Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

yeah, ##vote Quidnose at least if I am wrong someone else has to be wrong with me and I can't blow it alone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
##vote quid

Dy, if you arent town, well played.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

So the only explanation from flips and claims we have seen for there being no kill N1 is Sandwolf's 1-shot jail, and if he used that N1 the only indicator I can see is a few mentions of vague suspicion of Amnistar. Otherwise all he talks about is AA. He certainly didn't jail dy, we know that. Am I missing some other thing that could have stopped a kill?
We should acknowledge that the scum powers are non-traditional here. I think if Sandwolf used his jail he would have claimed it, since it's a 1-shot and no reason not to.

Hal Incandenza posted:

If Sandwolf didn't jail someone and stop the kill then the other option is that was when the bomb or whatever was planted instead of doing a kill. That ALSO couldn't be dy, because if he planted a bomb on amnistar then AA would have tracked him unless dy somehow was track immune but that seems incredibly unlikely. Plus unless dy got AA's entire role PM I don't know how he would know to say he didn't get a message that AA visited him.

In order for it to be dy, he would have to be able to plant bombs, not done it N2 and known to lie about AA, and Sandwolf would have to have jailed one of IS/Toal/kaschei but he doesn't really mention them at all, he only mentions Amnistar.
Anything could have happened here. It is unlikely that the bomb was planted on N1, that's so early to have targeted b and AA who weren't paired until later in the game.

I think for the purposes of this vote you should assumed that I could have planted that bomb had I been scum. Just make the call from behavior.

Hal Incandenza posted:

So, I think it has to be quid or amni, and if Amni truly is unable to kill tonight I suppose the right vote is Quid, who I have felt was scummy all game. But at this point I feel a lot of evidence is pointing towards Amni too, just hope he truly is blocked from killing tonight.

dy, what do you think?
I've been trying not to push Quid too hard, because from my perspective it is the only right call.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Sweet, you guys chose well. This is either a win or we do it all tomorrow. Cross your fingers and hope scum don't have another bomb or something.

##vote Quid

:redhammer:

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Things were tense, as there seemed to be little, if any room for error. With most station operations shut down in the aftermath of Van Der Waals' death, putting the wrong person in suspended animation could leave them without enough hands to keep things from going completely off the rails. Especially if the conspirators killed again.

On the other hand, they weren't sure they could afford the time to let Logistics get back up and running. What if there was another bomb?

After much debate, it was decided that Dr. Unn Threestars would have to go. He hadn't been very forthcoming with information, nor a major participant at meetings. Furthermore, what had Medical done to stop the virus? The death toll had grown to over 1000, and at this point, it looked like the deaths would only stop once everyone on board the station had caught the virus and was consequently either resistant to further infection, or dead.

The scans turned up negative. He'd been trying his best to do his job, even if he hadn't had much success. It was too late to continue deliberations, though, so they agreed they'd all get a few hours of sleep and reconvene. A security detail was dispatched outside each council member's quarters and they slept fitfully, hoping for the best.

Fortunately, there were no further deaths that night, aside from those caused by the virus of course. Now things really were down to the wire however. There was a decision to make, and it would surely decide the fate of the station, possibly even the sector.

Quidthulhu, Dr. Unn Threestars, Chief of Medical (Town-Aligned Vanilla) has been put in suspended animation D5!

If there were any N6 actions, they have been submitted in advance in order to expedite the endgame and the results PMed prior to this post. We can therefore continue immediately.

No one died N5.

It is now D6!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 6

Not Voting (3): Amnistar, dy., Hal Incandenza

With 3 alive, it's 2 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

So, it's not dy.

##vote Hal

The fact that I wasn't brought into the posse or received a message from AA makes it pretty clear that Hal is lying about who they targetted.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Well poo poo.

I'm bummed one of you didn't fight against my plan harder, I figured that's how I would tell.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Amnistar posted:

The fact that I wasn't brought into the posse or received a message from AA makes it pretty clear that Hal is lying about who they targetted.
I don't think it was up to Hal though. He was the only member of that squad who wasn't fully trusted.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

dy. posted:

I don't think it was up to Hal though. He was the only member of that squad who wasn't fully trusted.

