Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

God drat it, I'm probably going to have to get Quibi now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-6Km3idRrE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Enos Cabell posted:

Holy poo poo

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I think I'm like, 1.25 seasons through Killing Eve and are these ladies ever going to gently caress

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.

The Chad Jihad posted:

I think I'm like, 1.25 seasons through Killing Eve and are these ladies ever going to gently caress

I don't have Hulu but I noticed Killing Eve was streaming through comcast so I started watching it, until I discovered that AMC is only streaming the first two episodes of season one and all of season two. AMC is awful at building audiences for their shows

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
It’s technically a BBC America show :eng101:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Enos Cabell posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-6Km3idRrE

There have been a lot of video game exclusives that eventually go on other consoles years later. I feel like the good Quibi content will get ported over to Youtube when Quibi craters a year from now.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Just look at Seeso for exactly how it will happen. Many Quibi creators are creating content that they are able to sew together into feature-length films clearly as a contingency. Which really goes against the point of the service entirely.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Watched Portrait of a Lady on Fire and I’m not sure if it is just because of being stuck at home away from everyone for the last few weeks but the move wrecked me. An absolutely beautiful film.

It’s on Hulu.

thatfuturekid
Jan 5, 2014
I’ve been watching the Shape of Pasta, Murder House Flip and I Promise (About LeBron’s school) as well as Survival and all are pretty great so far. And it’s easy to lay in bed and watch a few episodes of each show. But at the same time I’d be fine watching longer versions of these on Hulu or Netflix.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

A lot of King Bong's filmography went on US Hulu today including Parasite. Also watch The Host because it owns.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Friendly reminder that Y'all need to go watch Devs on Hulu immediately. This is one of the greatest things I have ever watched.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Yeah, agreed. Devs has knocked it out of the park so far, it's a beautifully crafted show.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

My wife and I discovered My Hotter Half on Netflix last night. It is just a terrible show. We were instantly hooked.

The basic gist is they take a couple and take photos on each of them individually. Then poll a bunch of random strangers if they would date the person in the picture. The winner is whoever gets the higher percentage of yes votes. They then give the loser a makeover and run another survey for the loser after the makeover. It is so dumb, but kind of an interesting sociological experiment.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

Tainen posted:

Watched Portrait of a Lady on Fire and I’m not sure if it is just because of being stuck at home away from everyone for the last few weeks but the move wrecked me. An absolutely beautiful film.

It’s on Hulu.

It's probably one of the best movies of all time.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

married but discreet posted:

It's probably one of the best movies of all time.

It was alright. I liked the painting parts.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Anyone know of any decent movies in the same vein as Red Dawn or Toy Soldiers?

Or something similar to The Faculty
or Cooties?

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Disturbing Behavior came out around the same time as The Faculty and I always thought they had a kind of similar tone, though Disturbing Behavior maybe took itself a little more seriously. Haven't watched it in a long long time though so not sure if I'm remembering correctly or if it holds up at all. For a funnier high school horror movie you can never go wrong with Idle Hands.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Sir Not Appearing posted:

or Cooties?

Fairly decent but quite a silly plot similar to Red Dawn is Bushwick which I think is on Netflix. It's a one shot film starring Dave Batista trying to escape New York after Texas secedes from the government and gets a bunch of southern states to join in and invade the North.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Peak Josh Hartnett. He was my celeb crush for most of the late 90s early 00s. Too bad he's a bad actor.

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Apr 10, 2020

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Peak Josh Hartnett. He was my celeb crush for most of the late 90s early 00s. Too bad he's a bad actor.

He was amazing in Penny Dreadful and totally redeemed himself.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Tim Whatley posted:

Fairly decent but quite a silly plot similar to Red Dawn is Bushwick which I think is on Netflix. It's a one shot film starring Dave Batista trying to escape New York after Texas secedes from the government and gets a bunch of southern states to join in and invade the North.

You also get to see the annoying weed dealer from Broad City get blown the gently caress up by an IED in like the first five minutes, so, worth a look.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Everyone should watch this show. Pity more people didn’t when it was on.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Yeah, Harnett and Eva Green were great in Penny Dreadful. I want more Eva Green on my TV.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

or Cooties?

Masterminds with Patrick Stewart maybe?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Great show but this is not true. He's he very definition of "good enough" in that show.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Wait what? I thought he was terrible in that, dragging down the overall quality of the show.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Devs is good but I loving hated that loving motherfucker so loving much and it just eats my loving guts that they pulled that "the hobo was a spy the whole time" bullshit and had him rescue Lily instead of having her give it to him, and only after he iced her ex boyfriend. This show makes me insanely angry and it's extremely good

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Finding out he was a spy was definitely the one lame moment of the show for me. I was having so much fun speculating what his purpose was and the answer wasn't very interesting. I don't really care who killed the security guy though. it was just nice to see him go to hell where he belongs.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
It's not really much of a stretch considering the main character's boyfriend was a Russian spy. Of course they would have someone keeping tabs on him.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Finished Futureman. Gotta say S3 was drat good.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Wooper posted:

Wait what? I thought he was terrible in that, dragging down the overall quality of the show.

No that was the writing. I don't understand the love for PD. It was good in S1 until they abruptly dumped the story and became about Eva Greene acting weird. I had to quit it in S2.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Field Mousepad posted:

It's not really much of a stretch considering the main character's boyfriend was a Russian spy. Of course they would have someone keeping tabs on him.

It wasn't a stretch at all. I just thought he was going to pan out to be a greater part of the puzzle than he ended up being.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

wormil posted:

No that was the writing. I don't understand the love for PD. It was good in S1 until they abruptly dumped the story and became about Eva Greene acting weird. I had to quit it in S2.

I think it was all good but they hosed up the ending, which is surprisingly common in television's new golden age.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Andrew Lloyd Webber is putting several Broadway performances of his works up on YouTube, one every week. This week is Jesus Christ:Super Star for obvious reasons. Though instead of the seminal performance from the 70s its the revival from a few years ago where Jesus and his followers are all Occupy Wallstreet protesters.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Andrew Lloyd Webber is putting several Broadway performances of his works up on YouTube, one every week. This week is Jesus Christ:Super Star for obvious reasons. Though instead of the seminal performance from the 70s its the revival from a few years ago where Jesus and his followers are all Occupy Wallstreet protesters.

Do you have a link to the channel they’re being posted to?

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

If Paul F Tompkins wanted to make some quick money during the quarantine, I’d pay to watch these with an “Andrew Lloyd Webber” commentary track

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Omg it’s worse than I even imagined

https://youtu.be/GpO4ohqx3os

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Good god that's one of the lamest jesus christ superstars ive ever seen.
I didnt think anyone would make one lamer than the 2000 one but holy poo poo at least that one had a few memorable qualities
Everyone has dreads, Jesus breaks a DJ's turntable, and Pontius Pilate is doing squats with his personal trainer. It's got an aesthetic and it's nailing it but it's incredibly cursed.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

God musicals are so loving whack. I felt embarrassed just trying to watch that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
I think Ozark finally broke me. Not sure why, but when Laura linney broke into that family's/ their old home and hosed with their stuff before leaving, it was just so casually and pointlessly evil. Purposefully taking away those kids' sense of security purely for pleasure, I mean, I know they've done hosed up things but something about that just totally killed my interest in the show.

Wouldn't watch a show that follows the zany antics of a child molester, and they've almost reached that level.