Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Wrestlemania have been postponed?
This poll is closed.
Yes. 44 28.76%
Yes. 109 71.24%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Love to get neck surgery so I can have one of the worst matches in Mania history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

oh but seriously I posted:

Almost everything they do is completely without joy. How do you make wrestling not fun?

Because the wrestlers have no creative input. They're drill trained, matches are laid out for them, and they're punished for improvising.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Tiger Ali social distance Singh. Bring him back if he’s alive

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

MJeff posted:

Love to get neck surgery so I can have one of the worst matches in Mania history.

He says he got positive feedback from his friends and coworkers. I'll assume the only one who actually meant it was Bret.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MJeff posted:

"If it's in front of nobody, I can't be booed for it *taps forehead*"

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Blaise330 posted:

He says he got positive feedback from his friends and coworkers. I'll assume the only one who actually meant it was Bret.
bret and shawn were happy it distracted from how interminably long their ironman match was

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
What are the odds Shawn agented that hour long gargano match

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Blaise330 posted:

What are the odds Shawn agented that hour long gargano match

I'm still thinking HHH did that and the also-eternally-long Edge/Orton Last Man Standing match

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Has WWE been pushing the network on Raw and Smackdown? You would think since they're showing old matches to pad for time they would use that to promote the network. Since, you know, everyone's stuck at home and looking for content to binge.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

I'm still thinking HHH did that and the also-eternally-long Edge/Orton Last Man Standing match

Hm, very strange WhatCulture and Ryan Satin haven't gotten any exclusive behind the scenes details for either of those segments

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Is WWE contractually obliged to produce brand new live shows for USA and Fox? I can’t imagine old episodes of Attitude Era Raw/Smackdown doing worse numbers than these awful empty arena shows.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It's pretty drat telling that we immediately knew who put together the Boneyard Match and Funhouse Match but the architects of Edge/Orton is apparently a loving mystery. Pretty sure we know exactly who it was, though.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Seams posted:

Is WWE contractually obliged to produce brand new live shows for USA and Fox? I can’t imagine old episodes of Attitude Era Raw/Smackdown doing worse numbers than these awful empty arena shows.

vince believes the virus can be intimidated by continuing to run shows.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Seams posted:

The shows with unprotected headshots to people who have sued them and women getting beaten down while the crowd calls them sluts? Eh might pop a rating. Do they have to bleep everytime they say WWF?

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

What if your father was exactly as bad as your teenage brain thought he was? What if you were morally correct to want to kill him? What then?

This is an analogy please do not murder anyone.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Blaise330 posted:

The shows with unprotected headshots to people who have sued them and women getting beaten down while the crowd calls them sluts. Eh might pop a rating. Do they have to bleep everytime they say WWF?

Pretty sure when they were getting ready to launch the Network they finally paid the pandas off so they didn't have to blur and bleep the thousands and thousands of occurrences of "WWF" on the shows.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I didn't think they ever had to blur the logo, Vince just did it because he was a spiteful rear end in a top hat.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
The WWF censoring made 2000s dvds SUCK. Even the logo on the ref's shirt would be blurred all match.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Blaise330 posted:

The shows with unprotected headshots to people who have sued them and women getting beaten down while the crowd calls them sluts? Eh might pop a rating. Do they have to bleep everytime they say WWF?

They could run Raw from any period other than the current one and get better ratings. People would prefer Doink vs Mantaur in the Manhattan Centre to the current product.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

vince believes the virus can be intimidated by continuing to run shows.

Vince actually loves COVID 19 because it really knows how to carry itself in a busy airport

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Seams posted:

They could run Raw from any period other than the current one and get better ratings. People would prefer Doink vs Mantaur in the Manhattan Centre to the current product.

They'd think they'd like that til they find out stonecold and the rock took up like 8 minutes of the show. Enjoy your 10 matches where 9 end in 3 minutes due to interference and the 10th is the headbangers vs the godwins or a tag team you can't remember and have no nostalgia for.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Blaise330 posted:

a tag team you can't remember and have no nostalgia for.

Hey, I liked T&A :mad:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Ryan Huckabee Satin

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Rarity posted:

Hey, I liked T&A :mad:

Is T still D?

