Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Soylent Pudding posted:

We don't have to go to war now. We should solidify our own position. But gently caress if we don't get our Bagration on when the time is right.

Oh absolutely!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Banemaster
Mar 31, 2010
Yet again I was inspired by this LP (for like third time) to install and play this mod... And every time I get little bit to the game I just lose all the interest on continuing because of all the jank. I wish I had more tenacity to see how deep this rabbit hole goes but I think my brain might melt before that.

The sheer quantity of pointless details is just staggering. There is about 100 different farms types for everything from Alpacas to Beans and from Sponges to Cactus. There is random chance of getting Starsigns when recruiting units. There is almost 200 different Myth buildings, most related to different hunt-able and animals. Tons of different resources, some of them not doing anything outside of being produced.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Banemaster posted:

Yet again I was inspired by this LP (for like third time) to install and play this mod... And every time I get little bit to the game I just lose all the interest on continuing because of all the jank. I wish I had more tenacity to see how deep this rabbit hole goes but I think my brain might melt before that.

The sheer quantity of pointless details is just staggering. There is about 100 different farms types for everything from Alpacas to Beans and from Sponges to Cactus. There is random chance of getting Starsigns when recruiting units. There is almost 200 different Myth buildings, most related to different hunt-able and animals. Tons of different resources, some of them not doing anything outside of being produced.

If you want some of the detail without nearly as much jank, play the Rise of Mankind mod, it expands the game in the same directions...without some of the...unsavory design decisions we've seen here.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

AJ_Impy posted:

Let's kill Hitler.

We'll have plenty of time to kill Hitler.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:

AJ_Impy posted:

Let's kill Hitler.

Xelkelvos posted:

We'll have plenty of time to kill Hitler.

You know what, let's put that to a vote.

Jossar's Playthrough - Bash the Fash Vote

EDIT: I have been informed that what I thought was a coding error is actually a feature of baseline Civ IV where as long as Sea/Ocean exists within your territorial borders you can traverse it independent of sub-terrain modifiers. My apologies to the C2C devs... at least for this bit.

Anyways, testing shows that we can invade now in the Prehistoric because the culture bump that brought us into contact extended our territorial reach all the way to the coastal waters of the next continent. Even if it does work the vast majority of my economy stops as I devote Karakorum and Persepolis' production solely towards military. No buildings, no more settlers/cities. If this 100% cannot work at this point in the game (probably because I can't fit Elephants on the boats for some reason and without them the Atlatls are too formidable a defense) then i'll reset things to now, but if it can be done at all, then whatever the aftermath is what we're sticking with no matter how ruinous.

Go through with the invasion?

Vote ends 24 hours from the time of this post.

Jossar fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Apr 9, 2020

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Kill Hitler.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Seems reasonable enough. Let's get that Caveman Hitler!

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Bash That Fash.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Kill Hitler

Also they should probably remove the giant [PARAGRAHP:2] in the middle of that civilopedia entry

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Jossar posted:

Through testing, I have discovered that for some stupid coding reason, intentional but invisible or otherwise, War Canoes can cross the Sea gap. I should probably recheck if the other boats can do it too, but at the very least these work. This means I can take the fight to Hitler now in the Prehistoric instead of later.

Any water tile within your own cultural borders can be passed through regardless of Sea/Ocean limitations. It was like this in base Civ 4 as well, and though I never quite pointed it out in my LP, the reason I can send workboats to far out sea resources like the Whales above my capital (which are on an ocean tile IIRC).

So not really an exploit.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Only registered members can see post attachments!

sincx fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Mar 23, 2021

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Super Jay Mann posted:

Any water tile within your own cultural borders can be passed through regardless of Sea/Ocean limitations. It was like this in base Civ 4 as well, and though I never quite pointed it out in my LP, the reason I can send workboats to far out sea resources like the Whales above my capital (which are on an ocean tile IIRC).

So not really an exploit.

That seems really weird for cases that are precisely like this even in regular Civ!

Oh well, whatever works. Post edited and apology made. Got to assign fault and lack of fault where due.

Jossar fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Apr 9, 2020

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Why is Hitler here anyway

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Would have been funnier if we fought him in the future so I could use Blazko's "Nazis dead. Nazi robots dead. Broke all your poo poo" but I will take turning him into a fossil for our future oil deposits.

Kill Hitler

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Grapplejack posted:

Why is Hitler here anyway

A combination of the devs putting everything in the game that they can and a few of the devs being at least right-wing adjacent if some of the more biotruthy poo poo is any indication

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Hitler delenda est

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

Jossar posted:

Go through with the invasion?
Does this really need to be asked? ;)

Let's kill Hitler

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Kill Hitler!

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Why invent macos if you're not going to bash the fash?

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

I'd have to know where Berlin is to have an actual answer to that question: what you're seeing is a later settled city.

If it's roughly equidistant from Tenduk as everything else then it's just like Persepolis and can be kept without too much trouble. The AI usually doesn't settle that far away from its capitol this early, so that should be good news.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

I have no idea if it's good gameplay or makes strategic sense but it doesn't matter: bash the fash.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Danger 5, your mission, as it always is, is to Kill Hitler.

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

On my honor as the Dawnspear.
Kill Hitler

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

In the words of Jeb Bush,

You gotta step up and kill baby Hitler

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

There is a big positive thing about putting Hitler in a game, you get to kill him. :black101::hitler:

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

March upon his cities, crush his armies, reduce his dreams to naught but nightmares. But keep Hitler alive until the very end so he can witness the destruction of everything he believed in.
So basically, wipe out his civilization, and say that he was thrown into the gulags.

Also, at least he's a civilization leader and not a Great General?

Yessod
Mar 21, 2007

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Geshtal
Nov 8, 2006

So that's the post you've decided to go with, is it?

overmind2000 posted:

A combination of the devs putting everything in the game that they can and a few of the devs being at least right-wing adjacent if some of the more biotruthy poo poo is any indication

To be fair, they put in all of the major powers' World War II leaders, so conceivably you could set up a scenario. On the other hand, one only has to look at the entry for Roma culture and the Irish unique unit to see there is definitely some very questionable threads running through an otherwise excellent mod.

As to the main question, of course Kill Hitler. You can reach him thanks to your sea borders, but his ships cannot reach your shores. I don't remember where Hamburg falls in the German city list, but it's not the capital so he has at least two cities, maybe more. These might be way too much for your early economy to handle, so if it is even open to discussion, raze away!

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

overmind2000 posted:

i also feel like there's a certain kind of edgelord who plays this sort of games and constantly goes WELL IT'S ALL NOTABLE LEADERS FROM HISTORY AND HITLER WAS CERTAINLY NOTABLE??? THEY PUT IN STALIN WHO IS ALSO BAD WHY NOT HITLER

(this almost certainly has like a 90% overlap with the devs also being alt-right chuds)

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

quote:

Omega Child Crews in new cities

Excuse me? This sounds like some kind of super-soldier program.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

sincx posted:

If humanity actually had continent-wide civilizations at 11000 BC, we'd all be living the luxury space communism life already.

Reality sucks.

Please do not engage in Hwan Empire erasure

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Surprisingly enough, I am ostensibly behind the "official" curve so far. The Ancient Era is supposed to start at 12,000 BCE and projections show I won't be hitting it until at least 10,500 BCE, give or take a few turns. Admittedly the beginning of the game is the slowest part of the game (both because you're getting your engine online and the first two eras have something like the 2nd and 3rd most techs in the game), so that should start speeding up sooner rather than later...

For a relatively generous definition of the word "sooner".

EDIT: Also, vote's closed.

Jossar fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Apr 10, 2020

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

I get caught up just in time to miss getting to vote to kill Hitler. A sad read. Though I'm genuinely confused as to what one does with a Hitler that doesn't involve killing it, but I'm glad that nobody else seems to have any idea either!

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

The bad books thread found one where the latest trend in time travel was screwing Hitler's wife and making him watch.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Complications posted:

Though I'm genuinely confused as to what one does with a Hitler that doesn't involve killing it, but I'm glad that nobody else seems to have any idea either!

You could also, theoretically, wait to kill it later. I think that got a vote.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Anticheese posted:

The bad books thread found one where the latest trend in time travel was screwing Hitler's wife and making him watch.

idiots, the right way to go about it was to gently caress his dog and then force-feed the dog's meat to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Complications posted:

I get caught up just in time to miss getting to vote to kill Hitler. A sad read. Though I'm genuinely confused as to what one does with a Hitler that doesn't involve killing it, but I'm glad that nobody else seems to have any idea either!

Even Hitler is onboard with killing Hitler.