Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I think I missed a chapter, where did Zeke go?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
He disappeared after Eren freed Ymir and the Rumbling began. There was a single panel during Eren's paths broadcast where you can see him lying face down in the dirt.

Presumably, he's with Eren.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I think i''m 1/2 chapters behind but mangadex is all hosed up for it rn. Where can i catch up?

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Jose posted:

I think i''m 1/2 chapters behind but mangadex is all hosed up for it rn. Where can i catch up?

You can purchase the official publication

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?
Outside of the usual locations, Crunchyroll is the official publisher of the digital version. You can read it on their god-awful flash based reader usually around the 2nd week of the month.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
The old link is dead, found this though:

https://bato.to/chapter/1430616

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Does anyone know how far behind the anime is? I am tempted to quit reading and just watch the ending instead. But I don't want to wait like two years.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Which chapter did Sasha die in? It's the last one I remember, I lost my place a long time ago.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Thoren posted:

Does anyone know how far behind the anime is? I am tempted to quit reading and just watch the ending instead. But I don't want to wait like two years.

Next season will begin with Chapter 91 (start of the Marley arc).

Flesnolk posted:

Which chapter did Sasha die in? It's the last one I remember, I lost my place a long time ago.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Thoren posted:

The next season of the anime is the final season and is starting this fall.

Or, well. That was the plan. Unsure how the pandemic will effect the scheduling.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

am I the only one who doesn't quite see how they intend to fit these chapters into a final season. Maybe I'm just overestimating how many chapters ahead it is.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Sjs00 posted:

Okay I guess I misread his character. It does make sense that he's crushed by his actions. But what I dislike is that he's still alive, and unredeemed. He needs to either redeem himself, somehow, or commit self righteous suicide and pass his Titan ability to someone who will do something with it instead of mope around pointlessly.
For example, every time the Titan shifters fight and Reiner is present, but :cry::cry::cry::cry: rather than doing something, whether that is to kill Eren/Armin/Levi, recover the Coordinate/Colossal Titan etc. Specifically the scene in Marley with Eren's big surprise attack; Reiner utterly defeated inside that cell really drove home that feeling of, yeah, he's crushed by guilt into inaction. This chapter with Jean finally punching the poo poo out of him over Marco's death didn't feel cathartic; it's been years since that particular event.
What's next for his character?
I want him to finally sack up and sacrifice himself in the final confrontation with Eren in a totally satisfying fashion; barring that have his power given to Falco/Gabi etc. I really don't want the series to end with him a shriveled husk who just couldn't get over himself/ wasn't given justice.

Well, I guess it makes sense that some people would like cliche things, or else they wouldn't be cliche

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
The path to redemption has been opened to former-child soldier Janissaries Reiner and Annie, but they're still deciding if/how they want to walk it. But there's still a lot of places they can go.
Zeke is a broken man who's beyond any semblance of forgiveness at this point. He'll be fed to Connie's mom.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Peacoffee posted:

am I the only one who doesn't quite see how they intend to fit these chapters into a final season. Maybe I'm just overestimating how many chapters ahead it is.

I don't know how many chapters are left, but we're quickly getting to the point where they either stop Eren or they don't. Either way, that'd wrap up the story.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Threatening the world with the Rumbling but only progressing as far as smashing all of Marley until the combined forces of the world unite to defeat Eren just as planned to ensure that Eldians are free forever is exactly the dumb kinda Leto II poo poo I signed up for. Bonus if Eren and Historia's kid is given to Mikasa to care for and hide his royal ancestry and is given the name Eren II in the last panel of the entire series.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...

Eej posted:

Threatening the world with the Rumbling but only progressing as far as smashing all of Marley until the combined forces of the world unite to defeat Eren just as planned to ensure that Eldians are free forever is exactly the dumb kinda Leto II poo poo I signed up for. Bonus if Eren and Historia's kid is given to Mikasa to care for and hide his royal ancestry and is given the name Eren II in the last panel of the entire series.

I love that everybody's considering this ending, and the people who want it are making God Emperor of Dune references, versus the people who don't want it making Code Geass references.

Gantolandon
Aug 19, 2012

Viridiant posted:

The next season of the anime is the final season and is starting this fall.

