Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

WrenP-Complete posted:

Chag sameach, avshalom! I'm dating someone new (a rabbi! He jokes I may be too Jewish for him :jewish:) Due to giggling about your posting in bed, I have now had to explain all about you, our shared love of your seppeku-prone quail, and attempted to explain the latest fart fetish saga. You have a standing invitation to stay with me for any Shabbat or holiday in Tucson, Arizona where the Gambols quail bloop bloop around free, adorned by their headcovering and zeal for Hashem . :h

this is a mitzvah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

My relationship with Something Awful is weird. It was the only website I was aware of growing up because of the 9/11 tribute video, but I only saw it once because internet was impossible to get where I lived. Then I went to college and Something Awful was the only place on the web I thought to visit. Now I walk around recalling Powerbooks and lost fingats, but have no capacity to understand or tolerate Twitter, which somehow became the most important thing in the world.

I guess I'm too old for that sorta nonsense anymore:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EJdxTTwi7Y

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Grammarchist posted:

My relationship with Something Awful is weird. It was the only website I was aware of growing up because of the 9/11 tribute video, but I only saw it once because internet was impossible to get where I lived. Then I went to college and Something Awful was the only place on the web I thought to visit. Now I walk around recalling Powerbooks and lost fingats, but have no capacity to understand or tolerate Twitter, which somehow became the most important thing in the world.

I guess I'm too old for that sorta nonsense anymore:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EJdxTTwi7Y

quoting to embed

godspeed, u old coot

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Am I being moderated?

Am I being moderated?

You can't ban me

I am a sovereign netizen

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

sarah connor: *poot*

kyle reese: idk fart stuff

john connor: u trying to moderate moi?

t-800 the terminator: fart w/ me if u want to live

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Krankenstyle posted:

this is a mitzvah

Mitzvah? drat near killed yah!

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Yobgoblin got a 100,000 probe on '17. Had it lifted Jan 7 this year only to be perma'd by Jan 9.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Inceltown posted:

Yobgoblin got a 100,000 probe on '17. Had it lifted Jan 7 this year only to be perma'd by Jan 9.

Wasn't Yobgoblin a turbo-creep? I could swear I'd heard things about them sending a bunch of creepy PMs.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Antivehicular posted:

Wasn't Yobgoblin a turbo-creep? I could swear I'd heard things about them sending a bunch of creepy PMs.

Yes

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

imo yobgoblin put me onto this great video, then got a lil too friendly in the pms & so i ghosted them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKyi1YsiYQY

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Antivehicular posted:

Very much so but IIRC he helped to mod one of Lowtax's twitch streams for a bit.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

FuturePastNow posted:

Am I being moderated?

Am I being moderated?

You can't ban me

I am a sovereign netizen

:laffo:

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

FuturePastNow posted:

Am I being moderated?

Am I being moderated?

You can't ban me

I am a sovereign netizen

gold-fringed post

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
"Gold-fringed admiralty flags!!!" is one of those references that didn't originate here, but I use it all the time now and don't think about it because it's common knowledge here and like, not unknown in the general public

And then I use it to randoms and they have no idea what the gold-fringed flags mean.

Sheeple.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
that kind of crap is why I begrudingly had to admit to myself I'm SA 'til death or perma because, in the end, this site is a pretty amazing brain trust. and we share so much knowledge. blag

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
i do not think lowtax has any idea what an amazing resource he has constructed or has any idea how to leverage it

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Pick posted:

i do not think lowtax has any idea what an amazing resource he has constructed or has any idea how to leverage it

he probably does realize, but just lacks the backbone to do it

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

dee eight posted:

he probably does realize, but just lacks the backbone to do it

This took me a second but :golfclap:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Phy posted:

I got a gang tag for inadvertently participating in a "make mayo or get toxxed" thread challenge

No one was gonna lose anything if they didn't follow through.

That said, that was the last fun food challenge we got to have before the pandemic. There was some talk of making "Latverian food" (Latveria being the fictional country ruled by Doctor Doom) in March but, well, the world happened.

I am proud of my Mayo Dukes, though; Sandwich Anarchist not only made the gang tag but actively coached posters who had never made mayo and, you know, I think everyone came out happier for it.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Pastry of the Year posted:

No one was gonna lose anything if they didn't follow through.

That said, that was the last fun food challenge we got to have before the pandemic. There was some talk of making "Latverian food" (Latveria being the fictional country ruled by Doctor Doom) in March but, well, the world happened.

I am proud of my Mayo Dukes, though; Sandwich Anarchist not only made the gang tag but actively coached posters who had never made mayo and, you know, I think everyone came out happier for it.

Could follow up with Bechamel Boys: make each of the 5 mother sauces (and serve them on something appropriate). I'm thinking about doing Eggs Benedict tomorrow, although I don't have any ham or bacon.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Find goons who insist that they vomit at the sight of any and all instances of the extremely simple and widespread dressing known as "mayonnaise" (because ugh it is so AMERICAN and RICH and makes you FAT and I have GOOD TASTE) and then force them to home-make mayo, eat it on something, and realize that it's pretty good and has uses beyond dunking a white-bread bologna sandwich into helman's or making a macaroni-n-mayo slop salad.

