Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
who is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Sagebrush posted:

what's a good lever action carbine?

i try really hard to not get into gunchat as i believe ppl are super nervous about it, but you want to look into Rossi brand at this point. they make good leverguns at a good price. The rest are $1,700 cowboy cosplay poo poo. PM me if you wanna dig deep, my favorite rifle style ever is the "brooklyn scout" which is a levergun with a pistol scope. i know about such things.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Lonnie is the grandma's husband?

I'm super glad everyone spent years learning trivia about thousands of people and now we can watch them and their loved ones die while we also do that with our own loved ones and ourselves

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jabor posted:

does your boss not do paye withholding or something

i always figured submitting the form asking for zero withholding was like putting up a sign saying "please audit me"

she’s a contractor so it’s just her responsibility

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

fire her. and be rude about it (the best way to fire idiots)

she would burn my house down with only my children in it

haveblue posted:

yeah it's gonna be a real problem when any attempt to back off on prevention measures causes a spike in cases

the best we can do is build up the healthcare system to the point that we have the capacity to treat all anticipated cases and remove obstacles to people seeking treatment

so, we're dead

we have a 4 level system and 4 is lockdown which is now but 3 still enforces social distancing and maybe hospitality still turned off idk. we’re keeping our borders closed

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

boarders/bio security going to be a big deal once this is over

hoping our freedom of movement isn’t lost indefinitely

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
like what coming to the south island

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Psyched for the 4 day weekend I'm going to make so many bad glowy things in blender

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i’m literally watching a blender how to

plz post in blender thread plz

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

I used to spend hours messing with trial or probably pirated 3d modelling programmes as a child, like just making boring models of tables or whatever and now I feel like I should try again 20 years later when good software is free but all my imagination has been drained out and ehhhhhhhh

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

also actual wfh question, is there any decent generic webcam background software? the snap camera one is a bit poo poo and our vid conferences are all webex based which doesn't support it natively

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Stereotype posted:

does anyone even do work anymore

My job largely consists of not doing any actual work (coordinating between teams, helping people who don’t know wtf, hunting down people who didn’t know wtf and did it anyways), and I am getting a poo poo ton of that done.

I am much less stressed about things in general not having to commute in an out of work.

tk fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Apr 9, 2020

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

also actual wfh question, is there any decent generic webcam background software? the snap camera one is a bit poo poo and our vid conferences are all webex based which doesn't support it natively

I’m using obs plus chromacam.me with teams and it works fine

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

The Fool posted:

I’m using obs plus chromacam.me with teams and it works fine

thx will check that out for next week.

despite working in a global IT team of alleged professionals I am apparently the only one who's worked out how to inject filters into the camera stream for webex and am now the official management meeting webex pest lmao

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Outside of research and some business office people the university is pretty much shut down at this point so now that we've gotten a lot of wfh issues ironed out it has been pretty quiet.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Fabricated posted:

Outside of research and some business office people the university is pretty much shut down at this point so now that we've gotten a lot of wfh issues ironed out it has been pretty quiet.

our student enrollment may drop by as much as 30%, which is something

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

i started this week with slightly more motivation to work but that has since pretty much evaporated

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

SO DEMANDING posted:

i started this week with slightly more motivation to work but that has since pretty much evaporated
big same

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

SO DEMANDING posted:

i start out strong but lunch beers end it for me

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Alameda county finally has a dashboard up for tracking its cases now I guess

671 baby! (16 deaths)

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

i try really hard to not get into gunchat as i believe ppl are super nervous about it, but you want to look into Rossi brand at this point. they make good leverguns at a good price. The rest are $1,700 cowboy cosplay poo poo.

what, no, this isnt true. a marlin 1895 .45-70 is like $650 all day long and they're among the best. like yeah cowboy cosplay exists but you can also just order the gun that they're cosplaying as that is still made and is great

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Obviously you should buy a Henry ™️

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Achmed Jones posted:

what, no, this isnt true. a marlin 1895 .45-70 is like $650 all day long and they're among the best. like yeah cowboy cosplay exists but you can also just order the gun that they're cosplaying as that is still made and is great

oh yeah i totally forgot about those. sure wouldnt want to try to find .45-70 in hellworld apocalypse tho.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I'm working from home because of the Coronavirus, y'all

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

got to sign the employee work from home agreement which says the company can come over and inspect my home workspace whenever they want and also they might even give me a warning beforehand

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Shaman Linavi posted:

got to sign the employee work from home agreement which says the company can come over and inspect my home workspace whenever they want and also they might even give me a warning beforehand

lol what

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Shaman Linavi posted:

inspect it for what, exactly? that you haven't connected an non-approved devices to it

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
today's wfh schedule: tikka masala, meeting, take a gigantic poo poo, meeting, meeting, maybe do work

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Shaman Linavi posted:

lmao

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Shaman Linavi posted:

what the

expand on this, please

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

what the

expand on this, please

op makes bootleg, yet still high quality, n 95 masks.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I wonder if that's in the WFH thing I supposedly would have to get signed off if I wanted to WFH regularly outside of the current circumstances?

IDK I was kind of thinking about it before all this and now that I have things pretty set up I might just make it a more common thing

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
all this day drinking is killing me and i don't think i could handle constant wfh

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

dragon enthusiast posted:

today's wfh schedule: tikka masala, meeting, take a gigantic poo poo, meeting, meeting, maybe do work

so tikka masala and four meetings then?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I hate leaf blowers more than anything else. Why are you using 5 leaf blowers for an hour every week in an empty and unused parking garage?? How is this essential? Go home you loving losers or buy a god dam broom jesus christ.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
conducting interviews over a laptop is rly bad

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Agile Vector posted:

so tikka masala and four meetings then?

hell yeah

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Salt Fish posted:

I hate leaf blowers more than anything else. Why are you using 5 leaf blowers for an hour every week in an empty and unused parking garage?? How is this essential? Go home you loving losers or buy a god dam broom jesus christ.

oh my god this.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Salt Fish posted:

you should have to pass some sort of federal certification and pay large licensing fees to own a leaf blower.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Salt Fish posted:

currently listening to a leaf blower crew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Trabisnikof posted:

leaf blower crew

a grossly underappreciated group of session musicians imo