Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Llamadeus
Dec 20, 2005

I drive a BBW posted:

I looked for the Sennheiser hd58x but they don't seem to be in stock on Amazon right now. Is there a newer model out?
It's a drop (massdrop) exclusive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

I drive a BBW posted:

Looking to pick up some headphones to use for gaming and music editing/listening/playing. I've been looking at the Beyerdynamic dt770's and the dt990's. I looked for the Sennheiser hd58x but they don't seem to be in stock on Amazon right now. Is there a newer model out? Any other headphones I should be looking at in the $150-$200 price range? Not sure if I really need noise cancelling headphones, but I'm not against them either. I don't have a headphone amp, but I do have an Scarlett 8i6 audio interface.

The 58x and the 6xx are both massdrop-exclusive, so you’d be overpaying on Amazon.

The 58x is a solid choice if you don’t need isolation.

https://drop.com/buy/massdrop-x-sennheiser-hd-58x-jubilee-headphones

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
I would really appreciate a quick wireless headphone recommendation.

I've had and love Audio Technica open headphones of various types. AD-700x are my current favorites. I'm looking for a wireless, Bluetooth 5 open headphone with big drivers. I don't care about loud or bass response, and want huge ear-pads that sit around my ears and not on them.

What am I missing? Where do these exist? I'm willing to spend ~$300 for a good solution here.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

Twerk from Home posted:

I would really appreciate a quick wireless headphone recommendation.

I've had and love Audio Technica open headphones of various types. AD-700x are my current favorites. I'm looking for a wireless, Bluetooth 5 open headphone with big drivers. I don't care about loud or bass response, and want huge ear-pads that sit around my ears and not on them.

What am I missing? Where do these exist? I'm willing to spend ~$300 for a good solution here.

The only bluetooth open back headphones I'm even aware of are the Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless and the HIFIMAN Ananda BT. No idea if either uses BT 5.0 and they're both on the pricier side.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

I don’t think Bluetooth 5 adds anything over 4 for audio use

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Hi guys I need to order some new headphones.

I listen to podcasts on an iPhone that doesn't have an audio jack but also like to plug into my pc and listen to music, and also music on my phone.

I had skullcandy ANC Crushers and liked them but one ear cup died, then I dropped the replacement pair my toilet while jamming a little too hard whilst pissing. I liked them a lot but they had some weird problems for what I paid for them, like static, touch features being iffy or not responsive based on whether it was charging, my first pair died and I had to do a warranty claim like 3 months in, and they smell like piss now. From reading this thread I probably could get a real good set of better headphones for what I paid for them.

Budget - $350 or less, can go up a little bit on this depending on the quality jump.
Source - PC via wired and bluetooth, game systems, iPhone 10 (so bluetooth) - bluetooth and analog options with a detachable cable a big plus
Isolation Requirements - Crushers had a cool feature called "ambient mode" that would feed in surrounding sound through the mic if you needed to hear what's around you, and had ANC. I don't really care about the ANC but the "ambient vs. isolation" switch on good closed back cups was nice for when people around me want to yap. All in all this is is the least concerning feature to me, I'm just going to use them at home.
Preferred Type of Headphone - Over-ear
Preferred Tonal Balance - Bass bass bass
Past Headphones - Airpods, Skullcandy Crusher ANC
Preferred Music - Rock and hip hop

Basically what I liked about the Crusher ANC: Good bass (they had a gimmick too that would vibrate the cups but I don't care about this, and actively didn't like it for the most part), bluetooth or wired option with a mic (mic isn't necessary but really would prefer the option of being wireless). I can forego bluetooth if not having onboard battery/wireless capabilities is a quality jump I'd notice on my equipment.

Also in general my laptop can't seem to go very loud even on good headphones, I found software that artificially increases volume output but it sounds like poo poo. This is probably due to poo poo hardware but I'm basically on a laptop 98% of the time at home and my PC gathers dust - is there some of kind of a solution to this that doesn't involve adding new internal sound hardware to my laptop?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

vaginite posted:

Hi guys I need to order some new headphones.

I listen to podcasts on an iPhone that doesn't have an audio jack but also like to plug into my pc and listen to music, and also music on my phone.

I had skullcandy ANC Crushers and liked them but one ear cup died, then I dropped the replacement pair my toilet while jamming a little too hard whilst pissing. I liked them a lot but they had some weird problems for what I paid for them, like static, touch features being iffy or not responsive based on whether it was charging, my first pair died and I had to do a warranty claim like 3 months in, and they smell like piss now. From reading this thread I probably could get a real good set of better headphones for what I paid for them.

