Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

But Metal Gear REX already exists?

Also Gear REX, a dinosaur version.

https://metalgear.fandom.com/wiki/Gear_REX

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I had a Dr. Grant figure from the first run of Jurassic Park toys. He had a big rear end orange thing on his arm. That wasn't in the movie.

90’s movie toy lines were completely lawless, I had a ‘roided up Luke Skywalker and a Batman who fought crime in gaudy silver armor, a periwinkle sweater, and Dockers slacks.

ed: poo poo I forgot the armor had the Batman & Robin ice skates

Big Mean Jerk fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Apr 10, 2020

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I'm the Predator's wrist blade.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Even as a kid, I remember the toy commercials showing a super buff Dennis Nedry in sunglasses and thinking "this is bullshit"

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

put into monster hunter world when

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Lid posted:

put into monster hunter world when

Unfortunately I'm pretty sure Konami owns the rights, and you know how cooperative they are.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

davidspackage posted:

Even as a kid, I remember the toy commercials showing a super buff Dennis Nedry in sunglasses and thinking "this is bullshit"

Dude, he came with a baby dilophosaurus and a backpack that shot water!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Beachcomber posted:

He should've come with a Hawaiian shirt that changes into another Hawaiian shirt if you dunk him in warm water, spring-loaded whipped cream can action, and a button on the back that makes him wheeze like Wayne Knight!

(For the record, I know these toys generally get made before the movie's even been cast)

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

🎵 I'm blue
Yeah I'm a blue Shrek, guy
Step a foot in my swamp
And you're gonna die 🎵

Big Mean Jerk posted:

90’s movie toy lines were completely lawless, I had a ‘roided up Luke Skywalker and a Batman who fought crime in gaudy silver armor, a periwinkle sweater, and Dockers slacks.

ed: poo poo I forgot the armor had the Batman & Robin ice skates

Batman & Robin came up with the toy line before filming and then crammed as much as possible into the movie. That's why they all have several costume changes, and then there's a brand new Batmobile, Bat Bike, and Bat Hovercraft for like two minutes towards the end of the film.

I remember being pissed that the original line of Jurassic Park figures included Nedry but not Malcolm.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Beachcomber posted:

And both his arms came off.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I like the Sega Master System game where Alan Grant singlehandedly recaptures all the lost dinosaurs and gets the park reopened.

"Now that I've recaptured all the dinosaurs, I will heartily endorse your park."

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

davidspackage posted:

Who the gently caress is this and why is he claiming to be Wayne Knight?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Part of me is disappointed that the dinos in the movies don't have JP branded on their thighs.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

marshmallow creep posted:

Who the gently caress is this and why is he claiming to be Wayne Knight?

Looks like a young Andy Richter to me.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Flying Zamboni posted:

And both his arms came off.

Big deal. That's every toy.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

It's a miracle that Jurassic Park never got a cartoon. Around the time it would have come out there were Ace Ventura, The Mask, and Dumb and Dumber cartoons all airing during the same season.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Casimir Radon posted:

It's a miracle that Jurassic Park never got a cartoon. Around the time it would have come out there were Ace Ventura, The Mask, and Dumb and Dumber cartoons all airing during the same season.

That is kinda strange, now that you mention it. I have to imagine there were at least a few projects in the works over the years that just never got produced for whatever reason.

It's not like Spielberg is against television, there was a Young Indiana Jones show for a while. Maybe he just hates cartoons?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Basebf555 posted:

That is kinda strange, now that you mention it. I have to imagine there were at least a few projects in the works over the years that just never got produced for whatever reason.

It's not like Spielberg is against television, there was a Young Indiana Jones show for a while. Maybe he just hates cartoons?

Spielberg produced like half the Kids WB cartoons at the time. Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, Freakazoid... Uh... That one cartoon about the dogs of various world leaders being a superhero team.

Who else would make a cartoon about a Jerry Lewis internet superhero?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I think I first learned about who Hitler was from an episode of Histeria.

And I learned about the number of the beast from an episode of Digimon.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Casimir Radon posted:

Pretty sure there was also one for the 1998 Godzilla movie of all things.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Pretty sure there was also one for the 1998 Godzilla movie of all things.

It was actually a good cartoon too, bizarrely.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Basebf555 posted:

spielberg used to have his own animation studio. actually, multiple animation studios.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
C'mon, y'all:

From the sounds of it, could've been rad. And the art is fantastic, even if the quasi-Moebius style wouldn't have made it to air. Apparently they wanted to make it a prime-time thing rather than a kids show. There's a trailer out there somewhere, but it probably won't ever be released and may be lost. But apparently the series was never a real possibility because Spielberg was too burnt out on JP merchandising to consider a show.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Apr 10, 2020

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Look at that loving Ian.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I've got to try a couple of the RTS games they put out some time. I actually bought a copy of Trespasser last year but I was having issues getting it out of software mode, then I got eaten by a raptor.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

davidspackage posted:

Look at that loving Ian.
He's doing the Tory Power Stance.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Any Jurassic Park cartoon concept that doesn't have a talking dinosaur pet wearing sunglasses I'm just going to dismiss as forgery

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Tars Tarkas posted:

Any Jurassic Park cartoon concept that doesn't have a talking dinosaur pet wearing sunglasses I'm just going to dismiss as forgery
Well, I just remembered the theme to Denver: The Last Dinosaur, and really wish I hadn't.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Casimir Radon posted:

Well, I just remembered the theme to Denver: The Last Dinosaur, and really wish I hadn't.

But he's your friend
And a whole lot more.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Thats like the best theme song of any tv show ever made.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

CelticPredator posted:

I think I had this because I was obsessed with Jeff goldblum and bought every Jeff goldblum toy as a kid

How many Jeff Goldblum toys were there? This one and probably one for ID4? Or was there a Brundlefly action figure?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
This makes me wish that actors in the mid-80s would've been given their own line of action figures disassociated with any of their roles. A bad sculpt of a mid-80s Kurt Russel carrying a neon green briefcase and pink visor to talk to a director about a role would be great.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Super Dan posted:

How many Jeff Goldblum toys were there? This one and probably one for ID4? Or was there a Brundlefly action figure?

At the time that’s about it. And yes there was a brundle fly but it didn’t look like goldblum.

I had it and it owned. I had my own alternate ending where he became a super hero and killed all the bad guys lmfao

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

CelticPredator posted:

At the time that’s about it. And yes there was a brundle fly but it didn’t look like goldblum.

I had it and it owned. I had my own alternate ending where he became a super hero and killed all the bad guys lmfao

Can’t believe you wouldn’t make a TMNT crossover where he meets Baxter Stockman.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

feedmyleg posted:

C'mon, y'all:

From the sounds of it, could've been rad. And the art is fantastic, even if the quasi-Moebius style wouldn't have made it to air. Apparently they wanted to make it a prime-time thing rather than a kids show. There's a trailer out there somewhere, but it probably won't ever be released and may be lost. But apparently the series was never a real possibility because Spielberg was too burnt out on JP merchandising to consider a show.

This just makes me sad again that Burton didn't follow up Mars Attacks! with Dinosaurs Attack!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

This just makes me sad again that Burton didn't follow up Mars Attacks! with Dinosaurs Attack!

Apparently he wanted to make Dinosaurs Attack! in the first place but after Jurassic Park he decided to do Mars instead.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
There's a part of me that really misses how big blockbusters used to get their own TV shows. Even ones that were R rated. Some of them were actually quite good like the MiB cartoon. I wonder why they stopped making them?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

galagazombie posted:

There's a part of me that really misses how big blockbusters used to get their own TV shows. Even ones that were R rated. Some of them were actually quite good like the MiB cartoon. I wonder why they stopped making them?

The death of both syndicated cartoons and Saturday morning blocs, as well as the proliferation of cable, which gave rise to Nickelodeon, Disney, and Cartoon Network monopolizing children's entertainment for the most part.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I watched the beatlejuice cartoon growing up well before I saw te movie as an adult

man that movie had some creepy poo poo in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Alan Smithee posted:

I watched the beatlejuice cartoon growing up well before I saw te movie as an adult

man that movie had some creepy poo poo in it

That's got to be a shock to discover in the movie he's essentially the villain.