Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

My friend's company is hiring. They do video game stats and other stuff. They are actually successful, been around... 7 years maybe? My friend flies to places like Poland and San Francisco to do speaking engagements about their technology etc. Has done partnerships with valve in the past, mostly DoTA.

https://apply.workable.com/elo/j/46391B7B12/

Fully remote, 85k - 95k USD, also open to international goons on a revolving 6 month contract... see posting

Mix of golang, front end development (react) + data modeling + postgres

Company is woman led, so if you're a female programmer this might be an exceptionally good fit.

edit: also have an intermediate position, mostly front end, 65k - 75k USD

Hadlock fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Feb 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaludan
Jul 2, 2009

Edit: So thanks Covid-19. Looks like I'm good for the time being working remote wherever I want. Still need the job below filled. Surprising lack of decent applicants.

Kaludan fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Apr 18, 2020

Kaludan
Jul 2, 2009
Who we are: Citibank NA
Where we are: Tampa Fl

---
Bleh couldn't get anyone good until literally after I was forced to fill it internally or lose the position. Mission failed, we'll get em next time..

If you live in Tampa FL or Irwin TX and are qualified/certified in IS, still hit me up and I can pass you on to the CISO recruiter.

Kaludan fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jun 10, 2020

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Hi all, my startup has rebranded and launched our new website so I thought I'd make another post here.

Who we are: Kognia Sports Intelligence. We're a pre-MVP startup building a software platform for football (soccer) tactical analysis based on computer vision and spatiotemporal data. We have an awesome team, amazing market opportunity, an exciting product, and connections in the sports world.

Our team includes 5 PhDs and our board of directors is Xavi Hernández, Victor Font (candidate for Barça presidency), Joan Vilà (former Director of Methodology at Barça), and Javier Gómez (former La Liga exec now player representative).

Where we are: Barcelona, Spain. Given our stage and the time it takes, visa support is unlikely (but I'm open to connect anyway). Relocation support is negotiable. We work in English; Spanish is not required.

What we're looking for: Without breaking down the details of each role, top priorities now are Backend Developers, Frontend Developers, and Data Engineers. In the not-so-far future looking for DevOps, Product Manager, among others. (Also football coaches but they're probably not browsing here). We're planning continuous growth so I'm open to connecting with any kind of engineer or developer to see if and when you could fit in.

Stack is: Python for core technology, Kotlin/Spring for backend, React for frontend. Also Kafka, MongoDB, GCP, K8s, Gitlab CI.

UnkleBoB
Jul 24, 2000

Beginner's Version, Copyright,
1991 - Please Copy and Distribute
Job Seeker

My experience: 1+ year at an MSP working 3rd shift monitoring client backups/catching failures before they affect clients during daytime hours. AD/O365 management for clients. I also do dispatching for clients around the world who need engineers sent to remote sites. Don't really get to touch as much technical stuff as I used to when I was on day shift. Mostly watching for alerts and keeping things humming along for clients. I have A+/Net+/Sec+ and some experience doing technical writing.

What I'm looking for: I'm tired of the MSP life and would rather work internally as helpdesk or doing IT support for a company. I'd like to get into security, but don't know how possible that is. Full time is necessary.

Where I live: Clearwater, FL

Where I'm looking: Tampa Bay area/possibly Jacksonville/Remote

When I can start: After two weeks notice

Requirements: Full time. Not externally facing. Full time. Reasonably normal business hours (6AM-6PM range) as I have a kid, and third shift is really hard for us.

Send a PM here or message me on discord at unklebob#6379

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

Kaludan posted:

Why you wouldn't want to work here: My favorite employee likes to use the word Kefka-eque. I like Byzantine.

?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

UnkleBoB posted:

Job Seeker

My experience: 1+ year at an MSP working 3rd shift monitoring client backups/catching failures before they affect clients during daytime hours. AD/O365 management for clients. I also do dispatching for clients around the world who need engineers sent to remote sites. Don't really get to touch as much technical stuff as I used to when I was on day shift. Mostly watching for alerts and keeping things humming along for clients. I have A+/Net+/Sec+ and some experience doing technical writing.

What I'm looking for: I'm tired of the MSP life and would rather work internally as helpdesk or doing IT support for a company. I'd like to get into security, but don't know how possible that is. Full time is necessary.

Where I live: Clearwater, FL

Where I'm looking: Tampa Bay area/possibly Jacksonville/Remote

When I can start: After two weeks notice

Requirements: Full time. Not externally facing. Full time. Reasonably normal business hours (6AM-6PM range) as I have a kid, and third shift is really hard for us.

Send a PM here or message me on discord at unklebob#6379

PM incoming

Kaludan
Jul 2, 2009

Yes exactly like that. We steal the worlds Espers and contain them into Magicite to power capitalism.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYKXPk1biIs

....except thats a metaphor and instead it's all ServiceNow tickets, Excel/Powerpoint presentations, and redundant training/self-evaluations

Merica
Jan 28, 2009
Job Seeker

My experience: 3 years as a Technical Account Manager and 4 years doing sys admin/helpdesk work prior to that. Currently a lead support engineer so I manage a team of 5 engineers. Been there for around 18 months now. I have a pretty wide skillset haven't really specialized. I've worked for an AV/cybersecurity company and currently at a PAM/IAM company. Current product is built on IIS with SQL backend and I have to do AD troubleshooting as well as some linux and network troubleshooting. I have to do a lot of troubleshooting of a ton of different software so I feel like I know a little about a ton of stuff.

What I'm looking for: Either a senior support engineer or sales engineer position or TAM role

What I'm not looking for: helpdesk

Where I live: Jax FL

Where I'm looking: Anywhere that lets me work remote or offers relocation
When can I start: around a month

Requirements: Full-time, benefits. 401k all that stuff

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit
Job (internship) Seeker

I had an amazing internship lined up for this summer (again at a National Laboratory, same as last summer) but it was cancelled due to Covid-19 :smith:
Trying to find an interesting internship to help pay for grad school.

My Experience: Graduating with Bachelor's in Computer Engineering in May (intend to attend grad school starting in the Fall). 2 Years Mobile Application Development intern: Postgres, Go, Kubernetes, Docker, Git (Git Flow), Atlassian Suite and Some PHP, Python, and Jade. Primarily backend dev in Go.

1 Summer as Research Intern at a National Laboratory (info available in pm). Skills included Python, Flask, Jinja2, Javascript (including jquery), CGI, some CSS.

Curriculum involves lots of C, C++, VHDL, FPGAs, typical algorithms and data structures classes, MATLAB/Simulink and Control Systems. I have all of my coursework in github as private repos, I can make public briefly if someone wanted to check out my code.

Vice President of student Cybersecurity club. Very active with CTF competitions with a pretty competitive team. Reverse engineering of C and C++ programs and Binary Exploitation. Some Web Exploitation and SQL injection, privilege escalation, etc. Host boot2root VMs on our club's unique Lab infrastructure and work on hackthebox.eu VMs. Cybersecurity is my passion and area of interest.

What I am looking for: Internship for summer 2020. Software Engineering, Computer Engineering-related Research, and/or Cybersecurity related.

Where I live: South Carolina

Where I'm looking: Willing to consider relocating anywhere in continental US for the summer

whose tuggin fucked around with this message at 05:38 on May 22, 2020

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
My experience: 6+ years doing mostly backend web, mostly Python/Django but w/ smattering experience elsewhere. Most recent gig was a lot of AWS stuff (Lambda, Kinesis, etc. etc.).
What I'm looking for: A job doing mostly backend stuff, I like what I like v0v.
What I'm NOT looking for: I would prefer to write as little JS as possible.
Where I live: NYC
Where I'm looking: Remote or NYC (I have a bunch of remote experience)
When I can start: Today if you want.
Requirements: Normal FT stuff - health, dental, 401k match would be nice, reasonable vacation policy and not working weekends :).
Can be reached via: PM or reply and ask me for my email address if you'd like. Resume and ample references on request~

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Looking for Magento 2 developer willing to get really, really dirty (we possibly did some things which aren't exactly normal). GMT based (West Midlands UK) but remote with a sympathetic timezone is possible given the corvidaggeddon we're all experiencing. Good smallish company with private health and pay is decent, especially if you've got some relevant experience because we've realised that Magento 2 is the code equivalent of the Lament Configuration.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Uh, if you are in California

Housing construction is exempt from the business ban. I know this isn't computer touching, but if you're looking for something - anything - they are hiring on the spot.

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

Who we are: Patreon.

What we do: We're a membership platform for getting creators paid. You've probably heard of us from podcasters, youtubers but we are here to get all kinds of creators paid to the point where we have bars and restaurants looking to survive via funding from their patrons.

Where we are: San Francisco (HQ), NYC, Dublin, Porto, Omaha.

Current open positions on our job page (Mostly senior, mostly eningeering in Dublin and SF). I'm on the SRE team and I've been here for almost 2 years, I love talking about what I do.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

luminalflux posted:

Who we are: Patreon.

