Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I don't want to pick too soon because finding randos on nook islands is the best part of the game...but man, a mummy dog seems pretty good :sweatdrop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
Opening up my island for a bit.

Turnips prices are bad.

Able has frilly dresses, guys figure skating costumes, dandy hats, strawberry hats, dog noses, denim skirts and punk pants.

Not much at nooks but hot item of the day is kettle bathtubs which sell for around 12k. I ran out of iron nuggets so if you all have extra I'll take them!

Dodo code is CRFPP

Closed!

DoYouHasaRabbit fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Apr 10, 2020

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Captain Hygiene posted:

I don't want to pick too soon because finding randos on nook islands is the best part of the game...but man, a mummy dog seems pretty good :sweatdrop:

god I wanted him so bad. but I'm forever cursed for rejecting Coco so now all I get are trump hippos

Also I betrayed Lyman so bad and I'm devastated

https://twitter.com/pox_please/status/1248649042239741952

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Ran into something weird: my furniture in one configuration won't let me climb into bed as if there isn't enough space, but only in the back second room. In the front main room, the exact configuration works. Not a major issue but odd. I just moved the furniture between rooms to test it out. Anyone else experience this?

Back room: can't climb in from the nightstand side:

Front room, can climb in from the nightstand side:

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

glassyalabolas posted:

Give me a dodo code. I'll bring some for ya.

I'm at work without reliable internet at the moment. I may take you up on this later though!

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

On the other hand, do you really want to pass up cool mummy dog when you could end up with some lame clown moving in? (Literal clown or otherwise.)

I've opened up plot 9 today myself, hitting up a bunch of islands hoping I can find someone I like. No luck on villagers, but bizarre luck otherwise; gotten nearly a gold nugget per island (2 on one) along with a rare flower island (hyacinths) and big fish shadow island.

Also manged to get cast master today. Nearly destroyed myself because I checked out of curiosity and found myself at 98. Amazed I didn't psych myself out.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

KK is here today because tomorrow is the fishing tournament. The following day is the Bunny Day thing

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Octavian is moving out of Lahan today, and I am informed some people really like him so if you'd like to politely ask him to come to your island then come on over.

What else is going on the island though? Well...

K.K Slider is visiting! I guess that's a thing.
There's a dozen miscellaneous fossils laying around next to a bunch of DIY recipe dupes. It's mostly Bunny Day stuff.
The Nooks have a green masked Luchador wrestling figure and an unfinished puzzle. Turnips are bad, but today's hot item is the Iron Wall Lamp.
The Ables have got noble coats, chic tuxedo dresses, cowboy stuff, doctor's masks, and that neat medical eyepatch.

1Q13M

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Simulation883 posted:

If you're still looking I have an extra Pond Stone Recipe. I'd love the cherry blossom bonsai if you still have it.

Yes, sure am. Sorry for the delay. My town's open at B8B9B. I'll keep it open as long as I can in case you're not around just yet.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Opening gates for shoppers, DIYers and others interested!

- Rodney (again, sigh) is teaching - of all things - a Red Rose Bed DIY currently.

- Canberra is teaching Wooden Mini Table DIY,

- It's Shari's Birthday! Bring her a present maybe? I think that's how you do birthdays!

- ATTENTION Sports fans! Mabel has baseball shirts, football shirts, viking armor, and baseball team caps!
Also of note: queen dresses, lacey dresses, kill bill unitard, flip flops (with unique sound effects), coke-bottle glasses
https://twitter.com/StarLoveDeluxe/status/1248644257910378503?s=20

- Nooklings selling Cherries, Kitchen Stand Mixers, Fortune Telling Sets, and more generic stuff!

Dodo: 0FWHY (as in, 0h gently caress WHY am I doing this when I have other things to do?) - Closed!

As usual, please be nice to the flowers! There are also free-to-learn DIY recipes in the upper floor of my home if you want to check them out (leaving the recipe cards outside the airport was hurting my island rating :/ )!

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Apr 11, 2020

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Tender Bender posted:

Ran into something weird: my furniture in one configuration won't let me climb into bed as if there isn't enough space, but only in the back second room. In the front main room, the exact configuration works. Not a major issue but odd. I just moved the furniture between rooms to test it out. Anyone else experience this?

Back room: can't climb in from the nightstand side:

Front room, can climb in from the nightstand side:

Your Bunny Day Garland is too low on the wall and blocking the bed.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Hippeux has visited my town.

https://twitter.com/realbadposts/status/1248642822867017730?s=20

This guy is the loving worst holy poo poo!! I love him.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Captain Hygiene posted:

I'm not gonna spoil it, but I will say that he has one of the best houses in the game

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
don't fuckin talk to me

https://twitter.com/pox_please/status/1248649439855521793

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Policenaut posted:

Octavian is moving out of Lahan today, and I am informed some people really like him so if you'd like to politely ask him to come to your island then come on over.

There's a dozen miscellaneous fossils laying around next to a bunch of DIY recipe dupes. It's mostly Bunny Day stuff.
The Nooks have a green masked Luchador wrestling figure and an unfinished puzzle. Turnips are bad, but today's hot item is the Iron Wall Lamp.
The Ables have got noble coats, chic tuxedo dresses, cowboy stuff, doctor's masks, and that neat medical eyepatch.

1Q13M

Heading over now I want that figurine

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

If keep this up all your villagers will team up and vote you off the island

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

JHVH-1 posted:

I started making this...

The owls are not what they seem

https://twitter.com/PlasticWig/status/1248643947997483009?s=20

That’s pretty awesome. The floor has to actually be light brown, though. :eng101:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Help Im Alive posted:

If keep this up all your villagers will team up and vote you off the island

I wanted to see if they would ever stop. Looks like they chase you for right about 30s cuz I didn't have to edit that vid down at all.

