Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Both of my TVs died during the Corogna and my wife is home with my kid going crazy without a boob tube

Thankfully the co is doing some tech deals:

What do you guys think of this bad boy:
https://www.costco.com/lg-60%22-class---7-series---4k-uhd-led-lcd-tv.product.100572603.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
id pay the extra money for an OLED screen imho

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

Chinatown posted:

id pay the extra money for an OLED screen imho

OLED is really nice, but still over $1000 from online dealers crazy sales last I checked.

If you're willing to trade a major improvement in image quality for a slightly smaller screen, the TCL 6 series is generally the go to budget TV. It's out of stock on the website, but stores may have some.

https://www.costco.com/tcl-55%22-class---6-series---4k-uhd-led-lcd-tv.product.100515013.html

In store may have the 65" TCL 6 series for $500 and the Vizio 65" M658G1 was $500 a few weeks ago, but that may have ended.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

OLED good

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Doesn't need to be costco?

amazon got you covered

I agree OLED is good but the pricing is probably out of range.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I got a 65" a few years ago and now the 85" are the same price as what I paid then.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Anything above 60 or 65 is overkill for 95% of living rooms.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

Cartoon Man posted:

I don’t think that’s true for 4K

We have the m658g1 and we like it. We paid more than that last year lol

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

OLED is nice but Samsung's QLED technology is superior.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

bird with big dick posted:

:thatsbait.gif:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

don't ruin it

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

oh poo poo

*closes window and blinds*

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
mission report: went to co in north LA at 4pm and they seemed to be better about paper supply, I don't know if it lasted all night but they didn't seem to run out while I was there. Maybe they're approaching equilibrium

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

:wrong:

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

I went to mine in Michigan yesterday at 4pm. There was a queue outside to get in, which wrapped through the cart holding area inside with some pallets as barriers. Every few minutes they would let the next batch of 20 or so carts go in, to space out shoppers in the store I guess.

90% of the customers had masks of some type on, half had gloves on. There were a lot of people working that just didn't wear a mask at all, some did though. The clear plastic barriers were up on the checkouts, and they had yellow lines on the ground at checkout to specify how far back to stand. They also had someone working there unload my cart for me, and then load it for me, without my help, so that we didn't have two people adjacent to the cart at the same time.

Bought $551 of stuff, though $100 of that was grass seed and lawn stuff. My biggest Costco cart-based purchase yet.

Though, there were some old people treating this as some kind of joke. A 70+ year old couple left the store with zero ppe and like three things in their cart, gawking and smiling at everyone in masks.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Tell them they’re in heaven and you’re angels

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I've never actively wanted old people to die, but I do now.

Don't me wrong, there are plenty of dumbass deniers among young people, but the old folks really are being the worst about this.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Squashy Nipples posted:

I've never actively wanted old people to die, but I do now.

Don't me wrong, there are plenty of dumbass deniers among young people, but the old folks really are being the worst about this.

Yeah, the main difference is I see young people congregating at houses and parks, and old people at the store. Just like above, a couple, buying just a few items. For maximum irony I saw a couple buying a 12 pack of Corona Premier and like three other items at the grocery store.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Ravendas posted:

Though, there were some old people treating this as some kind of joke. A 70+ year old couple left the store with zero ppe and like three things in their cart, gawking and smiling at everyone in masks.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

:wrong:

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
Got a two liter bottle of hand sanitizer at Costco for $8. Haven't been able to find any for a month now. PBUC.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Fashionably Great posted:

Got a two liter bottle of hand sanitizer at Costco for $8. Haven't been able to find any for a month now. PBUC.

HOWWWWW

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

They had a pallet full of gallon jugs of hand sanitizer at Costco yesterday for like $20.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

where the hell are you guys

that stuff is like a potion of gold transmutation

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

Showed up an hour after opening, what was an entire pallet was reduced to a single layer. I was surprised and very happy to find it because there's none to be found locally otherwise.
edit: I'm in flyover country, only one Costco in a 100+ mile radius

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Is isopropyl still hard to get? I always have a bunch of it already to clean interiors of old cars that probably never HAVE been clean so I made my own sanitizer as needed with the stuff I already had.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Best place to find hand sanitizer has been at the local corner liquor convenience stores in my area. Alot of breweries and vape companies have really ramped up production and are getting it out to their usual clients.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Chinatown posted:

Best place to find hand sanitizer has been at the local corner liquor convenience stores in my area. Alot of breweries and vape companies have really ramped up production and are getting it out to their usual clients.

poo poo I might have to drive to San Diego just to have somethin gto do

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

My Costco doesn't have poo poo.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

KakerMix posted:

Is isopropyl still hard to get? I always have a bunch of it already to clean interiors of old cars that probably never HAVE been clean so I made my own sanitizer as needed with the stuff I already had.

Yeah. Didn't check costco, but the last time I had to go to the local grocery the whole section was picked over.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I managed to get some 70% isopropyl alcohol from Walmart (blugh but whatever I rather have it)... I ordered on March 25. It came yesterday and today. Why I got two separate shipments for 2 things of isoporpyl I do not know.

https://www.nowinstock.net/home/healthhousehold/isopropylalcohol/

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Apr 11, 2020

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Popped into the Centerville Ohio Costco a little before 5:30, and was surprised to find a boatload of toilet paper. My wife is very happy.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
McMaster has 70% in stock, https://www.mcmaster.com/54845t42

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Which one of you was standing next to me in Smart & Final and exclaimed loudly when you saw the Bitchin Sauce?

FogHelmut posted:

My Costco doesn't have poo poo.

Correction - they had tons of toilet paper today. Still no baby wipes but I got flushable wipes.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

should we be doing costco trades

iso: sanny

ft: baby wipes, Native American beads

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

FogHelmut posted:

Correction - they had tons of toilet paper today. Still no baby wipes but I got flushable wipes.

Reminder that there’s no such thing as “flushable” and you need to throw them away (which no one does). Even if they say “septic safe” or whatever, they aren’t and can clog up your sewer or your septic field. Especially with a septic field if they get pushed out into the drain tiles you can ruin the whole field.

Americans get squeamish about French words but a bidet is a way better way to get your rear end clean. (I know this of all threads knows this already, but still.) Wipes will cause you problems down the road, don’t buy them or at least throw them away, gross as that is.

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Apr 12, 2020

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Paul MaudDib posted:

Reminder that there’s no such thing and you need to throw them away. Even if they say “septic safe” or whatever, they aren’t and can clog up your sewer or your septic field.

lol no

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Paul MaudDib posted:

Reminder that there’s no such thing and you need to throw them away. Even if they say “septic safe” or whatever, they aren’t and can clog up your sewer or your septic field.

Yeah, google "Fatberg"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

no for real dont flush em. dont.