Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Oasx posted:

Rich also put Renfamous on the list of most influential comicspeople, setting the entire alt-right/comicsgate sphere aflame. Let's not start attacking the people on our own side everytime they show the slightest flaw

As stated above, he's on whichever side makes him money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

"Influential" and "good" are not remotely synonyms.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Rhyno posted:

As stated above, he's on whichever side makes him money.

Bleeding Cool as a site about gossip and popculture news certainly is, Rich himself I think is a good guy.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
If you've ever read any of his comics, he definitely has a style of comedy that is, uh, dated. Watchmensch is entirely predicated on the classic bit "what if there were Jews and they just did.... heheh.... Jewish stuff?" and it did not give me strong solidarity vibes. He also did some Avengers pastiches where Iron Man was a really weird gag about Islamic terrorists with a big beard over his faceplate and stuff. At best he is an extraordinarily unfunny person.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
There is, and I think this is an important lesson applicable to many fields and not just this one, a vast gulf of difference between "not an active enemy" and "on our side." Many people, most people probably, fall into that gulf.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

There is, and I think this is an important lesson applicable to many fields and not just this one, a vast gulf of difference between "not an active enemy" and "on our side." Many people, most people probably, fall into that gulf.

This is an outlook I really need to get into my head.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rich Johnston is a mercenary grifter who's not above smearing people for clicks, but he's careful to not cut his audience in half by declaring a political allegiance. The guy and his site are definitely not good.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Lol

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1247988006113476612?s=20

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/SjwSpiderman/status/1248063061522632706

Somebody really ought to tell Mike.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1247934127220895745?s=20

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I like Tartamella's story starts with 'Joe Kubert told me I was awesome and I should go make Marvel hire me.'

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

That's clearly a fraudulent drawing. I have it on good authority Batman never sits.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Doug Tennapel makes me sad. He's one of the most talented artists of his generation and has a ton of imagination, and yet he's a close minded, hateful piece of poo poo. What a loving waste.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I don’t know how anyone would have ever thought of having a king sit on a throne if it weren’t for a drawing of Batman.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Isn't Mignola still working with Scott Allie on a very regular basis?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's likely, he and old Bitey have been friends for 20+ years now.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That's not even slightly the same image.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

muscles like this! posted:

No, they're both sitting in chairs with their hands on arm rests and spreading their legs. It's clearly a ripoff of his art, the first time any powerful male figure has ever been shown sitting legs akimbo in a throne.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

muscles like this! posted:

It’s easy to see how someone could be fooled. They obviously moved the camera before tracing vinnie’s art.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1248631610683031554

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

They certainly are finding out the hard way what its like to successfully blacklist yourself by spouting abhorrent views.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Skwirl posted:

No, they're both sitting in chairs with their hands on arm rests and spreading their legs. It's clearly a ripoff of his art, the first time any powerful male figure has ever been shown sitting legs akimbo in a throne.
There is a whole decades-long history of "King Conan sitting on his throne, brooding and alone" covers and artwork. It was even the final shot of the 1982 movie!

Wendell
May 11, 2003

FMguru posted:

There is a whole decades-long history of "King Conan sitting on his throne, brooding and alone" covers and artwork. It was even the final shot of the 1982 movie!

Thank you for proving that John Millius and Arnie ripped off that Batman drawing.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Wendell posted:

Thank you for proving that John Millius and Arnie ripped off that Batman drawing.
:monocle:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

That cover looks like an airbrushed t-shirt you’d buy from a booth in Myrtle Beach.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

I feel like I shouldn't poke the bear but I can't stop noticing how batman is pushing his hips (and thus crotch) out at an fairly unnatural angle.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Never trust a YouTuber whose handle is "The <blank> Guy/Girl." Also especially not That Star Wars Girl because she is bottomlessly awful and mines for outrage like a somewhat more put-together TheQuartering.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I personally wouldn't try to brag about inventing the manspread.

Ponsonby Britt
Mar 13, 2006
I think you mean, why is there silverware in the pancake drawer? Wassup?

FMguru posted:

Wendell posted:

No no no, they were ripping off Hal Foster, who was ripping off the Comicsgate guy.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1249009148043370497?s=20

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

You would think a woman would be able to draw breasts but welp.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
That’s easily the worst Vampirella that I’ve ever seen.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Dawgstar posted:

maybe if you're drawing tits for comicsgate you have to disregard anatomy studies... or basic decency

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Dawgstar posted:

Hey, that's discrimination.

Women can be lovely artists too.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I don't know how many of you have ever seen a man try to draw a penis, it ain't pretty.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

How Wonderful! posted:

I don't know how many of you have ever seen a man try to draw a penis, it ain't pretty.

Sure but that's anatomically correct

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

How Wonderful! posted:

You're not following the Legacy of Dominic Deegan thread, are you?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

How Wonderful! posted:

I've seen Superbad.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I've seen Superbad.

Some of those were down right beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
With Ribbit Coins being a failure, Ethan must juice the numbers of Robo Toad by attacking Darwyn Cooke's widow:

https://twitter.com/Nicest_Girl_Evr/status/1249648422061211648?s=20