What we do: We're a membership platform for getting creators paid. You've probably heard of us from podcasters, youtubers but we are here to get all kinds of creators paid to the point where we have bars and restaurants looking to survive via funding from their patrons.

Where we are: San Francisco (HQ), NYC, Dublin, Porto, Omaha.

Current open positions on our job page (Mostly senior, mostly eningeering in Dublin and SF). I'm on the SRE team and I've been here for almost 2 years, I love talking about what I do.

Any chance for remote (or "remote" from the NY office?) for any of the eng roles?

\/ Cool, if it does and you remember feel free to pm me. I've got the experience to match the role and I like Patreon as a service.

The March Hare fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Apr 2, 2020

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

The March Hare posted:

Any chance for remote (or "remote" from the NY office?) for any of the eng roles?

Not currently unfortunately, hopefully this changes soon.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Curious about how much that director of engineering role pays. Probably not enough to afford living in San Francisco, but I have to admit it would be an interesting role.

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

KillHour posted:

Curious about how much that director of engineering role pays. Probably not enough to afford living in San Francisco, but I have to admit it would be an interesting role.

It pays well - not FAANG money ofc, we're Series D. Our HQ is in SF, and while I don't know what manager pay is, I get paid well enough as an IC5 to live in the Mission.

Spectracide
May 27, 2004
IT'S ARGH, BABY!
edit: no longer looking

Spectracide fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jun 27, 2020

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

KillHour posted:

Unless you're getting significant equity I would expect director of engineering in SF to pull in at least $200k, at a name brand company floor would be what, $250k? Plus substantial bonus and mediocre equity on a modest vest schedule.

You can comfortably survive in downtown SF in a 1 bedroom, not shared, for $120k

At $200k a 2 bedroom apartment (not shared) is still going to eat up ~40% of your post-taxes income

If you commute ~10 miles from a city like Oakland/Berkely or South San Francisco, your rent can drop by 20% or more. Some SF neighborhoods have 1 bedrooms renting for $2000/mo, but they are in transit, food and nightlife deserts.

We attempted to hire an engineering manager (not director), full time remote, for ~$120K and they walked away from it, I don't blame them

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

Hadlock posted:

Unless you're getting significant equity I would expect director of engineering in SF to pull in at least $200k, at a name brand company floor would be what, $250k? Plus substantial bonus and mediocre equity on a modest vest schedule.

You can comfortably survive in downtown SF in a 1 bedroom, not shared, for $120k

At $200k a 2 bedroom apartment (not shared) is still going to eat up ~40% of your post-taxes income

If you commute ~10 miles from a city like Oakland/Berkely or South San Francisco, your rent can drop by 20% or more. Some SF neighborhoods have 1 bedrooms renting for $2000/mo, but they are in transit, food and nightlife deserts.

We attempted to hire an engineering manager (not director), full time remote, for ~$120K and they walked away from it, I don't blame them

For comparison, IC5 ("Staff Engineer") pays a bit over $200k (not counting equity et c). I expect director to get paid more than that + equity.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I'm a weird edge case, but Nerd Wallet says I'd have to make >$330k in SF to have a comparable lifestyle to what I have now - which I totally believe. I imagine you have to hit C-level (or at least VP) to make in the 4's, even there.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Total comp? Nah.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Once you get north of $150-170 companies vary wildly

There are a lot of companies here that are profitable but mostly just need warm bodies to fill seats to get things done. In my field the floor is closer to $130, but my coworker just landed a gig at a new, data-driven, engineering focused company, and is pulling in around $220k

$200k for an IC does not surprise me in the least, I guess I should have been more clear saying "floor"... there's also a wide range of "director" which is just a title and at best you're a supervisor for a team of four junior engineers and no company credit card, to a real director with several engineering managers direct reports, who each have a team of 10

My current boss is effectively "director of engineering, that isn't directly related to the monolith, except sometimes that too" and sits over two supervisors who each manage 4-6 people
Another "director" boss at another company had a team of 5-6 engineers and one QA person... in another world he might be considered a "senior supervisor" or "junior manager"

There are definitely directors making north of $300k, no doubt

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

KillHour posted:

I'm a weird edge case, but Nerd Wallet says I'd have to make >$330k in SF to have a comparable lifestyle to what I have now - which I totally believe. I imagine you have to hit C-level (or at least VP) to make in the 4's, even there.

I guess it depends on "lifestyle", I live comfortably in SF (2BR in the mission shared with my partner who makes significantly less), but I don't have a broken sports car to pay for.

