Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

The first Charlotte "moment" that comes to mind is what she did to Kairi Sane so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1247979400873697280

Ryan Satin sucks so much. He's both wrong and an rear end in a top hat.

Amp fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Apr 8, 2020

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1247979400873697280

Ryan Satin sucks so much. He's not wrong he's just such an rear end in a top hat.

Jake's "quarantined" in a hotel room, because DPP told Jake that if Jake did the AEW appearance, he couldn't come back into DDP's place for a couple weeks because there is a baby there:

quote:

Jake also revealed he’s currently quarantined in an Atlanta hotel room for a few weeks following his last live appearance on Dynamite in the makeshift crowd of talent.

“I’m quarantined in here. I was living with Dallas [DDP] and whenever all this started Dallas was one of the first people to say ‘I’m locking down. If you leave, you can’t come back.’ Well, AEW wanted me to come out, so … what did I do? I went and did it but then I couldn’t go back to Dallas’ house,” stated Roberts. “He had a baby in the house and nobody needs to be sick, especially around a baby. He took the hard line and said, ‘Dude, if you leave, you can’t come back.’

Leave it to Satin to make it sound like Jake is showing symptoms or anything.

And not to mention from the article:

quote:

AEW has reportedly filmed content to last the next few weeks, while WWE is reportedly set to resume filming at the Performance Center soon to film another batch of footage.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Tell me how the 20 jobbers that showed up literally for a Gronk dive spot in the 24/7 comedy title were essential, Satin.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
"Well, AEW wanted me to come out, so … what did I do? I went and did it"

What a total moron

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jake wanted to get some corona in a little baggy to wave at Archer's opponents.

Also Pinkie Sanchez is a good person. Please be nice to him.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

ICHIBAHN posted:

"Well, AEW wanted me to come out, so … what did I do? I went and did it"

What a total moron

He's probably broke, dude.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
DDP sure as poo poo did lock down hard, I never gave him my email address or any money whatsoever or even live in the same country and he still found a way to send me a bunch of emails in february saying the DDPY performance center was shutting down for a while

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1248045455466024960

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I can't even begin to parse the type of brain worms this boy has to call Flair one of the best women's wrestlers of all time. She legitimately wouldn't even break the top 20

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

RealFoxy posted:

I can't even begin to parse the type of brain worms this boy has to call Flair one of the best women's wrestlers of all time. She legitimately wouldn't even break the top 20

WWE said she was, that's all that matters.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

If you're parsing "women's wrestling" as "women's wrestling in the WWE," it's a lot easier to believe.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

i'd bathe in purell if I ever even tweeted Sean Ross Sapp

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

CarlCX posted:

If you're parsing "women's wrestling" as "women's wrestling in the WWE," it's a lot easier to believe.
I feel like such a nerd for pointing this out but Akira Hokotu, Aja Kong, and Meiko Satomura are actual legends that worked for the WWE :shrug:

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

RealFoxy posted:

I feel like such a nerd for pointing this out but Akira Hokotu, Aja Kong, and Meiko Satomura are actual legends that worked for the WWE :shrug:

Aja was there for a hot minute but coward Vince could not handle her big dick energy

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

RealFoxy posted:

Bull Nakano was the best part of Summerslam 94

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

RealFoxy posted:

That's kind of what I mean, yeah; in the context of the industry they're loving giants, but in the context of the WWE they barely matter. Aja Kong had, what, three matches in the WWE? Did Satomura ever show up outside the Mae Young II?

It's easy to minimize them and maximize Charlotte when your only barometer for success is what the WWE thought of them.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

am i missing where he said that

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I always mix up Sean Ross Sapp with the guy from Creed

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

RealFoxy posted:

He didn't say that, though.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Imagine discussing any of these as the greatest in WWE history when "The Fabulous" Moolah held the women's championship for decades!

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/ChrisMNovak/status/1248045516019171328

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

wow. Please stop saying the word greatest, before you embarrass your children and your children's children because of all of this.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

RealFoxy posted:

this boy has

I didn't know the Undertaker had an account here

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

davidbix posted:

“Biggest Star” is an even more hilarious statement to make considering every available metric

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

CarlCX posted:

That's kind of what I mean, yeah; in the context of the industry they're loving giants, but in the context of the WWE they barely matter. Aja Kong had, what, three matches in the WWE? Did Satomura ever show up outside the Mae Young II?

It's easy to minimize them and maximize Charlotte when your only barometer for success is what the WWE thought of them.
Satomura actually competed for the WCW women's title, back in the mid 90's.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

davidbix posted:

Technically, he said one of the biggest women stars of all time. Which, I GUESS is technically correct, there's no argument that the daughter of Ric Flair is one of the biggest names in wrestling. She's pushed as a star, but people aren't taking to it. There's half a dozen women CURRENTLY on the roster better at anything Flair does.

e: I didn't watch NXT and I'm just assuming Io won the match to wrestle against Charlotte

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Apr 9, 2020

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

El Gallinero Gros posted:

He's probably broke, dude.

Well how is living in a hotel and potentially pissing off his host and guardian angel going to help that? This is even more tragic having seen his promo on AEW. Could've sent that in remotely. What an idiot

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ichiban you seem to just be very angry about wrestlers in general over the past few months

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

ICHIBAHN posted:

Well how is living in a hotel and potentially pissing off his host and guardian angel going to help that? This is even more tragic having seen his promo on AEW. Could've sent that in remotely. What an idiot
You aren't supposed to post goon posts in the stupid opinion thread.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Isn't Charlotte one of the only main roster people who's actually reduced the NXT ratings when she was on?

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

njsykora posted:

Isn't Charlotte one of the only main roster people who's actually reduced the NXT ratings when she was on?

she actually increased them by 7,000 which apparently makes her a massive ratings draw or something

oh but seriously I posted:

Aja was there for a hot minute but coward Vince could not handle her big dick energy

Its funny since the match that offended Vince wasn't anything that shocking: it was a squash of Chaparita Ansari who'd have been offended had Kong not worked hard with

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Yeah, Io's gonna be bangin' off of all kinds of stuff. Concrete, tables, the back of Charlotte's hand....

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

There’s no reason for Charlotte to be worried about her spot in this match right? She’s a champion, she’s a wwe main eventer among nxt “minor leaguers”. She has no logical reason to not help put someone over. I fear for Io going into the match .

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

IceAgeComing posted:

Its funny since the match that offended Vince wasn't anything that shocking: it was a squash of Chaparita Ansari who'd have been offended had Kong not worked hard with

I'll take any opportunity to post this as it's my favourite squash ever

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

TV Zombie posted:

There’s no reason for Charlotte to be worried about her spot in this match right? She’s a champion, she’s a wwe main eventer among nxt “minor leaguers”. She has no logical reason to not help put someone over. I fear for Io going into the match .

You must be new here.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
So who are the Top 20 Women's wrestlers?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

ICHIBAHN posted:

The company is probably paying for it, they're aware of his circumstances

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I will hold out hope that Charlotte will do the right thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

So who are the Top 20 Women's wrestlers?

I’d have to think about it but it would be heavily dominated by Japan because for thirty years you had an all-women’s promotion that was successful and at times competed with the top male promotions; they ran the Tokyo Dome and sold out Budokan Hall, Osaka-jo Hall and all of the big Japanese wrestling buildings and created some legitimate mainstream stars.

In terms of names both of the Crush Gals make the list and probably top it; the Beauty Pair were big in the 70s; Dump Matsumoto wasn’t great in ring but worked brilliantly as AJWs top heel of the 80s; Jaguar Yokota was big in the early 80s; and then from the late 80s into the 90s you had the next group like Bull Nakano, Aja Kong, Manami Toyota, Akira Hokuto etc that not only kept their traditional audience (young women; a lot of the crowds at those mid 80s shows resemble pop gig crowds more than wrestling ones) while also legitimising women’s wrestling in the eyes of traditional male wrestling fans in Japan and your hardcore tape trading people outside.

In the US the current generation of WWE women would make the list but a lot of that was just how women’s wrestling was treated there for over 50 years. I don’t know a lot about women’s wrestling in the 50s but Mildred Burke is in the discussion; it terms of star power you probably have to talk about some of the Attitude Era women as well but I don’t know; and Mexico is a total blind spot for me.