Policenaut posted:

1Q13M

Popping in, gotta love puzzles!

fizzy-o
Sep 2, 2011

the reason i'm not rewarded
is because, as a person,
i'm quite warped

If anyone still has turnips to sell, they are going for 412 bells on Windchime!

Turnip Exchange here!
It's 9:52 here right now and I'll stay open until noon.

Piper is crafting a bamboo shelf which is pretty cool, Ables don't really have much interesting, I left a couple extra DIYs by the airport. Please don't pick my flowers.

If anyone has an extra Sakura Wand or the recipe for it, that's the only one I'm missing and I'd greatly appreciate it!

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Unhappy Meal posted:

Your Bunny Day Garland is too low on the wall and blocking the bed.

Ahhh, thank you!

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Haven't posted in this thread yet, but if you've got some turnips burning a hole in your pocket, mine are at 484 bells.

Sahara's also in town, with Simple Small Red Mat, Snowflake Rug, Blue Shaggy Rug, Exquisite Wall, Field Flooring. Able Sisters has Astro Dresses and royal coats. Mac's making a bamboo drum.

I need Ankylo Skull, Cherry Blossom Bonsai, Cherry Blossom Pond Stone, Sakura-wood Wall, and Bamboo Wand recipes.

389GV, open for another 2 hours.

Pyroclastic fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Apr 10, 2020

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Does inviting over moving animals from other islands still bug the game? Or was that only for Amiibos? Do I need an empty spot to invite them or will they kick someone out?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Can bridges only span water, or can they be used to span two elevated surfaces where I can then walk under one?

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Tender Bender posted:

Ahhh, thank you!

Wall stuff clearances are kinda dumb since stuff that's effectively flat like the garland or a hat takes up the same amount of space as a shelf

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Hey, I'm looking to trade Nook Items with people! Here's an album of the uniques I have; https://imgur.com/a/4e6dWqz I would also trade Nook Tickets or bells.

Here's what I'm looking for;

- 2 of any colour public bench but red
- A pink, brown, and blue drink machine
- the Digger and Man construction signs
- red and black snack machines
- 1 blue tourist telescope

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Martytoof posted:

Can bridges only span water, or can they be used to span two elevated surfaces where I can then walk under one?

this is a good question but I’m pretty sure it’s not gonna be the fun answer

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Martytoof posted:

They always talk about water, so probably just that. That's a great question though.

We put a zen bridge over the pond in front of our museum and it is a great look.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Pretty sure someone confirmed earlier that bridges can only span rivers :(

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Martytoof posted:

Pretty sure it has to be over water. The water underneath a bridge is actually part of its model, last I heard.

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
We're gonna need a bigger boat...and some water.

Mameluke posted:

Hey, I'm looking to trade Nook Items with people! Here's an album of the uniques I have; https://imgur.com/a/4e6dWqz I would also trade Nook Tickets or bells.

Here's what I'm looking for;

- 2 of any colour public bench but red
- A pink, brown, and blue drink machine
- the Digger and Man construction signs
- red and black snack machines
- 1 blue tourist telescope

I have the red snack machine if you wanna trade for the zebra.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
So are cherry blossom recipe drops locked out until next year now? I only got two. :negative:

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
-done crafting!-

Shep is crafting a DIY golden casket, for those interested! Go directly left from the airport and hop across the river, and his house is the one with the bone doorplate.

There are dupe fossils and some extra recipes on the stalls available. If anyone has extra rare flowers or music-related items they don’t mind donating, that’d be cool :)

Mabel is also selling a 1.2m Royal Crown in the shop.

Nondevor fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Apr 10, 2020

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

And More posted:

That’s pretty awesome. The floor has to actually be light brown, though. :eng101:

I noticed that while looking at screen grabs. I’m using one I got from a QR code but want to replace it as soon as I get a decent looking self made one. It’s harder than you would think getting it right, and I also think the older game had different dimensions (maybe being square screen?)

Simulation883
Jan 1, 2007

Bland posted:

Yes, sure am. Sorry for the delay. My town's open at B8B9B. I'll keep it open as long as I can in case you're not around just yet.

Ugh sorry we keep missing each other. Turning on game now after my lunch break. No worries if you moved on already. My character name is Bach!

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Hrm. I was hoping now that I had all ten villagers, I'd start getting some more variety in mystery islands, but the ones I checked out last night had my local fruit and local flowers, again. This is frustrating. I've been to 15-20 of them, and haven't seen any of the rare ones.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I went to a rare flower island my first time out, before I knew those colors were rare, and didn’t take any home. it’s been spiral island and other bunk ever since

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

PSA: remember to give your cats a hat to see a tiny version of the hat model :3:

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Bobulus posted:

Hrm. I was hoping now that I had all ten villagers, I'd start getting some more variety in mystery islands, but the ones I checked out last night had my local fruit and local flowers, again. This is frustrating. I've been to 15-20 of them, and haven't seen any of the rare ones.

There’s supposed to be some trick where you clap for the airline guy till he blushes and it gives you more rare islands but I tried it twice and didn’t get anything that good so maybe I’m not far enough along or it’s BS.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

JHVH-1 posted:

There’s supposed to be some trick where you clap for the airline guy till he blushes and it gives you more rare islands but I tried it twice and didn’t get anything that good so maybe I’m not far enough along or it’s BS.

it’s definitely without a doubt BS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I imagine the wand stores individual clothes to prevent some duping exploit or inventory management issue, like how fetch quests always make sure you have an inventory space reserved for the reward.