Budget - $350 or less, can go up a little bit on this depending on the quality jump.
Source - PC via wired and bluetooth, game systems, iPhone 10 (so bluetooth) - bluetooth and analog options with a detachable cable a big plus
Isolation Requirements - Crushers had a cool feature called "ambient mode" that would feed in surrounding sound through the mic if you needed to hear what's around you, and had ANC. I don't really care about the ANC but the "ambient vs. isolation" switch on good closed back cups was nice for when people around me want to yap. All in all this is is the least concerning feature to me, I'm just going to use them at home.
Preferred Type of Headphone - Over-ear
Preferred Tonal Balance - Bass bass bass
Past Headphones - Airpods, Skullcandy Crusher ANC
Preferred Music - Rock and hip hop

Basically what I liked about the Crusher ANC: Good bass (they had a gimmick too that would vibrate the cups but I don't care about this, and actively didn't like it for the most part), bluetooth or wired option with a mic (mic isn't necessary but really would prefer the option of being wireless). I can forego bluetooth if not having onboard battery/wireless capabilities is a quality jump I'd notice on my equipment.

Also in general my laptop can't seem to go very loud even on good headphones, I found software that artificially increases volume output but it sounds like poo poo. This is probably due to poo poo hardware but I'm basically on a laptop 98% of the time at home and my PC gathers dust - is there some of kind of a solution to this that doesn't involve adding new internal sound hardware to my laptop?

Sony XB900N.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

DancingShade posted:

The only bluetooth open back headphones I'm even aware of are the Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless and the HIFIMAN Ananda BT. No idea if either uses BT 5.0 and they're both on the pricier side.

Wow, these are $700 and $1000. Let me loosen requirements and see if anything comes up:

Budget - Let's go up to $400
Source - Wireless. Are there any non-bluetooth wireless techs that exist that I should care about? The only reason I had specified BT5 is because I have had previous bluetooth A2DP headphones that sound like rear end, including some expensive Astro Gaming headsets I won at a convention.
Isolation Requirements - None. Leaking sound is fine.
Preferred Type of Headphone - Over-ear, open
Preferred Tonal Balance - Voices & mids, wide soundstage
Past Headphones - Audio Technica AD700x, Sennheiser HD 595
Preferred Music - Rock, metal, musical soundtracks, all sorts of stuff. Watching movies & TV and stuff too.

Llamadeus
Dec 20, 2005
Hifiman have a new $300 open BT model too, where bluetooth is handled by a detachable module: https://store.hifiman.com/index.php/deva.html

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

Twerk from Home posted:

Wow, these are $700 and $1000. Let me loosen requirements and see if anything comes up:

Budget - Let's go up to $400
Source - Wireless. Are there any non-bluetooth wireless techs that exist that I should care about? The only reason I had specified BT5 is because I have had previous bluetooth A2DP headphones that sound like rear end, including some expensive Astro Gaming headsets I won at a convention.
Isolation Requirements - None. Leaking sound is fine.
Preferred Type of Headphone - Over-ear, open
Preferred Tonal Balance - Voices & mids, wide soundstage
Past Headphones - Audio Technica AD700x, Sennheiser HD 595
Preferred Music - Rock, metal, musical soundtracks, all sorts of stuff. Watching movies & TV and stuff too.

Are you against a bluetooth receiver? The Fiio BTR5 will power loving anything and sounds really good. I'm using it with LCD2C while typing this.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

ddogflex posted:

Are you against a bluetooth receiver? The Fiio BTR5 will power loving anything and sounds really good. I'm using it with LCD2C while typing this.

I'm not against a bluetooth receiver at all, I didn't even realize that was a category of thing that existed. Thanks for putting me onto that, that's probably the way I'll go.

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

Twerk from Home posted:

I'm not against a bluetooth receiver at all, I didn't even realize that was a category of thing that existed. Thanks for putting me onto that, that's probably the way I'll go.

Yeah I loving love it. Strongly recommend the Fiio, the Earstudio ES100 is good sound quality too, but lovely build quality and maybe half the power. Depends on your usage for the price difference. I have and use both.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Clark Nova posted:

I don’t think Bluetooth 5 adds anything over 4 for audio use
AFAIK the Bluetooth LE Audio capabilities announced a few months ago should at least theoretically be something that could be added to Bluetooth 5 devices via a software/firmware update.

Obviously don't count your chickens and such, but LE Audio looks like it could be a big deal.

