Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

DeadlyHalibut posted:

I looked up the wiki and apparently in some older games golden tools have perks (for example fishing with a longer time window to catch). Any idea if that also happens in this game?

The golden slingshot doesn't and the golden can waters 3×3 instead 2×3. Don't know about any of the other tools.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I think KK is in town early because the fishing event is on Saturday.

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

Ah that makes sense. It did make me wonder if you can’t get randoms like Flick and CJ either on days when KK shows up.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/wheel_able/status/1247971623862493184

God damnit now when this is playing in game all I can hear is Nelly

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

I want a Nelly concert for my town instead of a K.K. concert now

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

kk is in my town ive checked multiple calendars and it appears to be a friday? any hints on what causes this

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

professor metis posted:

I think KK is in town early because the fishing event is on Saturday.

Ahhhh was just going to ask that. Makes sense.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Oh my God I thought each home addition was just gonna add 40 storage. I just added the second room and it doubled my storage space. I went from overflowing 120 storage slots to a huge 240! I'm so happy! I love Animal Crossing!

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

It's only vaguely related, but I actually like that all the rooms are slightly different. Makes it more interesting to decorate than always having to work with perfectly square layouts.

Also, Isabelle demanded more storefronts, so I built a bunch of stalls with random stuff on the counters. Am I doing this right?

Simulation883
Jan 1, 2007

Bland posted:

If anyone has a spare Cherry Blossom Pond Stone recipe I'd very much like to trade with you so I can stop farming these drat balloons. I've got the cherry blossom bonsai and pochette recipes going spare, as well as a bonsai shelf recipe.

If you're still looking I have an extra Pond Stone Recipe. I'd love the cherry blossom bonsai if you still have it.

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

And More posted:

It's only vaguely related, but I actually like that all the rooms are slightly different. Makes it more interesting to decorate than always having to work with perfectly square layouts.

Also, Isabelle demanded more storefronts, so I built a bunch of stalls with random stuff on the counters. Am I doing this right?

She told me that too and I’m optimistically choosing to believe it means more shops are coming to the game, and not that it’s a throwaway line they left in without thinking about it.

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
We're gonna need a bigger boat...and some water.
Does anyone want some purple and pink mums? I just got another rare flower island and I already have tons of them and 5 star rating.

The purple will get you peacock butterflies if you don't have them yet.

I can't even just open my gate because no one can dig them up.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I just found a message in a bottle DIY for a Money Floor which is a floor that just looks like it is tons of paper money covering it.

The recipe is 🔔50,000. That’s it.

King Crab
Nov 12, 2005

lets pretend i didnt say that and lets als0 pretend it isnt inevitable
KK Slider sung me happy birthday and I'm well chuffed.

Thanks KK

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I just found a message in a bottle DIY for a Money Floor which is a floor that just looks like it is tons of paper money covering it.

How much does it sell for? I assume it's not double the value of the materials, for obvious reasons.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Cattail Prophet posted:

How much does it sell for? I assume it's not double the value of the materials, for obvious reasons.

Oh god I have no idea: I’m not swimming in Bells so I’m probably not going to make it for a long time

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Top tier bathroom floor imo, the cost was absolutely worth it.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Cattail Prophet posted:

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Oh god I have no idea: I’m not swimming in Bells so I’m probably not going to make it for a long time

Oh, didn't even think to check until now. It seems for 25K, so it's sadly not even a fun new alternate currency :sigh:

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
What's the best way to get the 30 iron nuggets I need to build the store? I had some but built better tools. It's not like I was anywhere near having enough before doing that anyway.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

edit: whoops

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Apr 10, 2020

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Why does the fishing tournament mean kk has to move to Friday? Can the game only handle one npc at a time? That can't be true, I had CJ and Celeste on the same day earlier this week

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Does the game have any sense of aesthetics? If I just load my town full of random poo poo will that push me towards five stars so I can get that sweet golden can?

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Bobulus posted:

...and with that, we're caught up! I hope you've enjoyed reading this one. I'll come up with something new to post on Monday, while we wait for this one to finish.

Sword Internal is great, but wrong thread friendo. XD

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Bobulus posted:

...and with that, we're caught up! I hope you've enjoyed reading this one. I'll come up with something new to post on Monday, while we wait for this one to finish.

lol

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

fknlo posted:

What's the best way to get the 30 iron nuggets I need to build the store? I had some but built better tools. It's not like I was anywhere near having enough before doing that anyway.

Just grinding through rocks on your own island or rando nook islands, sadly you'll go through a lot of shovels before you get customization kits that reset their durability.
Eventually you'll be swimming in ore though, I thought it was kinda rare early on but it's really not.

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Does the game have any sense of aesthetics? If I just load my town full of random poo poo will that push me towards five stars so I can get that sweet golden can?

Pretty sure you can just put random stuff down. I didn't want my town to be ugly so I made a bunch of furniture that looks like fences to use as borders (stone stool and log stakes) and just put them around my flowers. Also Isabelle will tell you that variety matters but I have like 100 stools in my town and 5 stars.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Fru Fru posted:

Does anyone want some purple and pink mums? I just got another rare flower island and I already have tons of them and 5 star rating.

The purple will get you peacock butterflies if you don't have them yet.

I can't even just open my gate because no one can dig them up.

Yes please, i do. Do you also have write red and yellow for a full grid? Currently doing some gardening.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Bobulus posted:

this looks cool, please tell me what thread it was meant for so I can read it

(this is a serious post, not meant to be mean)

Poque fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Apr 10, 2020

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Captain Hygiene posted:

Just grinding through rocks on your own island or rando nook islands, sadly you'll go through a lot of shovels before you get customization kits that reset their durability.
Eventually you'll be swimming in ore though, I thought it was kinda rare early on but it's really not.

I have far more ore than I have stones, and it's becoming a problem :negative: everything that needs stones to craft takes an outrageous amount, and now all I get are eggs.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

How do I get that day flying moth thing? I’ve got loads of flowers and I’ve never seen one.

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007

bushisms.txt posted:

Yes please, i do. Do you also have write red and yellow for a full grid? Currently doing some gardening.

Post a dodo code, I will bring you all the flowers.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Fru Fru posted:

Post a dodo code, I will bring you all the flowers.

Check your pms, not quite ready for general admission

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

fknlo posted:

Give me a dodo code. I'll bring some for ya.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Your Computer posted:

I have far more ore than I have stones, and it's becoming a problem :negative: everything that needs stones to craft takes an outrageous amount, and now all I get are eggs.

I had so many stones, then I decided to randomly build some arches and I've magically been running low on them ever since thanks to the eggpocalypse :sigh:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
my Ables are selling "Old commoner's kimono" and that seems hilariously judgy

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
If anyone still needs to unload turnips my fiances island is buying at 534. IDK what else it has to offer but feel free to check around. She needs cosmos if anyone has extras! In the middle of teraforming plz don't judge.
https://turnip.exchange/island/7a91cd15

Sorry if I hosed up don't know what im doing.

Edit: its 9:09 AM so theres about 3 hours

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I put down the final house plot for my 10th neighbor and am off to find someone on a Nook Island. First guy I run into is Roscoe, the cranky horse. gently caress this dude. I'm not even going to talk to him and just leave him on top of lovely cliff island :mad:

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

drat it. Sorry guys. Posting too quick on my work break :P

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking