine.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
What use are Krakoan drugs if they don't cure coronavirus is the first question I would ask :colbert:

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
I'm just hoping it gets ignored until it's historical.. The last thing I want to read right now is a morose issue of Spider-Man contemplating "the real heroes" etc. That never, ever looks good no matter how well-intentioned

Edit: actually I guess I wouldn't mind an anthology series that's just off to the side.. something that looks at marvel life in the pandemic at street level etc but is maybe out of continuity? (but save the speeches)

Snackmar fucked around with this message at 05:15 on May 4, 2020

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Snackmar posted:

I'm just hoping it gets ignored until it's historical.. The last thing I want to read right now is a morose issue of Spider-Man contemplating "the real heroes" etc. That never, ever looks good no matter how well-intentioned

Edit: actually I guess I wouldn't mind an anthology series that's just off to the side.. something that looks at marvel life in the pandemic at street level etc but is maybe out of continuity? (but save the speeches)

If the quality of Marvel's various 9/11 series is any indication, I'd prefer they just ignore it

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

MorningMoon posted:

I feel like they'll just ignore it/retcon it into having happened in some comics two years from now. I just don't see a way to reference this while it's happening without a reader asking why teh gently caress doesn't any of the dozen super geniuses make a vaccine.

Especially with Krakoan super drugs.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I would read it if it was handled with a light touch, like a Homebound Heroes one-shot about what everybody does while quarantined, just low-key little character pieces. Like Spider-Man learning how to crochet, Sandman figuring out how to wash his hands without getting too soggy, etc.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

If it’s to raise money to help people, they can print whatever crap they want.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

They had a pretty good issue of Hawkeye dealing with Hurricane Sandy. Remember that poo poo? It left hundreds of people homeless, killed 200 more, and everyone stopped talking about it after a week.

It's not like you can't have superhero comics addressing real disasters, you just have to be careful. Don't have so many of them show up that it seems absurd that this would even be a problem for them, for one thing. And don't make someone like Superman the POV character. Make it like, Daredevil.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 11:06 on May 4, 2020

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

How Wonderful! posted:

I would read it if it was handled with a light touch, like a Homebound Heroes one-shot about what everybody does while quarantined, just low-key little character pieces. Like Spider-Man learning how to crochet, Sandman figuring out how to wash his hands without getting too soggy, etc.

Once the sliding timeline catches up, COVID will be the canonical reason that the Beyonder was cooped up learning to poop with Peter

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Having a magic cure for COVID would no doubt go down almost as well as the Wakandans having the cure for cancer so I hope they just ignore it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I haven't kept up with Marvel in a few years, what's up with "Krakoan drugs"?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

MorningMoon posted:

I haven't kept up with Marvel in a few years, what's up with "Krakoan drugs"?

At the start of Hickman's run all mutants have moved to Krakoa and set up their own country and have given humanity various superdrugs like a universal antibiotic and a lifespan extender.

It's very much a power-play with the implication being that they can cause massive destruction as well if the relationship goes sour.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Doctor Spaceman posted:

At the start of Hickman's run all mutants have moved to Krakoa and set up their own country and have given humanity various superdrugs like a universal antibiotic and a lifespan extender.

It's very much a power-play with the implication being that they can cause massive destruction as well if the relationship goes sour.

I just checked House of X 1 and the Krakoan super drugs wouldn't actually help much. One just extends the human life span 5 years, maybe that also supercharges our immune system and and would lower the fatality rate? One is an adaptive antibiotic which is great and would keep people hospitalized for covid from dieing of MRSA, but wouldn't do poo poo about covid itself, and the last only treats mental illness.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Thats pretty rad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Skwirl posted:

I just checked House of X 1 and the Krakoan super drugs wouldn't actually help much. One just extends the human life span 5 years, maybe that also supercharges our immune system and and would lower the fatality rate? One is an adaptive antibiotic which is great and would keep people hospitalized for covid from dieing of MRSA, but wouldn't do poo poo about covid itself, and the last only treats mental illness.

They’re still helping millions upon millions of people. They’re just not eliminating cancer or giving everyone super powers.