Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

sexpig by night posted:

why the only thing worse than Radium's coding is Zak Smith, the rapist and pants shitter's, basic sense of ethics

So fun fact, all the smilies have titles that I don't know if there's a way to see them in the forums. When I went in to create the original : zak : i just copy/pasted the : shrek : smilie.

Anyways, turns out the title to that had racism in it. Not like kinda racist, it was the loving n-word.

This happens often enough that "load bearing racism in the code" has become kind of a meme among the mods and admins.

Anyways that's gone now because lol hell no I can change this right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Cyrano4747 posted:

So fun fact, all the smilies have titles that I don't know if there's a way to see them in the forums. When I went in to create the original : zak : i just copy/pasted the : shrek : smilie.

Anyways, turns out the title to that had racism in it. Not like kinda racist, it was the loving n-word.

This happens often enough that "load bearing racism in the code" has become kind of a meme among the mods and admins.

Anyways that's gone now because lol hell no I can change this right now.

I believe those show up as the tooltip if you hover over a smilie on the smilies page. The one for :shrek : is now empty, the one for :zak : is "Zak S, pants shitter and abuser."

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Arivia posted:

I believe those show up as the tooltip if you hover over a smilie on the smilies page. The one for :shrek : is now empty, the one for :zak : is "Zak S, pants shitter and abuser."

Ah ha.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
time for a spin-off:

:perjury::zak:

(they desync cause I added one extra frame to balance the text at the end)

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

:emptyquote:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

:zak:

Warthur
May 2, 2004

Elector_Nerdlingen posted:

I'll admit that I was a bit confused too.

So I googled the name Zak S. There are ten results on the first page. All but one mention that Zak S. is, or is alleged to be, a rapist and an abuser. The other result is a twitter account that seems to just irregularly post bad art and worse takes but nothing about being a rapist and an abuser, so that's probably the person who's complaining about people saying that the Zak S. referred to in the search results that are about how Zak S. is a rapist and an abuser, is a rapist and an abuser.

OK, I think I see where the confusion comes from: I get similar results from "Zak S" and "Zak Sabbath", but "Zak Smith" - who is the same alleged abuser and rapist as these other names - includes about three or four links to this person's work in the world of fine art, which is pretty laughable given that his schtick wears really thin really quickly and could probably be reduced to a Photoshop filter fairly easily.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Warthur posted:

OK, I think I see where the confusion comes from: I get similar results from "Zak S" and "Zak Sabbath", but "Zak Smith" - who is the same alleged abuser and rapist as these other names - includes about three or four links to this person's work in the world of fine art, which is pretty laughable given that his schtick wears really thin really quickly and could probably be reduced to a Photoshop filter fairly easily.
I'm not sure that isn't what happened already, looking it.

"I looked at the source material of the Brownpants Man, Danforth, beneath the layers of his artifice and his computing-machine, and By God, Danforth, it was a photograph from life!"

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Somewhere in Zak S's attic is a painting of an immaculate Chick-fil-A restroom floor.

Doctor Nick
Dec 27, 2003

Is this dude working anywhere or currently in any sort of position of influence/power?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Not that anyone's dared to mention. His last RPG credit was 2018.

He's still being allowed to harass people in the Demon City Kickstarter comments, and replies critical of him are being deleted, so I can only assume Mike Evans is still working with him.

Despite, you know, backers telling him that they're going to refuse shipment of rewards since they can't get a refund and would rather burn his work than own it.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Apr 12, 2020

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

I don't think you understand, Gau.
Also in which he confirms that he's not finished being a litigious pants-shitter:

It appears he's not willing to publicly post in a place he can't utterly control any more, which is just brilliant. What a loving coward.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Gau posted:

Also in which he confirms that he's not finished being a litigious pants-shitter:

It appears he's not willing to publicly post in a place he can't utterly control any more, which is just brilliant. What a loving coward.

He's gonna have a bad time of it here.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

did he stipulate this thread be made? does that mean he can read it?

hi rapist! :fuckoff:

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
Yes your honor I would like to stipulate the following:
-The defendant’s apology must mention the time I won a charity raffle and my impressive average score in Wii Bowling
-The apology will be posted on Reddit, RPGNet, and a Times Square billboard
-You, the defense counsel, and the bailiff will sign this card saying whoever receives it must hire me
-Whoops I poo poo myself again. Please strike this bit from the record

Sionak
Dec 20, 2005

Mind flay the gap.

Nessus posted:

I'm not sure that isn't what happened already, looking it.

"I looked at the source material of the Brownpants Man, Danforth, beneath the layers of his artifice and his computing-machine, and By God, Danforth, it was a photograph from life!"

I see this reference and appreciate it. Shitman's Model, if you will.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Sionak posted:

I see this reference and appreciate it. Shitman's Model, if you will.

Do I have to say post av combo or is that just implicit?

Just like how it's implicit that all of Zak's pants are stained brown to below the knee and he smells like a waste treatment plant. Plus, we all assume he either doesn't believe in deodorant, has some truly terrible choices in cologne or both, right?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Liquid Communism posted:

Not that anyone's dared to mention. His last RPG credit was 2018.

He's still being allowed to harass people in the Demon City Kickstarter comments, and replies critical of him are being deleted, so I can only assume Mike Evans is still working with him.

Despite, you know, backers telling him that they're going to refuse shipment of rewards since they can't get a refund and would rather burn his work than own it.

My favorite part of these comments is the guy who starts off being sort of sympathetic to Zak and then slowly realizes he's talking to a malignant narcissist

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks

This is beyond pathetic.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
He sure loves using the term "Penalty of Perjury" like it loving means anything

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Kemper Boyd posted:

This is beyond pathetic.

Does that mean that once he's finished suing people, he's going to top himself?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I can completely buy that Zak S. lives only for the thrill of power over others, like a particularly unpleasant Eddorian.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Angrymog posted:

No, because he’s quite literally a pants-making GBS threads coward.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

plester1 posted:

No, because he’s quite literally a pants-making GBS threads coward.

And rapist.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

:zak: gently caress you Zak S you pants making GBS threads rapist :zak:

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Xiahou Dun posted:

Do I have to say post av combo or is that just implicit?

Just like how it's implicit that all of Zak's pants are stained brown to below the knee and he smells like a waste treatment plant. Plus, we all assume he either doesn't believe in deodorant, has some truly terrible choices in cologne or both, right?

Zak S/Zak Sabbath/Zak Smith is definitely the sort of person who thinks cologne (or, as he would say, Axe Body Spray) is just as good as a shower. He also believes Febreeze is fine when you can’t be hosed to make your handicapped partner do the laundry.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
A thought. Zak's tactics against Ettin are very clearly designed to cause maximum shame and humiliation and drive him out of communities that supported him in the past. I would imagine the terms of the settlement (probably themselves under NDA and subject a no-disparagement clause) require this post to stay up for a certain number of weeks. Zak almost certainly hopes Ettin will be too humiliated to return after that.

gently caress that. Ettin, if you're reading this at all, this thread should hopefully make it clear just how much contempt the goons have for the Pantshitter-General. You've been the target of a vile piece of litigation through no fault whatsoever of your own. We want you back.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Angrymog posted:

It's more likely that he'll bottom himself, fatally.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

NachtSieger posted:

:zak: gently caress you Zak S you pants making GBS threads rapist :zak:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I didn't even hear about Zak Smith until this thread, but it seems like all I need to know about him is that he is a rapist, and he enjoys making GBS threads his pants in public places.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Ettin don't leave the community, we know this is just legal bullshit and that rapist is trying to humiliate you.

After Mikan I really don't want to see another cool goon disappear into the night over these pieces of poo poo.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

I said come in! posted:

I didn't even hear about Zak Smith until this thread, but it seems like all I need to know about him is that he is a rapist, and he enjoys making GBS threads his pants in public places.

It's my understanding that he is also a Streisand-Effect hobbyist.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
“So what do you do for living?”

“What, me? Oh I threaten legal action against people who accuse me of sexual assault and humiliating myself publicly

“Why?”

“Well I got fired from all my jobs ever for sexually assaulting people and humiliating myself in public.”

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Truly the mind of a balanced individual and not someone who shits his pants on a regular basis.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
personally if I were an abusive rapist who routinely rips heavy rear end into his own pants I'd probably not keep picking fights that involve letting the people who know about my abuse, rape, and pants ruining habits to go 'actually gently caress you you lying abusive garbage monster I hope you die alone and miserable'. Hypothetically.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Slimnoid posted:

Truly the mind of a balanced individual and not someone who shits his pants on a regular basis.

The fact that Mike Evans has not told Zak to just shut up in these comments means he's just as culpable as Raggi, despite trying to present himself as a neutral party.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Lumbermouth posted:

The fact that Mike Evans has not told Zak to just shut up in these comments means he's just as culpable as Raggi, despite trying to present himself as a neutral party.

KS comments seem to indicate that he'd rather let the rule of law decide the truth. Which is some :discourse: centerist garbage.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

:zak: "They'll pay! They will ALL PAY! PAY FOR WHAT THEY DID TO ME!"

:what: "Sir, this is a Chickfila bathroom"

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

I could've sworn some Kickstarter collaborator of Zak's was like "look, I can't kick him out and I can't just scrap this whole thing, but I wash my hands of this bullshit and I'm sorry." I guess that wasn't this Evans guy, though? Or did he change his mind thanks to Zak's amazing ability to poo poo all over a comments section as if they were his pants?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

There was actually a time when I recognized and empathized with some of the pathology on display here.

But Jesus Chris Christy he's willingly, knowingly, and voluntarily gone so far beyond the pale that I can no longer count him among the redeemable.