KS
Jun 10, 2003
Outrageous Lumpwad
IT positions in Amazon's fulfillment centers were recently re-leveled resulting in significantly higher pay bands. There are entry level and junior positions available all over and imo not a bad way to get your foot in the door, both for the IT industry and for Amazon. The link for FC jobs is https://www.amazon.jobs/en/teams/engineering-fulfillment

IT Support Associate II is entry level, front line desktop support. Basic networking knowledge and familiarity with Windows or Linux will get you there.
IT Support Engineer I and II are jr. sysadmin/network admin type positions.

Amazon pays for CCNA/N+/L+/A+ certs in addition to listed benefits.

I'm a mgr for a handful of buildings. Happy to answer questions via PM.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

KS posted:

IT positions in Amazon's fulfillment centers were recently re-leveled resulting in significantly higher pay bands. There are entry level and junior positions available all over and imo not a bad way to get your foot in the door, both for the IT industry and for Amazon. The link for FC jobs is https://www.amazon.jobs/en/teams/engineering-fulfillment

IT Support Associate II is entry level, front line desktop support. Basic networking knowledge and familiarity with Windows or Linux will get you there.
IT Support Engineer I and II are jr. sysadmin/network admin type positions.

Amazon pays for CCNA/N+/L+/A+ certs in addition to listed benefits.

I'm a mgr for a handful of buildings. Happy to answer questions via PM.

I was a former IT Support Eng for Amazon Corporate. I’m glad those jobs got re-leveled and pay bands increased. The job is not easy and often under appreciated. Those teams deserve any and all recognition they get!

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

luminalflux posted:

I guess it depends on "lifestyle", I live comfortably in SF (2BR in the mission shared with my partner who makes significantly less), but I don't have a broken sports car to pay for.

Excuse me - it's a broken supercar. :colbert:

Of course it depends on your lifestyle. That's the entire point - why would I uproot my entire life and move to the other side of the country to live in a smaller house with fewer cars?

KillHour fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Apr 12, 2020

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I don't care if I dropped out of school; I'm hanging that up on my wall.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I'm sorry, but with the age of those vehicles and the setting that looks more like justification for getting people high.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Who we are: Up and coming player in the entertainment industry, with yearly sales of 10,000+ kilos.

Where we're located: Miami

What we're looking for: Sales, marketing, security. Must be able to pass a background check and entrance exam. Military or law enforcement experience highly desired. Must be willing to sign a non-compete. Pay is commission based.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Do you provide PPE and daycare?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

KillHour posted:

Who we are: Up and coming player in the entertainment industry, with yearly sales of 10,000+ kilos.

What we're looking for: Sales, marketing, security. Must be able to pass a background check and entrance exam. Military or law enforcement experience highly desired. Must be willing to sign a non-compete. Pay is commission based.

I'm in if the entrance exam isn't simulation based. Fool me once CISCO!!!!

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

vyst posted:

I'm in if the entrance exam isn't simulation based. Fool me once CISCO!!!!

I assure you, the exam is very... hands-on. :toughguy:

BrianBoitano posted:

Do you provide PPE

We give all employees a 9mm, but you have to buy your own bullets.

We're a very family-friendly organization. Your kids can help package product.

KillHour fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Apr 14, 2020

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

KillHour posted:

This sure as hell sounds like a drug smuggling operation to me.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

MF_James posted:

Do you work for the FBI because drat, dude

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

MF_James posted:

Whoa whoa whoa, let’s not jump to conclusions here.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Re-upping my previous post. I was passively job-hunting when I posted this a few months ago, but I'm actively looking now. My human-services job was effectively shut down due to the pandemic.

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Job Seeker

What I'm looking for: literally any kind of entry-level computer-toucher job. IT, development, QA, DBA, BA, i really don't care
What I'm NOT looking for: relocation or graveyard shift
Where I live: Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN area
Where I'm looking: local or remote
When I can start: i would honestly start on christmas day if it was needed
Experience: Bachelor of Arts degree in CS. I spent the better part of a decade working in the human services field but I've always wanted a computerman job, so that's what I'm looking for now. I have classroom and personal-project experience in many popular technologies, including Java, SQL, and Android.
Requirements: high part-time or full-time hours. consistent schedule week-to-week. some travel is OK
Contact Me: PM or post itt if you want an email address

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

KillHour posted:

Will payment be in cash or kilos? I've watched the Wire, Breaking Bad and Scarface multiple times so I'm definitely more than qualified to be your marketing director for this legal and completely legitimate business.