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Y.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Gonzo McFee posted:

What happened to you to make you this way

The single hardcore wwe shill who always accepts what they put out on this forum is like a lich king where there always has to be one

One goes away, another will always rise to take it's place

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Mr. Carlisle posted:

The single hardcore wwe shill who always accepts what they put out on this forum is like a lich king where there always has to be one

At least banjo was funny on occasion

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

At least banjo was funny on occasion

Finding out who Banjo was the posting gimmick account(s) of is The Great Subforum Mystery that’ll never be solved and I’ll arbitrarily remember 20 years from now and smirk.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Finding out who Banjo was the posting gimmick account(s) of is The Great Subforum Mystery that’ll never be solved and I’ll arbitrarily remember 20 years from now and smirk.

Banjo was an anarchist commune IIRC

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Banjo the polycule John Cena fan club

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Banjo was great

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Rovert randomly becoming it after we went a whole, single week with 0 of them around was the wildest of those developments imo. Like we were actually free and peaceful. We didn't have another one anywhere in sight, even a random new account. And then he turned

PS no we don't need another one when the current one goes

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Rovert randomly becoming it after we went a whole, single week with 0 of them around was the wildest of those developments imo. Like we were actually free and peaceful. We didn't have another one anywhere in sight, even a random new account. And then he turned

PS no we don't need another one when the current one goes

That only lasted until Satin got hired instead of him though which will always be one of the funniest things that has happened here

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Seams posted:

I’m sure they are but I’m also sure there’s clauses for situations where it’s impossible to do so.

Also, Edge has been out for like a decade and just had his first singles match after working his rear end off for years to get back to this point. I’m willing to give him a pass for not accepting that it was boring as gently caress. Him being happy is great and while I think the match was terrible I’m not gonna jump the dude’s rear end over his enthusiasm.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Mr. Carlisle posted:

That only lasted until Satin got hired instead of him though which will always be one of the funniest things that has happened here

Didn’t he still downplay the whole ACH thing by saying he had problems while blaming us for not getting why Lacy is a good heel? I know the Satin hiring broke him. I was always kind of tolerant of him as he was a loon but he was OUR loon (by virtue of everyone else banning him). I have a soft spot for fellow cripples, bastards and broken things. I know the show sucked but I like that quote. On the other hand: We do have better scoopsgals and he did tend to make threads a bit shite. Just hope he gets the right meds and finds his peace one day. Great. Now he’s going to start tweeting WH again.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

We have CJ2 and Rarity we're fine on scoops and without the downsides

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
The Tag Titles seem to switch near monthly, if not weekly; like just recently miz/mo, seth/buddy (lol aopiss), street profits, kofi/big e, war raiders, seth and braun, i wanna say Ziggler/Roode had it at some point because why the gently caress not.

edit: gently caress, and this is just from 2018; and the RAW title, not smackdown

1. Cesaro (5) and Sheamus (4) January 28, 2018 Royal Rumble Philadelphia, PA 4 70 71

2*. Braun Strowman and Nicholas lol April 8, 2018 WrestleMania 34 New Orleans, LA 1 1 1 Strowman was obligated to find a partner for the match and chose Nicholas, a 10-year old boy from the live audience. Vacated April 9, 2018 Raw New Orleans, LA — Braun Strowman and Nicholas voluntarily relinquished the title due to "scheduling conflicts" with Nicholas being a fourth-grader and needing to attend school.