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

ddogflex posted:

Yeah I loving love it. Strongly recommend the Fiio, the Earstudio ES100 is good sound quality too, but lovely build quality and maybe half the power. Depends on your usage for the price difference. I have and use both.

Eh the build quality of the es100 is perfect for what it is, portable on the go. I wouldnt want/like anything better build.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

redeyes posted:

Eh the build quality of the es100 is perfect for what it is, portable on the go. I wouldnt want/like anything better build.

I actually think it could be better. The spring loaded clip broke on mine for no good reason, and the physical control buttons sometimes have delayed response or require multiple presses.

The sound quality, stability of Bluetooth connection, and the companion app are all fantastic though.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Out of curiosity, how's the bluetooth signal strength on the ES100 and BTR5? I have a BTR1K and the signal is so pathetic that I get intermittent dropouts if I move my phone from my front pants pocket to my back while I have it clipped to my collar

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

trem_two posted:

I actually think it could be better. The spring loaded clip broke on mine for no good reason, and the physical control buttons sometimes have delayed response or require multiple presses.

The sound quality, stability of Bluetooth connection, and the companion app are all fantastic though.

Actually they fixed both things in the mk2 which is the same listing on amazon.

Far as the signal strength, about 30-40 feet through some walls for me.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

redeyes posted:

Actually they fixed both things in the mk2 which is the same listing on amazon.

Far as the signal strength, about 30-40 feet through some walls for me.

Oh word, I didn't realize that. I'll need to upgrade, and I can just turn my older one permanently into a wired dac/amp for balanced connections on my desktop.

dbcooper
Mar 21, 2008
Yams Fan
Looking for verification/recommendation if I'm off track.

Budget - Up to $100
Source - phone, tablet, computer (laptop or desktop)
Isolation Requirements - Yes, will be used on travel airplane, car and/or noisy environment (open workspace, coffee shop)
Preferred Type of Headphone - Wired, over-ear. Ideally collapsable/some kind of folding arm (e.g., Sony MDR7506)
Preferred Tonal Balance - I tend to have trouble hearing treble or middle frequencies (I think?) and typically don't find any headphones I use lacking in bass
Past Headphones - Able Planet NC300B, Koss ProDJ100, Bose QuietComfort 2, Logitech G930, Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 (thread recommended). DT 770 obviously best of the bunch. Used the QC2s when traveling and were nice on a plane/noisy environment. Koss were meh but just wanted somethign to replace whatever I had before that died
Preferred Music - Rock, electronic, pop. Sometimes nature sounds or classical

So the jacket on my Koss headphone cable keeps coming apart and they're long in the tooth. I inherited the QC2s but just noticed a clicking sound coming from the left speaker (w/ and w/o input). I keep my DT 770s at work, they don't seem very travel friendly and I'd like to stay in good shape.

I'm looking for something I can use occasionally at home as well as pack up and take with me on trips that's better and more comfortable than my ear buds.

From the thread it looks like current recommendations are either Status CB-1 or Audio-Technica ATH-M40x ? Wirecutter recommends Sony MDR7506[1] and obviously lots of positive reviews on Amazon.

Should I prefer the ATH-M40x over the MDR7506s ? Or if I'm feeling cheap go for the CB-1s? Any other options I should consider?

Thanks for reading.

----
[1] https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-over-ear-headphones/

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

redeyes posted:

Weird thing to get defensive on lol.

I had one completely fail in less than a year and the replacement had the clip pop off. Beyond that it has objectively bad buttons, its lovely painted plastic, and gets terrible wear from not-at-all-heavy usage.

Good sound quality and app!

The BTR5 is aluminum and glass, built like a quality phone. Worlds of difference.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

dbcooper posted:

Looking for verification/recommendation if I'm off track.

Budget - Up to $100
Source - phone, tablet, computer (laptop or desktop)
Isolation Requirements - Yes, will be used on travel airplane, car and/or noisy environment (open workspace, coffee shop)
Preferred Type of Headphone - Wired, over-ear. Ideally collapsable/some kind of folding arm (e.g., Sony MDR7506)
Preferred Tonal Balance - I tend to have trouble hearing treble or middle frequencies (I think?) and typically don't find any headphones I use lacking in bass
Past Headphones - Able Planet NC300B, Koss ProDJ100, Bose QuietComfort 2, Logitech G930, Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 (thread recommended). DT 770 obviously best of the bunch. Used the QC2s when traveling and were nice on a plane/noisy environment. Koss were meh but just wanted somethign to replace whatever I had before that died
Preferred Music - Rock, electronic, pop. Sometimes nature sounds or classical

So the jacket on my Koss headphone cable keeps coming apart and they're long in the tooth. I inherited the QC2s but just noticed a clicking sound coming from the left speaker (w/ and w/o input). I keep my DT 770s at work, they don't seem very travel friendly and I'd like to stay in good shape.

