Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I think I'm a little confused how much of Dimension 20 is available without subscribing to dropout. Can I start with episode 1 of Fantasy High on youtube and watch that whole arc straight through to the finale, or does that go behind a paywall at some point? It seems like d20 has multiple arcs going on and as someone who came in near the finale I'm a little overwhelmed by what it all is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Crab
Nov 12, 2005

lets pretend i didnt say that and lets als0 pretend it isnt inevitable

Ainsley McTree posted:

I think I'm a little confused how much of Dimension 20 is available without subscribing to dropout. Can I start with episode 1 of Fantasy High on youtube and watch that whole arc straight through to the finale, or does that go behind a paywall at some point? It seems like d20 has multiple arcs going on and as someone who came in near the finale I'm a little overwhelmed by what it all is.

You can watch all the season 1 and 2 of fantasy high, escape from bloodkeep and I think all of the unsleeping city on youtube.

Tiny heist and the candy one are still only on dropout.

They kinda dole out new episodes bit by bit.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

FH freshman year and Escape from the Bloodkeep are on there in full, albeit edited for language, looks like half of Unsleeping City is up atm

Fantasy High: D&D set in high school, sophomore year was streamed on twitch

Escape from the Bloodkeep: Evil campaign/LOTR parody

Unsleeping City: Fantasy modern day New York

Tiny Heist: Toys n’ such do an Oceans 11

Crown of Candy: Candyland Game of Thrones

These are all unrelated stories

Beef Jerky Robot fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Apr 10, 2020

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Is season 2 the last season of fantasy high or does it continue off youtube somewhere after that?

I found this playlist, but it goes from episodes neatly titled "Fantasy high episode x" to "Dimension 20 live" and i can't tell if that's everything or not. I know they finished with an insane 8-hour live feed, I assume it must be that?

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDgUykm7H72w4-aCWNuvZVNhJxrmWdhgm

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Basically, seasons 1 through 5 are all different things. Season 1 has a sequel (D20 Live/Fantasy High Sophmore Year) that was streamed and is not a numbered season, and directly follows on from the end of season 1, albeit without the high production values of a 'proper' season. Miniatures and battlefields and such.

They haven't said if they're going to do more D20 Live, but given what happened to collegehumor, I think most of us are surprised they even finished this story.

Not Operator fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Apr 10, 2020

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Not Operator posted:

They haven't said if they're going to do more D20 Live, but given what happened to collegehumor, I think most of us are surprised they even finished this story.

i mean, obviously they have to deal with the n*ght y*rb

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Not Operator posted:

Basically, seasons 1 through 5 are all different things. Season 1 has a sequel (D20 Live/Fantasy High Sophmore Year) that was streamed and is not a numbered season, and directly follows on from the end of season 1, albeit without the high production values of a 'proper' season. Miniatures and battlefields and such.

Ah ok; I was getting confused about the concept of a "season" but I think this clarifies it, thank you.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

eke out posted:

i mean, obviously they have to deal with the n*ght y*rb

Goddamnit, how many times do we have to say to not talk about it? Did you see what happened the last time people kept talking about it?

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.
Brennan is currently DMing for a group of children and their parents on the official D&D Beyond Twitch and it's as adorable as it sounds.

edit: linked the VOD

Threep fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Apr 17, 2020

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lmao [current episode spoilers] emily summoning 8 pixies and having every one use polymorph to burn 3 legendary resistances and then turn War into a dolphin

e: actually the entire War fight is insane, she's unbelievably good at this. it's like a drat masterclass in high level druid play, and she didn't even have her 9th level spell or any of the slots expended in the big combat last episode

eke out fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Apr 24, 2020

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Balnor lives :unsmith:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Anyone having issues with this updating?
I'm using Podcast Republic and it hasn't updated since ep 94 and the Patreon stream doesn't update at all.

Edit:
Deleted and redid it and seems to be okay.
I'm 4 eps behind and had no idea!

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Apr 26, 2020

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

eke out posted:

lmao [current episode spoilers] emily summoning 8 pixies and having every one use polymorph to burn 3 legendary resistances and then turn War into a dolphin

e: actually the entire War fight is insane, she's unbelievably good at this. it's like a drat masterclass in high level druid play, and she didn't even have her 9th level spell or any of the slots expended in the big combat last episode

Yeah Emily is awesome she does her research, it was funny when Murph got flustered when she turned into the vulture to pick up the dolphin with the intent of dropping him, you could tell Murph had no idea that was coming

Was a sick sode

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
oh my god i love this penultimate episode

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Farg posted:

oh my god i love this penultimate episode

the only thing you need to know about moonshine is that she's the coolest loving elf in the world

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
I like that Moonshine's alignment in a character sheet that Murph shared way back in the beginning is Chaotic Good Crick

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
It was really good

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I might miss Pendergreens most of all

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Murph can't use that voice without everyone else stifling laughter and it owns.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Ep. 99 was really good. I liked how Murph sort of inverted the usual "fight big battle, tie up storylines" method that most epics use and instead tied up a bunch of side character's stories in the penultimate episode instead. I mean I assume we'll have at least a little bit of post-battle content, but I like the series basically ending on the episode with the big battle instead of something like "Ep. 99: Big Battle. Ep. 100: Aftermath". Plus, this way he has free reign to kill any/all of them scott free! :getin:

Anybody else planning on attending the final episode live stream?

Saturday, May 9 @ 5:00 PM PST
https://twitch.tv/naddpod

I'll be there!

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

They go into detail how they’d ruin the last ep on the Short Rest and it’s so funny

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I’m still catching up, only on episode 98. I was literally holding my breath awaiting the fate of balnor

Also lol that after that thick sode they spent the first 5 minutes of the short rest bullshitting about frozen 2 spoilers and josh gad. Murph, you spicy little rat binch

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Olaf dies in frozen 2

King Crab
Nov 12, 2005

Murph is a spicy little rat but where's the sexy rat??

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

In the forest with Chungledown Bim

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

That was really cute.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
https://twitter.com/NBCLX/status/1256630762931191809

They talk to Emily and Murph

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

They go into detail how they’d ruin the last ep on the Short Rest and it’s so funny

https://twitter.com/chmurph/status/1256343689409912832?s=21

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Jesus, Murph's accent as Sivil was all over the place. That whole scene was priceless and I can't decide if Murph's wonky accent made it better or worse. Also, I really, really wish they had gone through with their ideas to gently caress up the final episode, even if as a fake final episode prank or even a future Mixed Bag. Some of it was hilarious. The Boob's whomping Thiala and wrapping the whole thing in a clean half hour as Murph just woodenly goes through the motions would be fairly amazing. This month's Mixed Bag was great too. They all watched the 2000's D'n'D movie, but because they watched it seperately and only spoke during the actual podcast, none of them discussed their feelings beforehand so while Murph and Caldwell hated it, Jake and Emily actually kind of liked it and Murph is completely flabbergasted as to why; especially with Jake, because at least Emily had the excuse that she was mostly riding the exercise bike or playing Animal Crossing, so she only tuned in for bits of it and missed a lot. Murph gets so annoyed with Jake defending the film, especially when Jake says it's not actually that much worse than The Lord of the Rings films. It's great.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Jake is himbo king.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I thought Jake was doing a bit too. Also Emily saying "I love their scenes together" in response to seeing two characters meet for the first time in the movie is raw loving chaos.

Murph's upset was correct and justified.

King Crab
Nov 12, 2005

"Is someone threatening you??"

This slayed me.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Not Operator posted:

I thought Jake was doing a bit too.

While he was obviously playing it up to some degree, Jake did actually seem like he genuinely liked the film to some degree and saw some parallels to D'n'D play in it that probably weren't intended but lined up with how he thought or views D'n'D regardless. I think he and Emily were somewhat swayed by the charisma of Marlin Wayans, and the scenery chewing of the cast too.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

I finally got around to watching this, and Brennan and a lot of the D20 cast chat throughout too. Also, I get some real "crazy cat lady" energy from Emily in that; though I think it's just her isolation hair being in disarray, and her exuberance in combination.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I'm probably going to keep posting this once a week, but A Crown of Candy.... is very good.

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.

Not Operator posted:

I'm probably going to keep posting this once a week, but A Crown of Candy.... is very good.
It's absolutely ridiculous how good it is

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Threep posted:

It's absolutely ridiculous how good it is

they've really only gotten better and better, they have that magical mixture of (1) great dm (2) every player has excellent instincts about when to clown and when to be dramatic (3) good chemistry all around with no bummers at the table.

hopefully regardless of the collegehumor problems, they manage to stay together -- at this point, they'd probably immediately make a shitload of money on patreon because they have a buckwild fanbase.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I'm looking forward to the Twitch stream! I hope I actually remember to show up, I'm so bad at watching streams for some reason.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

https://twitter.com/Lex_Sketch/status/1257569736507838464

a) what the gently caress, and
b) Emily looked it up and I'd pay money to see her run this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Want to listen to it live but living on the west coast 5pm and having kids it ain’t going to happen