Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Seedge posted:

I think the main reason Mercs isn't in the RE3MAKE is that there's no way to consistently run through the areas. It's several distinct areas and corridors, with cutscenes transporting you from new map to new map. There's no way to walk from the subway station to the sewers, for instance, because you teleport via a vent.

they would just lock areas down and it would be re4-6 mercs. which is all anyone actually expected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Seedge posted:

I think the main reason Mercs isn't in the RE3MAKE is that there's no way to consistently run through the areas. It's several distinct areas and corridors, with cutscenes transporting you from new map to new map. There's no way to walk from the subway station to the sewers, for instance, because you teleport via a vent.

I think it's because they attached REsistance instead. Which is not a good trade.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtnPf1RPEPg

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
the game was worth it just for that line tbh.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

lol

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I do not know how they can reboot Dino Crisis. I feel like those games (1 and 2, we don't talk about 3) came at the tail-end of the general public's fascination with dinosaurs, two years after The Lost World was in theaters. The game engine was impressive at the time, allowing for far more cinematic camera action that the RE games, but I didn't personally care much for the dino monsters or the characters.

Didn't the first game come with a RE3 demo as a pack-in or something?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Didn't they make a Jurassic Park Tycoon game just recently that got a lot of attention? I don't think people have run all out of fascination with dinosaurs, so long as the game is actually decent on its own merits.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

ErrEff posted:

I do not know how they can reboot Dino Crisis. I feel like those games (1 and 2, we don't talk about 3) came at the tail-end of the general public's fascination with dinosaurs, two years after The Lost World was in theaters. The game engine was impressive at the time, allowing for far more cinematic camera action that the RE games, but I didn't personally care much for the dino monsters or the characters.

Decent games with pretty good ideas are the ideal games for a reboot/remake.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

That one does have the benefit of carrying the Jurassic Park/World branding (which they doubled down on with the DLC, called 'Return to Jurassic Park' featuring the original movie setting and actors) and Frontier just making fairly good games in general.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Not sure that branding really matters so much anymore. I mean, most teens these days were born longer after Jurassic Park ceased to be thing as a series.

Yes, you feel old now.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Yes, nobody saw those Jurassic World movies (which are just Jurassic Park reboots).

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
The obvious solution is to leverage the popularity of RE and have Dino Crisis take place in the same universe. Instead of doing energy/weapons research, it's some scientist building a time machine to go back in time to prevent the Raccoon City incident by vaccinating everyone. A power surge accidentally overcharges the time machine, switching large parts of Raccoon City and surroundings with the same location 65 million years ago, rather than merely switching his current lab with its early '98 equivalent. Turns out, what destroyed the dinosaurs and allowed mammals to evolve into a variety of new niches was the T-virus, spreading like a plague across prehistoric Earth!

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
How about a Megaman Legends reboot with the RE Engine.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Judge Tesla posted:

How about a Megaman Legends reboot with the RE Engine.

i still consider the cancellation of Megaman Legends 3 to be one of the biggest let downs/betrayals in gaming history. And personally. And then Keiji went on to make Mighty No. 9 and cause a massive disaster and scandal.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I'm down for a Dino Crisis remake with this engine. gently caress yes.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
So I bought RE3 to try resistance and really wasn't impressed. From what I gather MM's get rolled until they grind up enough to unlock the more powerful cards? Is there any kind of ranked matchmaking? My first couple games I had Rank 50+ survivors in the lobby.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Going back from remake 2 to remake 1, I realize one of the best lowkey additions was adding key icons to locked doors on the map so you can see which places you need to backtrack to and I wish some intrepid modder would add that to remake 1

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Nightmare mode doesn’t gently caress around Jesus Christ.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

It's not the heyday of dinosaur fever anymore but I still don't think it would take much convincing to sell people on "Resident Evil, but with giant fuckin' dinosaurs." This engine would be great for it and it would perfectly slot into the current RE formula of front-loaded survival horror that slowly turns into action-horror as you obtain more guns and learn enemy tricks, etc. The originals made some pretty clever use of camera angles and stuff too, a truly cinematic take on it would be amazing.

Like anyone who wouldn't get hyped by "imagine if Mr. X was a 20 foot tall monster from the Cretaceous period" is dead inside.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the main recurring baddie for the first half of Ys 8 is an unbelievably furious velociraptor and that was pretty neat

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I just beat RE3 Remake and liked it enough that I'm going to play it again right way. Do the coins make that much of a difference or should I just save up my points for more expensive stuff like the weapons? And do the coins take up inventory space? The description seems to imply that they do, and if that's the case I think I'd rather just get the infinite handgun for my second playthrough.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jingleheimer posted:

I just beat RE3 Remake and liked it enough that I'm going to play it again right way. Do the coins make that much of a difference or should I just save up my points for more expensive stuff like the weapons? And do the coins take up inventory space? The description seems to imply that they do, and if that's the case I think I'd rather just get the infinite handgun for my second playthrough.

The coins are a fairly significant difference especially if you stack them up. And they do take up space.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Dino Crisis can work, but man, it will need a lot of work, because if you just try to do what they did with RE2, it will be pretty pitiful. But honestly, I think you are just better off making a new Dino Crisis game.