Those guys made their own decisions on what to do with their powers, we all had to submit the same person for the kill though

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

dy. posted:

Except I'm not in the posse. Which means b- did not target me. Even though hal is claiming that they did. And since you arent the last scum, hal is. Which means that hal lied about who b- targetted.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Anyway since dy didn't vote me my instinct was right yesterday, ##vote Amni

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amnistar posted:

Except I'm not in the posse. Which means b- did not target me. Even though hal is claiming that they did. And since you arent the last scum, hal is. Which means that hal lied about who b- targetted.

So who did b- target then? Not Dy, not quid.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Amnistar posted:

So, it's not dy.

##vote Hal

In this scenario, what would the purpose of that lie be?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

So who did b- target then? Not Dy, not quid.

I would assume no one and did the kill for the posse.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

dy. posted:

In this scenario, what would the purpose of that lie be?

Hal latched onto my assumption that the kill gal performed was the posse kill, making them unable to be scum performing the scum kill.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Amnistar posted:

Hal latched onto my assumption that the kill gal performed was the posse kill, making them unable to be scum performing the scum kill.

Sorry for butchering your name constantly Hal. My auto correct does not like it.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amnistar posted:

I would assume no one and did the kill for the posse.

Lol wouldn't b- want me, the claimed vanilla, to do it over the two people with roles that might be useful? Why would he even agree to not have me do it

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

Lol wouldn't b- want me, the claimed vanilla, to do it over the two people with roles that might be useful? Why would he even agree to not have me do it

That was my thinking as well. Except clearly B- didn't target me, like you're claiming was the plan, otherwise I would be in the posse.

you would have done a better job claiming that b- targetted someone that died to join the posse, so there was no chance of being caught out.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

Amni is your only role miller? That's what you claimed, right?

dy claimed vanilla

quid claimed.... ?

This is me immediately on the start of yesterday trying to see if you were secretly a PGO because I knew they visited you. I didn't outright ask because maybe you were gambitting that scum would try to kill you the next night or something

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Amnistar posted:

Scum is either Quid or Dy.

Hal had to have performed the NK for the posse, which means they didn't perform the scum night kill.

Both of them were targeted by ASF so that makes this MYLO.

And this is me, prior to your post.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

If b- had been able to recruit someone last night and AA hadn't died the posse would have retained a NK. AA could obviously catch the last scum.

There is no way those guys would agree that anyone but me would do the posse kill, if I even tried to get out of doing it I would have no logical explanation why

As for why you aren't recruited into a posse, I don't know the answer. Maybe the explosion took priority over all actions, who can say? There are more logical answers to that than to anyone but me doing the posse kill

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

If b- had been able to recruit someone last night and AA hadn't died the posse would have retained a NK. AA could obviously catch the last scum.

There is no way those guys would agree that anyone but me would do the posse kill, if I even tried to get out of doing it I would have no logical explanation why

As for why you aren't recruited into a posse, I don't know the answer. Maybe the explosion took priority over all actions, who can say? There are more logical answers to that than to anyone but me doing the posse kill

You clearly have to argue that because you're scum. I don't know *why* B- would have not recruited someone, but it's the only explanation that makes sense.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ok if b- was doing the kill why would AA visit the same person to track them? Hmmmmmmm???

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ok if b- was doing the kill why would AA visit the same person to track them? Hmmmmmmm???

Err...I'm not sure that AA and B- visited the same person?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amnistar posted:

Err...I'm not sure that AA and B- visited the same person?

Ah ok so I convinced both of them to visit different people who I had somehow planted bombs on so i could be free to go do the scum NK.

I get that you gotta try but hopefully Dy has this figured out

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ah ok so I convinced both of them to visit different people who I had somehow planted bombs on so i could be free to go do the scum NK.

