Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
https://twitter.com/TrueHoser_LR/status/1238199481566474241?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

The mavs looked poised to win an NCAA game so of course the season is cancelled.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

PSU B1G champs, :toot: :colbert:

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Welp

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

PSU B1G champs, :toot: :colbert:
so let it be written

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

now watch me whip

BUG JUG posted:

The mavs looked poised to win an NCAA game so of course the season is cancelled.

now watch me nae nae

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Hope the coup gets you too THM!!!

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

BUG JUG posted:

Hope the coup gets you too THM!!!

100,000 hours doesn't scare me

now a Mankato SU championship....

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Scotty, Samberg, Richards gone early. Shepard and Wolffy graduated. Getting kind of emotional over here.

Then I remember that USCHO did a "simulation" of the Tournament and had Shep giving up 5 goals to ASU. Buddy, Shepard would have 2 more rings by the time he gave up 5 more goals in the Tournament.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
Before the Shelter In Place order I had purchased the season on NCHC.tv but had only watched parts of 2 UND games. I'm now at the Christmas break and holy poo poo this team!

UND will lose seven seniors -- Poolman, Peski, Michaud, Bowen, & Smith hurt. Yon, and Johnson were mostly extra skaters in the first half of the season but Kawaguchi's coming back.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

UND was loving nuts this year. I was really looking forward to the NCHC tournament

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Banners hang forever

Welcome to the club Scotty

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Banners hang forever

Welcome to the club Scotty

that's St Louis Blues prospect Scott Perunovich to you, sir

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Troy Queef posted:

that's St Louis Blues prospect Scott Perunovich to you, sir

Probably gonna be my first authentic NHL jersey whenever the number gets announced.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

College Hockey: Mavericks 2020 Simulated National Champions

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

BUG JUG posted:

College Hockey: Mavericks 2020 Simulated National Champions

Gamebreaking bug

FasterThanLight
Mar 26, 2003

2020, the year St Cloud didn't endure the shame of missing the tournament OR losing to a 4th seed in the 1st round. I consider that a huge success.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Blake Biondi and Wyatt Kaiser signed their NLI's and are coming to UMD for the Fall. Gonna be a ridiculous year.

The other guys coming in are gonna be solid additions too, but those headliners are loving beasts.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/cjperson_1/status/1252266607730098178?s=19

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/USCHO/status/1252569198909222913?s=19

lmaoooooooooooooo that's going to be such a loving disaster

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
if you think that's going to be a trainwreck, just wait until rutgers tries

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

early morning puck stuff today, times eastern

quote:

2019 Big Ten Tournament
Semifinal: Minnesota vs. Notre Dame (03/17/2019) — Big Ten Network, 6 a.m.
Semifinal: Penn State vs. Ohio State (03/17/2019) — Big Ten Network, 8 a.m.
Championship: Penn State vs. Notre Dame (03/23/2019) — Big Ten Network, 10 a.m.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

dammit I missed all of the good stuff because I didn't religiously check for your posts like I should

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

DJExile posted:

https://twitter.com/USCHO/status/1252569198909222913?s=19

lmaoooooooooooooo that's going to be such a loving disaster

the best thing about this is that the on-campus rink at UofI is something like 210x110, bigger than even Olympic size. they'd have to play in either Bloomington-Normal or Danville until they could get a new facility built.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/LIUAthletics/status/1255950194258173953?s=20

this is big news, as LIU already has a women's Division I program and is now adding men's. John Buccigross though is worried that they will have an issue finding a conference: the most logical place for them is Atlantic Hockey at 11 teams, but according to him they already have a 12th team in mind and it's the Naval Academy, who have the money and a facility ready on the Yard. plus they already have USMA and USAFA as part of that league.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Having an odd number of teams hasn't stopped the B1G or Hockey East, they'll be fine.

E: Also I could swear Navy had D1 hockey before.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Looking forward to Navy making GBS threads its way to an Atlantic Hockey title and then bouncing an undefeated SCSU or Mankato team in round 1 of the Tournament.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

DJExile posted:

Having an odd number of teams hasn't stopped the B1G or Hockey East, they'll be fine.

E: Also I could swear Navy had D1 hockey before.

also i could definitely see one of the "higher profile" westernmost teams like Robert Morris, Mercyhurst, or RIT leaving to try to join the new CCHA

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Teemu Pokemon posted:

also i could definitely see one of the "higher profile" westernmost teams like Robert Morris, Mercyhurst, or RIT leaving to try to join the new CCHA

Robert Morris and BG have played a bunch of non-conf games together, and even if they're in Pennsylvania, at least they're northwest of Pittsburgh so they're not THAT far away.

Not as far as Fairbanks is from goddamn Huntsville, anyway.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Robert Morris has a long history of playing against quite a few of the old CCHA teams, it's a natural fit. I'm sure they would be champing at the bit to get out of the AHA and stop having to go to Colorado twice a year

e: poor bama, they aren't any farther away from BG than bemidji, they could definitely survive in the new ccha but those dang UP schools are so dang selfish

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 18:15 on May 2, 2020

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://www.al.com/sports/2020/05/uah-cancels-ice-hockey-tennis-citing-coronavirus.html

you kinda knew it was going to happen, but considering I know a few people who do stuff for UAH hockey this sucks and sucks hard.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Uggggh that sucks :(

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

rip the chargers killed by the coward jim delany

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
St. Thomas will be a better fit than UAH could've been in the new CCHA.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Bloopsy posted:

St. Thomas will be a better fit than UAH could've been in the new CCHA.

