Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I was hunting a bounty underground near an above-ground public execution. An elite patrol from a different faction stumbled on the execution and a fight happened. I got credit for rescuing the hostages because they managed to survive the clusterfuck even though I had nothing to do with it :confuoot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

We can all stop speculating, the level 40 exotic upgrade completely rerolls the stats just like it did at launch, so have fun throwing away components at further lovely rolls. :toot:

https://twitter.com/Patt3rson/status/1247887390980444164

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

put your money in a log cabin

Buglord
ughhhhhhhhhhhhh

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

If they're not going to make exotics static god rolls at least let us recal them with exotic components

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Roman posted:

If they're not going to make exotics static god rolls at least let us recal them with exotic components

that would be great

especially for exotics with terrible minors like the dodge holster

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Why do they actively make everything less fun

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Mr. Carlisle posted:

They already have your money.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Mr. Carlisle posted:

You wanna see less fun? Stop by the Elite: Dangerous thread on Tuesday nights, see the newly announced carrier prices. That's less fun

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
I'm definitely done with this game for now. It still baffles me how they squandered all of the goodwill they had built up towards the end of TD1's life. Seems like the first question they ask before making a change is "how can we maximize player pain by doing this?" Or, "Anthem did some bold things with their game design, how can we replicate that? There's a fine line between making certain aspects of gameplay take a long time to achieve because you want players to consistently interact with the game and just making everything miserable to deal with all the time.

I definitely got my money's worth out of this game and had a lot of fun with it, but it's just not fun anymore. Whatever comes next for expansions or raids or whatever else is something that just won't be worth the struggle of dealing with the underlying problems pervading the entire game.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Psion posted:

GhostDog is correct about Lucky Shot, it only returns misses. If you hit, you don't get the round back in your mag. Is that the talent or are you talking about another one?

mind you it's still extraordinary on the M1A classic and snipers because less time reloading is more time clicking

You're right, I very cleverly tested it by just firing some shots off, which would obviously count as missed. Anyway, it's nice to get to this point in the first place

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Apr 9, 2020

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

charity rereg posted:

friends and i each got the base game for $10 because of perma-quarantine and are like 10 hours in and i really like it so far. this game scratches the right amount of shooting/skill/tactics + diablo looting.

picked up division 1+ expansions for 16.50 as well, figure there's a lot of hours of entertainment here for $25

just checking in to say this game is fun as hell for new players and i dont know what most of the stuff on the last page means at all, so i assume i have a lot of fun left before it becomes poo poo.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

charity rereg posted:

just checking in to say this game is fun as hell for new players and i dont know what most of the stuff on the last page means at all, so i assume i have a lot of fun left before it becomes poo poo.

you do, and also the salt levels around here are pretty elevated these last couple pages from people who take any announcement as a reflexive opportunity to complain about it, so definitely don't use this thread as your barometer

you'll run into the genuine issues yourself when you run into them and then you can decide how big a deal they are.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

charity rereg posted:

You are correct. Some things are badly broken, but it's mostly stuff that doesn't start to bother you until later on. There's still a good experience to be had in Division 2, especially at that price. I think that the people who have put a lot of hours into the game are mostly upset about the complete lack of quality assurance with regards to patches and maintenance. The game balance is a whole different horribly smelly kettle of fish.

Opentarget
Mar 17, 2009
Even with all the bugs and poor quality of design decisions and all, it has to be said that committing extra-judicial war crimes against citizens is always enjoyable.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

here's my #1 problem with the game right now

:mad:

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

*ralph wiggum voice* i'm level eight!

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

H2SO4 posted:

Oh, I was just about to ask about exotic upgrades. I miss my Chameleon :(

Get a new one. Probably one of the common exotic drops.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Shoren posted:

I'm definitely done with this game for now. It still baffles me how they squandered all of the goodwill they had built up towards the end of TD1's life. Seems like the first question they ask before making a change is "how can we maximize player pain by doing this?" Or, "Anthem did some bold things with their game design, how can we replicate that? There's a fine line between making certain aspects of gameplay take a long time to achieve because you want players to consistently interact with the game and just making everything miserable to deal with all the time.

I definitely got my money's worth out of this game and had a lot of fun with it, but it's just not fun anymore. Whatever comes next for expansions or raids or whatever else is something that just won't be worth the struggle of dealing with the underlying problems pervading the entire game.

