Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Data Graham posted:

I saw an ad for Japanese Noh masks on a covid-related site just now

Swing and a miss AI

"Will this mask keep you safe from covid?" Well, heck, it's right there in the name, isn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

The person who wrote this goes on a very, very strange rant that was also proudly linked about things that "Any True Hawaiian would know" and then goes on to espouse a lot of really not great stuff that's amazingly ignorant of reality, and also the simple fact that the movie doesn't take place in the sixties and seventies and, surprisingly, the culture of Hawaii has shifted since then. They weirdly romanticize a version of Hawaii from their parents childhood (At least, I'm basing this on the idea that this person seems to think Hawaii is locked in time somewhere between the 60's and 70's and talks about their parents experiences but not their own) but don't seem to know anything about modern Hawaii while also seeming to think they're an expert on it and its culture.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Phy posted:

"Will this mask keep you safe from covid?" Well, heck, it's right there in the name, isn't it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKMw2it8dQY

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/erenyeagershill/status/1249142633345306624?s=21

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I deliberately avoided the replies to that thread. No good would come of it.

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica

Inceltown posted:

I deliberately avoided the replies to that thread. No good would come of it.

a lot of people being issued with tickets for excessive internet horniness.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

That just fuckin impressive

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica

Sloth Life posted:

yes but you're not supposed to say it

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

A lot of people seemed to have missed it but it’s two women having these awful opinions.

Also they compared the movie to Godfather which :lol:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Sloth Life posted:

I could do that.

If I had a time machine and could invest several years into gymnastic training.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Tribladeofchaos posted:

A lot of people seemed to have missed it but it’s two women having these awful opinions.

Also they compared the movie to Godfather which :lol:

Why is the Godfather good?

No I am being slightly serious here, a lot of how we frame fiction and movies in particular is kind of weird in that we are expected to compare two different things trying to do different things and make it fit.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

yo Chuck ma boy the little red squiggle under the word means you spelled it wrong

yes, that one too

Memento has a new favorite as of 09:43 on Apr 12, 2020

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

He thinks it's the ethnic spelling

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Well poo poo, and I used to think that picking clothes off the ground and slinging them into the laundry basket with my feet was unique.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Easy people she puts her pants on one leg at a time just like everyone else.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Push El Burrito posted:

Easy people she puts her pants on one leg at a time just like everyone else.

She quite likely doesn't.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

You guys don't jump into your pants and pull them up both legs at the same time? hosed up

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Josef bugman posted:

Why is the Godfather good?

No I am being slightly serious here, a lot of how we frame fiction and movies in particular is kind of weird in that we are expected to compare two different things trying to do different things and make it fit.

A few reasons:

* It was the first modern gangster movie that was more about the characters than the crime
* FFC was part of a crop of new and exciting filmmakers who worked outside the old studio system
* The acting was really good
* The story of a multigenerational family where the younger members were trying (and failing) to not repeat the failures of their elders rang true to the people of the early 70s

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
To be fair I think that was rhetorical.

It’s like comparing godfather and Die hard.

Both good movies but it would be weird to compare them

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/TheDamaniFelder/status/1249092108671213570?s=19

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

It all starts with not letting people starve in the gutter, then BAM. SLAVERY

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
A cute way of coping with it is that every evening a small town in Derbyshire open their windows at about 6:30pm and moo in unison for a bit of fun: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-52252003

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Memento posted:

yo Chuck ma boy the little red squiggle under the word means you spelled it wrong

yes, that one too

Well, Charlie, liquor stores are open so that emergency rooms aren’t full of alcoholics in forced detox in the midst of a loving pandemic.

Religion may be the opiate of the masses, but you don’t actually go into withdrawal if you can’t go to church. Watch a service on the TV like a normal person.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1249270881936904192?s=19

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Note they apparently removed that last line from the story

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

AlbieQuirky posted:

Well, Charlie, liquor stores are open

Not in PA ☹️

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

lmao "We found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Biden, beyond a specific pattern of sexual misconduct"

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

AlbieQuirky posted:

Well, Charlie, liquor stores are open so that emergency rooms aren’t full of alcoholics in forced detox in the midst of a loving pandemic.

Religion may be the opiate of the masses, but you don’t actually go into withdrawal if you can’t go to church. Watch a service on the TV like a normal person.

I'm confident that he doesn't realise that alcohol withdrawal can be fatal, and suspect that he would tell you that it can't possibly be fatal, since how would you get former alcoholics otherwise, are you saying that everyone who gives up drinking dies? It wouldn't be worth explaining it to him, he would absorb literally none of it.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Peanut Butler posted:

lmao "We found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Biden, beyond a specific pattern of sexual misconduct"

You know, the kind that's just whining instead of valid. We'll let you all know when something concerns us and take immediate action.

- Tarl Cabot of Gor, ethics investigation

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
"I'm certain we can get out of this if we just dig this hole deeper"

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1249365361939660802?s=19

That deleted tweet:

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

I finally have some content to submit! A dumbass who thinks that FF7 Remake isn't an exclusive because it's on two consoles:

https://twitter.com/SrirachaIsGreat/status/1249373028766699521?s=19

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Seedge posted:

I finally have some content to submit! A dumbass who thinks that FF7 Remake isn't an exclusive because it's on two consoles:

I just had a revelation that I'm now officially An Old, because I absolutely do not care about video games if I'm expected to pick a side in the Second (third?) Console War

7 is overrated anyway, don't @ me unless it's to show me trailers of a FF6 remake

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Seedge posted:

I will admit I am out of touch with this generation of consoles, but aren't the PS4 and PS4 pro the same thing? Isn't that like saying "Random Xbox 360 game isn't exclusive, because the 360 had ~10 different versions. So that's 10~ different consoles it runs on!"

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

The General posted:

I will admit I am out of touch with this generation of consoles, but aren't the PS4 and PS4 pro the same thing? Isn't that like saying "Random Xbox 360 game isn't exclusive, because the 360 had ~10 different versions. So that's 10~ different consoles it runs on!"

Correct.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Final Fantasy House HD simulator when

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Only if it's the hosed up Hellhouses from FF7.

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

BioEnchanted posted:

Only if it's the hosed up Hellhouses from FF7.

Playing the remake right now and I’m dying to get into a fight with one of these bad boys.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

SiKboy posted:

Correct.

Who the hell calls it the "PS4 professional system"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

T-man posted:

Final Fantasy House HD simulator when

Final Fantasy Groverhaus HD simulator