Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Cardiovorax posted:

Is there ever a time when she isn't vulnerable? I just shot at her whenever and it seemed to work, but now I'm not sure if I wasn't just imagining it.

She's never invulnerable but the lack of feedback really is bad, The prolapsed uterus thing she spawns more bugs from is her weak point though, but due to the boss fight and her animations/lack of feedback work you could be forgiven for not even being aware that's a thing or that it's a weak point.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Apr 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
I’ve read goons talk about listening to Carlos call the number in second to last boss fight, but imo it’s way easier to track Nemesis yourself and watch where he stops. I just avoid the zombies. Boss usually kills them when he’s back in the arena and if he doesn’t there’s never more than 3 spawned.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

It seems like Nemmy will either do the full lap then pick a place to try and jump at you or he will fake you out and just kinda stop halfway between 2 and just jump. Carlos doesn't do a good job of keeping up some of the time though. He has a call out for saying he's behind you but that usually comes way to late to be helpful or just doesn't happen at all so you are suddenly smashed into the ground out of nowhere.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

punk rebel ecks posted:

Is REmake 3 better than the original?

As close to objectively as possible, no. Elements of it are better, but RE3 had Mercenaries. In no way was a REre3 without Mercenaries going to be a better game.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
Is there a way to get the zombies to burst through the front door of the hospital lobby? I wasted everyone and the shutters are down. I’ve been running around the room for like 5 minutes with nothing to do. It won’t place the detonator on the c4 and they’re just banging away outside.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I wonder if Dog Nemesis is a hint at what we can expect from the RE8 leak about werewolves.

Not sure how careful we're being about spoilers here but added 'em just in case.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Vikar Jerome posted:

Remake2 and 3 are great games but bad remakes.

:psyduck:

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Mountain Lightning posted:

What about the grenades in the operating room? I was kind of curious about that one, since Jill otherwise doesn't get flashbangs on the lower difficulties.

I actually never checked that. But for all of Carlo's other stuff, it all mysteriously vanishes when playing as Jill. Even if you never open the safe as Carlos, the game will show that it has been opened and that it is empty.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Comes close, dont get me wrong. Now if only they had not hosed with the a&b and had leon and claire talk to each other like the og throughout instead of the last min notes they added...

About 2 hours into assissted mode in 3 now. Haha already at end section. Also im more convinced now than ever that tyrell is getting his own dlc hunk like mode.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

well yeah it’s assisted mode what do you expect

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Vikar Jerome posted:

Comes close, dont get me wrong. Now if only they had not hosed with the a&b and had leon and claire talk to each other like the og throughout instead of the last min notes they added...

I feel that, but I don't think I would consider it a bad remake.

Can you use the bonus items and infinite ammo weapons for S Ranks? I think I'll just farm everything first before trying to go for the S Ranks if that's the case.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

sigher posted:

I feel that, but I don't think I would consider it a bad remake.

Can you use the bonus items and infinite ammo weapons for S Ranks? I think I'll just farm everything first before trying to go for the S Ranks if that's the case.

You can. You can use unlock to earn other unlocks.

Dr. Video Games 0135
May 20, 2003

That's gonna be a zoinks from me, Scoob
Which is better for cheesing higher difficulties, infinite AR + assault coins, or infinite rocket launcher?

Launcher seems like it might be slow and bad in tight spaces

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Mountain Lightning posted:

What about the grenades in the operating room? I was kind of curious about that one, since Jill otherwise doesn't get flashbangs on the lower difficulties.

Whatever you don't take that isn't Carlos exclusive will remain for Jill in the entirety of the hospital. Healing items, grenades, handgun ammo, etc. will all be available.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

What should I be aiming to buy first at the shop? Does using these items prevent you from getting any achievements? I assume using them stops you from getting S Ranks, right?

Unlike previous games, infinite ammo guns are allowed for S Rank runs. I used a healing token, 2 offence tokens, and the rifle for my S Rank runs. On Nightmare I had to use 2 defense tokens for the final fight.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
This thread makes me want to replay Resident Evil 3 (original) again. What is the best way to play it?

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Dr. Video Games 0135 posted:

Which is better for cheesing higher difficulties, infinite AR + assault coins, or infinite rocket launcher?

Infinite Launcher is much better than the AR. It has splash damage, and doesn't need to reload. The rifle does.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Dr. Video Games 0135 posted:

Launcher for groups and Nemmy, shotgun for anything else.

Double assault coins trivializes every enemy.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

punk rebel ecks posted:

This thread makes me want to replay Resident Evil 3 (original) again. What is the best way to play it?

https://youtu.be/IS0C7woSAG0

That guy has some crazy videos. He’s got the world record for beating all 3 OG Resident Evils consecutively with 2 hours 10 minutes.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Apr 9, 2020

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

https://youtu.be/IS0C7woSAG0

That guy has some crazy videos. He’s got the world record for beating all 3 OG Resident Evils consecutively with 2 hours 10 minutes.

But I want to play it though not watch it.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Video description had this in it: https://www.reshdp.com/re3/

Edit: and apparently it's for use in Dolphin (http://www.dolphin-emulator.com/)

danbo
Dec 29, 2010

punk rebel ecks posted:

RE3 isn't like other Resi games where there's tons of differences between versions. PC/DC versions had like two extra costumes (and you can play Mercenaries without having to clear the game) but functionally that's it. Gamecube version has the HD Project and is probably most convenient anyway.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Awesome, thanks.

