Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Looks kinda fun.

Wish I had a toy car :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

so much for the tolerant left

Considering nobody went out and manually ended him, I think people were plenty tolerant.

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012
Am I the IOSM for thinking that it's correct that if we have more expansive/better ways to test for COVID that we'll see 'more' cases of it? I thought part of the threat was that it's dormant for a long time so a lot of people have it and are not aware of it.

Sort of like how making helmets and safety gear mandatory results in a 'rise' in non-fatal accidents?

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Samovar posted:

If he comes out of this a changed man, I would be amazed, pleasantly surprised and welcoming.

To the best of my knowledge, all the incidents where a minor celebrity has suffered brain damage have resulted in them diving into religious fundamentalism.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

BrigadierSensible posted:

I will agree that it is sad that the bad man did bad things to himself and is suffering for it. (Seriously, brain damage, and addiction aren't things to laugh at.)

But the question I will ask is what has happened to his followers? Did they look at Dr. Peterson and what he has become to see where following his advice leads you? Do they still defend his "women are whores, and you should tidy your room whilst eating meat." philosophy?
Most of them will ignore it as a tragedy not worth looking any further into whatsoever, a very "such a shame, I'm sure it was unrelated" mindset.
But I will bet almost any amount of money that if this impacts them at all in a way that affects their views, the vast majority will blame his daughter. And by extension, women.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean I think there is some evidence to suggest this is the daughters fault.

There is also a chance she is weekend at Bernies him to get on that sweet grift

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta
https://twitter.com/sazza_jay/status/1248949507225763841?s=19

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

GreenMetalSun posted:

Am I the IOSM for thinking that it's correct that if we have more expansive/better ways to test for COVID that we'll see 'more' cases of it? I thought part of the threat was that it's dormant for a long time so a lot of people have it and are not aware of it.

No, why would you be? Of course there will be more confirmed cases as testing goes up, which also means the death rate will probably go down because more people will be confirmed who aren't so bad as to be hospitalized. Doesn't make it less dangerous.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Piss Meridian posted:

I think being happy about drug addition and brain damage makes you an rear end in a top hat.

Please do not mock Hitler. You may disagree with his politics but he's an addict, so you should feel bad for him and let him be.

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

Henchman of Santa posted:

No, why would you be? Of course there will be more confirmed cases as testing goes up, which also means the death rate will probably go down because more people will be confirmed who aren't so bad as to be hospitalized. Doesn't make it less dangerous.

I realize now it was from pages ago, but it's in reference to this:

Is there some other idiocy I'm missing?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

sugar mouse posted:

I got into a HUGE debate the other day on Facebook with a proper bridezilla but can't be bothered to go back and edit it all yet so until then, have a bit of average crazy from my feed...

I wish these people would find out that light is radiation, so they'll stop interacting with anything and especially get off their phones and computers. How can they handle sunlight? Sunlight kills.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/StefanMolyneux/status/1248096728881991681

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Memento posted:

he got addicted to benzodiazepan and instead of coming off it in a controlled environment, he went to a private hospital in Russia where they put him in a coma for 6 days, making him go cold turkey and giving him irreparable brain damage

You're getting two events mixed up. First, he decided to quit cold turkey and had a complete breakdown. People saw him speak at that time, and he claims it was his decision. Then his daughter posted on his twitter or whatever that he had gone to a Russian private clinic to be put in a medical coma, after which she's taken charge of the business. The latter could be a conscious decision on his part to ease back into being a nazi self-help guru, or his daughter could have subsumed the grift and is parading around his empty husk, Weekend at Bernie's style. I've seen no definite evidence either way, but the latter does make for a more compelling story.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/AllianceLGB/status/1248539368266043392

"Well ackthually…"

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/jennyenicholson/status/1249017135260524544?s=21

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

GreenMetalSun posted:

I realize now it was from pages ago, but it's in reference to this:

Is there some other idiocy I'm missing?

I think the idiocy is saying "bookmark this for later" and then deleting the tweet.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Could also be the optimism about a “turning point”.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah there is no reason to think testing would create a turning point.

It’s like the now weekly the curve is flattening guys. Which news corps have been pumping out.

It’s dangerous nonesense that’s based more on hope than anything

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I had some hope about 10 days ago because of a newspaper article claiming that things were plateauing , but obviously that doesn't mean anything because 2 weeks later the lockdown is still in effect.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

It's a good thing I'm isolated because this is making me cry laugh and I don't need to be getting droplets on anything

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Speaking of mansplaining

https://twitter.com/thuggymacho/status/1248961638285348865?s=19

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

i really like how the twitter rant ends with “if you disagree with me well OBVIOUSLY you’re either a psychopathic spoiled brat who ruins lives or an enabler”

edit: oh my god

https://twitter.com/benedict_rs/status/1249014335319482370?s=21

Splash Attack has a new favorite as of 19:49 on Apr 11, 2020

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

white people are a oppressed minority guys the white bully should have been the real victim in the movie

https://twitter.com/lilithbriar/status/1248978241110429698?s=21

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

BioEnchanted posted:

I had some hope about 10 days ago because of a newspaper article claiming that things were plateauing , but obviously that doesn't mean anything because 2 weeks later the lockdown is still in effect.

Even if they are plateauing the lockdown should remain in effect for quite a while. It's not gonna suddenly be fine to go out because new cases have dropped.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

I think someone got confused about how blood flows to the vagina and it gets flushed/the clitoris being comparable to erectile tissue, not that someone's vagina (let alone their vulva) gets hard

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Hard vagina? Just throw it in the microwave with a shotglass of water, 30 seconds and you'll be back to mastrubating to anime in no time!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Piss Meridian posted:

I reserve my empathy for people who agree with me politically.

See at first I thought this makes sense in a 'Trans rights are human rights' sense but then they started from a decent point IMO and just started digging a hole for no real reason.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Splash Attack posted:

white people are a oppressed minority guys the white bully should have been the real victim in the movie

https://twitter.com/lilithbriar/status/1248978241110429698?s=21

Are we sure this isn't some 4chan troll pretending to be an sjw?

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

What's even dumber is it's not like Lilo bites, punches, and hair pulls Myrtle because the writers thought it was cute and quirky. She has a disproportionately violent reaction bc she's an emotionally troubled 6 year old. It's depicted as a bad thing, even if Myrtle talks poo poo. Lilo apologizes for it later??? It's not 'presented as good because Myrtle is white'.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

https://twitter.com/Jwil3698Justin/status/1249054482652069888

Seems like Peterson fans themselves are too big on empathy for traumatized people, so I guess that settles that argument.

Why the hell does twitter not put up the same screen cap when you quote something. This rear end in a top hat also follows Jordan Peterson. There, saved you a click through.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Lilo is the dragon of chaos that threatens society

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hello Sailor posted:

To the best of my knowledge, all the incidents where a minor celebrity has suffered brain damage have resulted in them diving into religious fundamentalism.

It's easy to break your brain into being a worse person. It doesn't generally work the other way around.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
Re: Lilo and Stitch, he spends a lot of time talking about it’s not true to his conception of 70’s Hawaii’s culture in which the white 6-year-old would be “getting her teeth kicked in on the regular” when it’s clearly in a contemporary setting to the year it was released (2001). They have cell phones and a Mulan poster.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I'm not a tooth doctor but I'm pretty sure you can only have your teeth kicked in once without a LOT of dentistry

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

T-man posted:

I'm not a tooth doctor but I'm pretty sure you can only have your teeth kicked in once without a LOT of dentistry

Look at this guy who didn't get the shark teeth regeneration implant.

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

there wolf posted:

https://twitter.com/Jwil3698Justin/status/1249054482652069888

Seems like Peterson fans themselves are too big on empathy for traumatized people, so I guess that settles that argument.

Why the hell does twitter not put up the same screen cap when you quote something. This rear end in a top hat also follows Jordan Peterson. There, saved you a click through.

jordan peterson, both trump accounts, AND vic mignogna.

they’re also a professional animator (and hence why they feel the need to toot the I AM RIGHT horn) and i’m hoping that showing their rear end like this is enough to get them closed off

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

T-man posted:

Looks like someone's never heard of baby teeth.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Arivia posted:

I think someone got confused about how blood flows to the vagina and it gets flushed/the clitoris being comparable to erectile tissue, not that someone's vagina (let alone their vulva) gets hard

Yes that is definitely what happened capped off with a smug "google it, pleb". Thus why they are massive idiot.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I saw an ad for Japanese Noh masks on a covid-related site just now

Swing and a miss AI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Data Graham posted:

I saw an ad for Japanese Noh masks on a covid-related site just now

Swing and a miss AI

Listen, we don't know the thing that goes donk *doesn't* keep the virus away.