I keep hearing people describe what it should be like and it sounds less like a remake of it and more just like an actual sequel or a side-story or whatever you want to call it. Because if I am being honest, I really don't remember much of anything about the environment of Dino Crisis 1, nor many of the puzzles, nor any of the enemies other than the T-Rex and Raptors, and that one really late game enemy that was really tanky that you may as well just avoid.

There was only 3 guns in it as well. I do think the stalker type gameplay would need to chill for a bit, because raptors are much faster than zombies, and I think having that kind of thing in it would be overkill.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

With attack coins it took me less Rockets to kill enemies on Inferno than on Nightmare without attack coins. They matter more than you might guess.

Healing coins and defense coins are quite useful too, especially if you go for that one or less heals trophy.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Raxivace posted:

With attack coins it took me less Rockets to kill enemies on Inferno than on Nightmare without attack coins. They matter more than you might guess.

Likewise the defense coins are the difference between one-hit kills and not.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
There is information here about damage values and adaptive difficulty changes and whatnot: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/278662-resident-evil-3/78544278

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Well, the zombie data certainly matches up fairly closely to RE2make, as I remember it. Headshots did an additional 20% damage, so unless you could miss less than one out of five shots, they weren't really worth it. Focus doesn't do much to change that, in terms of damage values, but the slowdown and auto-aim would.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

So I bought RE3 to try resistance and really wasn't impressed. From what I gather MM's get rolled until they grind up enough to unlock the more powerful cards? Is there any kind of ranked matchmaking? My first couple games I had Rank 50+ survivors in the lobby.

MMs get rolled period, as long as the survivors know what they are doing. I've got all the cards unlocked and a fair amount of experience, but Survivors still tend to win without much trouble. Heck, I had a team at -20 seconds in the last stage of Research Facility and they still ended up winning with about 1 minute 20 seconds on the clock shortly after.

There are too many hard counters, too much comeback for the survivors and too little for the MM to use for a reasonable display. Unfortunately, like most asymmetrical games they prefer to cater to the 4 at enormous expense to the 1.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

I've been replaying using the coins. Going to hold out on using the infinite ammo guns until I've been through each difficulty. The Raiden looks really fun. It explodes zombie heads every time. Kills the Gammas with a mouth shot.

The one heal run is really easy on Assisted. I did minimalist and one heal in the same go and the hardest part is just remembering to not open the box. Assisted heals you up to caution so you're rarely a hit away from dying.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Just don't pick up the burst handgun because you can't get rid of it. I skipped the magnum too.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

LostRook posted:

MMs get rolled period, as long as the survivors know what they are doing. I've got all the cards unlocked and a fair amount of experience, but Survivors still tend to win without much trouble. Heck, I had a team at -20 seconds in the last stage of Research Facility and they still ended up winning with about 1 minute 20 seconds on the clock shortly after.

There are too many hard counters, too much comeback for the survivors and too little for the MM to use for a reasonable display. Unfortunately, like most asymmetrical games they prefer to cater to the 4 at enormous expense to the 1.

Yeah I have to agree. It's a huge hill for masterminds to overcome and you really have to hope a survivor slips up and costs their team time.

If they even stick together in pairs of two, it's hard to bleed time out more than they earn time. I'm accepting I'm never going to get all the trophies on this game because of the several mastermind related trophies. I got to 80% and that's pretty good. I'll probably shelve it until they put in some updates or releases it for free.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Got my plat. I’m very impressed by anyone who does inferno without cheats. The beginning and last boss were rough enough with them. Love to dodge a zombie and have that very same zombie grab me out of the dodge.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

ultrachrist posted:

Got my plat. I’m very impressed by anyone who does inferno without cheats. The beginning and last boss were rough enough with them. Love to dodge a zombie and have that very same zombie grab me out of the dodge.

You just know some lunatic will do a successful inferno run with no upgrades, no coins, using only the handgun and taking no damage whatsoever.

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009
The Beta Hunters and the Nest 2 aesthetic in RE3 made me hopeful for a Dino Crisis reboot. Not the first Dino Crisis, but it's insane time travel sequel with the score attack system.

I want to fight a photo-realistic Giganotosaurus in a nuclear silo, goddamnit.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

ultrachrist posted:

I used the coins, none of the unlimited ammo stuff. It was def a real challenge for me. I would imagine it would be catastrophic without the coins to soften some blows.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Lord Ludikrous posted:

You just know some lunatic will do a successful inferno run with no upgrades, no coins, using only the handgun and taking no damage whatsoever.

a no damage run of this will still need enough firepower it will be impossible to do pistol only. the carlos siege section in particular

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

capcom were working on a dino crisis remake/new game a few years ago then canned it, dont think it got out concept art stage. they are currently not working on any remakes, but who knows going forward now.

i almost thought jill at the end of re3r saying "just so you know, this is the last loving time!" was capcom telling the fans what for.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
but i need my re4 ultimate 4k edition

Dr. Video Games 0135
May 20, 2003

That's gonna be a zoinks from me, Scoob

BiggerBoat posted:

I'm down for a Dino Crisis remake with this engine. gently caress yes.

:yeah:

I sometimes think how pants-shittingly scary a Silent Hill remake on par with these games could be and then get sad that Konami is run by dumb shitheads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

site posted:

but i need my re4 ultimate 4k edition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHrKId8SMJA
http://www.re4hd.com/