I'm looking for something I can use occasionally at home as well as pack up and take with me on trips that's better and more comfortable than my ear buds.

From the thread it looks like current recommendations are either Status CB-1 or Audio-Technica ATH-M40x ? Wirecutter recommends Sony MDR7506[1] and obviously lots of positive reviews on Amazon.

Should I prefer the ATH-M40x over the MDR7506s ? Or if I'm feeling cheap go for the CB-1s? Any other options I should consider?

Thanks for reading.

----
[1] https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-over-ear-headphones/

There is a lot that could be suggested/acceptable for you. Everything already listed is viable. Add these to your "maybe" list: Yamaha HPH-MT5, Brainwavz HM5 Studios, Monprice Retros

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

ddogflex posted:

Weird thing to get defensive on lol.

I had one completely fail in less than a year and the replacement had the clip pop off. Beyond that it has objectively bad buttons, its lovely painted plastic, and gets terrible wear from not-at-all-heavy usage.

Good sound quality and app!

The BTR5 is aluminum and glass, built like a quality phone. Worlds of difference.

I use my ES100 on average about 10 hours every weekend doing trail running. If that thing was anything other than feather light AND made of plastic it wouldn't be used as much and would have been smashed long ago.

FWIW i hate phones made of glass. Give me loving plasitic kthx.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

DancingShade posted:

Sony XB900N.

These look great I ordered them!

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

I have an old pair of koss portapros that I use all the time, and the little plastic bit that holds one of the arms just snapped in half. The actual drivers are fine, but I can't really use them like this. Is there anywhere I can buy just a portapro headband, or do I have to send it in for repair?

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
Email Koss, they have a lifetime warranty. I hear if you're near the headquarters you can just walk in with broken portapros and the person at the desk will swap em out for you.

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

Argona posted:

I have an old pair of koss portapros that I use all the time, and the little plastic bit that holds one of the arms just snapped in half. The actual drivers are fine, but I can't really use them like this. Is there anywhere I can buy just a portapro headband, or do I have to send it in for repair?

People use these for PortaPros and KC75s:

https://www.parts-express.com/parts-express-mini-stereo-lightweight-headphones-with-4-ft-cord--240-015

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Got those Sennheiser Drop 58x in today. They are replacing my pretty old and beat-up Sony MDR-V6s. So far really enjoying the sound. Guess I should look into getting an amp and dac or something. Right now I just plug into my computer speakers.

phosdex fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Apr 13, 2020

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

phosdex posted:

Got those Sennheiser Drop 58x in today. They are replacing my pretty old and beat-up Sony MDR-V6s. So far really enjoying the sound. Guess I should look into getting an amp and dac or something. Right now I just plug into my computer speakers.

They're loving awesome with the BTR5, using that setup as I type this. Then you can use them portable too! It works via USB or BT. It's as expensive as the headphones themselves tho, so there is that.

edit:

That o2 is a ridiculous good deal
VVVVV

ddogflex fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Apr 13, 2020

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
if you want a great, cheap amp, someone's selling o2s for 60 bux on ebay, there are a couple left:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MASSDROP-OBJECTIVE-2-HEADPHONE-AMP-DESKTOP-EDITION/124130972189?hash=item1ce6c8521d:g:I2MAAOSwNjlefLip

they have the ins and power at the back, too, which is a big upgrade from my old rear end JDS model

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

if you want a great, cheap amp, someone's selling o2s for 60 bux on ebay, there are a couple left:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MASSDROP-OBJECTIVE-2-HEADPHONE-AMP-DESKTOP-EDITION/124130972189?hash=item1ce6c8521d:g:I2MAAOSwNjlefLip

they have the ins and power at the back, too, which is a big upgrade from my old rear end JDS model

That's a great deal. I have the same one from Massdrop (1.0 and 3.3x gain) and it's a solid amp.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

Anyone have some true wireless earbuds they like? My wife has had airpods and wants something else, basically due to battery life. The battery life has degraded and was never that good to begin with (in a sense of one charge, not how many charges the case can do). She wants a pair that will last a full shift basically so around 8 hours.