Same. I got around 100 hours out of Warlords of New York so I can't really complain, but I'm at the point where I have a super strong rifle build with a near perfect bakers dozen, contractors, fox's prayer, and hollow man, and 3 piece Providence. That build shreds, I can solo Heroics without too much pain and do everything that's not Legendary pretty easily. Unfortunately, any time I try literally any other dps build it's just not fun at all. I've got a lot of very good pieces lying around, but all of it is bad. Strikers is bad, negotiators is bad, tip of the spear is bad, ARs are bad, LMGs are ok as a secondary weapon but just aren't nearly as strong as m1a. I think the m1a build is where a dps build should be if you've got good rolls. Unfortunately Massive disagrees and is planning on nerfing it heavily instead of bringing everything else up. Once that happens the game is going to go back to being a total slog and I'm just not into it.

I mostly solo or duo, so I've got no real use for support builds, and at this point I've just given up on skill damage ever being a thing as much as I really want it to be. I don't know if the devs are willfully ignorant or just don't care, but balance is so far out of wack and all of their "changes" haven't fixed anything. Making the game harder again is not the right answer.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
Once you have everything there is to get or everything you want in the game there really isn't much more reason to play.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Psion posted:

you do, and also the salt levels around here are pretty elevated these last couple pages from people who take any announcement as a reflexive opportunity to complain about it, so definitely don't use this thread as your barometer

you'll run into the genuine issues yourself when you run into them and then you can decide how big a deal they are.

Also a lot of these people are probably butthurt and spicy as hell for the weeklong ban and rollback they most likely received.

Olds
Oct 17, 2005
There are legitimate issues to the game that isn't related to getting suspended for using the damage glitch.

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

put your money in a log cabin

Buglord
I mean, if you ground out a perfect gear stat and god rolls on everything then yeah, of course poo poo's gonna get boring for a while. If you're literally anything else then the game is fun.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Does the battle pass unlock when I finish the expansion story, or when I hit max level or what? Just picked up the expansion last night after quitting about a month after launch. Having fun so far, but I feel like they got way too cute with the SHD caches this time, where it's hard for me to imagine most people finding them instead of just looking them up on youtube.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Sinteres posted:

Does the battle pass unlock when I finish the expansion story, or when I hit max level or what? Just picked up the expansion last night after quitting about a month after launch. Having fun so far, but I feel like they got way too cute with the SHD caches this time, where it's hard for me to imagine most people finding them instead of just looking them up on youtube.
most of those are "shoot a yellow box" or "shoot the thing that drops a rope down" or "use the rope that's already down but hard to see because ropes blend in to the background and aren't highlighted like ladders are"

Also you need to finish the campaign to access the battle pass stuff.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Psion posted:

here's my #1 problem with the game right now

:mad:
You've got a max roll of explosive resist to add to your kneepad Recal library? Not good but not terrible. If there's a explosive sticky meta that's rocking the DZ you're a step closer to making up a kneepad to help mitigate those fools and krump them.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Shoren posted:

It can drop randomly, but you're more likely to have better luck by crafting. You just need to open Hyena lockboxes in Downtown East, Federal Triangle, and Judiciary Square to get the parts and if you had the blueprint from level 30 then you won't need to run the Bank mission again to get into the lockbox in the vault. I crafted one and it was a god roll (all three stats were maxed) so I'd say prioritize crafting over farming.

Lol, I had the parts already but never collected the blueprint for the Chatterbox in the vault :doh:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

ZombyDog posted:

You've got a max roll of explosive resist to add to your kneepad Recal library? Not good but not terrible. If there's a explosive sticky meta that's rocking the DZ you're a step closer to making up a kneepad to help mitigate those fools and krump them.

The problem is that it’s at all possible to get level 40 purples.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

nah level 40 purples are no big deal since I junk 99% of my yellows too so whatever, and getting a max roll for my recal library is never unwelcome, but a 2/3rds godroll purple is just ... I can only laugh :v:

now I just need to hope Providence is in a good farm zone tomorrow, since I could use a better backpack while I work on the apparel event. Efficiency!

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Roman posted:

most of those are "shoot a yellow box" or "shoot the thing that drops a rope down" or "use the rope that's already down but hard to see because ropes blend in to the background and aren't highlighted like ladders are"

Also you need to finish the campaign to access the battle pass stuff.