2. Bray Wyatt and Matt Hardy (3) April 27, 2018 Greatest Royal Rumble Jeddah, Saudi Arabia 1 79 80 Defeated Cesaro and Sheamus to win the vacant title.
3. The B-Team (Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel (2)) July 15, 2018 Extreme Rules Pittsburgh, PA 1 50 50 Curtis Axel was formerly known as Michael McGillicutty.
4. Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre (2) September 3, 2018 Raw Columbus, OH 1 49 49
5. Dean Ambrose (2) and Seth Rollins (4) October 22, 2018 Raw Providence, RI 2 <1 <1
6. Seth Rollins (4) October 22, 2018 Raw Providence, RI 2 14 14 Immediately after they won the title, Ambrose turned on Rollins, leaving Rollins to defend the title alone.
7. AOPiss (Akam and Rezar) November 5, 2018 Raw Manchester, England 1 35 34 Defeated Seth Rollins in a 2-on-1 handicap match.
8. Bobby Roode and Chad Gable December 10, 2018 Raw San Diego, CA 1 63 63 This was a 2-on-3 handicap match also involving AOPiss's manager, Drake Maverick. Roode pinned Maverick to win AOPiss's title.
9. The Revival (Dash Wilder and Scott Dawson) February 11, 2019 Raw Grand Rapids, MI 1 55 54
10. Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder April 7, 2019 WrestleMania 35 Kickoff East Rutherford, NJ 2 64 64
11. The Revival (Dash Wilder and Scott Dawson) June 10, 2019 Raw San Jose, CA 2 49 49 This was a triple threat tag team match, also involving The Usos (Jey Uso and Jimmy Uso)
12. Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson July 29, 2019 Raw Little Rock, AR 2 21 21 This was a triple threat tag team match, also involving The Usos (Jey Uso and Jimmy Uso)
13. Braun Strowman (2) and Seth Rollins (5) August 19, 2019 Raw St. Paul, MN 1 27 26
14. Dolph Ziggler (2) and Robert Roode (2) September 15, 2019 Clash of Champions Charlotte, NC 1 29 29 Robert Roode was formerly known as Bobby Roode.
15. The Viking Raiders (Erik and Ivar) October 14, 2019 Raw Denver, CO 1 98 98
16. Murphy and Seth Rollins (6) January 20, 2020 Raw Wichita, KS 1 42 41 On February 7, 2020, Buddy Murphy's ring name was shortened to Murphy.
17. The Street Profits (Angelo Dawkins and Montez Ford) March 2, 2020 Raw Brooklyn, NY 1 37+ 37+ This was a Now or Never match.

e2: and since I'm bored, here's smackdown from October 8, 2017. (lol the longest title reign, was the one I had completely wiped out of my mind and have no recollection of it, Spiderman and the Exalted One)

1. The Usos (Jey Uso and Jimmy Uso) October 8, 2017 Hell in a Cell Detroit, MI 3 182 182 This was a Hell in a Cell match. Big E and Xavier Woods represented The New Day.
2. The Bludgeon Brothers (Harper (2) and Rowan) April 8, 2018 WrestleMania 34 New Orleans, LA 1 135 135 This was a triple threat tag team match, also involving The New Day's Big E and Kofi Kingston. Harper was previously known as Luke Harper.
3. The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston, and Xavier Woods) August 21, 2018 SmackDown Brooklyn, NY 3 56 55 This was a No Disqualification match. Kingston and Woods won the match, but Big E was also recognized as champion under the Freebird Rule.
4. The Bar (Cesaro and Sheamus) October 16, 2018 SmackDown 1000 Washington, D.C. 1 103 102 Big E and Xavier Woods represented The New Day.
5. Shane McMahon and The Miz January 27, 2019 Royal Rumble Phoenix, AZ 1 21 21
6. The Usos (Jey Uso and Jimmy Uso) February 17, 2019 Elimination Chamber Houston, TX 4 51 51
7. The Hardy Boyz (Jeff Hardy and Matt Hardy) April 9, 2019 SmackDown Brooklyn, NY 1 21 20 — Vacated April 30, 2019 SmackDown Columbus, OH — — — The Hardy Boyz (Jeff Hardy and Matt Hardy) vacated the title due to Jeff suffering a knee injury that required surgery.
8. Daniel Bryan and Rowan (2) May 7, 2019 SmackDown Louisville, KY 1 68 68 Defeated The Usos (Jey Uso and Jimmy Uso) to win the vacant title.
9. The New Day (Big E and Xavier Woods) July 14, 2019 Extreme Rules Philadelphia, PA 4 63 62 This was a triple threat tag team match, also involving Heavy Machinery (Otis and Tucker). Stable member Kofi Kingston was not recognized as champion during this reign as he was the reigning WWE Champion.
10. The Revival (Dash Wilder and Scott Dawson) September 15, 2019 Clash of Champions Charlotte, NC 1 54 54
11. The New Day (Big E (5) and Kofi Kingston (4)) November 8, 2019 SmackDown Manchester, England 5 111 110 Stable member Xavier Woods was not recognized as champion during this reign as he was inactive due to an injury.
12. The Miz (2) and John Morrison February 27, 2020 Super ShowDown Riyadh, Saudi Arabia 1 41+ 41+

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Dave said on WOR that Vince actually wanted to have a second brawl for all and it was meant to be during the first season of NXT.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Imagine Husky Harris in a shoot fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Benne posted:

Imagine Husky Harris in a shoot fight

that was a later season of NXT

imagine me, Michael Tarver in a shoot fight