Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Mr. Humalong posted:

Soon means action success. That’s it.

I guess a bunch of people could have been poisoned sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
rolecopped infi (i dont remember if anyone did already)

doesnt seem practically scummy

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

flerp posted:

rolecopped infi (i dont remember if anyone did already)

doesnt seem practically scummy

There was a whole thing yesterday where GOTG dramatically revealed Inf’s role

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Your Personal Muse posted:

There was a whole thing yesterday where GOTG dramatically revealed Inf’s role

was there? sorry i glossed over a lot of night action mafia stuff tbh

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
oh no now two of us have no avs so it looks like it's just one person talking to themself

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
oh whoops ur right ROFL

hosed up

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I have no idea what youre talking about hum.

I actioned steak

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
hello

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Anyhow what is my role im curious to know

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

flerp posted:

oh whoops ur right ROFL

hosed up

Owned

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

cant believe not reading would be my downfall

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

flerp posted:

cant believe not reading would be my downfall

By the way, just to make sure it wasn’t an even bigger scum gambit then I thought it was, you got the same role that GOTG did right?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
humalong, can you fullclaim my role please?

i didnt get any results apart from "soon" but i'd still really like to know it

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
or in the absence of that, can you tell me whether claiming who i targeted would give you any useful info at all, or if not

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I think I hate GOTG the most now

Gamerofthegame posted:

why

they're both lurkers who made a weird post!!

help the dragon/etr/toal pushes feel like the weirdest thing

Bashed the last minute swing to ETR day 1 despite voting for him and then five minutes before deadline

Defended ETR day 2 using the same reasonings of day 1 (not quoted because it was literally just him quoting a day 1 defense to one of my questions)

Gamerofthegame posted:

I feel the ETR lunch now, but the D1 push on him over basically nothing still pings as a weird set up to me.

among other things, this feels like scum fishing to get town to give up on information to catch a scum rolecop out on their lies

##vote ETR, that's -2 so don't get to excited.

He votes ETR but throws shade at the swing at the same time, presumably so no one got town cred. Given ETR self voted, I’m guessing he gave the go ahead to bus at some point

##vote gotg

Discuss

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
Seriously, no one rolecopped me? Okay fine. Here's what I have anyway.

I submitted a night action on YPM on night 1 because I hosed up. I got "soon" and then another word, one that hasn't been seen in anyone else's role PM yet so I don't know specifically what it decodes to.

Last night, on the theory that me getting a unique result meant something useful, I submitted a night action on gamer. I got "soon," and then a different word.

Theory: I'm the cop. The words indicate alignment. It's one of the few roles I can think of that would get a single word back but not any player name or just success/failure.

Theory: YPM and GOTG don't share an alignment.

If someone copped me we can know for sure if I'm right and which word decodes to which alignment. Although I've been leaning town on YPM and scum on gamer anyway, so.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

By the way, just to make sure it wasn’t an even bigger scum gambit then I thought it was, you got the same role that GOTG did right?

yeah, flavor name and all

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

spacing in vienna posted:

I submitted a night action on YPM on night 1 because I hosed up. I got "soon" and then another word, one that hasn't been seen in anyone else's role PM yet so I don't know specifically what it decodes to.

Last night, on the theory that me getting a unique result meant something useful, I submitted a night action on gamer. I got "soon," and then a different word.

Theory: I'm the cop. The words indicate alignment. It's one of the few roles I can think of that would get a single word back but not any player name or just success/failure.

If someone copped me we can know for sure if I'm right and which word decodes to which alignment. Although I've been leaning town on YPM and scum on gamer anyway, so.

I would like to murder GOTG and this solidifies it more

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

while im all for that, it could just as easily be a role that tells you whether the person used a rolecop or an action

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Steak posted:

or in the absence of that, can you tell me whether claiming who i targeted would give you any useful info at all, or if not

Ok so I can tell you your role but it would drastically diminish your power. Up to you if you really want to know. Telling me your target would be helpful because it would tell me who you think is the most towny

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Mr. Steak posted:

while im all for that, it could just as easily be a role that tells you whether the person used a rolecop or an action

Discuss my case on GOTG then, instead of telling us why we can’t rely on anything ever

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Humalong posted:

Ok so I can tell you your role but it would drastically diminish your power. Up to you if you really want to know. Telling me your target would be helpful because it would tell me who you think is the most towny

dang, ok. dont tell me it then

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
on the offchance i offer some sort of protection at night (dont answer that), and you've stated i can't target te same person twice in a row, i think i should be quiet on who i targetted.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

What were the words? You could be a flavor cop

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Steak posted:

I mean, it could. But in hidden mafia 1, I was a doctor. I don't think it's a ridiculous leap to guess we have a cop.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Discuss my case on GOTG then, instead of telling us why we can’t rely on anything ever

I like the case and it echoes the same feelings I have had about gamer

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Humalong posted:

What were the words? You could be a flavor cop

True. I'm going to share one of them, but not the other, because if someone rolls up and claims to have rolecopped me now, I want to be able to verify that.

For YPM the word was "vegeta."

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Did anyone else notice ETR flipped with no flavor name? Everyone else has had one

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

I would like to murder GOTG and this solidifies it more

Btw I like your case, I didn't say so because I missed it before I posted. Kind of funny to refresh and see that.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Humalong posted:

Did anyone else notice ETR flipped with no flavor name? Everyone else has had one

It's weirder than that, unless I'm reading this wrong. Because it looks to me like his flavor name was scum-aligned while his actual alignment was ???

Yami Fenrir posted:

:rip: Eat The Rich, Scum-Aligned Republican Car (???-Aligned Crazy Taxi) was lunched Day 2. :rip:

It is now Night 2.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

It's weirder than that, unless I'm reading this wrong. Because it looks to me like his flavor name was scum-aligned while his actual alignment was ???

oh gently caress, good cstch. i sort of assumed that was what would appear if you copped him, but.... youre right that the alignment has always been in the parentheses. yami you troll! i bet he was town

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Also, just to be clear, I'm not saying I'm definitely the cop -- just that getting conflicting results on two players made it seem plausible enough that I decided to announce it.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

This was a freak pasting error. It's fixed now.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yami Fenrir posted:

This was a freak pasting error. It's fixed now.

oh lol welp

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Of course a Republican would be scum

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I have no idea what youre talking about hum.

I actioned steak

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Anyhow what is my role im curious to know

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Hasanyone rolecopped me

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

has anyone rolecopped ME?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
so etr flipped scum.

problem is, I am still :thinking: on the whole ETR push d1 and my previous comment re:etr got bussed because he couldn't be super active stands.

ypm and bif had back and forth d1 that felt super hollow to me, which I think I commended on at some point but whatev. I was leaning more scum bif, but hey, here we are.

I don’t like this lunch. I know I’m voting for it but it’s an easy lunch that scum can jump onto because they can pretend they are mad at Toal or tsk tsk us for murdering him.

I am much more inclined to lunch ETR over you. I didn’t like his response to my question about the Toal lunch and he seems to be scrambling to find a place to park his vote that won’t be suspicious.

Im still weary of Amni, but I think Amni’s points re: Toal’s misrepresentation of Amni’s history are correct, which of course refuted my case that Amni wasn’t really scumhunting.

ypm more or less started the big push at the end of d1, although sentiment was already there. best outcome; a no lynch, second outcome ypm looks town for nailing a scum out of nowhere, good job. but the whole push on etr in the first place still felt kind of out of no where, particularly d1 when the case was "focused on lurkers (like everyone else given the targets of the day was toal and etr) and was slightly weird," then kept hammering it d2.

etr hammered himself, which I think was part of the gambit to ensure there wasn't a last minute swerve so ypm still looked good in the end.

I don’t like this lunch. I know I’m voting for it but it’s an easy lunch that scum can jump onto because they can pretend they are mad at Toal or tsk tsk us for murdering him.

I am much more inclined to lunch ETR over you. I didn’t like his response to my question about the Toal lunch and he seems to be scrambling to find a place to park his vote that won’t be suspicious.

Im still weary of Amni, but I think Amni’s points re: Toal’s misrepresentation of Amni’s history are correct, which of course refuted my case that Amni wasn’t really scumhunting.

this also seems hollow to me cuz again, ypm started it

also also

Someone make me and ETR confirmed masons

what if they already were :tinfoil:

that said!!

I did a night action on last night hum, because gosh darnit I hate that hum, while ypm d1 did a rolecop. it's possible the result could be that.

Hi, I was successful in my rolecop on Amni

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I didn’t start the lunch on Toal????