Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Salt Fish posted:

I hate leaf blowers more than anything else. Why are you using 5 leaf blowers for an hour every week in an empty and unused parking garage?? How is this essential? Go home you loving losers or buy a god dam broom jesus christ.
Tell them to stay home and then play this instead:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke41QysEhuQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
they actually banned leaf blowers in residential palo alto but it's not enforced. at least you can come outside shaking a printout of the ordinance at the gardener who probably barely speaks english. also they're exempt if the blower is electric. that does at least avoid the awful two stroke motor noise but it still sounds like a leaf blower

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

mystes posted:

Tell them to stay home and then play this instead:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke41QysEhuQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLZlxVzoG9Y&t=776s

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

President Beep posted:

a grossly underappreciated group of session musicians imo

I preferred their earlier project, blew man group

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Roosevelt posted:

our student enrollment may drop by as much as 30%, which is something

our university is estimating 15% next semester, almost entirely due to students being unable to afford tuition after losing their jobs.

a while back everyone was panicking because with no international travel there will be no international $tudents but since china totally fixed their coronavirus problem no deaths any more everything fine all the time it looks like that won't be an issue.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Sagebrush posted:

our university is estimating 15% next semester, almost entirely due to students being unable to afford tuition after losing their jobs.

a while back everyone was panicking because with no international travel there will be no international $tudents but since china totally fixed their coronavirus problem no deaths any more everything fine all the time it looks like that won't be an issue.

the number of students who will want to travel from under control area right into the us’s third wave in the fall is probably... not high?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

I used to spend hours messing with trial or probably pirated 3d modelling programmes as a child, like just making boring models of tables or whatever and now I feel like I should try again 20 years later when good software is free but all my imagination has been drained out and ehhhhhhhh

do it

PCjr sidecar posted:

the number of students who will want to travel from under control area right into the us’s third wave in the fall is probably... not high?

yeah the US is about as attractive of a destination for .. idk pretend I know some poo poo about history maybe pearl harbour during that summer slam in the 40s

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i have a gas leaf blower that also works as a vacuum and it rules for cleaning my garage.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i have a gas leaf blower that also works as a vacuum and it rules for cleaning my garage.

i've tried this with my shopvac but basically what it does is blows all my small tools out into the street

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

rotor posted:

i've tried this with my shopvac but basically what it does is blows all my small tools out into the street

please keep ur pants up when outside, especially when in the front yard! and stay away from the drat road.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

detachable peeeee nis

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

detachable peeeee nis

literally the first mp3 i ever downloaded from napster

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Sagebrush posted:

detachable peeeee nis

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

that poo poo was some Dr. Demento grade bullshit EYE EM OH

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

rotor posted:

that poo poo was some Dr. Demento grade bullshit EYE EM OH

was it not literally dr. demento? i'm pretty sure that's what the filename said when i, too, got it from napster in 1999

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

no it was King Missile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIUk08iYZKE

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
it was king missile. even i know this!

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

President Beep posted:

!!!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i know, right?!?!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

are you saying that Detachable_Penis_-_Dr._Demento_-_fUnnY_parody_Weird_Al_64kbps_-_REAL_LIVE_mp3.exe is somehow not all it claims to be??

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

are you saying that Detachable_Penis_-_Dr._Demento_-_fUnnY_parody_Weird_Al_64kbps_-_REAL_LIVE_mp3.exe is somehow not all it claims to be??

this sort of thing happened all the time before we passed the Truth In Filenames Act in 2006

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

rotor posted:

you should have to pass some sort of federal certification and pay large licensing fees to own a leaf blower.

the backpack ones make me feel like a ghostbuster which as we all know is a legally unsound practice without extensive licensure and/or permitting

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

President Beep posted:

a friend's older brother got us into king missile in middle school

surprisingly good for a spoken word band, though that might've just been an artifact of the 90s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H00Uf597sgg

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
my mother is working from home for the first time and she’s loving it

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
trying really hard not to smoke any weed before 4:20pm

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

whew it's 4:20. blaze it motherfuckers

yes i still have two video calls today, what of it

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

god speed you, blazed conference participant

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

I keep getting daily STEP alert emails from the US state department about how to get back there from NZ and lol nope

to be fair to whoever writes these their main audience is probably people on vacation

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

Shaman Linavi posted:

got to sign the employee work from home agreement which says the company can come over and inspect my home workspace whenever they want and also they might even give me a warning beforehand

I think I’ve got this too, it’s an OHS thing. if you work from home that’s your place of work and we have a no fault work comp scheme so if you trip over your cat at home it’s claimable.

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
there’s going to be billions in these worker’s compensation claims paid out for mental health being harmed by wfh too, it’s just one of like 642 things that are going to be completely upside down in six months coz of the rona.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

I think I’ve got this too, it’s an OHS thing. if you work from home that’s your place of work and we have a no fault work comp scheme so if you trip over your cat at home it’s claimable.

it would be funny if they made your cats wear orange safety vests and beep whenever they walk around

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Crusader posted:

tried to faceswap with will riker for all my meetings today with terrible results

These Deep Frakes videos are getting uncanny.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

beep!

...hey wait a minute

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Progressive JPEG posted:

I keep getting daily STEP alert emails from the US state department about how to get back there from NZ and lol nope

to be fair to whoever writes these their main audience is probably people on vacation

i get these in china too. who enrolls in step on vacation though

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I took next week off because I have no desire to do anything

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
it’s weird but I definitely came across this song via physical album rather than digital download

related mood:

https://twitter.com/kennethlogins/status/1210040737129213952?s=21

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

NoneMoreNegative posted:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

have you ever visited the uncanny valley?

have you ever contrived a digital abomination before god?

have you ever wondered what you’d look like as a character in the 1992 blockbuster the lawnmower man?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

NoneMoreNegative posted: