Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Uptime Sinclair posted:

it’s weird but I definitely came across this song via physical album rather than digital download

i first heard it on MTV obviously, probably on 120 Minutes, which was just goth MTV Raps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

rotor posted:

goth MTV Raps

What's the haps on the bats

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Dr. Dréad and D'Ed Lover are your hosts on this most somber occasion.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

:siren:IMPORTANT UPDATE:siren:

today I went into the office and took my chair back home.

now I just need to go back there again and get my stand-up desk and I’ll truly be working from home.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
lol finding this thread on my first day off (yay red days)

Been working from home since mid-March and even though the country is kind of being odd about this whole catastrophe, hanging with my cats way more is nice

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

having a cat or two would have made this whole thing a lot less stressful, yeah

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

PIZZA.BAT posted:

having a cat or two would have made this whole thing a lot less stressful, yeah

I have four. outside of the demands to sit on the balcony and one’s preoccupation with nibbling on charge cables (and only certain ones), it isn’t too bad, they’re just happy I’m suddenly home all the time.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The neighbours' cat show up when I open oysters because she likes to nibble some :3

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

President Beep posted:

have you ever visited the uncanny valley?

have you ever contrived a digital abomination before god?

have you ever wondered what you’d look like as a character in the 1992 blockbuster the lawnmower man?

ever read neuromancer? ever experienced the new wave? next wave? dream wave? or cyberpunk?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
best part of wfh is a cat showing up to join a meeting and everybody going AWW A KITTY

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

PCjr sidecar posted:

ever read neuromancer? ever experienced the new wave? next wave? dream wave? or cyberpunk?

would you know a console cowboy if one showed up in your inbox?

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
im really going to miss being able to toot on my trumpet while im waiting for things to download/install/compile/deploy/process once this wfh stuff is over :comfyoot:

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

its friday. probably gonna blow off the things i said was gonna do in the morning stand up. coronavirus.

now playing dude ranch by blink

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Corla Plankun posted:

im really going to miss being able to toot on my trumpet while im waiting for things to download/install/compile/deploy/process once this wfh stuff is over :comfyoot:

do not let office rules constrain you my man, you drat well toot

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Apart from the time it will take to develop, trial, and mass produce a vaccine (12-18 months), it is unlikely that any vaccine will be practicable. The reason why is immunity to respiratory viruses (like corona) doesn’t last long – 6 months to 2 years. We would have to keep vaccinating everyone in the world every year (or maybe every 6 months if we are unlucky). This just isn’t going to work in the real world (especially poor countries) and is one of the reasons we don’t have a vaccine for the coronavirus strains that cause the common cold. Unless we can drive the current dangerous SARS-CoV-2 strains to extinction we are going to have a problem with this disease indefinitely.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

fart simpson posted:

immunity to respiratory viruses (like corona) doesn’t last long – 6 months to 2 years

Is this because they suck at replicating (and thus mutate) or due to how our antibodies work, or something else? I'd love to read more about this if possible.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i have no idea

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i know rhinovirus mutates quickly, which is why the common cold is so common

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Agile Vector posted:

i know rhinovirus mutates quickly

it evolves into elephantiasis like a pokemon

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

President Beep posted:

lol

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

fart simpson posted:

Apart from the time it will take to develop, trial, and mass produce a vaccine (12-18 months), it is unlikely that any vaccine will be practicable. The reason why is immunity to respiratory viruses (like corona) doesn’t last long – 6 months to 2 years. We would have to keep vaccinating everyone in the world every year (or maybe every 6 months if we are unlucky). This just isn’t going to work in the real world (especially poor countries) and is one of the reasons we don’t have a vaccine for the coronavirus strains that cause the common cold. Unless we can drive the current dangerous SARS-CoV-2 strains to extinction we are going to have a problem with this disease indefinitely.

the entire concept of public spaces is dead as of this year

there is no going back from total isolation

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
there isn't good data on the mutation rate or immunity period yet so let's not go full dark world unnecessarily

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
especially from a poster who doesn't understand how or why it works that way

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I'm thinking we're just going to end up with another annual flu shot but its corona shot

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

lancemantis posted:

I'm thinking we're just going to end up with another annual flu shot but its corona shot

this is basically the best case scenario imo

e: in other news, the only meeting I had scheduled today was canceled so lets see if I can get away with doing no work today

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

NoneMoreNegative posted:

These Deep Frakes videos are getting uncanny.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

President Beep posted:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

President Beep posted:

jesus. you must be good at billiards, beep, because you can play some incredibly tough lies

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Uptime Sinclair posted:

jesus. you must be good at billiards, beep, because you can play some incredibly tough lies

nobleman, massé

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

one thing I do miss about the office is the canteen for decent, cheap hot food at lunch every day, having the extra effort of cooking in my half-hour lunchtime is getting me eating a lot of sandwiches etc.

I got a box in the post today I'm looking forward to trying for a quick meal:

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

a timely post

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

one thing I do miss about the office is the canteen for decent, cheap hot food at lunch every day, having the extra effort of cooking in my half-hour lunchtime is getting me eating a lot of sandwiches etc.

I got a box in the post today I'm looking forward to trying for a quick meal:

i want to know if these are good

this has been my stay at home junk food. it's pretty tasty

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

pro tip: cook lots of dinner so you can just heat up the leftovers next day for lunch

pro tip 2: pasta + hacked up tomato + hacked up ball of mozzarella + salt-pepper-olive oil is a nice 15 minute meal

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Roosevelt posted:

this has been my stay at home junk food. it's pretty tasty

literally the only appealing thing i encountered in jakarta.

i maintain the most fun you can have in that city is standing in line to buy a ticket to somewhere else.

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

i like the indomie mixed with some sauteed red cabbage, it's nice ramen

also it's snowing out my window right now, kinda late in the season

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Penisface posted:

pro tip: cook lots of dinner so you can just heat up the leftovers next day for lunch

pro tip 2: pasta + hacked up tomato + hacked up ball of mozzarella + salt-pepper-olive oil is a nice 15 minute meal

we made chili and ate it for the whole week for dinner, perfect long reheat cycle and just enough variety of components to change it each day

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Roosevelt posted:

:supaburn:

I guess if

>you are into Nuclear Insanity style sauces these will not move you overly
>you like to add Sriracha to stuff to give it a little poke these will give you the old HOO-HAA

Noodles cooked nicely and not too sticky, I put in a handful of frozen peas and some shredded-up chicken. Good little meal, spicy but not inedibly so. Definitely pick up a pack to try, have a beer alongside as a coolant.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

NoneMoreNegative posted:

:supaburn:

I guess if

>you like to add Sriracha to stuff to give it a little poke these will give you the old HOO-HAA

Noodles cooked nicely and not too sticky, I put in a handful of frozen peas and some shredded-up chicken. Good little meal, spicy but not inedibly so. Definitely pick up a pack to try, have a beer alongside as a coolant.

Ooooh the chicken part I’m into; tell me more

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Agile Vector posted:

we made chili and ate it for the whole week for dinner, perfect long reheat cycle and just enough variety of components to change it each day
powerful dust bowl energies detected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

NoneMoreNegative posted:

reminds me of one of my all-time favorite achewoods:

If your dog is named Yard Dancer, I think we owe *each other* apologies.