Since I have a PVM, I almost feel like playing the Dreamcast (if not the PSX) version.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Mercenaries dates back to RE3? Wow I totally missed it back in the day I guess.I always thought that was an invention of RE4.

danbo
Dec 29, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

Mercenaries dates back to RE3? Wow I totally missed it back in the day I guess.I always thought that was an invention of RE4.

It's a time attack mode, so it's not quite like RE4's take, but it's great. Hell, there were Mercenaries-like modes in Resi games even before RE3 - Battle Mode and its successor, Extreme Battle.

The N64 version of RE2 had an item randomizer before it was cool. Capcom seemed to understand very early on that extra modes and features are incredibly important for these games, so it's a shame this game is rather anemic on that front if you're not interested in Resistance.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah. I think one of the reasons RE has remained popular for so long is that it was one of the earlier IPs to realize that repackaging the content of the game into a more arcadey/replayable experience could be a thing. Something I think most games try to do now, although I still think RE was smarter in relegating it to extra modes instead of letting it gently caress with the campaign.

The last 3 releases having a noticeable lack of it has been pretty disappointing even if they are some of my favorite entries in the series.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Raid Mode from Revelations 2 is neat. There’s probably way too many levels though. Imagine Mercenaries except guns have stats and you have to keep upgrading them periodically

danbo
Dec 29, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah. I think one of the reasons RE has remained popular for so long is that it was one of the early IPs to realize that repackaging the content of the game into a more arcadey/replayable experience. Something I think most games try to do now, although I still think RE was smarter in relegating it to extra modes instead of letting it gently caress with the campaign.

The last 3 releases having a noticeable lack of it has been pretty disappointing even if they are some of my favorite entries in the series.

RE7 actually ended up with a ton of interesting minigames and scenarios, sadly it was all paid DLC (and sadly it was RE7) so no doubt most people gave it a skip. I hope that's not the model they're shooting for with this game, people already feel jilted by the asking price.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh I played all of it. I enjoyed the RE7 DLC but it all felt pretty "one and done" to me. Raid mode was pretty good but I liked it in REV 1 better than 2. Never really stood up to Mercs though, since it felt more grindy while mercs felt more skill based.

Also lol I just remembered that the multiplayer in RE5 was paid DLC and it was like, the worst deathmatch I've ever played.

danbo
Dec 29, 2010

Raid mode has a really long revolver at least.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
gotta say, Jill being constantly pissed off in RE3make owns, best version of her character yet imo

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
So I blew up nemesis and got the achievement "nemesis down" then kept playing and got to next area through the vent and can't return and just noticed that the achievement says "get nemesis to drop an item" so I guess I'm poo poo out of luck for not picking up this item?

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah, and I'm super bummed about the remake not including it. It's been a fun mode in every RE that had it, and I really expected the game that started it all to have an updated version. It was a lot of fun back in my teenage PS1 days and it added a ton of replayability which would have seemed like a no-brainer here.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

psychoJ posted:

gotta say, Jill being constantly pissed off in RE3make owns, best version of her character yet imo

”Next time take the loving hint!”

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Neo Rasa posted:

She's never invulnerable but the lack of feedback really is bad, The prolapsed uterus thing she spawns more bugs from is her weak point though, but due to the boss fight and her animations/lack of feedback work you could be forgiven for not even being aware that's a thing or that it's a weak point.
Well, it's, uh, very conspicuous. I've watched a few streams of the game and I've never seen anyone not aim for it, if only out of simple disgust, so I think the monster design does do a fairly decent job of being self-explaining.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

Lord Ludikrous posted:

”Next time take the loving hint!”

"Bitch can't even swim."

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

danbo posted:

It's a time attack mode, so it's not quite like RE4's take, but it's great.

Wasn't it more like the Tofu Scenario of RE2 but you also got to play as Nikolai and Mikhail?

Is there anyway to find which Bobblehead or Document you have left to collect? I'm missing one of each and this poo poo is going to drive me up a wall. Also, I have exactly enough to get the Infinite AR but I don't know i I should invest in anything else instead, so far I have the extra pouches, Bolt Cutter/Lock Pick and the two Attack Coins so I feel like getting the AR will make the rest of the playthroughs a breeze in regards to mopping up records and unlocking everything but maybe I should get something else?

danbo
Dec 29, 2010

sigher posted:

Wasn't it more like the Tofu Scenario of RE2 but you also got to play as Nikolai and Mikhail?

A little. You have a timer until a bomb in your body explodes and must get to where Jill starts the game, killing enemies gives you extra seconds - there's a simple combo system, as well as bonus time for knive kills, rescuing civilians etc.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I remember the bomb and the whole getting to the start of the game thing now. I don't remember civilians though. Didn't one of the alleys have 2 Nemesis (Nemesi?) for you to deal with as well?

Real shame we didn't get this with the remake.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

sigher posted:

I remember the bomb and the whole getting to the start of the game thing now. I don't remember civilians though.

You could save Dario, Brad, Marvin and some UBCS soldiers and they would drop items and give you extra time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Cardiovorax posted:

Well, it's, uh, very conspicuous. I've watched a few streams of the game and I've never seen anyone not aim for it, if only out of simple disgust, so I think the monster design does do a fairly decent job of being self-explaining.

Yeah, I don't think RE7 has a big problem with feedback. The final boss is weird because it's mostly scripted, but every other boss acts directly based on how much damage they take, and that one Jack fight is straight up about shooting glowing eyes. I think it's more important that you never get the sense that you're shooting something and it isn't doing any damage.