Or, well. That was the plan. Unsure how the pandemic will effect the scheduling.

Given that we still don't know who's going to animate the last season, this schedule seems very unlikely.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Eej posted:

If that happens the kid will 100% be a girl named Ymir.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Eej posted:

I haven't been keeping up with the series, but Eren and Historia had a kid?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
It's speculation that Eren is the actual father of Historia's baby.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Schwarzwald posted:

If that happens the kid will 100% be a girl named Ymir.
:lost:

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Marley is a dumb name for a country.

Joke Miriam
Nov 17, 2019

So if the planet is backwards, and Pseudo-Japan's name, Hizuru, still indicates its location in the East, does that mean its in the Americas?

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

Things are upside down but not reversed. Madagascar (Paradis) is still on the eastern side of the African continent (Marley).

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012
Can't wait to see Eren's fully formed Collossest Maximal Infinity Titan

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

In It For The Tank posted:

Things are upside down but not reversed. Madagascar (Paradis) is still on the eastern side of the African continent (Marley).
Yeah the planet is vertically mirrored, which is why it can't be our Earth. To make it clearer:

In this map, Africa is to the West of Madagascar, which means India/China/Japan/Australia are all to the East. However, we can assume that everything else about this planet mirrors Earth, right?

So through curiosity I went and looked up what these wall titans are dealing with to get to Japan. Turns out there is plenty of ocean that goes 11km deep between Madagascar and Japan, which is deeper than the tallest mountain on Earth, Everest, which is just under 9km tall. According to the AOTS Wikipedia, the wall titans are likely 50 meters tall. Which means those things must be pretty sturdy to move underwater at any speed (they may be strong but they aren't frictionless,) not have to breath (even though they all seem to scream,) not require light (being inside the walls, blocking light, is what kept them asleep, right?) and withstand however many atmospheres of pressure the ocean pushes on you when you're that deep.

In other words, I don't think the wall titans are actually spreading out from Madagascar in a circle the way some graphic was displaying earlier in the series, but rather they're going to the nearest continent (Africa) and walking over landmasses as efficiently as possible from there. I suspect the ones that reach the north-east tip of Russia are going to take the former land bridge over Alaska. Honestly, I'm betting some smaller islands completely dodged the Rumbling. Hawaii's probably chill.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Apr 11, 2020

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Maybe they will float

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
AoT world is only loosely based on a bizarro upside version of our planet. There's only so much you can read into it. There's a huge climatological difference between Madagascar/South Africa and Europe.

For a start, it doesn't really snow in Madagasacar.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Elias_Maluco posted:

Maybe they will float

This, they probably wouldn't steam up the ocean if they were at the bottom of it no matter how hot they are

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

change my name posted:

This, they probably wouldn't steam up the ocean if they were at the bottom of it no matter how hot they are

I was kidding, that would look very silly

What I think is that this issue is never going to be addressed, just like is never going to be addressed how they are supposed to deal with big mountains and so on

The rumbling is able to kill all humanity so we just have to assume they can reach everywhere and thats it

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Phobophilia posted:

AoT world is only loosely based on a bizarro upside version of our planet. There's only so much you can read into it. There's a huge climatological difference between Madagascar/South Africa and Europe.

For a start, it doesn't really snow in Madagasacar.

Agreed. That map resembles Madagascar and Africa to the degree that a cloud might resemble a horsy or a ducky.

Kritzkrieg Kop
Nov 4, 2009
Why can't we assume that the collossal titans are able to swim? I'm sure they can do a backstroke.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Given their low density they probably float fairly easily.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Now I want nothing else but to see how aberrant titans swim.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Titans definitly float. Just bobbing in the waves having a good time.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Crimpolioni posted:

Titans definitly float. Just bobbing in the waves having a good time.

I am reminded of a gif of these old-looking men bobbing up and down in chairs in the ocean.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

An unlucky bunch serve as surfboards for the rest.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Maybe they work like those ants that form balls to float in the water

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
They actually work like spiders and fly. They just send up some of the stuff they use to make walls and let the wind carry them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Now I’m imagining them creating a makeshift raft like ants and then making sails out of wall fluid