Except for the one in the sewer which is bugged, because the mob with the key never spawns.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Kibayasu posted:

The problem is that it’s at all possible to get level 40 purples.
Not really?
Apart from the colour ( and the particular stats rolled on this piece ) there's not a lot that makes that purple kneepad worse than a HE equivalent. I just checked, I get 98.7k armour on a HE kneepad vs the 92k on Psion's screen shot ( I get 121k armour on a purple back pack vs 131k on a HE one ), the same number of attribute rolls and the attribute rolls cap out at the same level. Granted, Purple guns are definitely worse off because you lose the third attribute roll, but if Psion needed a D&H kneepad with god roll repair-skill and explosive resist to finish out his build, he could be doing a lot worse than fitting that particular purple after re-rolling the weapon damage stat.

Level 40 purples have a place, they potentially can have stat rolls that make them as good if not better than a similar branded yellow, they can be broken down to resources that you can use to craft or recalibrate gear, and sometimes you just need to get a whammy to make the good stuff feel better.

Olds
Oct 17, 2005
High ends already have enough RNG; you don't need to throw in purples. Likewise most high end drops are crap so feeling good about "good stuff" isn't a proper reason to have lvl 40 purples. Purples had their place when they offered a higher chance of high attribute rolls in the gear budget era; that became irrelevant with the introduction of targeted loot and expanded Alps/Alraldi gear selection.

The issues that bother me are the quality of play issues that I can't avoid no matter what I do in game, particularly the ones that were already fixed/masked in previous TUs.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

I got this for £2.50 and been enjoying casually trundling through, not sure I can justify the cost of the expansion while on lockdown. I just rescued the prez and I'm level 16, how much more default game content do I have left?

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Brendan Rodgers posted:

I got this for £2.50 and been enjoying casually trundling through, not sure I want the expansion though or can even justify the cost while on lockdown. I just rescued the prez and I'm level 16, how much more default game content do I have left?

A good amount. Literally don't even consider the expansion until you feel like you've done everything else worth doing.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Quill posted:

Literally don't even consider the expansion until you feel like you've done everything else worth doing.

:hmmyes:

Olds
Oct 17, 2005
Here's footage of some clears of Legendary missions I participated in:

Legendary DUA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6ToK3cgQjk

Legendary Roosevelt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PkkPaQV4uE

Legendary Capitol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_lT226i6Ag

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Torquemada posted:

Except for the one in the sewer which is bugged, because the mob with the key never spawns.

if it's the one I'm thinking of, he will but maybe not right away. Run around a bit and enjoy the fun of CQB with a cleaner heavy in a narrow tunnel!

i've done that one twice (once for me, once for a friend) so I know it works.

Quill posted:

A good amount. Literally don't even consider the expansion until you feel like you've done everything else worth doing.

Yeah. Even after the story ends you have three episodes worth of additional missions, world tiers, and a whole lot else to do.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Once I've reset the map, am I going back through and re-beating the missions, or should I start heading into the dark zone? I swear the DZ was totally doable levels 15-20 or so, but now it's dropping me in with big kids and it's a little like banging my head against a wall. It's taken all my fast travel points, so it's mostly not wanting to walk across the city that's keeping me from beating the missions and retaking the control points.

Ultimately, my goal is to have equipment good enough to get one kill in a conflict match, right now my bullets just kind of bounce off everyone and then they dissolve me in two shots. We'll work on being on the winning team after that

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

First attempt on Raid. Razorback took 1.5 hours (I am partially to blame :smith:) but the group finally managed to bring it down. Nobody got Eagle Bearer though, which is a big shame. I only want it as part of collection, so guess I’ll need to attempt again if I can be bothered. Gating a raid only exotic behind probability is really dumb, and if this was Massive’s idea of ‘slowing contents play down’ then it deserves to be slapped hard.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Inspector Hound posted:

Once I've reset the map, am I going back through and re-beating the missions, or should I start heading into the dark zone? I swear the DZ was totally doable levels 15-20 or so, but now it's dropping me in with big kids and it's a little like banging my head against a wall. It's taken all my fast travel points, so it's mostly not wanting to walk across the city that's keeping me from beating the missions and retaking the control points.

Ultimately, my goal is to have equipment good enough to get one kill in a conflict match, right now my bullets just kind of bounce off everyone and then they dissolve me in two shots. We'll work on being on the winning team after that

don't waste your time until you're absolutely at end game with optimized (read: abusing exploits and in the meta) gear and even then if you're not with a full party you don't have a chance. there's absolutely no point doing dz before the endgame and even then it's not exactly satisfying unless you're farming empty instances

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Why am I not getting Apparel keys for the event? Do I have to be lvl40 now? I have a 30 chat that never left wahsi gton and I get the caches for shd levels but no apparel keys.