So to recap:

Budget - Anything in the true wireless range really, more concerned with quality but lets put a cap at $300 if something that expensive exists
Source - iPhone bluetooth, various other bluetooth
Preferred Type of Headphone - True wireless
Preferred Tonal Balance - balanced
Past Headphones - Airpods
Preferred Music - Audiobooks, pop

Needs a good battery life on one charge, ergonomics a plus if thats possible but anything as or less lovely than airpods 1st gen will do.

Also thanks DancingShade I got my Sony XB900N yesterday in the mail and already love them.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Powerbeats Pro claims nine hours battery life, the Sony WF-1000MX3 claim 6-8. That's the upper end of the true wireless market, and they're both available for well under $300. I'm not sure about mid-range, but the battery life on the very cheap ones is universally terrible

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I hear really good things about the Jabra 75t, if I didn't already have a set of Airpods Pro that's probably what I'd get. They claim 7.5hrs battery life plus another 20 or so hours charging from the case.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
Has there been any crazy budget true wireless stuff coming out of china yet? Whoever creates the wireless Tin T2 is gonna make a mint.

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

Has there been any crazy budget true wireless stuff coming out of china yet? Whoever creates the wireless Tin T2 is gonna make a mint.

Craziest true wireless thing I've seen is these things from Fiio that turn any MMCX IEMs into true wireless. They seem to be selling way faster than they can make them, they keep running out of stock. I gather they're pretty good for a gen 1 product, thought not without their flaws.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

$35 USD https://www.linsoul.com/collections/all/products/auglamour-at-200-tws

I have no idea regarding anything about that product other than it seems like a cheap TWS.

The only TWS I've heard is the HIFIMAN offering and I'm not recommending it to anyone because of the zero bass tuning. Also not particularly cheap. At least I bought it during a promo and they threw in a lucky dip RE600 Songbird. Those things sound great but shame about the non-removable bastard cable.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Apr 15, 2020

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

https://www.rolfstone.com/shop-rolfstone-neo/

These are excellent for 99 euro. I use them at work, they go on for about 6 hours. Sound quality is pretty good. Charging up pretty fast, in about 30 minutes they're fully charged and you can fully refill them 4 times before the charger depletes.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I'm looking for headphones and audio gear for the purposes of streaming console games with minimal latency. My goal is that I can pipe both Discord audio and straight-from-display game audio into headphones (if I need a mixer, so be it), balance the audio on the fly, and have minimal latency with phones I can wear comfortably for hours in a home environment with a closed door and a quiet roommate.

What item or combination of items would you recommend? If the same headphones can work with a standard phone headphone jack that would also be nice but is not strictly necessary.

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

vaginite posted:

Anyone have some true wireless earbuds they like? My wife has had airpods and wants something else, basically due to battery life. The battery life has degraded and was never that good to begin with (in a sense of one charge, not how many charges the case can do). She wants a pair that will last a full shift basically so around 8 hours.

So to recap:

Budget - Anything in the true wireless range really, more concerned with quality but lets put a cap at $300 if something that expensive exists
Source - iPhone bluetooth, various other bluetooth
Preferred Type of Headphone - True wireless
Preferred Tonal Balance - balanced
Past Headphones - Airpods
Preferred Music - Audiobooks, pop

Needs a good battery life on one charge, ergonomics a plus if thats possible but anything as or less lovely than airpods 1st gen will do.

Also thanks DancingShade I got my Sony XB900N yesterday in the mail and already love them.

I really like the Sony WF1000XM3, and I've tried most of the ones around the same price. You can find them for under $200 all day. I paid like $170? They're my commuting and travel earphones mostly (so zero use right now). I liked the PowerBeat Pros too, but they basically have zero isolation so I'd rather just use iSine with the BT cable or something if isolation isn't a concern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

DoctorWhat posted:

I'm looking for headphones and audio gear for the purposes of streaming console games with minimal latency. My goal is that I can pipe both Discord audio and straight-from-display game audio into headphones (if I need a mixer, so be it), balance the audio on the fly, and have minimal latency with phones I can wear comfortably for hours in a home environment with a closed door and a quiet roommate.

What item or combination of items would you recommend? If the same headphones can work with a standard phone headphone jack that would also be nice but is not strictly necessary.

I'm slightly confused about what you're asking for. Any headphone that exists should be able to reproduce sound from multiple sources simultaneously. Guessing you want multiple distinct source devices linked to a single output though a medium?

If you're after some kind of professional studio grade mixer it might be best to find a studio/DJ supplier in your area/country and have a chat to them about your needs. We're not talking pocket change though.

Far as the headphones themselves go could be nearly anything if all you want is a cable. Beyerdynamic DT770? No wait you said phone. AKG371?

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Apr 15, 2020