Also sandwich chain Jimmy John's will name you a Mayo Master irl if you can go from slicing the fresh bread loaf to the finished cold sandwich in a certain amount of time (I wanna say a minute and a half?)

Like you get a lovely little paper certificate and corporate will consider you better for promotion and everything.

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Apr 10, 2020

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Pham Nuwen posted:

Could follow up with Bechamel Boys: make each of the 5 mother sauces (and serve them on something appropriate). I'm thinking about doing Eggs Benedict tomorrow, although I don't have any ham or bacon.

Avocado? Fish steak or fillet? Lobster? Tempeh? A hash brown patty?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Find goons who insist that they vomit at the sight of any and all instances of the extremely simple and widespread dressing known as "mayonnaise" (because ugh it is so AMERICAN and RICH and makes you FAT and I have GOOD TASTE) and then force them to home-make mayo, eat it on something, and realize that it's pretty good and has uses beyond dunking a white-bread bologna sandwich into helman's or making a macaroni-n-mayo slop salad.

Also sandwich chain Jimmy John's will name you a Mayo Master irl if you can go from slicing the fresh bread loaf to the finished cold sandwich in a certain amount of time (I wanna say a minute and a half?)

Like you get a lovely little paper certificate and corporate will consider you better for promotion and everything.

Mayonnaise is Spanish or French.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Charles posted:

Mayonnaise is Spanish or French.

Aioli is from catalan and I'm french.

That doesn't change how if you mention mayonnaise on this here website then about 15 million people will insist that everyone in the midwest eats it breakfast lunch and diner except they themselves, who eat good civilized food from countries that look down their noses at such disgusting poo poo sauces.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Arivia posted:

Avocado? Fish steak or fillet? Lobster? Tempeh? A hash brown patty?

I've got some avocado, good call! I could also thaw out some elk steaks but I'm getting a little low.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Can I get a retroactive mayo tag for making it a few times on my own? I still can't decide if my POS blender or by whisk is better

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Raptor1033 posted:

Can I get a retroactive mayo tag for making it a few times on my own? I still can't decide if my POS blender or by whisk is better

Stick blender supremacy

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Yeah that's on the agenda eventually, :sigh:

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

As the goon who somehow sparked the idea of making a Latverian food challenge a thing, and proudly brandishing my badge of Mayo Duke, I gotta weigh in here.

I think during this doomed time, we could just do a Doom Food thread. Just post something you cooked for yourself while quarantined/sheltering-in-place. Like, last night I realized "hey, I have a can of garbanzos, a can of black beans, and some cherry tomatoes. gently caress yeah, I'm making balela salad!"

And not a forums saga per se, but just a feel-good story about food which has been a personal saga, please see this post.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3811995&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1920#post503939652

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Pham Nuwen posted:

I've got some avocado, good call! I could also thaw out some elk steaks but I'm getting a little low.

I know this isn't a cooking thread but I made it this morning and it was goddamn delicious. I used lime juice in the sauce because I didn't have lemon, and lime goes well with avocado. Thanks again for recommending that.

("eww eggs and acid and fat emulsified into a sauce, yuck, how Midwestern and white")

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Pham Nuwen posted:

I know this isn't a cooking thread but I made it this morning and it was goddamn delicious. I used lime juice in the sauce because I didn't have lemon, and lime goes well with avocado. Thanks again for recommending that.

("eww eggs and acid and fat emulsified into a sauce, yuck, how Midwestern and white")

Hell yes! I love eggs benedict and I'm glad to have inspired bringing more into the world.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Pham Nuwen posted:

Oooh, good idea I should make some too. Not using english muffins though cause I hate those styrofoam discs pretending to be bread.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

fool of sound posted:

I hate those styrofoam discs pretending to be bread.

Whoa there, I am prepared to make this a saga :arghfist:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Captain Hygiene posted:

Whoa there, I am prepared to make this a saga :arghfist:

Everyone knows eggs benedict go on crumpets not muffins

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

I’ve been to a place that uses homemade biscuits and I don’t care how deeply southern it is, it was loving great.

Not a saga in and of itself but I appreciate how often goons discuss food. What would you all say are some of the under-appreciated food-related sagas?

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Fatty jerky or the lack thereof.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

goatsestretchgoals posted:

Fatty jerky or the lack thereof.

Louisgod: what

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I 100% love every single tipping argument. Most of the time it's just people arguing over each other and get mad at one another even though they agree. It's fantastic.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Solice Kirsk posted:

I 100% love every single tipping argument. Most of the time it's just people arguing over each other and get mad at one another even though they agree. It's fantastic.

This describes 95% of goon arguments though. You know-nothing buffoon unworthy of my clearly superior wisdom. :q:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

*tips hat forward

You wanna make sumthin' of it, ya mug?