Aren't they division III? or is that another st thomas

oh yeah they're in hamline's conference lol

E: hamline join the CCHA

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below

DJExile posted:

Aren't they division III? or is that another st thomas

oh yeah they're in hamline's conference lol

E: hamline join the CCHA

https://m.startribune.com/ncaa-decision-on-st-thomas-proposed-move-to-division-i-expected-wednesday/571302672/

quote:

St. Thomas should get some long-awaited clarity about its future Wednesday night, when the NCAA is expected to announce whether the school can move directly from Division III to Division I.

The unprecedented leap must be approved by the NCAA’s Division I Council, which wraps up three days of meetings Wednesday. Should the Tommies get the go-ahead, they would officially join the Summit League and begin Division I play in 2021-22.

In May of 2019, the Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference announced it was kicking St. Thomas out of the league it helped found a century ago. Presidents of the MIAC’s member schools voted to boot the Tommies after the 2020-21 season, citing “athletic competitive parity.”

St. Thomas officials revealed in October the school intends to move to Division I and join the Summit League. Because the NCAA does not allow schools to reclassify directly from DIII to DI, St. Thomas must get NCAA permission before it can make the move. The Division I Council was expected to rule on the matter in April, but it postponed the decision until its June meetings.

What will be decided?

The NCAA will not grant St. Thomas a one-time waiver. It is considering whether to change its bylaws to allow any qualified school to move directly from DIII to DI.

The preparations

With only one season remaining in the MIAC, the Tommies would have to be ready to make their Division I debut a little more than a year from now. Given that tight time frame, athletic director Phil Esten and his staff already are laying the groundwork.

They have discussed how to structure their fundraising, which will have to bankroll a much larger athletic budget, and how to pay for facilities that must be upgraded or replaced to meet DI expectations. Other topics have included nonconference scheduling and how to assemble coaching and support staffs. Coaches have begun adjusting their recruiting as well.

What happens next?

Should the Tommies get permission, they will become a member of the Summit League in all sports except football and hockey. They are expected to pursue membership in the football-only Pioneer League, a non-scholarship conference at the Football Championship Subdivision level.

Men’s and women’s hockey, which St. Thomas says it intends to continue, also will need to find new leagues. It’s possible both could join the WCHA.

If the NCAA does not authorize the Tommies to make the move, the school will have to find another DIII conference or reclassify to Division II.

Article says WCHA but that's for the women's team. The commissioner of the new CCHA has been open to adding St. Thomas as the 8th team, joining Mankato and Bemidji as in-state rivals. At an alumni/fundraising function back in September that I attended the AD said new facilities would be needed and that likely begins with a new hockey arena since their current digs they share with a high school team off campus fits roughly 1200.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

well I'll be damned, that's wild

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

BGSU posted:

CCHA Member Schools To Announce Commissioner Wednesday

The seven member institutions of the reconstituted Central Collegiate Hockey Association (CCHA) will be hosting a virtual press conference on Wednesday, June 17 at 2 p.m. ET to announce the new Commissioner.

let's gooooooooooo

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

It's former Gopher coach Don Lucia.

https://m.startribune.com/former-gophers-coach-don-lucia-set-to-become-ccha-commissioner/571316702/

quote:

Former Gophers men's hockey coach Don Lucia will be named the commissioner of the new Central Collegiate Hockey Association, a source with knowledge of the situation confirmed to the Star Tribune Wednesday morning. The conference has called a 1 p.m. video conference to announce the commissioner.

The CCHA will begin play in the 2021-222 season, with seven members of the WCHA announcing last June 28 that they are leaving to form the new conference. They are Bemidji State, Minnesota State Mankato, Bowling Green, Ferris State, Lake Superior State, Michigan Tech and Northern Michigan. That will leave the WCHA with only Alabama Huntsville, Alaska and Alaska Anchorage.

The seven departing schools wanted their next league to "focus on improving regional alignment ... while building natural rivalries within a more compact geographic footprint," according athletic consultant Morris Kurtz, a former St. Cloud State athletic director who coordinated the move.

The new conference decided on the CCHA name in February, resurrecting the league that operated from 1971 to 2013 but was disbanded in the last round of college hockey realignment.

Lucia, 61, coached the Gophers from 1999 through 2018, winning NCAA championships in 2002 and '03 and guiding the team to three other Frozen Four appearances. He finished his career with a 722-413-110 record, with coaching stops at Alaska, Colorado College and Minnesota. Lucia is a three-time national coach of the year.

After Lucia stepped down as Gophers coach after the 2017-18 season, he spent the next 14 months as a special assistant to athletic director Mark Coyle, a role in which he focused on fundraising for improvements to 3M Arena at Mariucci.

Now, he'll be in charge of a seven-team conference, and one of his early tasks likely will be finding an eighth program, something Kurtz emphasized when the league was formed. "There's no question that we think there are other institutions that would be interested in being part of this endeavor," Kurtz said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Oh that's a hell of a choice, drat