Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Free mask with hotdog soda purchase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
Wearing the mask shows you are taking this poo poo seriously even though it may be limited help. Its my "get the gently caress away from me" sign.
Been wearing my RZ woodworking mask. Only charcoal and not N95, but its much more comfortable and I can wash the cover each time I go out. (which has been twice in 3 weeks)

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I have a giant 3M painters mask in my shop but I'm still hesitant to bust that out quite yet

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

"Let's go do some crimes*" - me, before going to Costco.

*SAVINGS

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

I got lucky (ish) because i already had a vogmask before this, whoooooo chronic illness

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Folks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3nH3C1jLBE

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

:stare:

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I like Sam the Cooking Guy. I do not like the dressing Costco uses in the chicken bake. I wonder what a good substitute would be.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

FCKGW posted:

I have a giant 3M painters mask in my shop but I'm still hesitant to bust that out quite yet

Yeah, I've got one of these I bought a few years ago for an insulation project

Don't want to go that far yet.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Wearing a mask is really just a way to remind me to not touch my face. I also have allergies, don't need anyone glaring at me because I have the sniffles.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

FogHelmut posted:

Yeah, I've got one of these I bought a few years ago for an insulation project

Don't want to go that far yet.

Holy poo poo if you have that you're set, wear it everywhere, wear a rag over the exhale valve, it'll last months in clean air

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

shovelbum posted:

Holy poo poo if you have that you're set, wear it everywhere, wear a rag over the exhale valve, it'll last months in clean air

What's the reason for covering the exhale valve? It seems like overkill.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
I was surprised to discover my Costco's tire center was still taking online bookings, just figured I'd be riding on my winter tires for a while but their bookings were wide open.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

.Z. posted:

What's the reason for covering the exhale valve? It seems like overkill.

Those masks don't filter anything going out. They might help keep you from getting sick (might, again the data on all this is not great one way or the other) but will do nothing to keep other people from getting sick if you're a carrier. Putting a cloth over the exhale valve can at least mitigate that, mostly by knocking down any larger droplets that start coming out.

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

number 1 snake fan posted:

I got lucky (ish) because i already had a vogmask before this, whoooooo chronic illness

I was getting owned by those wildfires in California last year and was considering buying a Vogmask. Now I'm wishing I did. Will probably buy one when they come back in stock for future wildfires/global pandemics/cases of the sniffley-poos

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Coredump posted:

I like Sam the Cooking Guy. I do not like the dressing Costco uses in the chicken bake. I wonder what a good substitute would be.

You should watch that video because he makes his own version of the dressing and gives his chicken bake a lot more flavor.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Cyrano4747 posted:

Those masks don't filter anything going out. They might help keep you from getting sick (might, again the data on all this is not great one way or the other) but will do nothing to keep other people from getting sick if you're a carrier. Putting a cloth over the exhale valve can at least mitigate that, mostly by knocking down any larger droplets that start coming out.

That mask + goggles is like, so much protection against disease they won't even sell it to normies anymore, just rich ppl and hospitals

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
poo poo I've got like 4 Honeywell half-face respirators with p100 cartridges from years of working construction. Might freak people out at the grocery store though...

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

MarcusSA posted:

Free mask with hotdog soda purchase.

This is real. Subway apologized. lol

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

large hands posted:

poo poo I've got like 4 Honeywell half-face respirators with p100 cartridges from years of working construction. Might freak people out at the grocery store though...

No one is freaking out about masks anymore, go hog wild.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Yeah I still have my pollution respirator from China with fresh cartridges in it. I'm using disposables for the moment and keeping it in reserve.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

omg omg omg omg

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

large hands posted:

You probably will not get it bc of this accident lmao that's the good poo poo, goggles too ofc

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:

number 1 snake fan posted:

Why aren't you wearing a loving mask?

Um... because I'm at home? Are you looking through my window?

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

large hands posted:

Yeah, I wore my p100 mask in Costco over the weekend and nobody batted an eye.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This is a drat good video.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

MarcusSA posted:

This is a drat good video.

His channel is awesome. His son does all the video work.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Chinatown posted:

His channel is awesome. His son does all the video work.

Ah! Makes some sense now.

I really wanna make that fuckin chicken bake he makes. It looks 10x better

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

Grand Fromage posted:

Yeah I still have my pollution respirator from China with fresh cartridges in it. I'm using disposables for the moment and keeping it in reserve.

I'm going to try it the other way around. When I tried to look up the manufacturer's stated lifespan of the p95 prefilters on the cartridges for my half mask respirator, 3M's site said something to the effect of "until they get visibly dirty or clogged to the point where you can't breathe through them easily". I take that to mean for pandemic use they're going to effectively last forever. That way I keep my "disposable" n95 respirators in good condition for an emergency/donating to the local hospital.

One of my concerns with the half mask is that its effectively all rubber/plastic, which seem like good surface for viruses to live on for a few days.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

i got sick and live with 5 other people so i get to wear a mask 24/7 now, if you hate masks and live with other people wear a loving mask in public

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

pnumoman posted:

No one is freaking out about masks anymore, go hog wild.

Unless you're in Arizona, where in general it seems like most people still aren't wearing any.

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)

Manuel Calavera posted:

Oh hey neighbor. I went over the weekend as well, and they're taking the distancing seriously. The BAI waters are good, btw. And the diet green tea. That goes to, anyone really.

Then the Kroger down the Parkway...lol, no difference from normal other than no paper products and the like.

Hey whatup neighborino. I'm not surprised, that Kroger is super hit or miss on weird stuff. I've found really good craft beer and all the boars head lunch meats you could want there, but also missing like, major brand snacks or being out of any good Jeni's flavors.

Also I got a loaf of the sourdough from Boudin, that stuff is LEGIT. Comes presliced, we have used that for sandwiches, using COSTCO evoo and italian seasoning for garlic bread, and also as a service device for garden veggie cream cheese. Huge loaf for $3. PBUC.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lobsterboy posted:

Hey whatup neighborino. I'm not surprised, that Kroger is super hit or miss on weird stuff. I've found really good craft beer and all the boars head lunch meats you could want there, but also missing like, major brand snacks or being out of any good Jeni's flavors.

Also I got a loaf of the sourdough from Boudin, that stuff is LEGIT. Comes presliced, we have used that for sandwiches, using COSTCO evoo and italian seasoning for garlic bread, and also as a service device for garden veggie cream cheese. Huge loaf for $3. PBUC.

The Meijer is good at least. I only hit the Kroger when I have coupons. lol
I'll have to look for this sourdough. Especially for the next two weeks when I've got a few days of, using PLT because we're not super busy at the hospital, yet.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
people still seeing hotdogs?

I like hotdogs

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They had them last time I went to my local one. No onions though...tragedy.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Trumpbux stimulus ain't got nothing on Costco stimulus!!

we bought a ton of appliances and furniture last year

PBUC

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Got a Costco email highlighting their gardening supplies and items and thinking about being in isolation for a while it has some extremely interesting stuff.

Might go a bit crazy with raised beds for shrubs, ornamentals and fruit and veg!

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

SourKraut posted:

Unless you're in Arizona, where in general it seems like most people still aren't wearing any.

Man, why am I not surprised.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Ayo someone reminds me to spend my rebate from Costco

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Alan Smithee posted:

Ayo someone reminds me to spend my rebate from Costco

Send me your rebate from Costco.