Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Dragon Quest Builders. I’ve always had a soft spot for the crafting style games and this is the best one I’ve played. The game’s fun, the writing’s charming and sometimes laugh-out-loud funny, and some of the chapter gimmicks are really creative uses of the crafting game formula. I like the setting a lot too—the first DQ game had the villain offer to let you rule half the world if you joined him (that would give you a bad ending if you accepted), this game takes place in the world after the hero accepts the offer, which is not only a cool idea but it also got me to play the first game to get all the references and backstory, which I loved and has started a Dragon Quest addiction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1) Hades - First escape.
2) Slay the Spire: A2 Ironclad clear.
2A) Slay the Spire: A3 Ironclad clear.
2B) Slay the Spire: A0 Silent clear.
3) Nioh - Way of the Samurai All non-DLC missions
3a) Nioh - All DLC
4) Nioh 2 - Way of the Samurai
5) Doom Eternal

An improvement over the 2016 Doom in every way. Had an absolute blast playing it and I can't wait for more master levels.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

In Other Waters

Amazing game of oceanic exploration and alien biology.

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

Celeste

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

11. Disaster Report. Really cool game despite having a handful of trial and error crash bandicoot running from boulder parts and a chapter with instafail stealth. Excited to check out 2 and 4

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

killed the dragun in enter the gungeon. still gotta make the bullet to kill my past but the bob3 indie game krew cant stop me counting it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

12. Animal Crossing: New Horizons

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

In Training posted:

12. Animal Crossing: New Horizons

:magemage:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i will be dropping an a-bomb on the island of anyone who says they beat Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

elf help book posted:

i will be dropping an a-bomb on the island of anyone who says they beat Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Same.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's credits.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1) Hades - First escape.
3a) Nioh - All DLC
5) Doom Eternal
6) Resident Evil 3 Remake (100% Collectibles, no Item Box, no Healing)

It was pretty good, but I think my expectations for it were too high after how hard RE2Make rocked my world. The thing that unlocks after the first time you beat the game is cool.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

elf help book posted:

I think if you are clear that you saw the credits, you can say that you 'beat' the story. I also think you can post in this thread if you complete the catalogue (specify all color variations or not) and get 5 star island rating.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Beat the 1st 3 eps of Doom 1, but Thy Flesh Consumed seems like an annoying slog, so ill just jump to 2 and 64.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

fadam posted:

1) Hades - First escape.
3a) Nioh - All DLC
5) Doom Eternal
6) Resident Evil 3 Remake (100% Collectibles, no Item Box, no Healing)

It was pretty good, but I think my expectations for it were too high after how hard RE2Make rocked my world. The thing that unlocks after the first time you beat the game is cool.

i mean, at the end of the day its still a remake of resident evil 3

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ROBO_ERECTUS posted:

Beat the 1st 3 eps of Doom 1, but Thy Flesh Consumed seems like an annoying slog, so ill just jump to 2 and 64.

the 4th ep is non canon and playing it is definitely optional

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

elf help book posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

thy flesh consumed blows. the first room of the first map is a square where you turn around and suddenly 80 soldiers and imps teleport in and it just gets worse from there.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

thy flesh consumed blows. the first room of the first map is a square where you turn around and suddenly 80 soldiers and imps teleport in and it just gets worse from there.

Sounds like what’s happening on turnip island today.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Knuc U Kinte posted:

lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Lol

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Lmao

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

trying to jack off posted:

killed the dragun in enter the gungeon. still gotta make the bullet to kill my past but the bob3 indie game krew cant stop me counting it

Such a good game. Reminds me I never did unlock the new characters from the last DLC...

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Knuc U Kinte posted:

lmao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Knuc U Kinte posted:

lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Nice

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

ROBO_ERECTUS posted:

thy flesh consumed is pretty bad but doom 2's base levels are a prety mixed bag as well. doom64 is epic tho. the best way to play doom2 in the year of our lord 2020 is thousands of wads that are better than the og levels

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

bruh e4m2 was made by famous sa poster and maker of the hit game bad day la, american mcgee himself

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

bruh e4m2 was made by famous sa poster and maker of the hit game bad day la, american mcgee himself

it was made by john romero in 6 hours, that's why it's so good

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

oh yeah. theres some real american turds in e4 that he crapped out over 3-4 hours as well iirc

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
thy flesh consumed is rear end dont play it

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
xenoblade chronicles 2 - maybe ill try the golden country dlc now

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Evil Eagle posted:

if you dont play thy flesh consumed at least play that map it's cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

13. Raw Danger AKA Disaster Report 2. Huge step up over the first game in every capacity and had interlocking decision points across 5 distinct campaigns that felt more elaborate than any game I've played since Deus Ex. Impressive game, can't wait to check out DR4 one day.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In chapter 3 you're a taxi driver driving this lady around and a girl being chased some dude jumps in front of you and your instinct is to swerve and avoid them. In chapter 4 you play as that girl and when you run across a street at one point you see the driver play the inputs back and you're supposed to avoid it even though it's a squirrely mess since the driving controls are so lovely. It briefly reminded me of Nier Automata's 9S menu cutscenes lol. The game pwns.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

4-11 Animal Crossing New Horizons

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

In chapter 3 you're a taxi driver driving this lady around and a girl being chased some dude jumps in front of you and your instinct is to swerve and avoid them. In chapter 4 you play as that girl and when you run across a street at one point you see the driver play the inputs back and you're supposed to avoid it even though it's a squirrely mess since the driving controls are so lovely. It briefly reminded me of Nier Automata's 9S menu cutscenes lol. The game pwns.

Lol that’s cool

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Pikmin 2 - All Treasures Collected + Challenge Mode all Pink Flowers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Crash N. Sanity (Platnium)

Crash 2 is really heads and shoulders above 1 and 3. The new level they added to 3 was really good and I kind of wish they had added more.