I get that you gotta try but hopefully Dy has this figured out

Or, alternatively, you placed bombs on people throughout the game, and when it got down to just you left the bombs exploded.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Honestly not much point in us sniping at each other. We're both going talk about how the other is scum.

Dy. if you have any questions I'll be happy to answer.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amnistar posted:

Or, alternatively, you placed bombs on people throughout the game, and when it got down to just you left the bombs exploded.

I will laugh when we find out this is how you did it

Also I can't wait to find out if I was right about sandwolf. Maybe a stretch but I think he made those two posts about you because he jailed you and wasn't sure if you were the killer or the target. He doesn't normally make throwaway comments like that with no follow up

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

I'm going to look everything over during my work downtime for the next few hours. Will probably be posting questions to you both as I go.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

I will laugh when we find out this is how you did it

Also I can't wait to find out if I was right about sandwolf. Maybe a stretch but I think he made those two posts about you because he jailed you and wasn't sure if you were the killer or the target. He doesn't normally make throwaway comments like that with no follow up
Which two posts again?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

So there is a bit more content than I originally thought. Sandwolf actually is suspicious of amni end of D1

This is right at the start of D2, after Amni makes a sorta meh post voting merk

Sandwolf posted:

hmm, I think it might actually be Amni here..

Then right after the AA thing happened and he never really got back to it other than a couple brief mentions

Sandwolf posted:

Amnistar also being a little unlike himself here. Usually he's posting a lot and trying to figure out the game.

Sandwolf posted:

this just isn't... this doesn't even feel like Amni talking, I don't think I've ever seen you make a statement like that as town

before voting him.

Sandwolf posted:

Uhh ##vote amnistar

None of this is quite sounding like Amni, who’s usually committed to finding scum, will reread independently, way way more careful than putting D1 lunch in a list of suspects.

Sandwolf usually makes more complex cases with quotes and things when he is outright scumhunting. I think he was being a little lazy because he knew he had this result as well.

I could be wrong, this isn't a smoking gun, it's just something I noticed looking back at what happened to the N1 kill

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Why wouldn't he just hard claim though? He was a 1-shot.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

dy. posted:

Why wouldn't he just hard claim though? He was a 1-shot.

That's true, although we didn't know that and maybe he wanted to see how it played out.

But if he didn't stop the kill with a jail then scum couldn't kill and plant bombs the same night apparently so then Amnistar's theory that I trapped both AA and b- separately can't be true. If that isn't true then there is no explanation why b- and AA would visit the same person the night they died if b- was doing the kill.

Amni is in a corner here and trying to find a way it could be possible for me to have killed grandicap instead of him but there really isn't one.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

*shrug* I am trying to figure out how you pulled it off is all.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Besides, there were 2 bomb deaths and only 1 night without a night kill.

Claiming bombs had to be set in place of a kill, doesnt make sense.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Yeah I keep going back and forth on the bomb thing.

I'm back to the theory that AA and b- targeted the same person last night and ran into a trap. It would make sense; with only one scum left AA's track would validate that whoever entered the masonry was town.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amnistar posted:

Besides, there were 2 bomb deaths and only 1 night without a night kill.

Claiming bombs had to be set in place of a kill, doesnt make sense.

Right which is why I think you have some sort of self-trapping ability, it's the only thing that makes sense.

If there was one bomb, it can't be me.

If there were multiple bombs, then we have to figure out where N1 kill went because scum could kill and plant bombs the same night. That has to be Sandwolf. The only person sandwolf mentions besides dy/aa is you, and he calls you on in his first post of the day.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Hal could you guys all communicate separately, or did all of the conversation have to go through b-?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

If there were multiple bombs, then we have to figure out where N1 kill went because scum could kill and plant bombs the same night. That has to be Sandwolf. The only person sandwolf mentions besides dy/aa is you, and he calls you on in his first post of the day.
We know that the scum have gotten "more powerful," which means their powers have changed. The lack of a kill N1 could very well be tied to that. It doesn't have to be Sandwolf.